15 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 10)

Day 10 : One Light, Eleven Gurus

The Sikhs at Guru Angad Dev jee's time were the first to read all of Guru Nanak Dev jee's words, Sikhs at Guru Amar Das jee had the honour of reading the words of Guru Nanak dev jee, Guru Angad Dev jee and of Guru Amar Das jee. The Sikhs at Guru Angad Dev jee's time were not fortunate enough to be able to read Guru Amar Das jee's words or Guru Ram Das jee's words or any of the coming Guru's words. O Khalsa jee, we're greatly blessed to be able to read all of the Guru's Words!

People ask me can you prove that the Granth is now our Guru? Well according to the historians at Hazoor Sahib, the following verse was written by Guru Gobind Singh jee:

Agiaa bhaee akaal kee, tabeeo chalaaioo Panth

Sabh Sikhan ko hukam haa, guru manioo granth

Guru Granth jee maanio pargat gura kee dhay

Jo prabh ko mil boch ha kojh shabd mel lay

The Immortal Being issued the command and the Khalsa Path was created

ALL Sikhs are commanded to obey the Granth as their Guru

Obey Guru Granth for it is the now the body of the manifested Gurus

Whoever longs for Waheguru, will unite by searching its Word

In addition, on a mother's face does it say this is your mother when you see her? No, you just know and its the same with Guru Granth Sahib jee,you just know this is your Guru. MahaRaja.' In the copy held at DamDameeTaksal, Guru Gobind Singh also wrote on the first ang (meaning limb, each page of Guru Granth Sahib jee is referred to as a limb) `Ad Siri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj'?meaning the Primal Holy Guru Granth Sahib. Inside Guru Granth Sahib jee, Guru Ram Das jee writes `Banee Guru, Guru ha banee?the Word is the Guru, the Guru is the Word.'

This Word is from Sach Khand, God's Realm of Truth?`Dhur kee banee'. Its from Sach Khand, not from India, USA, UK but from Sach Khand, and who-so-ever meditates totally upon it will go to Sach Khand. Just as a person getting on a flight to the USA will get to the USA. Our ship is the Name`Waheguru', meditate upon it and this ship will get you back to Waheguru?'Waheguru Naam Jihaaj ha.' You can take your soul to Sach Khand by meditating on`Waheguru Waheguru'. Guru Nanak jee says that those who meditated on God's Name made efforts in the right direction "Jini naam dhiaia gae maskat ghaal.Nanak te

mukh ujalay, ketee chutee naal" Nanak says that their faces glowed andmany more escaped with them.'

There is a mythical bird that lives in the sky, it never comes down tothe

ground. Its feathers are very special. Even when they are separated from the bird they always find their way back to the sky. A great Saint wanted to be blessed with the sacred sight, or darshan, of Guru Gobind Singh jee. He knew in the tradition of meeting Kings he would have to take an offering to please the Master. In those days people used to give money or gifts. Even if they had nothing they would offer a simple flower or a twig for brushing teeth, they knew every little bit of seva-service to the Guru would be rewarded. The great saint offered 3 feathers from the mythical bird and bowed respectfully to Guru Gobind Singh jee in his True and Royal court. The next day Guru Gobind Singh jee tied the feathers to 3 arrows and fired them into the sky. The Sikhs went searching for the arrows but came back empty handed. They said,`Guru jee we searched all afternoon, but we can find neither the arrows nor the feathers.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said those feathers went back to the sky, they went back to the land of the mythical bird and they took the arrows with

them!

Khalsa jee, the Word of God is like the feathers of the Immortal Being.

Whoever gets attached to it like the arrow, will return home to God'sRealm of Truth, Sach Khand!

Guru Granth Sahib jee contains God's Word exactly as it came through six of the Gurus. Some people criticise and say, ``If Guru Granth Sahib jee only contains 6 Guru's writings, then why do we say in Ardas that Guru Granth Sahib jee is the light of all ten Gurus?'dasaa(n) paatshaahee-a dee jot siri GuruGranth Sahib jee'?''

O Sikhs! All of the Guru's were one light and not separate. GuruGobind Singh jee has ended this criticism by saying if you want to talk to me then read Guru Granth Sahib jee. There is no difference if Guru Nanak Dev jee wrote God's Word or if Guru Arjun Dev jee wrote God's Word - it was the same light of God that was in all the Gurus.

