hukamnama katha translation of Sunday 11/03/2007

=============================

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

धनासरी महला ५ ॥

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਹ ਜਹ ਪੇਖਉ ਤਹ ਹਜੂਰਿ ਦੂਰਿ ਕਤਹੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥

जह जह पेखउ तह हजूरि दूरि कतहु न जाई ॥

jah jah paykha-o tah hajoor door katahu na jaa-ee.

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away.

ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਰਬਤ੍ਰ ਮੈ ਮਨ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥

रवि रहिआ सरबत्र मै मन सदा धिआई ॥१॥

rav rahi-aa sarbatar mai man sadaa Dhi-aa-ee. ||1||

He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. ||1||

ਈਤ ਊਤ ਨਹੀ ਬੀਛੁੜੈ ਸੋ ਸੰਗੀ ਗਨੀਐ ॥

ईत ऊत नही बीछुड़ै सो संगी गनीऐ ॥

eet oot nahee beechhurhai so sangee ganee-ai.

He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter.

ਬਿਨਸਿ ਜਾਇ ਜੋ ਨਿਮਖ ਮਹਿ ਸੋ ਅਲਪ ਸੁਖੁ ਭਨੀਐ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

बिनसि जाइ जो निमख महि सो अलप सुखु भनीऐ ॥ रहाउ ॥

binas jaa-ay jo nimakh meh so alap sukh bhanee-ai. rahaa-o.

That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. ||Pause||

ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲੈ ਅਪਿਆਉ ਦੇਇ ਕਛੁ ਊਨ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥

प्रतिपालै अपिआउ देइ कछु ऊन न होई ॥

paratipaalai api-aa-o day-ay kachh oon na ho-ee.

He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything.

ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਸੰਮਾਲਤਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਈ ॥੨॥

सासि सासि समालता मेरा प्रभु सोई ॥२॥

saas saas sammaaltaa mayraa parabh so-ee. ||2||

With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. ||2||

ਅਛਲ ਅਛੇਦ ਅਪਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਊਚਾ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਰੂਪੁ ॥

अछल अछेद अपार प्रभ ऊचा जा का रूपु ॥

achhal achhayd apaar parabh oochaa jaa kaa roop.

God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted.

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਜਨ ਅਚਰਜ ਆਨੂਪੁ ॥੩॥

जपि जपि करहि अनंदु जन अचरज आनूपु ॥३॥

jap jap karahi anand jan achraj aanoop. ||3||

Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. ||3||

ਸਾ ਮਤਿ ਦੇਹੁ ਦਇਆਲ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜਿਤੁ ਤੁਮਹਿ ਅਰਾਧਾ ॥

सा मति देहु दइआल प्रभ जितु तुमहि अराधा ॥

saa mat dayh da-i-aal parabh jit tumeh araaDhaa.

Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮੰਗੈ ਦਾਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰੇਨ ਪਗ ਸਾਧਾ ॥੪॥੩॥੨੭॥

नानकु मंगै दानु प्रभ रेन पग साधा ॥४॥३॥२७॥

naanak mangai daan parabh rayn pag saaDhaa. ||4||3||27||

Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||4||3||27||

Vaahiguroo jee ka khalsa, Vaahiguroo jee ki fateh

Ocean of mercy, King of Kings, Lord of all, Sweet spoken, Satguru ji has blessed us with hukamnama updesh.

On that person, upon whom the Lord does kirpa,that person recieves updesh(true advice) from Satguru ji.

Satuguru ji is saying, that our relatives, friends, parents, spouse, they are not our true companions,

and will not be our support in the world hereafter. They will not go along with us in the world hereafter.

In the world hereafter only Satguru ji, will go with us, and is our only companion, our support.

When we will go into the house of God, dargeh of Parmatma, then if we don't have good virtues in our bag, then we will not receive honor, we will be neglected.

Dharmraj, the judge of good and bad actions of the world, also says those who have gathered virtues in their bag, will obtain honor.

Parmatma, is with us at all times. In your mind, you are thinking of your relatives and friends, but none of these will go with you. You will be responsible for your own actions and deeds, none of these will support you in the world hereafter.

Kabeer ji says, That family who you think as your own, for that wealth, for the sake of relatives, you are collecting it, they will not go with you.

Wakeup sleeping soul and start gathering virtues in your bag.

When maya comes, ahaankar increases, when maya leaves, sorrow increases.

Dont seek the pleasure of maya.

Absorb yourself in the peace of Parmatma's naam. It will stay with you here and hereafter.

Let us absorb in the updesh of Hukamnama, Satinaam Vaahiguroo

Satguru Arjan Dev ji has blessed us with today's hukamnama in Dhanasaari Raag.

Hindus, Muslims say, Parmatma lives only in Mecca, Jagannath temple etc. Or Parmatma lives in the sky.

Satguru Gobind Singh ji has said,

Some bow towards west, some east;

present everywhere, all pervading, is Parmatma.

Jin Prem Kio tin hi prabh paiyo

Satguru Tegh Bahadur Ji has said,

Why go and search for Parmatma in forests?

Everpresent with you, is Parmatma.

Someone asked a sufi sant,

"If Parmatma is in the heart? How to obtain Parmatma?"

sufi sant said,

"We will tell you later, now Let us go and take bath in the river first"

When that person went to take a dip in the river, the sufi sant, put his hand on the head, and did not let him come out, just when that person was on his last breath. The sufi sant, took off his hand, and brought him out.

that person said,

"If you did not want to tell me about Parmatma, why are you drowning me to my death?"

Sufi sant said,

"When you were in the water, where you thinking about your family or relations or anyone?"

Person said,

"No, I was only thinking about saving my life"

Sufi Sant said,

"When you think of only Parmatma, and noone else, you will find Parmatma, devote yourself to Parmatma"

Ramakrishna after hearing clever arguments on the proof that parmatma does not exist from a person said

"I believe more in Parmatma now,

after hearing such intelligent arguments,

such a clever person like you,

who could have created you"

Just as in forests, fire is unseen.

Just as in clouds, rain water is unseen

Parmatma is in all.

All is Parmatma, Without Parmatma is noone.

Sabh Gobind Hai, Sabh Gobind hai, Gobind bin nahi koi.

Speak sweet words to all, Parmatma is in all.

Whereever I look, there I see you Parmatma.

Don't differentiate anyone based on color or appearance, or judge beauty by color or appearance, but by virtues in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Parmatma never was or will be separate from us, do simran of Parmatma. Know Parmatma as the eternal one.

Those pleasures which pass away with the blink of an eye, in a instant are trivial, Don't seek those, but seek the bliss Parmatma's simran.

Paramatma is sustaining, nourishing everyone by giving them food, and does not differentiate if someone is muslim, sikh, hindu, good or bad, virtue or no virtue. Parmatma's supplies never run short. With each and every breath, Parmatma is taking care of his creatures. Parmatma cannot be decieved, cannot be cut/hole, Parmatma is infinite, Great, high is the form of Parmatma.

Rememembering wondrous Parmatma, we dwell in bliss, filled with wonder.

Satguru ji, Bless this beggar with such understanding to remember you all times.

Iam a sacrifice to your devoteees , who remember you, bless me with the dust of those devotees, so I stay in humility.

Vaahiguroo jee Ka Khalsa, Vaahiguroo jee ji fateh

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥

सूही महला १ ॥

soohee mehlaa 1.

Soohee, First Mehl:

ਜਪ ਤਪ ਕਾ ਬੰਧੁ ਬੇੜੁਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਲੰਘਹਿ ਵਹੇਲਾ ॥

जप तप का बंधु बेड़ुला जितु लंघहि वहेला ॥

jap tap kaa banDh bayrhulaa jit langheh vahaylaa.

Build the raft of meditation and self-discipline, to carry you across the river.

ਨਾ ਸਰਵਰੁ ਨਾ ਊਛਲੈ ਐਸਾ ਪੰਥੁ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ॥੧॥

ना सरवरु ना ऊछलै ऐसा पंथु सुहेला ॥१॥

naa sarvar naa oochhlai aisaa panth suhaylaa. ||1||

There will be no ocean, and no rising tides to stop you; this is how comfortable your path shall be. ||1||

ਤੇਰਾ ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੰਜੀਠੜਾ ਰਤਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਚੋਲਾ ਸਦ ਰੰਗ ਢੋਲਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

तेरा एको नामु मंजीठड़ा रता मेरा चोला सद रंग ढोला ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

tayraa ayko naam manjeeth-rhaa rataa mayraa cholaa sad rang dholaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Your Name alone is the color, in which the robe of my body is dyed. This color is permanent, O my Beloved. ||1||Pause||

ਸਾਜਨ ਚਲੇ ਪਿਆਰਿਆ ਕਿਉ ਮੇਲਾ ਹੋਈ ॥

साजन चले पिआरिआ किउ मेला होई ॥

saajan chalay pi-aari-aa ki-o maylaa ho-ee.

My beloved friends have departed; how will they meet the Lord?

ਜੇ ਗੁਣ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਗੰਠੜੀਐ ਮੇਲੇਗਾ ਸੋਈ ॥੨॥

जे गुण होवहि गंठड़ीऐ मेलेगा सोई ॥२॥

jay gun hoveh ganth-rhee-ai maylaygaa so-ee. ||2||

If they have virtue in their pack, the Lord will unite them with Himself. ||2||

ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਵੀਛੁੜੈ ਜੇ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੋਈ ॥

मिलिआ होइ न वीछुड़ै जे मिलिआ होई ॥

mili-aa ho-ay na veechhurhai jay mili-aa ho-ee.

Once united with Him, they will not be separated again, if they are truly united.

ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਿਆ ਹੈ ਸਾਚਾ ਸੋਈ ॥੩॥

आवा गउणु निवारिआ है साचा सोई ॥३॥

aavaa ga-on nivaari-aa hai saachaa so-ee. ||3||

The True Lord brings their comings and goings to an end. ||3||

ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰਿ ਨਿਵਾਰਿਆ ਸੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਚੋਲਾ ॥

हउमै मारि निवारिआ सीता है चोला ॥

ha-umai maar nivaari-aa seetaa hai cholaa.

One who subdues and eradicates egotism, sews the robe of devotion.

ਗੁਰ ਬਚਨੀ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਹ ਕੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬੋਲਾ ॥੪॥

गुर बचनी फलु पाइआ सह के अम्रित बोला ॥४॥

gur bachnee fal paa-i-aa sah kay amrit bolaa. ||4||

Following the Word of the Guru's Teachings, she receives the fruits of her reward, the Ambrosial Words of the Lord. ||4||

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹੈ ਸਹੇਲੀਹੋ ਸਹੁ ਖਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ॥

नानकु कहै सहेलीहो सहु खरा पिआरा ॥

naanak kahai sahayleeho saho kharaa pi-aaraa.

Says Nanak, O soul-brides, our Husband Lord is so dear!

ਹਮ ਸਹ ਕੇਰੀਆ ਦਾਸੀਆ ਸਾਚਾ ਖਸਮੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੫॥੨॥੪॥

हम सह केरीआ दासीआ साचा खसमु हमारा ॥५॥२॥४॥

ham sah kayree-aa daasee-aa saachaa khasam hamaaraa. ||5||2||4||

We are the servants, the hand-maidens of the Lord; He is our True Lord and Master. ||5||2||4||

Worshipped by all, King of all, Satguru Maharaj has done kirpa on us and blessed us with hukamnama updesh during the amrit vela hours of Sachkhand Harmandar Sahib.

When we are in love with Vaahiguroo, then our soul, our spiritual life is imbued deeply with the color of love for Paramtma. When we love maya, then our soul is enveloped with the color of greed, and this is not liked by our beloved Paramtma.

Kathakaar is saying, those gur pyaray, who are imbued in the love of paramtma, have glow on their faces.

Listen to hukamnama -> http://gurseva.net/hukamnama/hukamnama_13_03_2007.mp3

ਸਲੋਕ ॥

सलोक ॥

salok.

Shalok:

ਰਸਨਾ ਉਚਰੰਤਿ ਨਾਮੰ ਸ੍ਰਵਣੰ ਸੁਨੰਤਿ ਸਬਦ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਹ ॥

रसना उचरंति नामं स्रवणं सुनंति सबद अम्रितह ॥

rasnaa uchrant naamaN sarvanaN sunant sabad amritah.

With my tongue, I chant the Lord's Name; with my ears, I listen to the Ambrosial Word of His Shabad.

ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਨ ਸਦ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੰ ਜਿਨਾ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮਣਹ ॥੧॥

नानक तिन सद बलिहारं जिना धिआनु पारब्रहमणह ॥१॥

naanak tin sad balihaaraN jinaa Dhi-aan paarbrahmaneh. ||1||

Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Supreme Lord God. ||1||

ਹਭਿ ਕੂੜਾਵੇ ਕੰਮ ਇਕਸੁ ਸਾਈ ਬਾਹਰੇ ॥

हभि कूड़ावे कम इकसु साई बाहरे ॥

habh koorhaavay kamm ikas saa-ee baahray.

