Daily Hukamnam.....

Just thought it would be good to have the hukamnama on the site and updated everyday.. what do you think?

Here's Todays Hukamnama

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Service to the True Guru is fruitful and rewarding, if one performs it with his mind focused on it. The fruits of the mind?s desires are obtained, and egotism departs from within. His bonds are broken, and he is liberated; he remains absorbed in the True Lord. It is so difficult to obtain the Naam in this world; it comes to dwell in the mind of the Gurmukh. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to one who serves his True Guru. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The mind of the self-willed manmukh is so very stubborn; it is stuck in the love of duality. He does not find peace, even in dreams; he passes his life in misery and suffering. The Pandits have grown weary of going door to door, reading and reciting their scriptures; the Siddhas have gone into their trances of Samaadhi. This mind cannot be controlled; they are tired of performing religious rituals. The impersonators have grown weary of wearing false costumes, and bathing at the sixty-eight sacred shrines. They do not know the state of their own minds; they are deluded by doubt and egotism. By Guru?s Grace, the Fear of God is obtained; by great good fortune, the Lord comes to abide in the mind. When the Fear of God comes, the mind is restrained, and through the Word of the Shabad, the ego is burnt away. Those who are imbued with Truth are immaculate; their light merges in the Light. Meeting the True Guru, one obtains the Name; O Nanak, he is absorbed in peace. || 2 || PAUREE: The pleasures of kings and emperors are pleasing, but they last for only a few days. These pleasures of Maya are like the color of the safflower, which wears off in a moment. They do not go with him when he departs; instead, he carries the load of sins upon his head. When death seizes him, and marches him away, then he looks absolutely hideous. That lost opportunity will not come into his hands again, and in the end, he regrets and repents. || 6 ||

Tuesday 26th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 644)

:D

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL:

Your Husband Lord is with you, O deluded soul-bride, but you do are not aware of Him. Your destiny is written on your forehead, according to your past actions. This inscription of past deeds cannot be erased; what do I know about what will happen? You have not adopted a virtuous lifestyle, and you are not attuned to the Lord's Love; you sit there, crying over your past misdeeds.Wealth and youth are like the shade of the bitter swallow-wort plant; you are growing old, and your days are coming to their end. O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you shall end up as a discarded, divorced bride; your own falsehood shall separate you from the Lord. || 1 || You have drowned, and your house is ruined; walk in the Way of the Guru's Will. Meditate on the True Name, and you shall find peace in the Mansion of the Lord's Presence. Meditate on the Lord's Name, and you shall find peace; your stay in this world shall last only four days. Sit in the home of your own being, and you shall find Truth; night and day, be with your Beloved. Without loving devotion, you cannot dwell in your own home ? listen, everyone! O Nanak, she is happy, and she obtains her Husband Lord, if she is attuned to the True Name. || 2 || If the soul-bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, then the Husband Lord will love His bride. Imbued with the love of her Beloved, she contemplates the Word of the Guru's Shabad. She contemplates the Guru's Shabads, and her Husband Lord loves her; in deep humility, she worships Him in loving devotion. She burns away her emotional attachment to Maya, and in love, she loves her Beloved. She is imbued and drenched with the Love of the True Lord; she has become beautiful, by conquering her mind. O Nanak, the happy soul-bride abides in Truth; she loves to love her Husband Lord. || 3 || The soul-bride looks so beautiful in the home of her Husband Lord, if she is pleasing to Him. It is of no use at all to speak false words. If she speaks false, it is of no use to her, and she does not see her Husband Lord with her eyes. Worthless, forgotten and abandoned by her Husband Lord, she passes her life-night without her Lord and Master. Such a wife does not believe in the Word of the Guru's Shabad; she is caught in the net of the world, and does not obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence. O Nanak, if she understands her own self, then, as Gurmukh, she merges in celestial peace. || 4 || Blessed is that soul-bride, who knows her Husband Lord. Without the Naam, she is false, and her actions are false as well. Devotional worship of the Lord is beautiful; the True Lord loves it. So immerse yourself in loving devotional worship of God. My Husband Lord is playful and innocent; imbued with His Love, I enjoy Him. She blossoms forth through the Word of the Guru's Shabad; she ravishes her Husband Lord, and obtains the most noble reward. O Nanak, in Truth, she obtains glory; in her Husband's home, the soul-bride looks beautiful. || 5 || 3 ||