Dhir Mal tried to create his own religious path, his own Panth. But only that Panth succeeds that the Immortal Being blesses. The Immortal Being,Akal Purakh, told Guru Gobind to create a Panth that only repeats God's Name. Guru Gobind Singh jee humbly asked for Akal Purakh's blessing, ``This Panth will not succeed because of me. It will only succeed if you are with me Lord.'' A Panth created by a man can never succeed. But the Panth created by Guru Nanak Dev jee was the pure path created by Akal Purakh himself. Guru Gobind Singh jee told 5 beloved Khalsa to go and get the holy primal scriptures, the Ad Granth, from Dhir Mal. Why did Guru Gobind Singhjee ask for the Ad Granth to be returned? Well, a tree can't exist without a seed, without trees there are no seeds. God's Word was needed by Guru Gobind Singh jee 'Banee guru, guru ha banee.the Word is the Guru, the Guru is the Word.'

The Beloved 5 Khalsa made the request to Dhir Mal, but he was foolish and jealous of Guru Gobind Singh jee. He said, ``He claims to be the Guru, so he should know all of these Words of God. Tell him if he really is the Guru he should be able to make his own copy.''

It is said that an owl doesn't come out in the sunlight, because its eyes start to hurt. Dhir Mal was only a jealous owl calling himself Guru while the Sunlight of Guru Gobind Singh jee was shining. What a fool!

The 5 beloved Khalsa returned and told Guru Gobind Singh jee, ``DhirMal never returned the Ad Granth. He insulted you Guru jee. He said if you really were the tenth form of Guru Nanak Jee, then you should be able to re-write Ad Granth?O Khalsa jee, look at the hardships our Guru-Father had to go through. Once Guru Gobind Singh jee sent some Sikhs to Kanshee City to get the best education, but the holy hindus scholars wouldn't enrol them unless they cut their hair and removed their Khalsa-Bana, or uniform. They returned and told Guru jee. Guru Gobind Singh jee said Kanshee City belongs to the Hindu Priests, but now the town of DamDamee Sahib will be the Kanshee of theSikhs. The pens that were used to write Guru Granth Sahib jee are still there. Guru Gobind Singh jee started dictating God's Word as it was in the Ad Granth, while Bhai Mani Singh jee wrote it down. At another time, when Guru Gobind Singh jee was at Paonta Sahib, he was uttering the praises of the Immortal One?Akal Ustat. Guru jee waspraising and praising the Immortal Being and went into a rapture saying `thoo-hee,thoo-hee..You, You' sixteen times. This is the bliss, the divine intoxication that Guru Granth Sahib jee is written out of.

Some people say the last verse called Raag Mala is not written by the Gurus. I want to ask them who had the right to change Guru Granth Sahib jee? The Sikhs went through so many hard times, Ahmed Shah Abdalee wanted to wipe out the Sikhs but couldn't. So he asked Noor Din where the Sikhs lived. Noor Din told him that the Sikhs can't be finished because a nation can't die aslong as they remember their history. O Khalsa jee, we are forgetting our history. Noor Din told him that Sikhs don't live in towns or villages or in houses,the Sikhs live on the backs of horses! The Sikhs have had such hard times, but they stayed true to Guru Granth Sahib jee, they didn't forget their history.

People like Massr Rangar drunk alcohol and brought dancing prostitutes into the Darbar Sahib, or Golden Temple. Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh came forward to fight him. If people like Ahmed Shah Abdalee came forward, then Sikhs came forward too, as armies on horseback. The Guru's house is not aboutage. The youngest Guru was five and a half years old. The youngest martyr was Baba Fateh Siingh jee aged six and the oldest martyr was Baba Deep Singh jee aged over 70. Say his name and make your tongue pure - Dhan Baba DeepSingh jee. He gathered an army together, the Sikhs jumped forward, racing each other for

the chance of fighting alongside this legendary warrior-saint. BabaDeep

Singh jee said his ardas prayer and vowed that `Deep Singh will fight for the purification of Darbar Sahib even if his head goes.' The Sikhs wondered at the strange vow taken by their General. Nowadays, science can't believe that a man can fight without a head. The army reached Amritsar and fought a great battle, the Sikhs had already recited their final prayer - Kirtan Sohila, and had coloured their clothes like a bride about to marry death. Khalsa jee,when the Khalsa lived according to the code of conduct, they had POWER! BabaDeep Singh jee was fighting the opposing General and both their heads were chopped off at

the same time. Whichever army loses its General also loses controland its

spirit breaks. A Khalsa soldier kneeled beside the body and reminded the

spirit of its vow to keep fighting even after losing his head. BabaDeep Singh jee got up and holding his head in his left hand, he fought the enemies. They ran for their life saying, ``We can fight a living man, but how do we kill a dead man?''