All concerns are false, except those of the One Lord.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੇਈ ਧੰਨੁ ਜਿਨਾ ਪਿਰਹੜੀ ਸਚ ਸਿਉ ॥੨॥

नानक सेई धंनु जिना पिरहड़ी सच सिउ ॥२॥

naanak say-ee Dhan jinaa pirharhee sach si-o. ||2||

O Nanak, blessed are those, who are in love with their True Lord. ||2||

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

पउड़ी ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ਸਦ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨਾ ਜਿ ਸੁਨਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ॥

सद बलिहारी तिना जि सुनते हरि कथा ॥

sad balihaaree tinaa je suntay har kathaa.

I am forever a sacrifice to those who listen to the sermon of the Lord.

ਪੂਰੇ ਤੇ ਪਰਧਾਨ ਨਿਵਾਵਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਥਾ ॥

पूरे ते परधान निवावहि प्रभ मथा ॥

pooray tay parDhaan nivaaveh parabh mathaa.

Those who bow their heads before God are perfect and distinguished.

ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਲਿਖਹਿ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਸੋਹਹਿ ਸੇ ਹਥਾ ॥

हरि जसु लिखहि बेअंत सोहहि से हथा ॥

har jas likheh bay-ant soheh say hathaa.

Those hands, which write the Praises of the infinite Lord are beautiful.

ਚਰਨ ਪੁਨੀਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਚਾਲਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਥਾ ॥

चरन पुनीत पवित्र चालहि प्रभ पथा ॥

charan puneet pavitar chaaleh parabh pathaa.

Those feet which walk on God's Path are pure and holy.

ਸੰਤਾਂ ਸੰਗਿ ਉਧਾਰੁ ਸਗਲਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਲਥਾ ॥੧੪॥

संतां संगि उधारु सगला दुखु लथा ॥१४॥

santaaN sang uDhaar saglaa dukh lathaa. ||14||

In the Society of the Saints, they are emancipated; all their sorrows depart. ||14||

guroo roop khalsa ji, guroo saroop sadhsangat ji

Satguru Paatshaah's hukamnama in jaitsiri vaar, as per in reply to the questions of pandit vijayram. That gurmukh researcher asked several questions to Satguru Paatshaah.

Satguru ji has used jaitsiri vaar to give the answers, to say the essence of a thing in less words. Kathakaar is saying that Satguru ji has used this grammer style.

In the shaloks, Satguru ji has used the vaydik* parampara tradition of saying the shabads, meaning these are irrespective of any religion, sect or division, and in the paurees, Satguru ji is using the laukik* parampara tradition, the language style grammar of the local people of the area.

Satguru ji is explaining us in detail the method in which how our lives will be successful, how we are to live our lives successfully.

Satguru ji is revealing this method to us in the hukamnama.

salok.

rasnaa uchrant naamaN

There are five karm indriyas (senses) and There are five gian indriyas (senses)

karm - work

gian - knowledge

rasnaa - tongue

uchrant - speak

naamaN - name (Parmatma's)*

rasnaa does both the work of karm indraya and gian indraya

when our rasnaa helps in eating the food, by swallowing it, sending it to our stomach, It is doing the work as karm indraya

When our rasnaa speaks, saying there is less salt in the dal, or there is less sugar in the tea, It is doing the work of gian indraya.

When our rasnaa does the work of karm indriya, swallowing food, we call it jeeb/tongue.

When our rasnaa does the work of gian indriya, speaking, we call it rasnaa/(speaking faculty)*.

Satguru Paatshah is saying,

Our Gian indraya rasnaa's righteous purpose will be fulfilled, when it speaks parmatma's naam.

In Japji Sahib,

ik doo jeebhou lakh hohi lakh hovahi lakh vees.

Let the tongue be multiplied a lakh times, and let these be multiplied even twenty times more.

lakh lakh gayrhaa aakhee-ahi ayk naam jagdees.

with these hundreds of thousands of times, the Name of the One, the Lord of the Universe be recited.

ayt raahi pat pavrhee-aa charhee-ai ho-i ikees.

In this way, we climb the steps of the ladder, and come to merge with Him.

sun galaa aakaas kee keetaa aa-ee rees.

hearing of the talks of etheric realms, even the worms long to return

naanak nadree paa-ee-ai koorhee koorhai thees. ||32||

Nanak through the grace of God, it is obtained. False are the boastings of False.

Many Gianis also say, when the rasnaa recites the parmatma, progressing in this way, every individual cell becomes a tongue, and starts vibrating on Parmatma's name.

Kathakaar is now saying that gurmukh pyara have talked about 4-5 stages in reciting Parmatma's name.

First, gurbani should be read out aloud.

Second, reading gurbani again and again, the person comes at a stage, when he reads bani, but the second or third person doesnt hear him reciting, this is called "madma"* stage. The tongue is moving, but the person sitting nearby cannot hear. the throat is active but the person nearby doesnt hear it.

Third, is the stage of "basanti"*, in which the tongue does not move, nor is throat actively saying anything. The continous recitation goes on continously in the heart. The person has to keep his mind focussed on this continous jaap rememberance recitation of Parmatma's name going in the heart. By being distracted from this rememberance, are the obstacles in this stage.

Fourth, is the stage of "Para"*, Kathakaar is saying that among crores (many 10,000,000's), a few attained this stage. Kathakaar is giving example of Bhai Mati Das. In every drop of blood that spill, the continous recitation of Jap ji Sahib was continously heard.

bhai_mati_das.gif

whether hindu, muslim, sikh, the aim of all is to be one with Parmatma and recite name of Parmatma. Kathakaar is giving example of another saint, Baba Mansoor, who used to say "Anal Haq", when he was cut bit by bit alive, the drops of blood that spilled were also giving that sound of Anal Haq.

sarvanaN sunant sabad amritah.

The mind is never steady, and wanders constantly distracted. By keeping the mind focussed on "suniai"/listening to the recitation of Parmatma's naam, it becomes steady on its own.

Listen to gur shabad, this is medicine for controlling the five theives of kaam/lust/desire, krodh/anger, lobh/greed, moh/attachment, ahaankaar/pride/ego.

Reciting with rasnaa, Listening with the mind, the sick mind will be healed.

naanak tin sad balihaaraN jinaa Dhi-aan paarbrahmaneh. ||1||

how much Satguru ji gives honor/respect to those who meditate on Parmatma's naam. Guru Arjan Sahib ji, is saying Iam forever a sacrifice to those who remember Parmatma.

Kathakaar is saying, these are not only words, but if we read history we will find many instances where Satguru ji is a sacrifice to those sikhs who remember Parmatma, who have fear and respect of Gurbani.

Kathakaar is giving an example of a sangat, which was coming from a far place, and on the way, they did gurbani kirtan. Satguru ji came to know it, but was injured/hurt in the knee, even then he continued walking towards that direction to meet those sikhs who were singing Gurbani.

Satguru has said, gurbani is the support of the sikhs, like the backbone in our bodies, which is our main support. Those who don't respect Gurbani, those who don't have fear of Gurbani, They can think of themselves as sikhs, But I dont consider them as my sikhs.

Satguru ji gives lot of honor to those who sing gurbani, and have respect for Gurbani. Satguru is sacrifice to those who meditate on Parmatma.

habh koorhaavay kamm ikas saa-ee baahray.

These days, Our lives have become like machines, we are never free from business/work. Always entangled in so many other works or duties.

Satguru ji is saying, all those are false/useless, by doing of which you forget Parmatma.

naanak say-ee Dhan jinaa pirharhee sach si-o. ||2||

Satguru ji is saying those who are in love with Parmatma, they are blessed, fortunate.

pa-orhee.

sad balihaaree tinaa je suntay har kathaa.

Satguru is saying, he is sacrifice to those who listen to the katha about Parmatma. That katha which unites one, brings closer to Parmatma.

In Anand Sahib, the following line appears

suntay puneet kahtay pavit satgur rahi-aa bharpooray.

Kathakaar is saying that those who listen to katha are 3 times better then those who speak katha.

Kathakaar says, This is because in listening the one pointedness of the mind is required to listen to the katha.

pooray tay parDhaan nivaaveh parabh mathaa.

Satguru is giving the title of Pardhaan/Chief/Perfect, to those who bow in front of Parmatma. Pradhaan are those who are humble within, consider themselves lowly. Those who are egoists are not pardhaan.

har jas likheh bay-ant soheh say hathaa.

Some wear fashionable rings, Kathkaar is saying these days, the new fashion among women is to have long nails. To make their hands look more beautiful.

Satguru ji Paatshaah, is saying

Those hands which write the praises of Parmatma are beautiful.

Hindus, before starting any work, they used to write Om.

Sikhs write IK Onkaar before starting any work.

charan puneet pavitar chaaleh parabh pathaa.

Those feet are pure, which walk towards the path of Parmatma. Those which walk towards the temple of God, those which go towards Gurudwara.

santaaN sang uDhaar saglaa dukh lathaa. ||14||

In the company of the saints of God, all ones pains and suffering leave.

Kathakaar is saying, there is about some time left, please do vichaar of the shabad in Bihaagraa raag by Guru Ram Das.

ਬਿਹਾਗੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥

बिहागड़ा महला ४ ॥

bihaagarhaa mehlaa 4.

Bihaagraa, Fourth Mehl:

ਜਗਿ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਧਾਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

जगि सुक्रितु कीरति नामु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि कीरति हरि मनि धारे राम ॥

jag sukarit keerat naam hai mayree jindurhee-ay har keerat har man Dhaaray raam.

In this world, the best occupation is to sing the Praises of the Naam, O my soul. Singing the Praises of the Lord, the Lord is enshrined in the mind.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਵਿਤੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਧਾਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

हरि हरि नामु पवितु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जपि हरि हरि नामु उधारे राम ॥

har har naam pavit hai mayree jindurhee-ay jap har har naam uDhaaray raam.

The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is immaculate and pure, O my soul. Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, one is saved.

ਸਭ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੁਖ ਕਟਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਮਲੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਉਤਾਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

सभ किलविख पाप दुख कटिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए मलु गुरमुखि नामि उतारे राम ॥

sabh kilvikh paap dukh kati-aa mayree jindurhee-ay mal gurmukh naam utaaray raam.

All sins and errors are erased, O my soul; with the Naam, the Gurmukh washes off this filth.

ਵਡ ਪੁੰਨੀ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਮੂਰਖ ਮੁਗਧ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥੧॥

वड पुंनी हरि धिआइआ जन नानक हम मूरख मुगध निसतारे राम ॥१॥

vad punnee har Dhi-aa-i-aa jan naanak ham moorakh mugaDh nistaaray raam. ||1||

By great good fortune, servant Nanak meditates on the Lord; even fools and idiots like me have been saved. ||1||

ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਦੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤਿਨਾ ਪੰਚੇ ਵਸਗਤਿ ਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

जो हरि नामु धिआइदे मेरी जिंदुड़ीए तिना पंचे वसगति आए राम ॥

jo har naam Dhi-aa-iday mayree jindurhee-ay tinaa panchay vasgat aa-ay raam.

Those who meditate on the Lord's Name, O my soul, overpower the five passions.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

अंतरि नव निधि नामु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए गुरु सतिगुरु अलखु लखाए राम ॥

antar nav niDh naam hai mayree jindurhee-ay gur satgur alakh lakhaa-ay raam.

The nine treasures of the Naam are within, O my soul; the Great Guru has made me see the unseen Lord.

ਗੁਰਿ ਆਸਾ ਮਨਸਾ ਪੂਰੀਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਭੁਖ ਸਭ ਜਾਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

गुरि आसा मनसा पूरीआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि मिलिआ भुख सभ जाए राम ॥

gur aasaa mansaa pooree-aa mayree jindurhee-ay har mili-aa bhukh sabh jaa-ay raam.

The Guru has fulfilled my hopes and desires, O my soul; meeting the Lord, all my hunger is satisfied.

ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਏ ਰਾਮ ॥੨॥

धुरि मसतकि हरि प्रभि लिखिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जन नानक हरि गुण गाए राम ॥२॥

Dhur mastak har parabh likhi-aa mayree jindurhee-ay jan naanak har gun gaa-ay raam. ||2||

O servant Nanak, he alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, O my soul, upon whose forehead God has inscribed such pre-ordained destiny. ||2||

ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਬਲਵੰਚੀਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਪਰਦ੍ਰੋਹੀ ਠਗ ਮਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ॥

हम पापी बलवंचीआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए परद्रोही ठग माइआ राम ॥

ham paapee balvanchee-aa mayree jindurhee-ay pardarohee thag maa-i-aa raam.

I am a deceitful sinner, O my soul, a cheat, and a robber of others' wealth.

ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ॥

वडभागी गुरु पाइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए गुरि पूरै गति मिति पाइआ राम ॥

vadbhaagee gur paa-i-aa mayree jindurhee-ay gur poorai gat mit paa-i-aa raam.

But, by great good fortune, I have found the Guru, O my soul; through the Perfect Guru, I have found the way to salvation.

ਗੁਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਚੋਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਫਿਰਿ ਮਰਦਾ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਜੀਵਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ॥

गुरि अम्रितु हरि मुखि चोइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए फिरि मरदा बहुड़ि जीवाइआ राम ॥

gur amrit har mukh cho-i-aa mayree jindurhee-ay fir mardaa bahurh jeevaa-i-aa raam.

The Guru has poured the Ambrosial Nectar of the Lord's Name into my mouth, O my soul, and now, my dead soul has come to life again.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਜੋ ਮਿਲੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਦੁਖ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ॥੩॥

जन नानक सतिगुर जो मिले मेरी जिंदुड़ीए तिन के सभ दुख गवाइआ राम ॥३॥

jan naanak satgur jo milay mayree jindurhee-ay tin kay sabh dukh gavaa-i-aa raam. ||3||

O servant Nanak: those who meet the True Guru, O my soul, have all of their pains taken away. ||3||

ਅਤਿ ਊਤਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਤੁ ਜਪਿਐ ਪਾਪ ਗਵਾਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

अति ऊतमु हरि नामु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जितु जपिऐ पाप गवाते राम ॥

at ootam har naam hai mayree jindurhee-ay jit japi-ai paap gavaatay raam.

The Name of the Lord is sublime, O my soul; chanting it, one's sins are washed away.

ਪਤਿਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਏ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਡੀ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਿ ਜਾਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

पतित पवित्र गुरि हरि कीए मेरी जिंदुड़ीए चहु कुंडी चहु जुगि जाते राम ॥

patit pavitar gur har kee-ay mayree jindurhee-ay chahu kundee chahu jug jaatay raam.

The Guru, the Lord, has purified even the sinners, O my soul; now, they are famous and respected in the four directions and throughout the four ages.

ਹਉਮੈ ਮੈਲੁ ਸਭ ਉਤਰੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

हउमै मैलु सभ उतरी मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि अम्रिति हरि सरि नाते राम ॥

ha-umai mail sabh utree mayree jindurhee-ay har amrit har sar naatay raam.

The filth of egotism is totally wiped away, O my soul, by bathing in the Ambrosial Pool of the Lord's Name.

ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਪਾਪੀ ਉਧਰੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਖਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥੪॥੩॥

अपराधी पापी उधरे मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जन नानक खिनु हरि राते राम ॥४॥३॥

apraaDhee paapee uDhray mayree jindurhee-ay jan naanak khin har raatay raam. ||4||3||

Even sinners are carried across, O my soul, if they are imbued with the Lord's Name, even for an instant, O servant Nanak. ||4||3||

Please forgive mistakes, Hukamnama katha translation of Tuesday 13/03/2007

Please provide your thoughts also, and point any mistakes which you find.

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

धनासरी महला ५ ॥

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਿਹ ਕਰਣੀ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਸਰਮਿੰਦਾ ਇਹਾ ਕਮਾਨੀ ਰੀਤਿ ॥

जिह करणी होवहि सरमिंदा इहा कमानी रीति ॥

jih karnee hoveh sarmindaa ihaa kamaanee reet.

You have made it your habit to practice those deeds which will bring you shame.

ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਸਾਕਤ ਕੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਐਸੀ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਬਿਪਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥

संत की निंदा साकत की पूजा ऐसी द्रिड़्ही बिपरीति ॥१॥

sant kee nindaa saakat kee poojaa aisee darirh-ee bipreet. ||1||

You slander the Saints, and you worship the faithless cynics; such are the corrupt ways you have adopted. ||1||

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਭੂਲੋ ਅਵਰੈ ਹੀਤ ॥

माइआ मोह भूलो अवरै हीत ॥

maa-i-aa moh bhoolo avrai heet.

Deluded by your emotional attachment to Maya, you love other things,

ਹਰਿਚੰਦਉਰੀ ਬਨ ਹਰ ਪਾਤ ਰੇ ਇਹੈ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਬੀਤ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

हरिचंदउरी बन हर पात रे इहै तुहारो बीत ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

harichand-uree ban har paat ray ihai tuhaaro beet. ||1|| rahaa-o.

like the enchanted city of Hari-chandauree, or the green leaves of the forest - such is your way of life. ||1||Pause||

ਚੰਦਨ ਲੇਪ ਹੋਤ ਦੇਹ ਕਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਗਰਧਭ ਭਸਮ ਸੰਗੀਤਿ ॥

चंदन लेप होत देह कउ सुखु गरधभ भसम संगीति ॥

chandan layp hot dayh ka-o sukh garDhabh bhasam sangeet.

Its body may be anointed with sandalwood oil, but the donkey still loves to roll in the mud.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸੰਗਿ ਨਾਹਿ ਰੁਚ ਆਵਤ ਬਿਖੈ ਠਗਉਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥੨॥

अम्रित संगि नाहि रुच आवत बिखै ठगउरी प्रीति ॥२॥

amrit sang naahi ruch aavat bikhai thag-uree pareet. ||2||

He is not fond of the Ambrosial Nectar; instead, he loves the poisonous drug of corruption. ||2||

ਉਤਮ ਸੰਤ ਭਲੇ ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਇਸੁ ਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਪਵਿਤ ਪੁਨੀਤ ॥

उतम संत भले संजोगी इसु जुग महि पवित पुनीत ॥

utam sant bhalay sanjogee is jug meh pavit puneet.

The Saints are noble and sublime; they are blessed with good fortune. They alone are pure and holy in this world.

ਜਾਤ ਅਕਾਰਥ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਕਾਚ ਬਾਦਰੈ ਜੀਤ ॥੩॥

जात अकारथ जनमु पदारथ काच बादरै जीत ॥३॥

jaat akaarath janam padaarath kaach baadrai jeet. ||3||

The jewel of this human life is passing away uselessly, lost in exchange for mere glass. ||3||

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਦੁਖ ਭਾਗੇ ਗੁਰਿ ਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਜਨੁ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਦੀਤ ॥

जनम जनम के किलविख दुख भागे गुरि गिआन अंजनु नेत्र दीत ॥

janam janam kay kilvikh dukh bhaagay gur gi-aan anjan naytar deet.

The sins and sorrows of uncounted incarnations run away, when the Guru applies the healing ointment of spiritual wisdom to the eyes.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਇਨ ਦੁਖ ਤੇ ਨਿਕਸਿਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਏਕ ਪਰੀਤ ॥੪॥੯॥

साधसंगि इन दुख ते निकसिओ नानक एक परीत ॥४॥९॥

saaDhsang in dukh tay niksi-o naanak ayk pareet. ||4||9||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I have escaped from these troubles; Nanak loves the One Lord. ||4||9||

guroo roop khalsa jee, guroo roop sadhsangat ji

Vaahiguroo has blessed us with amrit roop hukamnama, by listening and obeying the hukam of Satguru, let us make our lives successful.

We know not when we our final breath comes. Let us ask Satguru ji to keep us under his protection.

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

In Dhanaasaree Raag, Satguru Arjan Sahib jee is blessing us with this hukamnama, amrit roop updesh for us.

jih karnee hoveh sarmindaa

jih - that

sarmindaa - shame

karnee - works

hoveh - happen

Those works that bring shame

Those actions and deeds, of doing which, shame is felt

ihaa kamaanee reet.

ihaa - this

kamaanee - practice, earn

reet - habit, lifestyle

Satguru ji, This person has made it his habit to do these works.

sant kee nindaa saakat kee poojaa aisee darirh-ee bipreet. ||1||

sant - saint

kee - of

nindaa - slander

saakat - doubter

poojaa - worship

aisee - such a

darirh-ee - adopted

bipreet - corrupt way

Slandering the saint

Worshipping the corrupt faithless

Forgetting the one True Eternal Parmatma

Loving the mirage of Maya.

Forgetting the reality

Loving the dream

Such are the actions of this person.

maa-i-aa moh bhoolo avrai heet.

maa-i-aa - duality, maya, illusion, world and its entanglements

moh - attachment

bhoolo - forgotten, deluded

avrai - other

heet - love

Maya has deluded this person and he doesnt enshrine love for the true one Parmatma, but gives his love to the false others.

Fallen into a deep dark well, such is the state of this person.

harichand-uree ban har paat ray ihai tuhaaro beet. ||1|| rahaa-o.

harichand-uree - enchanted city.

ban - forest

har - green

paat - leaf

ray - O (ref to "O person" "O mind"*)

ihai - such

tuhaaro - yours

beet - state/ life

This person has fallen in love with the mirage, seeing it as the reality

loving the fading leaves of the forest, this is the belief and way of his life.

chandan layp hot dayh ka-o sukh garDhabh bhasam sangeet.

chandan - sandalwood paste

hot - happen, occur

dayh - body

ka-o - to

one may plaster a donkey with sandalwood paste, but he loveth only the dust.

Just so, is this person.

amrit sang naahi ruch aavat bikhai thag-uree pareet. ||2||

He does not love the nectar, but loves the potion of posion.

He loves only the attachments to maya,

Forsaking the nectar of Parmatma's name, this person has taken to the posion of maya.

utam sant bhalay sanjogee is jug meh pavit puneet.

Vaahiguroo, With great good fortune, your true devotees are met, they alone are pure and holy in this world.

jaat akaarath janam padaarath kaach baadrai jeet. ||3||

Vaahiguroo, This life is being wasted away in useless affairs, like a precious jewel sold for the love of mere shell.

janam janam kay kilvikh dukh bhaagay gur gi-aan anjan naytar deet.

Vaahiguroo, through your mercy, you have applied this collyrium of wisdom to the eyes.

Vaahiguroo, through your mercy, all love for maya is now gone, Paap/Sins and dukh/sorrows of so many Births are all eradicated.

saaDhsang in dukh tay niksi-o naanak ayk pareet. ||4||9||

Vaahiguroo, all suffering has left, Joining the company of your holy devotees, only love for the true one exists.

Summary :

Vaahiguroo jee in today's hukamnama tells us to leave those actions that bring us shame. Forsake love of those actions.

Those things with which we have fallen in love with, people, activities, places all of these are mirages

We have fallen in love with these and our precious life is passing away engrossed in them.

Satguru ji, has given us updesh to forsake this false love, and have love for the one true Parmatma alone.

Please forgive mistakes.

Vaahiguroo jee ka khalsa, Vaahiguroo jee kee fateh

Hukamnama Katha Translation of Thursday 15/03/2007

Below is Hukamnama Katha Translation of Wednesday 14/03/2007

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

धनासरी महला ५ ॥

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਲੀਨੇ ਸੰਤ ਉਬਾਰਿ ॥

हरि हरि लीने संत उबारि ॥

har har leenay sant ubaar.

The Lord saves His Saints.

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਚਿਤਵੈ ਬੁਰਿਆਈ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕਉ ਫਿਰਿ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

हरि के दास की चितवै बुरिआई तिस ही कउ फिरि मारि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

har kay daas kee chitvai buri-aa-ee tis hee ka-o fir maar. ||1|| rahaa-o.

One who wishes misfortune upon the Lord's slaves, shall be destroyed by the Lord eventually. ||1||Pause||

ਜਨ ਕਾ ਆਪਿ ਸਹਾਈ ਹੋਆ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਭਾਗੇ ਹਾਰਿ ॥

जन का आपि सहाई होआ निंदक भागे हारि ॥

jan kaa aap sahaa-ee ho-aa nindak bhaagay haar.

He Himself is the help and support of His humble servants; He defeats the slanderers, and chases them away.

ਭ੍ਰਮਤ ਭ੍ਰਮਤ ਊਹਾਂ ਹੀ ਮੂਏ ਬਾਹੁੜਿ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਨ ਮੰਝਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

भ्रमत भ्रमत ऊहां ही मूए बाहुड़ि ग्रिहि न मंझारि ॥१॥

bharmat bharmat oohaaN hee moo-ay baahurh garihi na manjhaar. ||1||

Wandering around aimlessly, they die out there; they never return to their homes again. ||1||

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ਸਦਾ ਅਪਾਰਿ ॥

नानक सरणि परिओ दुख भंजन गुन गावै सदा अपारि ॥

naanak saran pari-o dukh bhanjan gun gaavai sadaa apaar.

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Destroyer of pain; he sings the Glorious Praises of the infinite Lord forever.

ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਕਾਲਾ ਹੋਆ ਦੀਨ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਕੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ ॥੨॥੧੫॥

निंदक का मुखु काला होआ दीन दुनीआ कै दरबारि ॥२॥१५॥

nindak kaa mukh kaalaa ho-aa deen dunee-aa kai darbaar. ||2||15||

The faces of the slanderers are blackened in the courts of this world, and the world beyond. ||2||15||

King of Kings, Ocean of mercy, Satguru Arjan Sahib ji has blessed us with hukamnama updesh

This type of shabad falls into two categories.

1. Those people who do abhiyaas of this shabad, they will be protected by Parmatma.

2. This Shabad is indicating that Parmatma is the protector of his devotees.

There is an incident during the times of Guru Arjan Sahib ji, when a person was sent from the mughal emperor to arrest Guru ji.