Wednesday 27th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 689)

SOOHEE, 4th GURU :

Showering His Mercy, the Lord imbues the mind with His Love. The Gurmukh merges in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Imbued with the Lord's Love, the mortal enjoys the pleasure of His Love. He remains always blissful, day and night, and he merges into the Shabad, the Word of the Perfect Guru. || 1 || Pause || Everyone longs for the Lord's Love; the Gurmukh is imbued with the deep red color of His Love. || 2 || The foolish, self-willed manmukh is left pale and uncolored. Even if he wishes it a hundred times, he does not obtain the Lord's Love. || 3 || But if the Lord blesses him with His Glance of Grace, then he meets the True Guru. Nanak is absorbed into the subtle essence of the Lord's Love. || 4 || 2 || 6 ||

Thursday 28th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page : 732)

SORAT'H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Friday 29th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 626)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I contemplate the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. I am in peaceful poise and bliss, day and night; the seed of my destiny has sprouted. || Pause || I have met the True Guru, by great good fortune; He has no end or limitation. Taking His humble servant by the hand, He pulls him out of the poisonous world-ocean. || 1 || Birth and death are ended for me, by the Word of the Guru's Teachings; I shall no longer pass through the door of pain and suffering. Nanak holds tight to the Sanctuary of his Lord and Master; again and again, he bows in humility and reverence to Him. || 2 || 9 || 28 ||

Saturday 30th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 717)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I contemplate the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. I am in peaceful poise and bliss, day and night; the seed of my destiny has sprouted. || Pause || I have met the True Guru, by great good fortune; He has no end or limitation. Taking His humble servant by the hand, He pulls him out of the poisonous world-ocean. || 1 || Birth and death are ended for me, by the Word of the Guru?s Teachings; I shall no longer pass through the door of pain and suffering. Nanak holds tight to the Sanctuary of his Lord and Master; again and again, he bows in humility and reverence to Him. || 2 || 9 || 28 ||

Saturday 30th Maghar (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 717)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, FOURTH HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Now, I have found peace, bowing before the Guru. I have abandoned cleverness, quieted my anxiety, and renounced my egotism. || 1 || Pause || When I looked, I saw that everyone was enticed by emotional attachment; then, I hurried to the Guru's Sanctuary. In His Grace, the Guru engaged me in the Lord's service, and then, the Messenger of Death gave up pursuing me. || 1 || I swam across the ocean of fire, when I met the Saints, through great good fortune. O servant Nanak, I have found total peace; my consciousness is attached to the Lord's feet. || 2 || 1 || 5 ||

Monday 2nd Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 701)

English Translation :

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend - I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved - I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment's peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is mo! re beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love - everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that hap! py soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 3rd Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 703)

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend - I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved - I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment's peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is mo! re beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love - everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that hap! py soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 3rd Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 703)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

The Jewel of the Lord's Name abides within my heart; the Guru has placed His hand on my forehead. The sins and pains of countless incarnations have been cast out. The Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and my debt has been paid off. || 1 || O my mind, vibrate the Lord's Name, and all your affairs shall be resolved. The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lord's Name within me; without the Name, life is useless. || Pause || Without the Guru, the self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant; they are forever entangled in emotional attachment to Maya. They never serve the feet of the Holy; their lives are totally useless. || 2 || Those who serve at the feet of the Holy, the feet of the Holy, their lives are made fruitful, and they belong to the Lord. Make me the slave of the slave of the slaves of the Lord; bless me with Your Mercy, O Lord of the Universe. || 3 || I am blind, ignorant and totally without! wisdom; how can I walk on the Path? I am blind - O Guru, please let me grasp the hem of Your robe, so that servant Nanak may walk in harmony with You. || 4 || 1 ||

Saturday 7th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi)