Khalsa jee, we've had hard times but we've always had full faith inGuru Granth Sahib jee. Who had the right to change the last verse of Guru GranthSahib jee? Its not a worldly book, its the Word of God, its our Guru. If someone asks you `Who's your father?' You'll point to him and mean the whole body is your father. If they ask ``Are the eyes your Father? Are the ears your father? Is the nose your father? Is the face your father?'' You'll just say, ``The whole of his body is my father!'' O Khalsa jee, each and every letter of Guru Granth Sahib jee is our Guru-Father including the Raag Mala.

Just as if a house's foundations are weak then the whole house will crumble, so in the same way the Nation that forgets its history will be finished. I request my sisters to receive amrit and to read history, to live the Sikh way of life and to build their character (jeevan). Only the mother with the Sikh character can give birth to the next Bhai Mani Singh jee or the next Bhai Taroo Singh jee.

In Islamic countries anyone that criticises the Koran is chopped into pieces. So why do we criticise Guru Granth Sahib jee and try to change the last verse? We read five daily prayers at the amrit ceremony, so why do people only read 3 of them in everyday life? Nowadays, our worldy wisdom, or man-mat, is increasing, and we are far from having a Sikh character. A few months later, when Guru Gobind Singh jee finished dictating God's Word to Bhai Mani Singh jee, he said lets have a continuous reading, or Akhand Paat. Guru jee said reading God's Word in an Akhand Paat would purify the surroundings and everyone will once more be able to hear God's Word. The Sikhs said they would listen with attention. 5 readers, or Granthis,were required, the ones that were chosen were of the highest spiritualstate, they were knowers-of-God or Brahm-Gianees. Their names were: Bhai ManiSingh jee, Baba Deep Singh jee, Bhai Dharam Singh jee, Bhai Maan Singh jee and Bhai Kaan

Singh jee. In addition to the 5 readers, 5 Khalsa were required to organise themselves so that there would always be someone in the prescence of Guru Granth Sahib jee in case of emergencies, or for security or any other duties. 5 more Khalsa were to ensure that the sacred pudding, or Karah Prashad, would be prepared and availble to the congregation at all times. Finally, 5 more Khalsa were responsible for cleaning the holy congregations's hands and feet before they entered the royal court were the reading was taking place. Nowadays, we don't even have 20 people at the ending ceremony, or the bhog!

Nowadays, people say there is no need to keep a light burning alongside the Akhand paat, people say its against the Guru's wisdom to keep a coconut and water alongside the Akhand Paat. But Khalsa jee, Guru Gobind Singh jee himself bowed to Guru Granth Sahib jee with a coconut and 5 pence! Khalsajee, don't believe what men with worldy wisodm say, only believe what Guru GranthSahib jee says.

Some people say keeping a burning light, or jot, is wrong. I say goto Baba Deep Singh jee Gurdwara in Amritsar, go to Darbar Sahib, go to HazoorSahib and you'll see the burning light is always lit there! Someone said, ``I don't believe in Sants, only in Guru Granth Sahib jee.'' I replied, ``Do Sants believe in thieves? The Sant is a Sant because he believes in GuruGranth Sahib Jee one hundred percent!'' Look at the character of the great Sants. If anyone did Sikh Missionary work when the Khalsa Nation was crumbling then it was the Sants like Baba Nand sinigh jee, Sant Attar Singh jee, Sant Gurbachan Singh jee Bhindrawale and Sant Isher Singh jee RaraWale. When Guru Har Gobind Jee was released from Gwalior prison, then the Sikhs lit his path with burning lights all the way backk to Punjab! Why did they burn the lights, the jot? Because, they were celebrating the return of the World Guru! The jot was a way

of showing respect. So in your house you have the King of Kings Guru Granth Sahib jee residing, is lighting a jot to celebrate going to kill you? The coconut and jot are a way of showing our respect and love for our Guru. Back at the Akhand Paat, Guru Gobind Singh jee sat cross-legged in deep meditation for the whole of the continuous reading. Now you wont believe what happened next because our mentality is to criticise our Guru, but onthe third day when the ending ceremony, or bhog, was about to begin there was an incredible amount of spiritual power in the royal court. The verses called Saloks of The Ninth Guru were being read and Sikhs like Baba Deep Singh jee, Bhai Maan Singh jee and Bhai Kaan Singh jee who were sitting alongside Guru Gobind Singh jee began rising into the air as they meditated. Their spirits were leaving for God's Realm of Truth, or Sach Khand. Why doesn't this ever happen to us? Well compare our character with theirs. When we hear there's a

party on, we go running to see the dancing girls and nearly die of a heart

attack! Sikhs like Baba Deep Singh jee had a lifetime of character. When Baba Deep Singh jee on the left of Guru Gobind Singh jee and Bhai Dharam Singh jee on the left began rising, Bhai Dharam Singh jee said ``I don't know what's happening.'' Baba Deep Singh jee replied, ``God's Word is taking us to God's Realm of Truth, Sach Khand.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee heard their voices and opening his eyes he grabbed their hands and pulled them back down. Guru jee said, ``You are going to Sach Khand already, but you have great things to do in this world before you go.''