That person was not able reach Guru ji, because on his way he had died.

People asked Guru ji, "What type of Shabad have you read? that the person on his way was not able to reach you and died".

Guru ji said, "It is the kirpa of Parmatma, Parmatma is the saviour of his devotees".

Lets absorb the message.

Satinaam Vaahiguroo

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

In Dhanaasree Raag, Guru Arjan Sahib ji is giving us updesh

har har leenay sant ubaar.

Vaahiguroo, you are the support of your devotees, and you protect them.

har kay daas kee chitvai buri-aa-ee tis hee ka-o fir maar. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Vaahiguroo, Those who plot and plan against your devotees, they themselves get affected with it, and the devotees are saved by your kirpa.

Kathakaar is saying about Hari Naryan Granth, in it says,

There was one landowner and a king in the same city, the landowner had bad thoughts about the king in his mind, so it did happen, that the king

also came to know of this landowner, and he also had bad thoughts against him.

Then one day, the king fell sick, and the landowner having mercy in his mind, thought good about the king, thought he was such a generous

merciful king.

vice versa, the thoughts in the mind about the king also changed, and he thought kind things for the landowner.

Kathakaar is saying, even though they never talked to eachother, thoughts about another person reaches that person, doesnt matter what distance

they are.

Guru ji tells us, Do not keep bad thoughts for anyone in your mind.

jan kaa aap sahaa-ee ho-aa nindak bhaagay haar.

Who is our real support? Who do we depend on? Who is the giver behind all? Who is unseen and seen in all diversity?

Vaahiguroo, you are the support of your devotees, the slanderer has been humbled, losing with the devotees.

Vaahiguroo, in this world and the world beyond, we have no support but you. Please do kirpa and make us remember you always.

Kathakaar is giving an example, about the state of nindak, and how beneficial they can be to us.

The grandfather of Ram Chandra in Ramayana, was Raja Aj.

Aj, like his father Ragh used to donate everytime at amrit vela to the sadhus saints.

One day, Raja Aj after finishing donating, and running out of food for sadhus, was approached by a sadhu, who asked for donation.

Raja Aj said in a hurry, I am done donating, come tommorrow.

The Sadhu, said he has to spend the night here, please give something today.

Aj : "I dont have to pay off your loan, Go away"

Sadhu: "I will not go away without receiving anything"

This Sahdu was a real mahapurush, and a saint.

Aj was standing in a horse barn, and all there was lidh/horse dung all around.

Aj : I have lidh/horse dung. I can give you that

Sadhu : If you want to give lidh, then go ahead, give it.

Aj put a pile of lidh in the wrap of his cloth.

Sadhu said, "God bless you, may this charity of yours, increase by leaps and bounds"

==

Later on, after some months, Raja Aj, went for hunting, and he came across the residence of that same saint,

who he had donated horse dung that morning.

Aj saw, there were big hills formed out of horse dung all over the place.

Aj shocked seeing all this, asked the sadhu about it.

Sadhu said, this is the boon of your donation, God has truly blessed you with hills of horse dung, what you donate you get back in return. Now

this will have to be eaten by you.

Aj asked the sadhu, What he should do to get rid of not eating the lidh/horse dung.

Sadhu said, Nindak's can decrease your load, those who do your ninda, will eat this horse dung.

That day, Raja Aj, went into the house of a prostitute, and said "my daughter, I need your help, please walk with me through the town today."

Seeing Raja Aj, with the prostitute walking together, the people of the town said all types of things, slandering him, having a queen wife at

home, and this shameful person is walking with a prostitute.

Due to ninda, This greatly reduced the hills of horse dung that were formed, as those nindaks had to eat it. But even then a small amount of it

was left.

Raja Aj, asked the Sadhu, why hasnt that small amount of horse lidh gone?

Sadhu said, "It is the same amount you donated, this amount you will have to eat it. What you give you are destined to get back also"

From that day, Raja Aj, everyday he used to eat small amounts of that lidh, and grieve over his mistake of donating lidh to the saint.

bharmat bharmat oohaaN hee moo-ay baahurh garihi na manjhaar. ||1||

The slanderer's minds are torn and death overtakes them and they return not to their homes.

naanak saran pari-o dukh bhanjan gun gaavai sadaa apaar.

Nanak has sought the refuge of God, the destroyer of Pain, and sings his infinite praise.

nindak kaa mukh kaalaa ho-aa deen dunee-aa kai darbaar. ||2||15||

The slanderers reputation is blackened in this world and the world beyond in the court of God.

Kathakaar is saying there is some time left, doing katha of Shabad in Bihaagraa Raag by Guru Tegh Bahadur ji.

In my own words..

Satguru ji says, this mind is like the tail of a dog, no matter how much good advice is given to it, it never wants to walk that path.

Then how can this foolish mind be made to follow the path of gursikhi.

Satguru ji is saying, daily keep your commitment, do naam simran even for less time, but do it. In this way you will come on the path.

Summary:

Satguru ji is telling us that only Parmatma is our real support, we should know that if we seek his support, by remembering him, by loving him

Noone can do any harm to us.

Satguru ji is telling us to stop ninda, and have good thoughts about all.

Please forgive mistakes.

Hukamnama Katha Translation of Wednesday 14/03/2007

Listen audio hukamnama here -> http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET101105.rm

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੩ ॥

सलोकु मः ३ ॥

salok mehlaa 3.

Shalok, Third Mehl:

ਹਸਤੀ ਸਿਰਿ ਜਿਉ ਅੰਕਸੁ ਹੈ ਅਹਰਣਿ ਜਿਉ ਸਿਰੁ ਦੇਇ ॥

हसती सिरि जिउ अंकसु है अहरणि जिउ सिरु देइ ॥

hastee sir ji-o ankas hai ahran ji-o sir day-ay.

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer;

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਆਗੈ ਰਾਖਿ ਕੈ ਊਭੀ ਸੇਵ ਕਰੇਇ ॥

मनु तनु आगै राखि कै ऊभी सेव करेइ ॥

man tan aagai raakh kai oobhee sayv karay-i.

just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him.

ਇਉ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਪੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਰਾਜੁ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਕਾ ਲੇਇ ॥

इउ गुरमुखि आपु निवारीऐ सभु राजु स्रिसटि का लेइ ॥

i-o gurmukh aap nivaaree-ai sabh raaj sarisat kaa lay-ay.

This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੁਝੀਐ ਜਾ ਆਪੇ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇਇ ॥੧॥

नानक गुरमुखि बुझीऐ जा आपे नदरि करेइ ॥१॥

naanak gurmukh bujhee-ai jaa aapay nadar karay-i. ||1||

O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. ||1||

ਮਃ ੩ ॥

मः ३ ॥

mehlaa 3.

Third Mehl:

ਜਿਨ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਆਏ ਤੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥

जिन गुरमुखि नामु धिआइआ आए ते परवाणु ॥

jin gurmukh naam Dhi-aa-i-aa aa-ay tay parvaan.

Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੁਲ ਉਧਾਰਹਿ ਆਪਣਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਮਾਣੁ ॥੨॥

नानक कुल उधारहि आपणा दरगह पावहि माणु ॥२॥

naanak kul uDhaareh aapnaa dargeh paavahi maan. ||2||

O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. ||2||

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

पउड़ी ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਖੀਆ ਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੇਲਾਈਆ ॥

गुरमुखि सखीआ सिख गुरू मेलाईआ ॥

gurmukh sakhee-aa sikh guroo maylaa-ee-aa.

The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord.

ਇਕਿ ਸੇਵਕ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ ਇਕਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਕਾਰੈ ਲਾਈਆ ॥

इकि सेवक गुर पासि इकि गुरि कारै लाईआ ॥

ik sayvak gur paas ik gur kaarai laa-ee-aa.

The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service.

ਜਿਨਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਿਤਿ ਤਿਨਾ ਭਾਉ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇਵਾਈਆ ॥

जिना गुरु पिआरा मनि चिति तिना भाउ गुरू देवाईआ ॥

jinaa gur pi-aaraa man chit tinaa bhaa-o guroo dayvaa-ee-aa.

Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love.

ਗੁਰ ਸਿਖਾ ਇਕੋ ਪਿਆਰੁ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਤਾ ਪੁਤਾ ਭਾਈਆ ॥

गुर सिखा इको पिआरु गुर मिता पुता भाईआ ॥

gur sikhaa iko pi-aar gur mitaa putaa bhaa-ee-aa.

The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings.

ਗੁਰੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਬੋਲਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਆਖਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀਵਾਈਆ ॥੧੪॥

गुरु सतिगुरु बोलहु सभि गुरु आखि गुरू जीवाईआ ॥१४॥

gur satgur bolhu sabh gur aakh guroo jeevaa-ee-aa. ||14||

So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. ||14||

Vaahiguroo Satguru Amardas ji has done kirpa on us and given us hukamnama, Upon whom Satguru ji is merciful, those fortunate ones receiving the hukam, obey Satguru ji and make their lives successful. Let us do veechar of todays hukam by Satguru ji on ang 647

salok mehlaa 3.

Shalok by Guru Amardas ji

hastee sir ji-o ankas hai ahran ji-o sir day-ay.

hastee - elephant

sir - head

ankas - reins of the elephant

ahran - anvil

Untrained elephant is chaotic and wild. But this changes after its trained.

It is controlled by the rein around its head, in the hands of the mahavat(the person who drives the elephant).

Same with the anvil, it offers itself to be hammered upon by the blacksmith.

man tan aagai raakh kai oobhee sayv karay-i.

man tan - mind body

aagai - forward, front

sayv - selfless seva

Just as an elephant obeys the reins

Just as an anvil has offered itself to the hammer.

We have to offer our mind and bodies at the service of Satguru ji.

All daily activities are related to the benefit of the self.

We do it for our own sake, or for our families, children etc

Daily, through simran, train the mind to remember parmatma all times,

Just as the untrained elephant is trained daily.

and Daily, engage in seva of Satguru,

In selfless service, ego dies away.

sukh hovai sayv kamaanee-aa.

peace comes, doing seva (selfless service)

sayvaa karat ho-ay nihkaamee.tis ka-o hot paraapat su-aamee.

Without thought of reward, perform seva, then you will obtain parmatma.

i-o gurmukh aap nivaaree-ai sabh raaj sarisat kaa lay-ay.

Offering ourselves to Satguru ji's hukam,

Offering our minds and bodies to Satguru's seva,

In this way, becoming gurmukhs, we renounce our ego.

and Satguru ji blesses with the rule of world.

aap chhod sayvaa karan jeevat mu-ay rahann. ||2||

renouncing ego, performing selfless service, they remain dead while alive. ||2||

naanak gurmukh bujhee-ai jaa aapay nadar karay-i. ||1||

Vaahiguroo, Ocean of Mercy, Forgiver of sinners, Sustainer of all,

when you bestow your merciful glance on us, we understand this true wisdom

mehlaa 3.

Paatshaahi Teejee/(3rd), Guru Amar Das Sahib ji

jin gurmukh naam Dhi-aa-i-aa aa-ay tay parvaan.

Only their birth in this world is considered successful, is approved,

who obeying Satguru, become gurmukhs and meditate on Parmatma's naam, Vaahiguroo

naanak kul uDhaareh aapnaa dargeh paavahi maan. ||2||

In this way, meditating on Parmatma's naam, Dhan Guru Nanak,

they save their whole family lineage and are honored in Parmatma's dargeh/court. ||2||

pa-orhee.

gurmukh sakhee-aa sikh guroo maylaa-ee-aa.

Those gurmuks who have given themselves to Satguru,

Satguru unites them in his own being.

ik sayvak gur paas ik gur kaarai laa-ee-aa.

Satguru ji keeps one near and engages another to do his seva.

jinaa gur pi-aaraa man chit tinaa bhaa-o guroo dayvaa-ee-aa.

Those who cherish Satguru ji in their minds, Satguru ji blesses them with the gift of love.

gur sikhaa iko pi-aar gur mitaa putaa bhaa-ee-aa.

Satguru loves all his sikhs equally, like his friends, sons, relatives.

gur satgur bolhu sabh gur aakh guroo jeevaa-ee-aa. ||14||

So say the name of Satgur, saying, you will be blessed with eternal life, Vaahiguroo

elephant.jpg

Let us offer ourselves to Satguru, as the elephant offers itself to the reins and the anvil to the hammer.

Bhul chuk maaf

Vaahiguroo jee ka khalsa, Vaahiguroo jee kee fateh.

Hukamnama katha of 16/03/2007

================

Below is the translated hukamnama katha of 5th March, 2007

================

ਵਡਹੰਸੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਦਖਣੀ ॥

वडहंसु महला १ दखणी ॥

vad-hans mehlaa 1 dakh-nee.

Wadahans, First Mehl, Dakhanee:

ਸਚੁ ਸਿਰੰਦਾ ਸਚਾ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਚੜਾ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰੋ ॥

सचु सिरंदा सचा जाणीऐ सचड़ा परवदगारो ॥

sach sirandaa sachaa jaanee-ai sachrhaa parvadgaaro.

