Spiritual Dreams?

I have experienced many dreams.it's weird.l am sharing one as it's a very interesting topic ..last 2 years back i saw a very strange dream..i thought it was happening in reality.but when i woke up i realised it was only a dream.

I experienced:

There was someone standing there.i couldnt see his face.a sound was coming like he is lord krishna. I usually feel that i am a very bad person and god takes me as nothing.he does not love me or consider me special.the dream was about this..my classmate was standing near that person..my classmate does a lot of meditation or naam jaap..the person standing there was praising her a lot like whatever u want,tell me..you will definitely get what u want..you r a true person and a lot.your life will succeed.i was standing beside her with an angry face as he didnt even look towards me..then i moved on from there.as i was moving through a very strange place.suddenly a huge bright light came ,very bright hugged me so tight.i felt like really someone hold me.i was shedding tears of happiness and i was saying in mind why dont u accept me as your child.suddenly,i scared and tried to let myself free..as i tried to let the light go away, it moved away very rapidly..i saw the light moving away.i could see no one in light..then immediately i woke up..i could not differentiate whether it was a dream or reality.it seems like it really happened to me.my body was shivering ..tell me what was this.what does it mean?

Edited by sukrit kaur

..tell me what was this.what does it mean?

If Lord Krishna comes to meet you in a dream and hugs you very tightly, it means your are very special and your spiritual journey ahead will be very interesting. :)

I had a similar experience of getting scared and resisting His hug.

I was kayaking with my friends, down this really dangerous river, with rapid, chaotic waters. It was surrounded by beautiful brown cliffs, where the sunlight hit the tops of the cliffs and lit them up with beautiful warm colours. Below that was this dark, cold, blue river, in the shade, with greenery around it and rocks everywhere.

I am not sure why we went on this river but that's all I remember.

So while kayaking down I saw an opening in part of the cliff to my left that we wanted to check out, and there was a flat rock in front of it to the side. We used the rock to stop ourselves and entered the opening.

Now it was just me by myself.

The water was rushing into the opening very hard, but I wanted to explore anyway. The water spiraled around deeper into the cave, and as I went in deeper I noticed that it formed a whirlpool.

I was looking down at the water so far, when I looked up, at the center of that whirlpool there was a figure seated atop Sheshnaag, His form was dark, beautiful and awe-inspiring! And the five-headed Sheshnaag was terrifying! At this point I realized this was no longer a dream. My mind was beginning to wake up as I began to get sucked into the dark form, the deep void.

The pull into the darkness was so strong that I got frightened that I might die, that I might disappear. I was scared and tried to free myself and woke up fully.

I later fell asleep thinking that was not physical death but death of the ego, which the ego was resisting. During that pull into the darkness the sense of I, haumai, was threatened and it resisted.

Let's see what He does next. He keeps chipping away at my haumai, little by little. Even though I haven't meditated in formal sittings in a while, He still comes to meet me in my dreams.

If Lord Krishna comes to meet you in a dream and hugs you very tightly, it means your are very special and your spiritual journey ahead will be very interesting. :)

I had a similar experience of getting scared and resisting His hug.

I was kayaking with my friends, down this really dangerous river, with rapid, chaotic waters. It was surrounded by beautiful brown cliffs, where the sunlight hit the tops of the cliffs and lit them up with beautiful warm colours. Below that was this dark, cold, blue river, in the shade, with greenery around it and rocks everywhere.

I am not sure why we went on this river but that's all I remember.

So while kayaking down I saw an opening in part of the cliff to my left that we wanted to check out, and there was a flat rock in front of it to the side. We used the rock to stop ourselves and entered the opening.

Now it was just me by myself.

The water was rushing into the opening very hard, but I wanted to explore anyway. The water spiraled around deeper into the cave, and as I went in deeper I noticed that it formed a whirlpool.

I was looking down at the water so far, when I looked up, at the center of that whirlpool there was a figure seated atop Sheshnaag, His form was dark, beautiful and awe-inspiring! And the five-headed Sheshnaag was terrifying! At this point I realized this was no longer a dream. My mind was beginning to wake up as I began to get sucked into the dark form, the deep void.

The pull into the darkness was so strong that I got frightened that I might die, that I might disappear. I was scared and tried to free myself and woke up fully.

