15 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 9)

Day 9 : True And False Words, True and False Gurus

---------------------------------------------------

What are we here for? What should we be doing with our life? Recently, people have been criticising me, saying that tarna, or the punjabee couplets I sing, are false words and shouldn't be sung on a Gurdwara stage. They don't understanding what false words, or kachee banee as Guru jee has called it, really is. Tarna is a translation of God's Words in Guru Granth Sahib jee sung to music. If Tarna is false then so is any translation of our Guru'swords. If false words are any that are not contained in Guru Granth Sahibjee, then does that mean we shouldn't say the names of 5 of our Guru's, nor the names of the 4 sons of Guru Gobind Singh jee nor the names of the Beloved Punj Pyare because their names do not appear in Guru Granth Sahib jee? I'm not criticising, we've already got enough problems in the Khalsa Panth without adding new ones. What about Ardas, it is not in Guru Granth Sahib jee so are they false words as well? No! Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``My Khalsa will worship the Light of the World, Jag-Dee-Jot, Guru Granth Sahib jee.'' All tarna is, is a translation of Guru Granth Sahib jee to music to help people get closer to their Guru Granth Sahib jee. Translations aren't in Guru Granth

Sahib jee, so does that mean they are false words too? No! If you ban tarna then ban Katha-discourse as well as it's not in Guru Granth Sahib jee either. So what really are the false words, or kachee banee that Guru jee is refering to? Well, TV and dirty literature can be described as kachee banee. Tarna is a translation of God's Word, not false words. People do so many false things which we don't even think about. They give 2 rupees for the Granthi-priest to say the Ardas-prayer asking to be blessed with a pure Sikh life. Is Sikhism so cheap? We can't even buy a litre of petrol for 50 Rupees! If we read the names of Guru Gobind Singh jee's 4 sons to music does that mean theyare false words or kachee banee? Guru Nanak Dev jee never played the harmoniumor hand-drums, vaja or tabla, all his kirtan-singing was accompanied by Bhai Mardana jee's stringed Rabaab. Does that mean that anyone singing God's Words

using a tabla and vaja are false? We don't understand true and false, pakee and kachee, really is, that's why we get mislead. If the words help us to get closer to Guru Granth Sahib jee and inspire us to receive amrit its True, or Sachee. If the words lead us away then its false, or Kachee.

If Tarna uses false words, then remember that in Guru Gobind Singh jee's court there were 52 poets. Were their words false as well? Bhai Nand Lal jee was one of them, he wrote 2 volumes of verses called `Bandagee Nama..Book of Devotion' and presented them to Guru Gobind Singh jee who on reading them said, ``Bhai Nand Lal jee call this Zindagee Nama - the Book of Life. By reading this book, people's lives will be changed.'' Tadhee-singers sing warrior songs in the Gurdwara, those verses aren't in the Guru Granth Sahib jeeeither, but we sing them. The Ardas prayer, Katha translations, and the names of 5 of our Gurus aren't in Guru Granth Sahib jee so are they all false? Lets not get involved in this foolish argument.

Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``My Sikh will not bow to gravestones nor statues, only to the Light of the World, God. The ones that worship graves will go to hell. My Sikhs will not worship graves.'' Near the end of Guru Gobind Singh jee's life Sikhs asked, ``Before leaving his body, Guru Nanak Dev jee joined the Sikhs with Guru Angad Dev jee, similarly Guru Angad Dev jee joined the Sikhs to Guru Amar Das jee, O Guru-King who will you join the Sikhs to?'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``From now on you will not have a Guru in a human body. My Khalsa will not worship humans or graves.'' Nowadays, there are Sikhs with the 5Ks that bow to graves of Muslim Saints. Once you've received Amrit you've got no right to bow to these places. The historic Sikhs had such character that one time when they were riding with Guru Gobind Singh jee, they saw Guru Gobind Singh jee bowing to a Muslim Saint's grave. The Sikhs said,

``You told us not to do that, you have too be fined for breaking the rules.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``I was testing if remembered what I said.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee humbly said, ``Khalsa jee, whatever fine you give me I will willingly obey.'' The Beloved 5 Punj Pyare instructed Guru jeeto mix one and a quarter weight of flour and ghee to create the sacred pudding Karah Prashad and then distribute it to the holy congreagation. A huge quantity of Karah Prashad was prepared. Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``Today we are not going to distribute Karah Prashad, today I want the Sikhs to come and get it themselves.'' Some people filled both hands up, others got nothing and ended up picking bits from the floor and thanked Guru jee for even that meagre amount. All the way through this unusual spectacle, Guru Gobind Singh jee was laughing.