The True Creator Lord is True - know this well; He is the True Sustainer.

ਜਿਨਿ ਆਪੀਨੈ ਆਪੁ ਸਾਜਿਆ ਸਚੜਾ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰੋ ॥

जिनि आपीनै आपु साजिआ सचड़ा अलख अपारो ॥

jin aapeenai aap saaji-aa sachrhaa alakh apaaro.

He Himself fashioned His Own Self; the True Lord is invisible and infinite.

ਦੁਇ ਪੁੜ ਜੋੜਿ ਵਿਛੋੜਿਅਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਘੋਰੁ ਅੰਧਾਰੋ ॥

दुइ पुड़ जोड़ि विछोड़िअनु गुर बिनु घोरु अंधारो ॥

du-ay purh jorh vichhorhi-an gur bin ghor anDhaaro.

He brought together, and then separated, the two grinding stones of the earth and the sky; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness.

ਸੂਰਜੁ ਚੰਦੁ ਸਿਰਜਿਅਨੁ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਚਲਤੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੋ ॥੧॥

सूरजु चंदु सिरजिअनु अहिनिसि चलतु वीचारो ॥१॥

sooraj chand sirji-an ahinis chalat veechaaro. ||1||

He created the sun and the moon; night and day, they move according to His Thought. ||1||

ਸਚੜਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਚੁ ਤੂ ਸਚੜਾ ਦੇਹਿ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

सचड़ा साहिबु सचु तू सचड़ा देहि पिआरो ॥ रहाउ ॥

sachrhaa saahib sach too sachrhaa deh pi-aaro. rahaa-o.

O True Lord and Master, You are True. O True Lord, bless me with Your Love. ||Pause||

ਤੁਧੁ ਸਿਰਜੀ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਵਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

तुधु सिरजी मेदनी दुखु सुखु देवणहारो ॥

tuDh sirjee maydnee dukh sukh dayvanhaaro.

You created the Universe; You are the Giver of pain and pleasure.

ਨਾਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਸਿਰਜਿਐ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥

नारी पुरख सिरजिऐ बिखु माइआ मोहु पिआरो ॥

naaree purakh sirji-ai bikh maa-i-aa moh pi-aaro.

You created woman and man, the love of poison, and emotional attachment to Maya.

ਖਾਣੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੇਰੀਆ ਦੇਹਿ ਜੀਆ ਆਧਾਰੋ ॥

खाणी बाणी तेरीआ देहि जीआ आधारो ॥

khaanee banee tayree-aa deh jee-aa aaDhaaro.

The four sources of creation, and the power of the Word, are also of Your making. You give Support to all beings.

ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਤਖਤੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਸਚਿ ਨਿਬੇੜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥੨॥

कुदरति तखतु रचाइआ सचि निबेड़णहारो ॥२॥

kudrat takhat rachaa-i-aa sach nibayrhanhaaro. ||2||

You have made the Creation as Your Throne; You are the True Judge. ||2||

ਆਵਾ ਗਵਣੁ ਸਿਰਜਿਆ ਤੂ ਥਿਰੁ ਕਰਣੈਹਾਰੋ ॥

आवा गवणु सिरजिआ तू थिरु करणैहारो ॥

aavaa gavan sirji-aa too thir karnaihaaro.

You created comings and goings, but You are ever-stable, O Creator Lord.

ਜੰਮਣੁ ਮਰਣਾ ਆਇ ਗਇਆ ਬਧਿਕੁ ਜੀਉ ਬਿਕਾਰੋ ॥

जमणु मरणा आइ गइआ बधिकु जीउ बिकारो ॥

jaman marnaa aa-ay ga-i-aa baDhik jee-o bikaaro.

In birth and death, in coming and going, this soul is held in bondage by corruption.

ਭੂਡੜੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਬੂਡੜੈ ਕਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਚਾਰੋ ॥

भूडड़ै नामु विसारिआ बूडड़ै किआ तिसु चारो ॥

bhoodrhai naam visaari-aa boodrhai ki-aa tis chaaro.

The evil person has forgotten the Naam; he has drowned - what can he do now?

ਗੁਣ ਛੋਡਿ ਬਿਖੁ ਲਦਿਆ ਅਵਗੁਣ ਕਾ ਵਣਜਾਰੋ ॥੩॥

गुण छोडि बिखु लदिआ अवगुण का वणजारो ॥३॥

gun chhod bikh ladi-aa avgun kaa vanjaaro. ||3||

Forsaking merit, he has loaded the poisonous cargo of demerits; he is a trader of sins. ||3||

ਸਦੜੇ ਆਏ ਤਿਨਾ ਜਾਨੀਆ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਚੇ ਕਰਤਾਰੋ ॥

सदड़े आए तिना जानीआ हुकमि सचे करतारो ॥

sad-rhay aa-ay tinaa jaanee-aa hukam sachay kartaaro.

The beloved soul has received the Call, the Command of the True Creator Lord.

ਨਾਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਵਿਛੁੰਨਿਆ ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਮੇਲਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

नारी पुरख विछुंनिआ विछुड़िआ मेलणहारो ॥

naaree purakh vichhunni-aa vichhurhi-aa maylanhaaro.

The soul, the husband, has become separated from the body, the bride. The Lord is the Re-uniter of the separated ones.

ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋਹਣੀਐ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਧੀ ਸਿਰਿ ਕਾਰੋ ॥

रूपु न जाणै सोहणीऐ हुकमि बधी सिरि कारो ॥

roop na jaanai sohnee-ai hukam baDhee sir kaaro.

No one cares for your beauty, O beautiful bride.; the Messenger of Death is bound only by the Lord Commander's Command.

ਬਾਲਕ ਬਿਰਧਿ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਤੋੜਨਿ ਹੇਤੁ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥੪॥

बालक बिरधि न जाणनी तोड़नि हेतु पिआरो ॥४॥

baalak biraDh na jaannee torhan hayt pi-aaro. ||4||

He does not distinguish between young children and old people; he tears apart love and affection. ||4||

ਨਉ ਦਰ ਠਾਕੇ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਚੈ ਹੰਸੁ ਗਇਆ ਗੈਣਾਰੇ ॥

नउ दर ठाके हुकमि सचै हंसु गइआ गैणारे ॥

na-o dar thaakay hukam sachai hans ga-i-aa gainaaray.

The nine doors are closed by the True Lord's Command, and the swan-soul takes flight into the skies.

ਸਾ ਧਨ ਛੁਟੀ ਮੁਠੀ ਝੂਠਿ ਵਿਧਣੀਆ ਮਿਰਤਕੜਾ ਅੰਙਨੜੇ ਬਾਰੇ ॥

सा धन छुटी मुठी झूठि विधणीआ मिरतकड़ा अंङनड़े बारे ॥

saa Dhan chhutee muthee jhooth viDh-nee-aa miratkarhaa annynarhay baaray.

The body-bride is separated, and defrauded by falsehood; she is now a widow - her husband's body lies dead in the courtyard.

ਸੁਰਤਿ ਮੁਈ ਮਰੁ ਮਾਈਏ ਮਹਲ ਰੁੰਨੀ ਦਰ ਬਾਰੇ ॥

सुरति मुई मरु माईए महल रुंनी दर बारे ॥

surat mu-ee mar maa-ee-ay mahal runnee dar baaray.

The widow cries out at the door, "The light of my mind has gone out, O my mother, with his death".

ਰੋਵਹੁ ਕੰਤ ਮਹੇਲੀਹੋ ਸਚੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰੇ ॥੫॥

रोवहु कंत महेलीहो सचे के गुण सारे ॥५॥

rovhu kant mahayleeho sachay kay gun saaray. ||5||

So cry out, O soul-brides of the Husband Lord, and dwell on the Glorious Praises of the True Lord. ||5||

ਜਲਿ ਮਲਿ ਜਾਨੀ ਨਾਵਾਲਿਆ ਕਪੜਿ ਪਟਿ ਅੰਬਾਰੇ ॥

जलि मलि जानी नावालिआ कपड़ि पटि अ्मबारे ॥

jal mal jaanee naavaali-aa kaparh pat ambaaray.

Her loved one is cleansed, bathed in water, and dressed in silken robes.

ਵਾਜੇ ਵਜੇ ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀਆ ਪੰਚ ਮੁਏ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੇ ॥

वाजे वजे सची बाणीआ पंच मुए मनु मारे ॥

vaajay vajay sachee baanee-aa panch mu-ay man maaray.

The musicians play, and the Bani of the True Lord's Words are sung; the five relatives feel as if they too are dead, so deadened are their minds.

ਜਾਨੀ ਵਿਛੁੰਨੜੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਰਣੁ ਭਇਆ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵਣੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

जानी विछुंनड़े मेरा मरणु भइआ ध्रिगु जीवणु संसारे ॥

jaanee vichhunnrhay mayraa maran bha-i-aa Dharig jeevan sansaaray.

Separation from my beloved is like death to me!" cries the widow".My life in this world is cursed and worthless!

ਜੀਵਤੁ ਮਰੈ ਸੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਪਿਰ ਸਚੜੈ ਹੇਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥੬॥

जीवतु मरै सु जाणीऐ पिर सचड़ै हेति पिआरे ॥६॥

jeevat marai so jaanee-ai pir sachrhai hayt pi-aaray. ||6||

But she alone is approved, who dies, while yet still alive; she lives for the sake of the Love of her Beloved. ||6||

ਤੁਸੀ ਰੋਵਹੁ ਰੋਵਣ ਆਈਹੋ ਝੂਠਿ ਮੁਠੀ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

तुसी रोवहु रोवण आईहो झूठि मुठी संसारे ॥

tusee rovhu rovan aa-eeho jhooth muthee sansaaray.

So cry out in mourning, you who have come to mourn; this world is false and fraudulent.

ਹਉ ਮੁਠੜੀ ਧੰਧੈ ਧਾਵਣੀਆ ਪਿਰਿ ਛੋਡਿਅੜੀ ਵਿਧਣਕਾਰੇ ॥

हउ मुठड़ी धंधै धावणीआ पिरि छोडिअड़ी विधणकारे ॥

ha-o muth-rhee DhanDhai Dhaavanee-aa pir chhodi-arhee viDhankaaray.

I too have been defrauded, chasing after worldly entanglements; my Husband Lord has forsaken me - I practice the evil deeds of a wife without a spouse.

ਘਰਿ ਘਰਿ ਕੰਤੁ ਮਹੇਲੀਆ ਰੂੜੈ ਹੇਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥

घरि घरि कंतु महेलीआ रूड़ै हेति पिआरे ॥

ghar ghar kant mahaylee-aa roorhai hayt pi-aaray.

In each and every home, are the brides of the Husband Lord; they gaze upon their Handsome Lord with love and affection.

ਮੈ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਲਾਹਣਾ ਹਉ ਰਹਸਿਅੜੀ ਨਾਮਿ ਭਤਾਰੇ ॥੭॥

मै पिरु सचु सालाहणा हउ रहसिअड़ी नामि भतारे ॥७॥

mai pir sach salaahnaa ha-o rehsi-arhee naam bhataaray. ||7||

I sing the Praises of my True Husband Lord, and through the Naam, the Name of my Husband Lord, I blossom forth. ||7||

ਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਵੇਸੁ ਪਲਟਿਆ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਸਚੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੋ ॥

गुरि मिलिऐ वेसु पलटिआ सा धन सचु सीगारो ॥

gur mili-ai vays palti-aa saa Dhan sach seegaaro.

Meeting with the Guru, the soul-bride's dress is transformed, and she is adorned with Truth.

ਆਵਹੁ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਸਹੇਲੀਹੋ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

आवहु मिलहु सहेलीहो सिमरहु सिरजणहारो ॥

aavhu milhu sahayleeho simrahu sirjanhaaro.

Come and meet with me, O brides of the Lord; let's meditate in remembrance on the Creator Lord.

ਬਈਅਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਹਾਗਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਸਵਾਰਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

बईअरि नामि सोहागणी सचु सवारणहारो ॥

ba-ee-ar naam sohaaganee sach savaaranhaaro.

Through the Naam, the soul-bride becomes the Lord's favorite; she is adorned with Truth.

ਗਾਵਹੁ ਗੀਤੁ ਨ ਬਿਰਹੜਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬੀਚਾਰੋ ॥੮॥੩॥

गावहु गीतु न बिरहड़ा नानक ब्रहम बीचारो ॥८॥३॥

gaavhu geet na birharhaa naanak barahm beechaaro. ||8||3||

Do not sing the songs of separation, O Nanak; reflect upon God. ||8||3||

Ocean of mercy, all powerful unchanging throughout all time, Possessor of the eternal throne and supreme chattr(parasol,canopy),

true friend Satguru ji.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj ji, sweet, amrit nectar your words, sacred, holy, purifying your presence.

guroo pyaroo, kirpa of Satguru ji, as per the words,

"mai moorakh deho updesh",

we moorakhs, of less intellect, are receiving hukamnama updesh from the king of both worlds,

during amrit vela hours at Sri Darbar Sahib ji, Amritsar.