I later fell asleep thinking that was not physical death but death of the ego, which the ego was resisting. During that pull into the darkness the sense of I, haumai, was threatened and it resisted.

Let's see what He does next. He keeps chipping away at my haumai, little by little. Even though I haven't meditated in formal sittings in a while, He still comes to meet me in my dreams.

I hope waheguru ji accept me as his child and show his kirpa.Now a days, I usually see very strange dreams amd while dreaming, I remember I am sleeping. After a while, I forget everything.I know it's my ego which is restricing me.I hope it'll be allright.

I hope waheguru ji accept me as his child and show his kirpa.Now a days, I usually see very strange dreams amd while dreaming, I remember I am sleeping. After a while, I forget everything.I know it's my ego which is restricing me.I hope it'll be allright.

Nice, being awake in dreams, ie remembering that you are sleeping during the dream is a great sign.

Nice, being awake in dreams, ie remembering that you are sleeping during the dream is a great sign.

Really?It is a good sign??

I thought it's a kind of insomnia.This is the problem that I cant understand whether i am on right track or not.

Really?It is a good sign??

I thought it's a kind of insomnia.This is the problem that I cant understand whether i am on right track or not.

Lol this is why a person-Guru helps.

When there is awareness present in dreams, when you know that you are dreaming, then that's a good sign. It shows that your awareness has risen to a point where you are becoming aware even in places where normally one wouldn't be aware, such as dreams. This is a good time to meditate!

Lol this is why a person-Guru helps.

When there is awareness present in dreams, when you know that you are dreaming, then that's a good sign. It shows that your awareness has risen to a point where you are becoming aware even in places where normally one wouldn't be aware, such as dreams. This is a good time to meditate!

"Person-guru" ,here i am confused.Well,I hope I will understand everything with his bliss.

A guru who is a person, a human being.

Ok,I get it.But,I haven't found someone yet.I mean I have'nt shared such things with anyone.I hope waheguru ji will do his kirpa and if needed,provides me the company of a great one.By his grace,we can explore anything.

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing very weird kinda scary dreams from last few days.These are really very weird ones.It was like I lost in a place,and was wondering here and there and It was all very very scary,feeling kinda hell.please someone do suggest me about it..

• 4 months later...

In the beginning of my serious vairaag(from past 3 -4 years),I used to have a lot of dreams of Darbar sahib.This continued for a long time.Then,dreams stopped coming.By Grace of Guru Ramdass Patsah,I got a chance to visit Darbar sahib for 2-3 months on weekends.It's been almost 6 months now for my final visit.Again,from last 2-3 days,I'm having darshan of Darbar sahib in dreams.You know this time I had a very divine dream.Totally divine.I got such darshan of Darbar sahib,that I can't explain in words.Actually ,I had forgotten the dream.Next day,when I was having my lunch ,I got the glimpse in front of my eyes.I thought for a while ,Really that was a dream.last night ,I had the darshan again.The white marble with black spots is coming again again in front of my eyes.But in first dream,the glimpse was extremely beautiful.Only that vision is in my mind.It was like a veryyyy shining golden place,And I saw myself standing there.The air was visible.I know it doesnt make sense.But there was air kinda transparent smoke all around the place.I was standing in front of someone.But dont remember about that.It's probably my first dream,where I saw myself standing there.I just watched myself standing and enjoying the scenario.But It was something very much beautiful.So ,Does it mean that I should visit Darbar sahib again? Or is it just a doubt of mind? Or something else!

I would love to read the shabad..

& yes you are right that we should not share our dreams with anyone else. I 've never shared such things with anyone .But ,here No one knows me personally,so I just shared to have views of gurmukhs.But ,if it's not right,then I 'll hesitate to talk about it.

Thank you for your views.

Gur fateh!!

Edited by sukrit kaur

• 2 months later...

I had a dream about a week ago which was a weird dream. What happened in the dream was I was trying to escape some country and somehow ended up in India like near uttar pardesh. I went to get a bus ticket from a bus tickets salesman to go to punjab and then hazur sahib or something like that for some reason. When I left the ticket place I met baba nand Singh and he hugged me. He told me that he was going to hazur sahib and told me to come. I said sure and I we took off to go to hazur sahib. In my dream I was telling baba ji that I'm only gonna stay at hazur sahib for a month or so cause then my family in Punjab would worry about me. Baba ji then told me that he was gonna stay six years and do bhagti and told me to stay with him and do bhagti with him. I said okay did some bhagti and then I woke up.