Agiaa bhaee akaal kee, tabeeo chalaaioo Panth

Sabh Sikhan ko hukam haa, guru manioo granth

Guru Granth jee maanio pargat gura kee dhay

Jo prabh ko mil boch ha kojh shabd mel lay

The Immortal Being issued the command and the Khalsa Path was created

ALL Sikhs are commanded to obey the Granth as their Guru

Obey Guru Granth for it is the now the body of the manifested Gurus

Whoever longs for Waheguru, will unite by searching its Word.

Its not for nothing that we say `Guru Granth jee maanio pargat gurakee dhay?

Obey Guru Granth for it is the now the body of the manifested Gurus.' Has anyone ever manifested the physical form of Guru Nanak jee out of Guru Granth Sahib jee? Have we ever tried to have this kind of sacred sight from Guru Granth Sahib jee? If we had really believed it could happen then we would have been blessed with the sacred sight of Guru Nanak dev jee's physical form. Khalsa jee, when we start believing that God's Word is really our Guru then we'll be blessed with the sacred sight of our Guru.

One day Baba Nand Singh jee was asked by a Sikh, ``I have heard the story that the Saint called Bhagat Dhanna jee was blessed with the sacred sight,or darshan, of God appearing out of a rock. Is this correct Baba jee?'' Baba Nand Singh jee said, ``What are you really asking?'' The man said,``Baba jee, the saint Bhagat Dhanna jee was blessed with darshan from out of a rock, surely we can be blessed with darshan of Guru Nanak Dev jee from within Guru Granth Sahib jee?'' Baba Nand Singh jee said, ``We can have darshan like the saints did, but only if if we devotion like they had. Did you know that Bhagat Dhanna jee first offered food to God and refused to eat until God appeared and ate? Bhagat Naam Dev jee first offered milk to God and only ate after God appeared

and had drunk the milk. So if you want darshan then first offer your food to Guru Granth Sahib jee, and dont eat until you have seen God.''?

Some people say to me that I use stories about Baba Nand Singh jee of Nanaksar when I should only be telling stories about Sant Isher Singh of Rara Sahib because that's where I belong. I tell them its not a quesion of belonging to this group or that, its a question of believing in Guru Granth Sahib jee. You too can offer your food to Guru Granth Sahib jee before eating - come on try, but you wont because who's going to watch TV, or go to the cinema in your place if you dedicate yourself to Guru Granth Sahib jee? I pray that God keeps me away from the ones who doubt Guru Granth Sahib jee, and instead gives me the company of the ones who follow the path.

?Baba Nand Singh jee said to the Sikh man, ``Are you prepared to first offer your food to Guru Granth Sahib jee, and not to eat until you have seen God?'' The Sikh agreed and they walked into the Jungle to meditate?

A man met me in India and said, ``No matter how hard I try, I jutcan't

concentrate on God's Word.'' I asked him what he did for a living, he said

that he was a food inspector. I asked him, ``Have you ever taken food for free from the places you inspect?'' He said, ``Yes, plenty!'' Itold him,

``In that case you'll never be able to concentrate. Its not your right to take other people's food for free.''

Baba Nand Singh jee and the Sikh man walked into the Jungle, hey prepared food while meditating on `Waheguru Waheguru' and then offered it to Guru Granth Sahib jee. They performed the ardas prayer and with palms pressed together they asked Guru Nanak Dev jee to accept it, they said ``O True King,firstly you eat it, then we will eat it.'' ?

Once, Master Tara Singh the politician, criticised Baba Nand Singh jee for

making the offereing of food part of the code of conduct. He asked,``How can Guru Granth Sahib jee eat the food that you offer?'' Baba Nand Singh jee said that it depends on each person's devotion. Baba Nand Singh jee's devotion was so strong that he told Master Tara Singh to try it for himself by preparing the sacred pudding - Karah Prashad and then to perform ardas for Guru jee to accept it. Baba Nand Singh jee said ``If the amount of Karah Prashad hasn't decreased after your ardas then take my head. If it does decrease then take it to mean that Guru Nanak Dev jee has taken some and will you then give me your head?''