RAAG SOOHEE, CHHANT, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

O my Lord and Master, You are unattached; You have so many hand-maidens like me, Lord. You are the ocean, the source of jewels; I do not know Your value, Lord. I do not know Your value; You are the wisest of all; please show Mercy unto me, O Lord. Show Your Mercy, and bless me with such understanding, that I may meditate on You, twenty-four hours a day. O soul, don't be so arrogant - become the dust of all, and you shall be saved. Nanak's Lord is the Master of all; He has so many hand-maidens like me. || 1 || Your depth is profound and utterly unfathomable; You are my Husband Lord, and I am Your bride. You are the greatest of the great, exalted and lofty on high; I am infinitesimally small. I am nothing; You are the One and only. You Yourself are All-knowing. With just a momentary Glance of Your Grace, God, I live; I enjoy all pleasures and delights. I seek the Sanctuary of Your Feet; I am the slave of Your slaves. My ! mind has blossomed forth, and my body is rejuvenated. O Nanak, the Lord and Master is contained amongst all; He does just as He pleases. || 2 || I take pride in You; You are my only Strength, Lord. You are my understanding, intellect and knowledge. I know only what You cause me to know, Lord. He alone knows, and he alone understands, upon whom the Creator Lord bestows His Grace. The self-willed manmukh wanders along many paths, and is trapped in the net of Maya. She alone is virtuous, who is pleasing to her Lord and Master. You are Nanak's only pride, Lord. || 3 || I am a sacrifice, devoted and dedicated to You; You are my sheltering mountain, Lord. I am a sacrifice, thousands, hundreds of thousands of times, to the Lord. He has torn away the veil of doubt; darkness has been eliminated, and I have renounced corruption and sin. My mind is reconciled with my Lord and Master. I have become pleasing to my Dear God, and I have become carefree. My life is fulfilled and approved. I h! ave become invaluable, of tremendous weight and value. The Door, and the Path of liberation are open to me now. Says Nanak, I am fearless; God has become my Shelter and Shield. || 4 || 1 || 4 ||

Sunday 8th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, SECOND HOUSE,ASHTAPADEES:

The Guru is the ocean, filled with pearls. The Saints gather in the Ambrosial Nectar; they do not go far away from there. They taste the subtle essence of the Lord; they are loved by God. Within this pool, the swans find their Lord, the Lord of their souls. || 1 || What can the poor crane accomplish by bathing in the mud puddle? It sinks into the mire, and its filth is not washed away. || 1 || Pause || After careful deliberation, the thoughtful person takes a step. Forsaking duality, he becomes a devotee of the Formless Lord. He obtains the treasure of liberation, and enjoys the sublime essence of the Lord. His comings and goings end, and the Guru protects him. || 2 || The swan do not leave this pool. In loving devotional worship, they merge in the Celestial Lord. The swans are in the pool, and the pool is in the swans. They speak the Unspoken Speech, and they honor and revere the Guru's Word. || 3 || The Yogi, the Pri! mal Lord, sits within the celestial sphere of deepest Samaadhi. He is not male, and He is not female; how can anyone describe Him? The three worlds continue to center their attention on His Light. The silent sages and the Yogic masters seek the Sanctuary of the True Lord. || 4 || The Lord is the source of bliss, the support of the helpless. The Gurmukhs worship and contemplate the Celestial Lord. God is the Lover of His devotees, the Destroyer of fear. Subduing ego, one meets the Lord, and places his feet on the Path. || 5 || He makes many efforts, but still, the Messenger of Death tortures him. Destined only to die, he comes into the world. He wastes this precious human life through duality. He does not know his own self, and trapped by doubts, he cries out in pain. || 6 || Speak, read and hear of the One Lord. The Support of the earth shall bless you with courage, righteousness and protection. Chastity, purity and self-restraint are infused into the heart, when one centers h! is mind in the fourth state. || 7 || They are immaculate and true, and filth does not stick to them. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, their doubt and fear depart. The form and personality of the Primal Lord are incomparably beautiful. Nanak begs for the Lord, the Embodiment of Truth. || 8 || 1 ||

Monday 9th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 685)

RAAG SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL, ASHTAPADEES, TENTH HOUSE, KAAFEE:

Even though I have made mistakes, and even though I have been wrong, I am still called Yours, O my Lord and Master. Those who enshrine love for another, die regretting and repenting. || 1 || I shall never leave my Husband Lord's side. My Beloved Lover is always and forever beautiful. He is my hope and inspiration. || 1 || Pause || You are my Best Friend; You are my relative. I am so proud of You. And when You dwell within me, I am at peace. I am without honor - You are my honor. || 2 || And when You are pleased with me, O treasure of mercy, then I do not see any other. Please grant me this blessing, that that I may forever dwell upon You and cherish You within my heart. || 3 || Let my feet walk on Your Path, and let my eyes behold the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. With my ears, I will listen to Your Sermon, if the Guru becomes merciful to me. || 4 || Hundreds of thousands and millions do not equal even one hair of Yo! urs, O my Beloved. You are the King of kings; I cannot even describe Your Glorious Praises. || 5 || Your brides are countless; they are all greater than I am. Please bless me with Your Glance of Grace, even for an instant; please bless me with Your Darshan, that I may revel in Your Love. || 6 || Seeing Him, my mind is comforted and consoled, and my sins and mistakes are far removed. How could I ever forget Him, O my mother? He is permeating and pervading everywhere. || 7 || In humility, I bowed down in surrender to Him, and He naturally met me. I have received what was pre-ordained for me, O Nanak, with the help and assistance of the Saints. || 8 || 1 || 4 ||