Todays hukamnama by Satguru Nanak Sahib ji is in Raag Wadahans, Dakhnee Boli

the rahaa-o line of this pure holy shabad, containing the main theme of the shabad,

Satguru ji is saying,

Only the one self existent Parmatma is true eternal, and all created creation is false perishable.

we all are subject to the punishment of death, but we know not that time, when death will come for us.

In all beings is Parmatma present, then some people have thought, that when the person dies, then maybe parmatma within also dies.

But in todays Shabad, Satguru ji has made us understand that Parmatma doesnt die.

In reality, according to hindu philosophy, in our minds we have settled on the fear of death.

But in the light of Gurmat, noone dies.

nah ko moo-aa na marnai jog.

No one dies; no one is capable of dying.

nah binsai abhinaasee hog. ||3||

The soul does not perish; it is imperishable. ||3||

sweet words of Satguru ji

Why doesnt anyone die?

Lets read think about the first lines of above shabad in raamkalee Raag by SatGuru Arjan Dev ji on Ang 885,

pavnai meh pavan samaa-i-aa.

The wind merges into the wind.

jotee meh jot ral jaa-i-aa.

The light blends into the light.

maatee maatee ho-ee ayk.

The dust becomes one with the dust.

rovanhaaray kee kavan tayk. ||1||

What support is there for the one who is lamenting? ||1||

Air, Water, Sky, Fire, Earth from these five elements is formed the body, but when the body is no more, then we think its death.

These five elements created by Parmatma, they dont die, when the body dies.

When the body dies, then dust mixes with the dust, then the air thats in the body, mixes with the air, becoming one.

Then the light that is in the body blends with the light, then what is talk of crying here or being sad?

We are nothing, But yes, when the five elements join together, we are called manukh human.

But when these five elements separate, we may think "that person is dead" ?

Who dies?

Kabeer ji is saying to mullah,

"you are doing the sacrifice of the sheep, but who is in that sheep,

noone is there, noone is dying, of what you are doing sacrifice?"

"you have caught the sheep, you are sacrificing a body of dust, what dust sacrifice for?"

"There is lots of dust, what will sacrificing dust do then? You yourself have said that the soul doesnt die, then who is dead when you have cut this sheep?"

Think of death in the light of Brahm, within Brahm what comes and what goes, its unchanging.

Who dies? noone dies

Kaho naanak gur bharam chukaa-i-aa.

Satguru Nanak has dispelled my doubt.

naa ko-ee marai na aavai jaa-i-aa. ||4||10||

No one dies; no one comes or goes. ||4||10||

When the soul leaves the body, then it is judged only according to its deeds and actions that it did here,

one may do various paths after the person has left the body.

from that only the listener will be benefitted, but the soul will be judged only on its deeds.

Creation is perishable, it keeps changing,

the old one will go , the new one will come, everyone is coming and going.

Only the rare one understands this and doesnt attach ownself to anyone.

Only the rare one, doesnt lament when one soul leaves the body.

It is the gift of parmatma, who gives and takes.

Only the rare one understands this hukam of Parmatma, and abides carefree in the hukam.

We should not lament over the death of anyone, it is the gift of parmatma, who gives and takes.

Let us before contemplating the hukamnama shabad say with single mind

Satinaam Vaahiguroo

Wad-hans mehlaa 1 dakh-nee.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji is giving us the hukamnama in Wadhans Raag and

Dakhni boli, (words influence of the southern(dakhan) Indian part/direction)

Sirandaa - creator, who has created, fashioned all

Sachaa - true, Real

Parmatma is the only real Creator of all, causing all to be born, to be fashioned.

Only Parmatma is true. Rest everything that is seen is an illusion.

Rest all is not real, Know it as a dream that vanishes upon waking.

Three types of works are being done in the world.

It is of nourishing the beings that are already here, and of destroying and creating new ones.

If there was no destroying, if people didnt die, then there would be so many that it would not be possible to manage it

and if there was no creating then there would be noone left, these three are essential works being done in the world

Only one Parmatma is alone, who doesnt die. Rest all dies.

Only one Parmatma is feeding, nourishing all, Not any god vishnu

Only one Parmatma is creating and destroying, not any other gods and goddesses.

Parmatma is the only true one.

Parmatma created his own self.

Self existent Self created

Parmatma is the power in all

Unseen Parmatma Infinite

Satguru ji, has seen the one Parmatma in all and have told us.

Sabh may joth joth hai soi

In all is light that light is you

Parmatma brought the two grinding stones of the earth and the sky, and created the creation.

Without the Guru there is darkness ignorance, without the Guru this is not known understood.

The sun and moon are under the command of Parmatma

They move as per the command hukam of Parmtma,

When the earth comes closer to sun, we get summer, pulling moisture from the oceans, forming clouds, it rains.

when earth moves farther then winter,

All nature is under the control of Parmatma.

Even sun moves around in a orbit.

Scientists are saying that if the sun moves even one inch closer to Earth,

then the increased heating of the earth will cause havoc, making life impossible

Same if the Sun moves even one inch farther from the earth,

there would be so much cold, making havoc and life impossible for us.

All Powerful is the hukam of Parmatma

pervading in every detail, every particle

wondrous is the hukam of Parmatma

Parmatma you are true, you love us all.

People of the world love us for their own meanings and needs.

Parmatma, only you love us truly.

Parmatma, we are the one who are at fault, giving our love to the false.

Parmatma, you are all knowing, you are the giver of sukh dukh.

If Parmatma you only created pleasures, comforts then this world would not have progressed anywhere.

It would just become lazy, idle, no work, no achievements, why would anyone require to remember you Parmatma

If you just wanted create dukh, then this world would have just been destroyed.

Whenever you have created a disease,

you have also inspired, created the medicine for it soon after

Dukh daroo Sukh rog bhaia

Satguru ji has told us our medicine is dukh,

Knowing pleasure in Dukh, only the gurmukh pyara can know this.

In dukh we remember parmatma more, in sukh we become very careless in rememebering Parmatma.

When there is too much pleasures, too much maya, then what is the need of getting up early to praise you Parmatma,

Kabeer ji is saying,

what is the need for asking for sukh, if after sukh, it is dukh that comes.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji is saying,

Parmatma, Dukh and sukh are your gifts, because of these we remember you.

You are the giver of dukh and sukh.

Never think that it is because of someother person that you are suffering or enjoying in pleasure.

They directly come from Parmatma.

If we all ask for the gift of son, and noone wishes for the gift of daughter, then with whom will we marry the sons?

When there is son, then there is rejoicing, when Parmatma gives the gift of daughter, then no rejoicing.

This means we are not happy with the hukam of Parmatma.

friendship is with woman, marriage with woman.

From woman are kings, saints born; why call her bad?

Parmatma has created both woman and man,

and also created love for the illusion,

all these are plays of Parmatma

According to the hindu philosophy, there are four sources of creation,

Born of egg, and filth(like germs),

Born of womb, Born of Vegetation

Guru Nanak Sahib ji has said, in Japji

kaytee-aa khaanee

Meaning there are many more sources of creation other then four mentioned above.

kaytee-aa banee

Same way there are, Many types of banee/sounds.

Parmatma, you are the creator of all, and you are also their support.

Parmatma, within all you are sitting, and you are watching everyone's deeds,

No chitr or gupt, the recording angels are required for you,

you have no need to write or note this down, you know everything that is going on.

Birth and death, you have created this means, and but you never take birth or die.

You are eternal.

This person, takes births and dies because of his deeds, because of his karma.

This person, who is attached to maya, mansions, family, husband, wife, children.

As per these associations, this person takes birth again and again.

This person has forgotten and is deluded, only if he asks for your help, Satguru ji, can he be saved.

That person who themselves want to drown in this world ocean, what help can be given to them?

There are very less people who are merciful or are kind,

There are very less people who have love even for evil people.

Take a look at the life of Satguru Nanak Ji,

who even went to evil kauda rakhshash and uplifted him, who even uplifted people like sajjan thug.

Satguru Nanak ji, went to all the evil places, and uplifted all.

We should take example from Satguru ji and not feel shame to go to evil places and bring people out of these evils.

Those who leave this world, Satguru ji is saying, don't cry for them.

They come and go in the hukam of Parmatma.

When the husband dies, the wife is separated.

By being in this world and entangled in maya, we all are separated from Parmatma,

we all are the wives of our husband Parmatma.

The messenger of death created by Parmatma, does not take into account the beauty of a person,

That messenger does not care for such.

The messenger of death does not take into account young or old. Whether a small baby or old, its the same.

Death does not let a small baby live four more extra years.

Death does not take into account an old wise person who distributes knowledge,

Death feels no sympathy towards anyone.

Death considers nothing, when the time of death comes, it takes all along.

The nine doors close, when death comes.

two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, urinary aperture and one anus

and the soul swan flies away into akaash /gainaaray/ space

The defrauded widow-body is now separated from the soul swan who has left her, as the dead body is lying in the courtyard.

The widow then cries out at the door, "My husband has gone, O my mother".

Satguru ji, is saying don't cry out for the dead, you yourself will die one day.

You are separated from your husband Lord, so cry out for that and dwell on the glorious praises of the True Husband lord.

When one is dead, the body is washed with water, and then the fine clothes are put on the dead body.

Then at that time of death, instruments are played, and True Bani is said.

Hindus say, "Ram Ram Sat Hai" walking along the dead body.

We, Sikhs are instructed to say Satinaam Vaahiguroo.

At the time of death, the loved ones of the dead person,

are convinced in thier minds, that they will never meet the person again.

Their Friends and relatives, think that "Now cursed is our life, cursed is our living without our loved one"

They say like that.

But Satguru is telling them,

You are separated from your husband Parmatma, think of this and then curse your living in separation from the True Parmatma.

Not for anyone else.

Only that death is approved, who is dead while still alive.

Renounce maya and become a slave of Satguru ji.

Become Jivan Mukat. Freed, liberated while living.

In this way, you will have love for Parmatma, when you are dead while still alive.

when you are free from hope in the midst of hope.

You have to come to cry in mourning, so cry out and mourn, as this whole world is a false mirage.

We have been defrauded, we are without our husband lord, attaching ourselves to worldy entanglements, our beloved Parmatma has left us.

Within your home is your beloved parmatma,

Within your own self, is your beloved parmamta,

enshrine love for the one Parmatma, who is within you.

That person, who praises the one True husband within, remains happy always.

and through the Naam, the Name of the Husband Lord, that person is blessed.

When Satguru ji is met,

Then the person is separated from the world and united with Parmatma.

Separated from maya and United with the Truth.

Uniting with Parmatma, this is our only true decoration.

Come all friends, Sat sangio, lets meet and remember our True Creator Parmatma.

ba-ee-ar - meaning soul-bride

the soul bride is called wedded only through the name of Parmatma.

Parmatma, himself does kirpa on us, and creates us and then reunites us back with his ownself.

Satguru Nanak ji is saying, do not sing the songs of separation, but contemplate the virtues of the One All pervading Parmatma.

Bhul chuk maaf karni

hukamnama Katha Translation of March 5th, 2007

ਬਿਹਾਗੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥

बिहागड़ा महला ४ ॥

bihaagarhaa mehlaa 4.

Bihaagraa, Fourth Mehl:

ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਿਓ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੂੜ ਇਆਣੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

जिन हरि हरि नामु न चेतिओ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए ते मनमुख मूड़ इआणे राम ॥

jin har har naam na chayti-o mayree jindurhee-ay tay manmukh moorh i-aanay raam.

Those who do not remember the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O my soul - those self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant.

ਜੋ ਮੋਹਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਦੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਸੇ ਅੰਤਿ ਗਏ ਪਛੁਤਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

जो मोहि माइआ चितु लाइदे मेरी जिंदुड़ीए से अंति गए पछुताणे राम ॥

jo mohi maa-i-aa chit laa-iday mayree jindurhee-ay say ant ga-ay pachhutaanay raam.

Those who attach their consciousness to emotional attachment and Maya, O my soul, depart regretfully in the end.

ਹਰਿ ਦਰਗਹ ਢੋਈ ਨਾ ਲਹਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਪਾਪਿ ਲੁਭਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

हरि दरगह ढोई ना लहन्हि मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो मनमुख पापि लुभाणे राम ॥

har dargeh dho-ee naa lahniH mayree jindurhee-ay jo manmukh paap lubhaanay raam.

They find no place of rest in the Court of the Lord, O my soul; those self-willed manmukhs are deluded by sin.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਉਬਰੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਣੇ ਰਾਮ ॥੧॥

जन नानक गुर मिलि उबरे मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि जपि हरि नामि समाणे राम ॥१॥

jan naanak gur mil ubray mayree jindurhee-ay har jap har naam samaanay raam. ||1||

O servant Nanak, those who meet the Guru are saved, O my soul; chanting the Name of the Lord, they are absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||1||

ਸਭਿ ਜਾਇ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕਉ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਵੈ ਰਾਮ ॥

सभि जाइ मिलहु सतिगुरू कउ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो हरि हरि नामु द्रिड़ावै राम ॥

sabh jaa-ay milhu satguroo ka-o mayree jindurhee-ay jo har har naam darirh-aavai raam.