The Khalsa asked why? He said, ``There are two types of Sikhs - one type steals were as the others are contented. The thieving ones will even steal from the Guru's treasury, or gholak.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee stopped us worshipping humans and statues, and instead joined us with the Shabad Guru - God's Word is our Guru, Guru Granth Sahib jee.

In Guru Hargobind jee's time a huge snake was laying on the roadside.It was being eaten by away by maggots. The Sikhs said, ``O Guru jee, it's in pain shall we put it out of it's misery?'' Guru Hargobind jee said, ``He's reaping the rewards of his last life's actions.'' The snake came and rested it's head at Guru jee's feet. The Sikhs asked Guru jee too explain what was happening. Guru Hargobind jee said, ``In the snakes previous life, the soul was a false Guru, pretending to be Guru Nanak, and people followed him. Guru Nanak jee was the emodiment of God, and this person copied him at his own peril.People worshipped the false Guru and he amassed lots of money and wealth. But, near the end of his life he repented for his actions, and thought `I'm so foolish, I've done such a great sin, I shouldn't have copied Guru Nanak Dev jee.' When he died he was still full of desire for money and was reborn as a snake. The maggots in his head were his followers. He lived off their food and wealth and now they were living off him. When the followers were about to die they

meditated on him and ended up as maggots in his head. The fact that he'd regretted what he'd done meant that he had been blessed with the True Guru's sacred sight. That is why this snake crawled to my feet.'' Guru Hargobind jee sprinkled blessed water onto it and released its tormented spirit.Two years earlier, this Daas (Baba Maan Singh jee is refering to himself as a servant of the Guru), had the privilege to go to the town Ganga Nagarin the Indian state of Rajastan. Guru jee never said Waheguru is a car or a truck or a bus, he said that the Waheguru Name is a ship?.Waheguru Naam Jihaajha. A ship can have defects but this Waheguru Name ship has no defects and never will. O Khalsa jee, we have got defects. Someone asked me, ``Santjee, I've got doubts can you answer them? Do you promise not to get angry?'' I said, ``I'm a fool if I get angry.'' He said, ``Sant jee, you believe Guru Granth Sahib jee is the perfect Guru.'' I nodded. He continued, ``At night you place Guru Granth Sahib jee in the position of peace - Sukh Asan. In the morning you place Guru Granth Sahib jee back on the throne like the sunrise -prakaash. Well why don't you give your Guru a bath like my living Guru has?'' I said, ``We believe Guru Granth Sahib jee is like the sun, our Guru's lightis brighter than countless suns and moons. I said your Guru gets dirt in his eyes, dirt on his skin and dirty inside his stomach. He needs a bath. Who ever heard of the sun having a bath? Our Guru is perfect and has no dirt. He removes our dirt. No matter how great a human Guru is, if a young lady goes to him during the night, he will have lustful thoughts about her. But if she went to Guru Granth Sahib jee, did the ardas prayer and read the Guru's Word in response to her ardas, she'd get overwhelming love from her father just as a daughter deserves.''``In Ganga Nagar town,'' he said, ``we need teachers, doctors and a spouse. They are all human, so we also need a human Guru, right or wrong?'' I said, ``Totally wrong. Firstly do you compare a Guru's value to a teacher,doctor or a spouse? Teachers die, doctors die, spouses die. One teacher dies more teachers come, one doctors dies then more doctors come, if your human Guru dies then what?'' They became quiet. Then they said, ``What about your 10 Gurus, they were human bodies were they not?'' I said, ``I knew you were going to mention that. Guru Nanak Dev jee was in the hot sun sleeping and a snake covered his face from the sun. Now you bring your human Guru and surround him

with snakes, if one of the snakes covers your Guru's face then the whole world will bow to him as Guru. You can't compare your human Guru to the ten Gurus. The 10 Guru's were very, very special.'' The world thought Guru Nanak had drowned in the river. They said,``Bibi Nanaki your brother has drowned.'' She said, ``O fools how can he drown? He came here to save the drowning world!'' She said, ``Wait another 3 hours. If a human Guru can stay underwater for three hours I'd like to see it, forget about three days which is what Guru Nanak dev jee did!''