What does it mean?

^ it only means to take your nitnem/bhagti/further. Dreams mean nothing really. They are just desires bad or good being processed.

I had a dream years ago where I bumped into Baba Nand Singh Ji and he said say waheguru waheguru.

Both of you, Singhs are very lucky.

If one sees oneself receiving blessing from the gods, gurus, brahmanas or elders or of being by them with water, deem it as heralding your fortunate period in real life.

Unquote[1]

[1] - Agni Purana

Dhan Dhan Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj Kaleranwale

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj

Once a premi asked Baba Nand Singh Ji , why do you still do so much simran ? You have already achieved whatever there is to achieve.

Baba Ji humbly replied, I am a sevadar of Guru Nanak, because of His simran I got what I have, how can I leave Simran now after having everything?

So yes Bhagat :.."If you meet God - do more bhagti"

Once a premi asked Baba Nand Singh Ji , why do you still do so much simran ? You have already achieved whatever there is to achieve.

Baba Ji humbly replied, I am a sevadar of Guru Nanak, because of His simran I got what I have, how can I leave Simran now after having everything?

So yes Bhagat :.."If you meet God - do more bhagti"

Yea I was talking about dreams, meeting God in a dream. But even if you meet God in waking state - do more bhagti. Exactly. Just as baba ji said, if God gives you everything then it is even more crucial to do bhagti in order to thank Him and be grateful for what you have received.

Find out real question- who is the dreamer? 

Haha, yes I used to meditate on such questions a lot. Here are some of the phrases and questions I meditated on.

" I am always dreaming"

"There is no dream, there is no dreamer."

"The dreamer and dream are but one process unfolding"

A while back, I used to listen to advait-vedantist teachings and folks like Shin Zen Young, Eckharte Tolle, Krishnamurti and so when I started out, my meditations used to be more "critical inquiry" type of meditations.
During breath meditations I would ask - "Who is breathing? Who notices the rise and fall of the chest?"
During naam simran - "Who is reciting naam? Who is listening?"

During formal sittings, I would get tired and my back would hurt, so I would ask - "What is the nature of back-pain?" lol
"Why does my body feel alive in the way that it does?"
"Why do I feel as if this body belongs to me?"
"Why do I think I own it and take it for granted?"

Regarding pain -
Shin Zen Young had this technique for observing stimulus and breaking it down in to its fundamental components.
So when I had back-pain, I would observe the pain and find out where the source is, how far does it spread, and the discomfort arising in other areas of the body from the pain.
Shin Zen had a lot of helpful insights to share regarding the meditation process. I still sometimes go back and listen to his basic teachings.

Edited by BhagatSingh

I tend to have a lot of dreams with mahapurakhs

It usually tends to be Bhagat Ji (Bhagat Jaswant Singh) - they'll usually talk to me and act really laid back and fun. The one I had last night was them just spending a day with me.

A really long time ago I had one with Baba Nihaal Singh - I dreamt it was a really cold day and they kept giving me layers of clothes because they knew I was cold. (I've never met Baba Nihaal Singh in my life). They didn't speak at all during the dream.

The other mahapurakh that's been in one was Baba Isher Singh. I've obviously never met them (I'm 17), I've never really watched/listened to any of their recordings nor did I know much about them. They came to the dream and just showed me love. They didn't speak a single word but the emotion was the communication, the most powerful part of the dream was when they hugged me. It almost seemed like I was feeling physical pleasure during that moment even though I was in a dream.

What I've noticed is that these dreams are more frequent when my Simran is going well - maybe there's a connection?

This is lucid dreaming, there are techniques you can use to actually cause you to awaken during your dreams and then control them.  One might say that this is fruitless endeavour as what will you gain from this... but dreams are just one stage of consciousness and there are many many many stages of consciousness and medical science doesn't even know how deep they go. There are those who have used dreams to explore further.... so we might use a dream as a starting point, leave the dream and go deeper into ourselves, while remaining fully conscious of it.  OBEs are one possible outcome... there are others too.