Go, everyone, and meet the True Guru; O my soul, He implants the Name of the Lord, Har, har, within the heart.

ਹਰਿ ਜਪਦਿਆ ਖਿਨੁ ਢਿਲ ਨ ਕੀਜਈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਮਤੁ ਕਿ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਾਹੁ ਆਵੈ ਕਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ ॥

हरि जपदिआ खिनु ढिल न कीजई मेरी जिंदुड़ीए मतु कि जापै साहु आवै कि न आवै राम ॥

har japdi-aa khin dhil na keej-ee mayree jindurhee-ay mat ke jaapai saahu aavai ke na aavai raam.

Do not hesitate for an instant - meditate on the Lord, O my soul; who knows whether he shall draw another breath?

ਸਾ ਵੇਲਾ ਸੋ ਮੂਰਤੁ ਸਾ ਘੜੀ ਸੋ ਮੁਹਤੁ ਸਫਲੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ ॥

सा वेला सो मूरतु सा घड़ी सो मुहतु सफलु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जितु हरि मेरा चिति आवै राम ॥

saa vaylaa so moorat saa gharhee so muhat safal hai mayree jindurhee-ay jit har mayraa chit aavai raam.

That time, that moment, that instant, that second is so fruitful, O my soul, when my Lord comes into my mind.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਮਕੰਕਰੁ ਨੇੜਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ ॥੨॥

जन नानक नामु धिआइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जमकंकरु नेड़ि न आवै राम ॥२॥

jan naanak naam Dhi-aa-i-aa mayree jindurhee-ay jamkankar nayrh na aavai raam. ||2||

Servant Nanak has meditated on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O my soul, and now, the Messenger of Death does not draw near him. ||2||

ਹਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਸੁਣੈ ਨਿਤ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਸੋ ਡਰੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਪਾਪ ਕਮਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

हरि वेखै सुणै नित सभु किछु मेरी जिंदुड़ीए सो डरै जिनि पाप कमते राम ॥

har vaykhai sunai nit sabh kichh mayree jindurhee-ay so darai jin paap kamtay raam.

The Lord continually watches, and hears everything, O my soul; he alone is afraid, who commits sins.

ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਹਿਰਦਾ ਸੁਧੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤਿਨਿ ਜਨਿ ਸਭਿ ਡਰ ਸੁਟਿ ਘਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

जिसु अंतरु हिरदा सुधु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए तिनि जनि सभि डर सुटि घते राम ॥

jis antar hirdaa suDh hai mayree jindurhee-ay tin jan sabh dar sut ghatay raam.

One whose heart is pure within, O my soul, casts off all his fears.

ਹਰਿ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਾਮਿ ਪਤੀਜਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਸਭਿ ਝਖ ਮਾਰਨੁ ਦੁਸਟ ਕੁਪਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

हरि निरभउ नामि पतीजिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए सभि झख मारनु दुसट कुपते राम ॥

har nirbha-o naam pateeji-aa mayree jindurhee-ay sabh jhakh maaran dusat kuptay raam.

One who has faith in the Fearless Name of the Lord, O my soul - all his enemies and attackers speak against him in vain.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਾਨਕਿ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਨਿ ਪੈਰੀ ਆਣਿ ਸਭਿ ਘਤੇ ਰਾਮ ॥੩॥

गुरु पूरा नानकि सेविआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जिनि पैरी आणि सभि घते राम ॥३॥

gur pooraa naanak sayvi-aa mayree jindurhee-ay jin pairee aan sabh ghatay raam. ||3||

Nanak has served the Perfect Guru, O my soul, who causes all to fall at His feet. ||3||

ਸੋ ਐਸਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਸੇਵੀਐ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਸਭ ਦੂ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਵਡਾ ਰਾਮ ॥

सो ऐसा हरि नित सेवीऐ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो सभ दू साहिबु वडा राम ॥

so aisaa har nit sayvee-ai mayree jindurhee-ay jo sabh doo saahib vadaa raam.

Serve such a Lord continuously, O my soul, who is the Great Lord and Master of all.

ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਇਕ ਮਨਿ ਇਕੁ ਅਰਾਧਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤਿਨਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਚਡਾ ਰਾਮ ॥

जिन्ही इक मनि इकु अराधिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए तिना नाही किसै दी किछु चडा राम ॥

jinHee ik man ik araaDhi-aa mayree jindurhee-ay tinaa naahee kisai dee kichh chadaa raam.

Those who single-mindedly worship Him in adoration, O my soul, are not subservient to anyone.

ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਿਐ ਹਰਿ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਝਖ ਮਾਰਨੁ ਸਭਿ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਘੰਡਾ ਰਾਮ ॥

गुर सेविऐ हरि महलु पाइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए झख मारनु सभि निंदक घंडा राम ॥

gur sayvi-ai har mahal paa-i-aa mayree jindurhee-ay jhakh maaran sabh nindak ghandaa raam.

Serving the Guru, I have obtained the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, O my soul; all the slanderers and trouble-makers bark in vain.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਹਰਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਛਡਾ ਰਾਮ ॥੪॥੫॥

जन नानक नामु धिआइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए धुरि मसतकि हरि लिखि छडा राम ॥४॥५॥

jan naanak naam Dhi-aa-i-aa mayree jindurhee-ay Dhur mastak har likh chhadaa raam. ||4||5||

Servant Nanak has meditated on the Name, O my soul; such is the pre-ordained destiny which the Lord written on his forehead. ||4||5||

Satguru having great mercy on us has given us this hukamnama. Worldy people are engrossed in stress, tensions, worries, anxieties, Guru Ram Das ji seeing this has given us this hukamnama. The reason for all these anxieties and stress is because people have broken thier contact with God.

That child who stays within the lines marked by their parents, stays safe. Their Parents are responsible for what happens to their child. Those children who cross the lines and are not obedient, they encounter so many various troubles in thier life.

Same way, those sikhs of the Guru, who stay within the lines marked by thier Gurus, and are obedient to their Guru, those who stay in the hukam of the Guru, and do simran, the Guru is responsible for thier welfare. The Guru will take care of them.

Today's hukamnama in Bihaagraa Raag, by Sri Guru Ram Das ji is explaining us that those who have not attached themselves to Gurus Teaching, they are wasting their lives. Some people have ages like 50yrs, some 18, some 80, some 67, but if they have not attached themselves to Guru, they are still children. They have not learnt the true way of life.

Those gurmukh pyaray even though their age is very less, they do not attach or focus their love / consciousness on anything else other then simran of God's name, on the virtues qualities of God.

Satguru ji is saying those are moorakh's, who do not do God's devotional simran

Those who have attached to, those are caught in the chains of maya.

Those who are focussed on collecting more and more wealth, property; who are attached to their relatives, parents, friends, spouses, those who are attached to thier children and grandchildren and so on.

Satguru ji is saying that those who are caught in this enticing maya of world, In the very end of their lives they will regret and repent, crying they will leave this world.

dho-ee - access, admittance

They will not get their place of rest, their access to God's court sachkhand.

Such people are revelling in their useless affairs, gossip disgracing others, lying, false praising, those on whose tongue is nothing but filth, following thier own minds, not doing simran, engaging in useless activities.

In the dargeh of God, only the truthful are honored, truthful beings only can sit near God. The False will not find entry there.

Those beings who listen to the advice of Guru, they are saved from this corruptions.

Dhuni Chand has collected a lot of wealth and is engrossed in Wealth. Satguru ji, took some of his belongings, and told him that, Dhuni chand, we will give you this in the next world. Then Dhuni Chand understood this lesson, that Satguru ji was trying to teach him. That nothing will go with him to the next world.

Satguroo ji is there for us at all times. Never does he get tired talking, giving us updesh, nor does he say I dont have time for you, nor does he ignore. Such a beloved Satguru we have. Satguru ji is the only true companion anyone has, our relatives, friends, etc so on are all false.

Our Satguru gives us the true name of the Lord, on whose support the entire existence relies. why leave such a satguru, why not do simran? why attach to another?

Those who have come to the sanctuary, those who have absorbed in them the teachings of Satguru. Satguru ji has given them the naam.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Ram Das ji, is telling us do not be lazy, do not delay, do not hesitate to chant meditate on God's name. At the very last moment you won't be able to remember God, who knows how long will there be breath in this body.

Here's an example, to dig a well, and use that water to extinguish the fire which is burning the house right now. It is the same case as delaying in remembering God's name, leaving it for later and later, at the very last moment till death comes, or say I will do simran when Im 60, but who gives you the guarantee that you will live upto that age.

You do not Know when your breath will leave you, so do not delay in remembering God's name.

Just as hindus have 10 festival, blessed days, like the dusshera, pooranmashi, moon eclipse etc etc,

Satguru ji is saying to his sikh, that moment when you remember God's name, that day, that moment is blessed.

That day for us is very bad, when we are broken, unconscious of our Lord, let that day be any day, any special occasion, Gurpurab, Gur Gaddi divas.

O my soul, Guru Ram Das ji is making me understand that the messenger of death or troubles will not come near , if you remember God's name.

God is at all times with us, seeing, listening to our every deeds that we are doing.

God knows everything. God knows how many ants there are on this earth, How many humans, animals there are. How many trees vegetation there is. how many stars, God knows everything, is seeing everything, every moment, God is looking and God knows and God is forever merciful to all.

But just as in school , some children they do not listen to masters teaching, and fail in thier test, in the same way those beings who do not listen to the Teaching of Guru, they fail in life, lose their human lives. Those beings earn sins paap

those people who are obedient to Guru, they are not troubled by anxieties, troubles. Those whose minds are pure, those who have learnt to live in the hukam of the Guru, they have fear of nothing. They have no fear from relatives, death, or maya, anyone.

God's name is without fear, God is without hatred for anyone. When our mind is absorbed in God, who is without fear, without hatred, then the corruption of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar they will get tired of troubling us, and we do not again wander in doubt.

Even if maya is thrown towards them, even if Lot's of wealth, luxuries, very beautiful women/men come to them, they do not waver ever from God's name. To them the whole world is their family, they have no pride of anything.

Satguru ji is saying those beings who have absorbed themselves in God's name, the fives theives get tired to trouble them again.

Small children who see a fire, find it amusing, and go to put thier hand in it, Just as a mother knows and takes care of this by keeping an eye on the child at all times.

In the same way, the sikh of the Guru, is at all times protected by Satguru ji, Satguru ji takes care of his sikh and prevents him from falling down into something which will cause his sikh pain.

No doubt, the sikh must be lured by the maya of the world, but Satguru ji again and again saves his sikh from such things. Satguru ji says to his Sikh, do not go there, they will burn you, these attachments of maya, they will bite you, as a snake bites its enemy to death.

Then just as a child of the mother then cries, when the Mother takes him away from the luring fire. In the same way, the sikh of the Guru will cry also, and will feel sad within his/her heart, As the sikh learns and grows, having true faith in Satguru ji, and will realize that his/her Good is in the words of the Guru.

Like a blind person does not know if he will fall in a ditch, but a gurmukh person saves him,

Same way, Satguru ji saves his sikh from falling in the ditch.

Satguru ji is saying those who have served the Guru, those who have did simran, all their corruption is gone.

In sikh dharm, there are two main things, seva and simran. Seva can be that which we have to do make and realize those who are wandering to bring them on the path of sikhi, Those who by reason of caste, poor, illiteracy reasons, do not have knowledge of sikhi, we have to do their seva and tell them there is no difference in you and me, come lets walk on the path of the sikhi. Simran is of such a Satguru who gives us this true advice.

We think that we are serving Satguru ji, but it is Satguru ji who is doing our seva. Satguru ji who gives us sunlight, who gives us air to breathe, who has given us night time to rest, who has given us so much that there is no account. Who has given us food, water to drink. Satguru ji is doing a lot of seva for us.

ik araaDhi-aa means

single mindedly worship focus on the true lord.

Sometimes our mind thinks of people, places, and various conversations, thoughts, sometimes we think of astrologers, sometimes of gods and goddesses like brahma vishnu, parvati etc etc

Ik araahdhi-aa means single-mindedly devote our mind to the one Lord and do not think of anything else.

Satguru ji is saying those who have devoted themselves to God, single mindedly , they do not have any more desires left.

Those who have remembered Satguru ji, those who have served satguru, they have realized the true home of God. They have become one with God.

Those who have meditated on God, God has given them abundant blessings, From the very begnning of time, this is thier written destiny.

Vahiguru jee ka khalsa, Vahiguru jee ki fateh

Hukamnama of 17/03/07

Katha translation in my own words, forgive any errors

You can listen audio Hukamnama here -> http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET050307.rm

ਵਡਹੰਸੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਦਖਣੀ ॥

वडहंसु महला १ दखणी ॥

vad-hans mehlaa 1 dakh-nee.