Now lets go to Panja Sahib, now in Pakistan. Bhai Mardana jee was very

thirsty, Guru Nanak jee told him to ask the Muslim holy man called Valee

Kandaree for water. Bhai Mardana jee went three times and received no water. When he came back he said, ``Baba, O Baba Nanak, I can't walk anymore.'' Baba Nanak jee said, ``Move this rock,'' Bhai Mardana pushed it a side and water began trickling from the ground underneath it.'' When Valee Kandaree looked at his well, he noticed that the water level was dropping rapidly. I say to the human Gurus, ``If you can move a rock and start water flowing let me see!'' Then when Valee Kandaree used his powers to fire the huge rock like a cannon from the top of the hill towards Guru Nanak jee, Guru Nanak jee stopped the falling rock with his five fingers, his Panja?hence the name PanjaSahib. Now let any human Guru imprint his five fingers into a rock, then I'll believe that your Guru is Guru Nanak! When Guru Nanak went to see the cannibal demon Kauda

Rakhash, Guru's glance cooled the boiling water that Bhai Mardana was being boiled in. Now let me see your human Guru cool boiling water with a glance. When Guru Arjan Dev jee was being tortured, Chandu the torturer said,``If you had given me you given me your son for marriage to my daughter, then you wouldn't have to sit on a hot plate nor be burnt under boiling sand.''Guru Arjan Dev jee said, ``Chandu you are only cool like the Chand, or Moon, because you haven't dared to come close to the hot plate.'' If your human Guru can sit on a hot plate, then let me here your Guru say ``Tera Kee-a meeta lagay...Your Will is Sweet Lord.''

I said, ``Ask your Guru to do any of these things, will he accept?''Lets go

to the village of Bakala. Guru Tegh Bahadur sat their in meditation for 26

years 11 months and 14 days. Can anyone equal Guru jee's meditation? Can anyone equal his wife Mata Gujree's devoted patience and seva-service to him for these 26 years? Its not for nothing that Guru Gobind Singh jee was born to them!! Makhan Shah the merchant was looking for true Guru Har Krishanjee, but was told that the new Guru was at the village of Bakala so he went there. He didn't even know what Guru Tegh Bahadur jee looked like, there were no photos, no faxes and no TVs. There were 22 false Gurus to chose from, who was the real one? Makhan Shah did his Ardas-prayer. He didn't know Guru TeghBahadur jee's

face, address nor name. He went to each of the false ones then he found the real one. Guru Tegh Bahadur jee saved his ship and had a cut on his shoulder. I ask, ``Can your human Guru even get a tractor out of a ditch with his bare hands?'' They said, ``Sant jee, today we realised that `Banee Guru,Guru ha banee?The Word is the Guru, the Guru is the Word,' but the Word doesn't speak to us.'' I said, ``When you read a letter from your daughter or son you see them in your mind's eye and hear their voice. When your mind is clean and you read Gurbanee you'll see Guru Gobind Singh ji!'' O Khalsa jee, does a Guru ever bow to a disciple? All his life Bhai Lehna jee bowed to Guru Nanak Dev jee. But, a time came when Guru Nanak Dev jee offered the traditional 5 pence and a coconut and bowed to Bhai Lehna jee. O Khalsa jee, God's light in Guru Nanak Dev jee went into Guru Angad Dev jee and Guru Nanak jee bowed to that light, he bowed to God. Guru Angad Dev jee and Guru Amar Das jee were in laws. Bibi Amro, Guru Angad's daughter, was married to