Tuesday 10th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page : 761)

BAIRAAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord's humble servant sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord's Name. Even if someone slanders the Lord's humble servant, he does not give up his own goodness. || 1 || Pause || Whatever the Lord and Master does, He does by Himself; the Lord Himself does the deeds. The Lord and Master Himself imparts understanding; the Lord Himself inspires us to speak. || 1 || The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it. O servant Nanak, the Lord Himself unites us with the True Guru; He Himself resolves the conflicts. || 2 || 3 ||

Wednesday 11th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 719]

English Translation :

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, I live. My karma is perfect, O my God. || 1 || Please, listen to this prayer, O my God. Please bless me with Your Name, and make me Your chaylaa, Your disciple. || 1 || Pause || Please keep me under Your Protection, O God, O Great Giver. By Guru's Grace, a few people understand this. || 2 || Please hear my prayer, O God, my Friend. May Your Lotus Feet abide within my consciousness. || 3 || Nanak makes one prayer: may I never forget You, O perfect treasure of virtue. || 4 || 18 || 24 ||

Thursday 12th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 742)

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL:

The ignorant fools amass false wealth. The blind, foolish, self-willed manmukhs have gone astray. Poisonous wealth brings constant pain. It will not go with you, and it will not yield any profit. || 1 || True wealth is obtained through the Guru's Teachings. False wealth continues coming and going. || Pause || The foolish self-willed manmukhs all go astray and die. They drown in the terrifying world-ocean, and they cannot reach either this shore, or the one beyond. But by perfect destiny, they meet the True Guru; imbued with the True Name, day and night, they remain detached from the world. || 2 || Throughout the four ages, the True Bani of His Word is Ambrosial Nectar. By perfect destiny, one is absorbed in the True Name. The Siddhas, the seekers and all men long for the Name. It is obtained only by perfect destiny. || 3 || The True Lord is everything; He is True. Only a few realize the exalted Lord God. He is the True! st of the True; He Himself implants the True Name within. O Nanak, the Lord Himself sees all; He Himself links us to the Truth. || 4 || 7 ||

Friday 13th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 665)

SORAT'H, FIFTH MEHL:

He is imperishable, the Giver of all beings; meditating on Him, all filth is removed. He is the treasure of excellence, the object of His devotees, but rare are those who find Him. || 1 || O my mind, meditate on the Guru, and God, the Cherisher of the world. Seeking His Sanctuary, one finds peace, and he shall not suffer in pain again. || 1 || Pause || By great good fortune, one obtains the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Meeting them, evil-mindedness is eliminated. Slave Nanak yearns for the dust of the feet of those, who have woven the Lord's Name into their hearts. || 2 || 5 || 33 ||

Saturday 14th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 617)

English Translation :

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord God is my praanaa, my breath of life; He is the Giver of peace. By Guru's Grace, only a few know Him. || 1 || Pause || Your Saints are Your Beloveds; death does not consume them. They are dyed in the deep crimson color of Your Love, and they are intoxicated with the sublime essence of the Lord's Name. || 1 || The greatest sins, and millions of pains and diseases are destroyed by Your Gracious Glance, O God. While sleeping and waking, Nanak sings the Lord's Name, Har, Har, Har; he falls at the Guru's feet. || 2 || 8 ||

Sunday 15th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 529)

