Spiritual Dreams?

The whole world does not exist. Neither do you nor I. It's all just a state of mind.

If you go to a Zan Buddhist temple they will not tell you anything. They will hit you with a stick, and if you're lucky enough to wake up you will realise that the physical world is just a figment of imagination.

lol a single stick hit wont wake me up, he would surely have to try a lot more times :D

khalsa, thats just mean, not letting another singh carry out some seva. :) :)

at least let us get 2 hits each. :D:D

Could it be possible to dream of the futura, dreams of the past are usually common, how about the future. I mean could we dream of what we are going to be in our next life? or what we have been in our previous lives.

If so, can this be considered to be time travelling as we are traveling to another time/date/occasion..

Could it be possible to dream of the futura, dreams of the past are usually common, how about the future. I mean could we dream of what we are going to be in our next life? or what we have been in our previous lives.

If so, can this be considered to be time travelling as we are traveling to another time/date/occasion..

I m not sure of future dreams... but sometimes there is this feeling, like you already experienced a situation before..

Today I was writing this exam, and just happened that the prof was sayin somethin about a question... and I felt that I already experienced that before( it was a brief moment)...hard to explain

In other words, I think you get dreams of the future, but usually you dont remember any of it... sometimes you just get lucky to remember few glimpses like I had today..

I m not sure of future dreams... but sometimes there is this feeling, like you already experienced a situation before..

Today I was writing this exam, and just happened that the prof was sayin somethin about a question... and I felt that I already experienced that before( it was a brief moment)...hard to explain

In other words, I think you get dreams of the future, but usually you dont remember any of it... sometimes you just get lucky to remember few glimpses like I had today..

yeh dats happend wid me, but i didnt think i dreamt of wat was happenin b4, it felt like ive lived it b4, da very moment, situation. it jst clicks, its jst a feelin. quite weird.

• 4 years later...

Mugermach,

Yes it's possible and I've had that, many years ago. I was dreaming, and then I woke up, went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. While at the sink, toothbrush in mouth, I woke up from this, which I realised was a dream. I then went to the bathroom exactly as before and went to brush my teeth, and then woke up yet again, in bed, in the dark. The final time I re-awoke, I had completely my morning preparations and was at the table downstairs eating breakfast. Weird.

This followed a night smoking skunk outside the bedroom window, which had seeds mixed in it (leave those seeds out, is my advice).

probably one of the funniest posts on sikhawareness ever. i shed many a tears laughing about this lol.

• 2 years later...

Mugermach,

Yes it's possible and I've had that, many years ago. I was dreaming, and then I woke up, went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. While at the sink, toothbrush in mouth, I woke up from this, which I realised was a dream. I then went to the bathroom exactly as before and went to brush my teeth, and then woke up yet again, in bed, in the dark. The final time I re-awoke, I had completely my morning preparations and was at the table downstairs eating breakfast. Weird.

This followed a night smoking skunk outside the bedroom window, which had seeds mixed in it (leave those seeds out, is my advice).

had the same dream

Mugermach,

Maybe it is still a dream. How do you differentiate?

Dreams are normally the overactive mind spilling over and creating images in our concious during sleep. A person who hits the bed and falls asleep straight away is blessed as his mind is clear and he has no worries. A person who dreams has too many things on his mind and this results in images or thoughts spilling into our dream state. The best sleep is where there is nothingness, a deep sleep without thought or dreaming.

That being said, it is possible to manipulate the concious and venture into the things mentioned by Hari, such as lucid dreaming where you know you are dreaming and you can begin to alter and change the dream just by thinking "do this", rather then being a silent observer. The key to being able to manipulate this concious is by letting the body fall asleep but the mind is still awake. Rather then watching the dream, you are directing it. I believe this shows more control over your concious mind however there are stages beyond this which we must go to rather then remain at mundane dreams.

I believe that understanding that we can change our dreams or be part of them, just shows how in this "physical" plane which we believe to be real is just the same as a lucid dream, we can change and interact however we wish, but ultimately the world as we see it is merely a dream and one day we will awake to the true reality.

Edited by Maha Singh

• 3 years later...

I had a dream about a week ago which was a weird dream. What happened in the dream was I was trying to escape some country and somehow ended up in India like near uttar pardesh. I went to get a bus ticket from a bus tickets salesman to go to punjab and then hazur sahib or something like that for some reason. When I left the ticket place I met baba nand Singh and he hugged me. He told me that he was going to hazur sahib and told me to come. I said sure and I we took off to go to hazur sahib. In my dream I was telling baba ji that I'm only gonna stay at hazur sahib for a month or so cause then my family in Punjab would worry about me. Baba ji then told me that he was gonna stay six years and do bhagti and told me to stay with him and do bhagti with him. I said okay did some bhagti and then I woke up.

What does it mean?

In my younger years I had a dream where Sant Baba Nahar Singh ji came in my dream and said I want to give you this amrit to drink. Was very strange because I had never met him before or ever listened to his katha.

When my wife and I met he was the first person who came on my wife's families behalf to meet us.

I occasionally have spiritual or foresight dreams and then when the event occurs a sense of déjà vu.

It is said, that when one´s mind is relaxed during sleep, it can fly somewhere into the higher planes and forsee, it depends on one´s purity.

As Veer Ragmala rightly says: ususally dreams are just desires good or bad processed, but I would add, not only desires, but somewhat pictures clicked by the mind through the sense organs, which go and get gathered in the subconsciouss mind, then they get mixed up with other pictures....and that is why we see unlogic dreams, without any sense into them, but it is like they get mixed up deep there and then form a particular size as film a and get projected during the dreams, sometimes we pay off our karmas through the dreams also.

But to get direct perception of that Highest Spiritual Reality, it is better to not depend on dreams, but to do such a kamaee of bhakti, that even during sleep, one´s soul goes where one wants, which is His Lotus feet, and not where the mind takes you( in the realms of maya) without our willingness ....

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000