Guru Amar Das jee's nephew. Whoever heard of the husband's side bow to the wife's side? Guru Amar Das jee bowed to the light of the Formless One when he found Guru Angad Dev jee, he wasn't bowing to human relationships. Then there also came the time when Guru Angad Dev jee bowed to Guru Amar Das jee,not as a Sikh, nor as an in-law but as the light of God. Guru Ram Das jee was Guru Amar Das jee's son in-law and one time Guru Amar Das jee bowed to Guru Ram Das jee too, he was bowing to the light of God.Does a father ever bow to his son? Guru Ram Das jee bowed to Guru Arjan Dev jee not as a son but as the light of Nirankar and passed the Guru-ship on to him. Likewise, Guru Arjan Dev jee bowed to Guru Hargobind as the sixth emodiment of the light of Waheguru and not as his son. Does a man ever bow to his grandson? Guru Hargobind jee bowed to GuruHar Rai jee not as a grandson but as the seventh embodiment of Waheguru jee'slight. Does anyone ever bow to a 5 and a half year old child? Guru Har Rai bowed to Guru Har Krishan as the eigth embodiment of Waheguru jee's light. Guru Har Krishan jee's light went into Guru Tegh Bahadur jee even though he was far away in the village called Baba Bakala. When Guru Gobind Singh jee bowed in with 5 pence and a coconut to Guru Granth Sahib jee then that light that had been coming through 10 bodies passed into Guru Granth Sahib jee.

Agiaa bhaee akaal kee, tabeeo chalaaioo Panth

Sabh Sikhan ko hukam haa, guru manioo granth

Guru Granth jee maanio pargat gura kee dhay

Jo prabh ko mil boch ha kojh shabd mel lay

The Immortal Being issued the command and the Khalsa Path was created

ALL Sikhs are commanded to obey the Granth as their Guru

Obey Guru Granth for it is the now the body of the manifested Gurus

Whoever longs for Waheguru, will unite by searching its Word

(by Guru Gobind Singh jee)

Guru Gobind Singh jee said to Bhai Daya Singh jee, ``After I leave this body, you can be blessed with my sacred sight by seeing 5 Khalsa together -I reside with them. If you can't get 5 Khalsa, then after your morning meditation at amrit-vela, look in a mirror and you'll see my spirit in yourself. If you want to talk to me then read Guru Granth Sahib jee.

Then the man said, ``O Sant jee, today I have learnt what the Guru is. All my life I've been wondering about lost.'' I said, ``Life is not wasted if you learned something.'' A false Guru is no better than Prithi Chand or Dhir Mal or the 22 false Gurus. They all came and went, but their sects never took root. The fire flies light doesn't dispel the dark night, only the Sun can. Respect the Guru of Gurus, Guru Granth Sahib jee as much as possible. Obey Guru Granth Sahib jee as much as possible. Get up early at Amrit Vela and meditate.

The Sikhs asked Guru Nanak jee, ``Who is your Guru? Who is your servant?'' False Guru's have so many tricks. People come to their human Guru and say, ``Bless us with a child.'' He gives them a folded piece of paper not to be opened until after the birth. If they have a son they thank the Guru. He says, ``I already told you it'd be a son - just read the paper.'' The folded piece of paper is opened and says `Munda Na Koree.' Meaning `Boy, not girl'. If they have a girl he says, ``I already told you so. Read the paper.'' They open the folded paper it says the same thing, `Munda na Koree.' But this time it means `Boy not, girl!' And if there's a problem getting pregnant. They ask their Guru what happened and he says, ``I already told you so, read the paper.'' It says the same thing, `Munda na Koree' but this time it means `Boy nor girl!!!'

If you are a Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh jee then your head won't bow to statues or graves or false Gurus. A boy squeals and argues until his mum agrees to get him an ice-cream. Eventually she gives in, she's annoyed for a while. If we believe `Sabh te vada Sat Gur Nanak?Greater than all is True Guru Nanak' then fall at Guru Granth Sahib jee's feet, meaning Lotus Words, and pour your heart out like a child. Don't go to statues, graves, human Guru's and Guru Granth Sahib jee and then wonder why you get nothing. Have full faith in Guru Granth Sahib jee.

Human Guru's are one in number, but we have five beloved ones to give us Amrit and they're all Sikhs, not Guru's. Human Guru's give five words to meditate upon, but the 5 beloved ones give 5 full prayers! Much more power. People say it's OK to wear a little symbolic kirpan-sword as a necklace instead of wearing the real thing, next we'll be saying it's OK to hang the Kachera on the necklace as well!!!

The Khalsa doesn't hate anyone `Bisar gaee sabh taat paraee, jab tesadh sangat mohi paaee??.All my jealousies of others have gone since I came in to the holy congregation.'' Receive amrit, get up early at amrit-vela to meditate and see other women as your daughters, sisters and mothers.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee !

Dhan Sri Gobind Singh Sahib Jee !

Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee !

Thankyou for reading Sangat Jee