RAAG SOOHEE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

Intoxicated with the wine of youth, I did not realize that I was only a guest at my parents' home (in this world). My consciousness is polluted with faults and mistakes; without the Guru, virtue does not even enter into me. I have not known the value of virtue; I have been deluded by doubt. I have wasted away my youth in vain. I have not known my Husband Lord, His celestial home and gate, or the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. I have not had the pleasure of my Husband Lord's celestial peace. After consulting the True Guru, I have not walked on the Path; the night of my life is passing away in sleep. O Nanak, in the prime of my youth, I am a widow; without my Husband Lord, the soul-bride is wasting away. || 1 || O father, give me in marriage to the Lord; I am pleased with Him as my Husband. I belong to Him. He is pervading throughout the four ages, and the Word of His Bani permeates the three worlds. The Husband Lord of ! the three worlds ravishes and enjoys His virtuous brides, but He keeps the ungraceful and unvirtuous ones far away. As are our hopes, so are our minds' desires, which the All-pervading Lord brings to fulfillment. The bride of the Lord is forever happy and virtuous; she shall never be a widow, and she shall never have to wear dirty clothes. O Nanak, I love my True Husband Lord; my Beloved is the same, age after age. || 2 || O Baba, calculate that auspicious moment, when I too shall be going to my in-laws' house. The moment of that marriage will be set by the Hukam of God's Command; His Will cannot be changed. The karmic record of past deeds, written by the Creator Lord, cannot be erased by anyone. The most respected member of the marriage party, my Husband, is the independent Lord of all beings, pervading and permeating the three worlds. Maya, crying out in pain, leaves, seeing that the bride and the groom are in love. O Nanak, the peace of the Mansion of God's Presence comes t! hrough the True Word of the Shabad; the bride keeps the Guru's Feet enshrined in her mind. || 3 || My father has given me in marriage far away, and I shall not return to my parents' home. I am delighted to see my Husband Lord near at hand; in His Home, I am so beautiful. My True Beloved Husband Lord desires me; He has joined me to Himself, and made my intellect pure and sublime. By good destiny I met Him, and was given a place of rest; through the Guru's Wisdom, I have become virtuous. I gather lasting Truth and contentment in my lap, and my Beloved is pleased with my truthful speech. O Nanak, I shall not suffer the pain of separation; through the Guru's Teachings, I merge into the loving embrace of the Lord's Being. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday 16th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 763)

SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL:

The soul-bride may wander throughout the four ages, but still, without the True Guru, she will not find her True Husband Lord. The Kingdom of the Lord is permanent, and forever unchanging; there is no other than Him. There is no other than Him ? He is True forever; the Gurmukh knows the One Lord. That soul-bride, whose mind accepts the Guru?s Teachings, meets her Husband Lord. Meeting the True Guru, she finds the Lord; without the Lord?s Name, there is no liberation. O Nanak, the soul-bride ravishes and enjoys her Husband Lord; her mind accepts Him, and she finds peace. || 1 || Serve the True Guru, O young and innocent bride; thus you shall obtain the Lord as your Husband. You shall be the virtuous and happy bride of the True Lord forever; and you shall never again wear soiled clothes. Your clothes shall never again be soiled; how rare are those few, who, as Gurmukh, recognize this, and conquer their ego. So make your practice the practice of good deeds; merge into the Word of the Shabad, and deep within, come to know the One Lord. The Gurmukh enjoys God, day and night, and so obtains true glory. O Nanak, the soul-bride enjoys and ravishes her Beloved; God is pervading and permeating everywhere. || 2 || Serve the Guru, O young and innocent soul-bride, and he will lead to you meet your Husband Lord. The bride is imbued with the Love of her Lord; meeting with her Beloved, she finds peace. Meeting her Beloved, she finds peace, and merges in the True Lord; the True Lord is pervading everywhere. The bride makes Truth her decorations, day and night, and remains absorbed in the True Lord. The Lord, the Giver of peace, is realized through His Shabad; He hugs His bride close in His embrace. O Nanak, the bride obtains the Mansion of His Presence; through the Guru?s Teachings, she finds her Lord. || 3 || The Primal Lord, my God, has united His young and innocent bride with Himself. Through the Guru?s Teachings, her heart is illumined and enlightened; God is permeating and pervading everywhere. God is permeating and pervading everywhere; He dwells in her mind, and she realizes her pre-ordained destiny. On his cozy bed, she is pleasing to my God; she fashions her decorations of Truth. The bride is immaculate and pure; she washes away the filth of egotism, and through the Guru?s Teachings, she merges in the True Lord. O Nanak, the Creator Lord blends her into Himself, and she obtains the nine treasure of the Naam. || 4 || 3 || 4 ||

Tuesday 17th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 769)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lord's Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lord's Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Guru's Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Wednesday 18th Poh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 645)