Master Tara Singh never tried it.

In the jungle Baba Nand Singh jee and the Sikh man would perform the same ardas day after day, but there was still no sight of Guru Nanak Dev jee. Baba Nand Singh jee's body became tired and weak from not eating. A month passed like this, finally an exhausted Baba Nand Singh jee fell at the feet of Guru Granth Sahib jee. He performed his heart felt ardas and said, ``O GuruNanak Dev jee, we are going to die one day, but before we die give us your sacred sight, give us your divine darshan.'' The Sikh man also performed the same heartfelt ardas. Then suddenly they saw Guru Granth Sahib jee turning into the physical form of Guru Nanak Dev jee. Guru Nanak Dev jee asked theSikh man to

request anything he desired, the man humbly answered, ``O Guru Nanakjee, whenever I sing kirtan-praises give me you sacred darshan as you have now.'' Guru Nanak Dev jee then asked Baba Nand Singh jee to ask for something, Baba Nand Singh jee fell at Guru jee's feet and in sweet humble tones said,``O True King, I don't know how to ask.'' Guru jee said, ``O beloved one ask for something.'' Baba Nand Singh jee said, ``What can I ask for, I don't know how to ask.'' Guru jee requested him once again to ask for something,Baba Nand Singh jee humbly said, ``O True King, Patshah, I don't know how to ask, all I know is that I'm separated from you, make me yours, make me yours Gurujee.''

Guru Nanak jee picked him up and hugged him to his chest like father and child,

``Nand Singh, if you become mine then remember never to put your hand out to beg from others. Nand Singh ask for something else as well.'' Baba Nand Singh jee humbly said, ``O Guru jee, may my name not even occupy a sesame seed amount of place in this world.'' Khalsa jee that is why the place Nanaksaris called Nanaksar and not Baba Nand Singh sar!

Khalsa jee, we have only been given a short time to spend in thisworld, don't waste it. Khalsa jee, the world is about to see such a hard time that we will want to receive amrit but will be unable to find 5 Beloved Punj Pyareto administer it.

Now we will take about three words : Sharam, Dharam and Karam. Sharam is shame, shame is when a nude scene comes on TV and the parents and children watch it together. Why doesn't anyone say anything against it nowadays? Because, there is no sense of shame. Without a sense of what is right and what is wrong and shameful, or Sharam, there can be no Dharam. Dharam is religion, without following religion one cannot generate Karam, or good divineactions. Without Karam we can never unite with Waheguru. Our Guru's criticised the Hindu and Islamic religions because they had lost their sense of right and wrong. That is why Sikhism was created. In Hindu history is the story of Dropatee being undressed by her captors, they had no sense of shame, that signified the end of Hinduism. Khalsa jee, weare facing the same situation now. We have no sense of shame. The world would be a better place if all the shameful people were just wiped away. Khalsa jee, just look at our youngsters, they have no sense of shame. No one else is going to

tell you this about your children from the Gurdwara stage because you will stop giving them your pounds!

If you want to be Khalsa then you have to be Khaas meaning you have tobe special! My sisters, O my dear sisters, become the daughters of GuruGobind Singh jee, the Guru adorned with the Royal Kalgee-plume on his turban. Make a life for yourself full of character like Mai Bhago jee. At the end we will all have to answer for our life's actions. No married man should chase other women. Chand Bibi was so beautiful that Akbar grabbed her hand as herode past, he tried to pull her on to the horse but she pulled her swordout and chopped off her own hand in order to protect her honour! She told her husband, ``I am married to you, not Akbar!'' If a woman is married and goes with another man, can she called honourable or is she a prostitute? Look at these actresses, are they honourable or prostitutes? A man said to me, ``Sant jee you always criticise drinking alcohol. Let me ask you if you drink water?'' I replied that I did. He continued, ``Do you eat sugar as well?'' Again I replied that I did. Then he asked me, ``Do you brush your teeth with the eucalyptus twig (dattan)?'' I told him I did. Finally he said, ``Well if you mix water, sugar and twigs together you get alcohol, so what's the big deal?'' I asked him, ``why do you want to turn them into poison?'' Then I asked him, ``Do you eat chipattees?'' He said that he did. So I asked him, ``Do you eat curry?'' he said that he did. Finally I asked him, ``What does your body produce after mixing them together in your stomach?'' He said, ``Well, to put it politely I have to go to the toilet.''

So I told him, ``You don't eat that posion, do you!''

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

Thanks for reading, look out for Day 11...................

WAHEGURUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D