Wadahans, First Mehl, Dakhanee:

ਸਚੁ ਸਿਰੰਦਾ ਸਚਾ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਚੜਾ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰੋ ॥

सचु सिरंदा सचा जाणीऐ सचड़ा परवदगारो ॥

The True Creator Lord is True - know this well; He is the True Sustainer.

ਜਿਨਿ ਆਪੀਨੈ ਆਪੁ ਸਾਜਿਆ ਸਚੜਾ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰੋ ॥

जिनि आपीनै आपु साजिआ सचड़ा अलख अपारो ॥

He Himself fashioned His Own Self; the True Lord is invisible and infinite.

ਦੁਇ ਪੁੜ ਜੋੜਿ ਵਿਛੋੜਿਅਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਘੋਰੁ ਅੰਧਾਰੋ ॥

दुइ पुड़ जोड़ि विछोड़िअनु गुर बिनु घोरु अंधारो ॥

He brought together, and then separated, the two grinding stones of the earth and the sky; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness.

ਸੂਰਜੁ ਚੰਦੁ ਸਿਰਜਿਅਨੁ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਚਲਤੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੋ ॥੧॥

सूरजु चंदु सिरजिअनु अहिनिसि चलतु वीचारो ॥१॥

He created the sun and the moon; night and day, they move according to His Thought. ||1||

ਸਚੜਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਚੁ ਤੂ ਸਚੜਾ ਦੇਹਿ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

सचड़ा साहिबु सचु तू सचड़ा देहि पिआरो ॥ रहाउ ॥

O True Lord and Master, You are True. O True Lord, bless me with Your Love. ||Pause||

ਤੁਧੁ ਸਿਰਜੀ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਵਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

तुधु सिरजी मेदनी दुखु सुखु देवणहारो ॥

You created the Universe; You are the Giver of pain and pleasure.

ਨਾਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਸਿਰਜਿਐ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥

नारी पुरख सिरजिऐ बिखु माइआ मोहु पिआरो ॥

You created woman and man, the love of poison, and emotional attachment to Maya.

ਖਾਣੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੇਰੀਆ ਦੇਹਿ ਜੀਆ ਆਧਾਰੋ ॥

खाणी बाणी तेरीआ देहि जीआ आधारो ॥

The four sources of creation, and the power of the Word, are also of Your making. You give Support to all beings.

ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਤਖਤੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਸਚਿ ਨਿਬੇੜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥੨॥

कुदरति तखतु रचाइआ सचि निबेड़णहारो ॥२॥

You have made the Creation as Your Throne; You are the True Judge. ||2||

ਆਵਾ ਗਵਣੁ ਸਿਰਜਿਆ ਤੂ ਥਿਰੁ ਕਰਣੈਹਾਰੋ ॥

आवा गवणु सिरजिआ तू थिरु करणैहारो ॥

You created comings and goings, but You are ever-stable, O Creator Lord.

ਜੰਮਣੁ ਮਰਣਾ ਆਇ ਗਇਆ ਬਧਿਕੁ ਜੀਉ ਬਿਕਾਰੋ ॥

जमणु मरणा आइ गइआ बधिकु जीउ बिकारो ॥

In birth and death, in coming and going, this soul is held in bondage by corruption.

ਭੂਡੜੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਬੂਡੜੈ ਕਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਚਾਰੋ ॥

भूडड़ै नामु विसारिआ बूडड़ै किआ तिसु चारो ॥

The evil person has forgotten the Naam; he has drowned - what can he do now?

ਗੁਣ ਛੋਡਿ ਬਿਖੁ ਲਦਿਆ ਅਵਗੁਣ ਕਾ ਵਣਜਾਰੋ ॥੩॥

गुण छोडि बिखु लदिआ अवगुण का वणजारो ॥३॥

Forsaking merit, he has loaded the poisonous cargo of demerits; he is a trader of sins. ||3||

ਸਦੜੇ ਆਏ ਤਿਨਾ ਜਾਨੀਆ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਚੇ ਕਰਤਾਰੋ ॥

सदड़े आए तिना जानीआ हुकमि सचे करतारो ॥

The beloved soul has received the Call, the Command of the True Creator Lord.

ਨਾਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਵਿਛੁੰਨਿਆ ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਮੇਲਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

नारी पुरख विछुंनिआ विछुड़िआ मेलणहारो ॥

The soul, the husband, has become separated from the body, the bride. The Lord is the Re-uniter of the separated ones.

ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋਹਣੀਐ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਧੀ ਸਿਰਿ ਕਾਰੋ ॥

रूपु न जाणै सोहणीऐ हुकमि बधी सिरि कारो ॥

No one cares for your beauty, O beautiful bride.; the Messenger of Death is bound only by the Lord Commander's Command.

ਬਾਲਕ ਬਿਰਧਿ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਤੋੜਨਿ ਹੇਤੁ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥੪॥

बालक बिरधि न जाणनी तोड़नि हेतु पिआरो ॥४॥

He does not distinguish between young children and old people; he tears apart love and affection. ||4||

ਨਉ ਦਰ ਠਾਕੇ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਸਚੈ ਹੰਸੁ ਗਇਆ ਗੈਣਾਰੇ ॥

नउ दर ठाके हुकमि सचै हंसु गइआ गैणारे ॥

The nine doors are closed by the True Lord's Command, and the swan-soul takes flight into the skies.

ਸਾ ਧਨ ਛੁਟੀ ਮੁਠੀ ਝੂਠਿ ਵਿਧਣੀਆ ਮਿਰਤਕੜਾ ਅੰਙਨੜੇ ਬਾਰੇ ॥

सा धन छुटी मुठी झूठि विधणीआ मिरतकड़ा अंङनड़े बारे ॥

The body-bride is separated, and defrauded by falsehood; she is now a widow - her husband's body lies dead in the courtyard.

ਸੁਰਤਿ ਮੁਈ ਮਰੁ ਮਾਈਏ ਮਹਲ ਰੁੰਨੀ ਦਰ ਬਾਰੇ ॥

सुरति मुई मरु माईए महल रुंनी दर बारे ॥

The widow cries out at the door, "The light of my mind has gone out, O my mother, with his death".

ਰੋਵਹੁ ਕੰਤ ਮਹੇਲੀਹੋ ਸਚੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰੇ ॥੫॥

रोवहु कंत महेलीहो सचे के गुण सारे ॥५॥

So cry out, O soul-brides of the Husband Lord, and dwell on the Glorious Praises of the True Lord. ||5||

ਜਲਿ ਮਲਿ ਜਾਨੀ ਨਾਵਾਲਿਆ ਕਪੜਿ ਪਟਿ ਅੰਬਾਰੇ ॥

जलि मलि जानी नावालिआ कपड़ि पटि अ्मबारे ॥

Her loved one is cleansed, bathed in water, and dressed in silken robes.

ਵਾਜੇ ਵਜੇ ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀਆ ਪੰਚ ਮੁਏ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੇ ॥

वाजे वजे सची बाणीआ पंच मुए मनु मारे ॥

The musicians play, and the Bani of the True Lord's Words are sung; the five relatives feel as if they too are dead, so deadened are their minds.

ਜਾਨੀ ਵਿਛੁੰਨੜੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਰਣੁ ਭਇਆ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵਣੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

जानी विछुंनड़े मेरा मरणु भइआ ध्रिगु जीवणु संसारे ॥

Separation from my beloved is like death to me!" cries the widow".My life in this world is cursed and worthless!

ਜੀਵਤੁ ਮਰੈ ਸੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਪਿਰ ਸਚੜੈ ਹੇਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥੬॥

जीवतु मरै सु जाणीऐ पिर सचड़ै हेति पिआरे ॥६॥

But she alone is approved, who dies, while yet still alive; she lives for the sake of the Love of her Beloved. ||6||

ਤੁਸੀ ਰੋਵਹੁ ਰੋਵਣ ਆਈਹੋ ਝੂਠਿ ਮੁਠੀ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥

तुसी रोवहु रोवण आईहो झूठि मुठी संसारे ॥

So cry out in mourning, you who have come to mourn; this world is false and fraudulent.

ਹਉ ਮੁਠੜੀ ਧੰਧੈ ਧਾਵਣੀਆ ਪਿਰਿ ਛੋਡਿਅੜੀ ਵਿਧਣਕਾਰੇ ॥

हउ मुठड़ी धंधै धावणीआ पिरि छोडिअड़ी विधणकारे ॥

I too have been defrauded, chasing after worldly entanglements; my Husband Lord has forsaken me - I practice the evil deeds of a wife without a spouse.

ਘਰਿ ਘਰਿ ਕੰਤੁ ਮਹੇਲੀਆ ਰੂੜੈ ਹੇਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥

घरि घरि कंतु महेलीआ रूड़ै हेति पिआरे ॥

In each and every home, are the brides of the Husband Lord; they gaze upon their Handsome Lord with love and affection.

ਮੈ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਲਾਹਣਾ ਹਉ ਰਹਸਿਅੜੀ ਨਾਮਿ ਭਤਾਰੇ ॥੭॥

मै पिरु सचु सालाहणा हउ रहसिअड़ी नामि भतारे ॥७॥

I sing the Praises of my True Husband Lord, and through the Naam, the Name of my Husband Lord, I blossom forth. ||7||

ਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਵੇਸੁ ਪਲਟਿਆ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਸਚੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੋ ॥

गुरि मिलिऐ वेसु पलटिआ सा धन सचु सीगारो ॥

Meeting with the Guru, the soul-bride's dress is transformed, and she is adorned with Truth.

ਆਵਹੁ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਸਹੇਲੀਹੋ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

आवहु मिलहु सहेलीहो सिमरहु सिरजणहारो ॥

Come and meet with me, O brides of the Lord; let's meditate in remembrance on the Creator Lord.

ਬਈਅਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਹਾਗਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਸਵਾਰਣਹਾਰੋ ॥

बईअरि नामि सोहागणी सचु सवारणहारो ॥

Through the Naam, the soul-bride becomes the Lord's favorite; she is adorned with Truth.

ਗਾਵਹੁ ਗੀਤੁ ਨ ਬਿਰਹੜਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬੀਚਾਰੋ ॥੮॥੩॥

गावहु गीतु न बिरहड़ा नानक ब्रहम बीचारो ॥८॥३॥

Do not sing the songs of separation, O Nanak; reflect upon God. ||8||3||

Ocean of mercy, all powerful unchanging throughout all time, Possessor of the eternal throne and supreme chattr(parasol,canopy),

true friend Satguru ji.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj ji, sweet, amrit nectar your words, sacred, holy, purifying your presence.

guroo pyaroo, kirpa of Satguru ji, as per the words,

"mai moorakh deho updesh",

we moorakhs, of less intellect, are receiving hukamnama updesh from the king of both worlds,

during amrit vela hours at Sri Darbar Sahib ji, Amritsar.

Todays hukamnama by Satguru Nanak Sahib ji is in Raag Wadahans, Dakhnee Boli

the rahaa-o line of this pure holy shabad, containing the main theme of the shabad,

Satguru ji is saying,

Only the one self existent Parmatma is true eternal, and all created creation is false perishable.

we all are subject to the punishment of death, but we know not that time, when death will come for us.

In all beings is Parmatma present, then some people have thought, that when the person dies, then maybe parmatma within also dies.

But in todays Shabad, Satguru ji has made us understand that Parmatma doesnt die.

In reality, according to hindu philosophy, in our minds we have settled on the fear of death.

But in the light of Gurmat, noone dies.

nah ko moo-aa na marnai jog.

No one dies; no one is capable of dying.

nah binsai abhinaasee hog. ||3||

The soul does not perish; it is imperishable. ||3||

sweet words of Satguru ji

Why doesnt anyone die?

Lets read think about the first lines of above shabad in raamkalee Raag by SatGuru Arjan Dev ji on Ang 885,

pavnai meh pavan samaa-i-aa.

The wind merges into the wind.

jotee meh jot ral jaa-i-aa.

The light blends into the light.

maatee maatee ho-ee ayk.

The dust becomes one with the dust.

rovanhaaray kee kavan tayk. ||1||

What support is there for the one who is lamenting? ||1||

Air, Water, Sky, Fire, Earth from these five elements is formed the body, but when the body is no more, then we think its death.

These five elements created by Parmatma, they dont die, when the body dies.

When the body dies, then dust mixes with the dust, then the air thats in the body, mixes with the air, becoming one.

Then the light that is in the body blends with the light, then what is talk of crying here or being sad?

We are nothing, But yes, when the five elements join together, we are called manukh human.

But when these five elements separate, we may think "that person is dead" ?

Who dies?

Kabeer ji is saying to mullah,

"you are doing the sacrifice of the sheep, but who is in that sheep,

noone is there, noone is dying, of what you are doing sacrifice?"

"you have caught the sheep, you are sacrificing a body of dust, what dust sacrifice for?"

"There is lots of dust, what will sacrificing dust do then? You yourself have said that the soul doesnt die, then who is dead when you have cut this sheep?"

Think of death in the light of Brahm, within Brahm what comes and what goes, its unchanging.

Who dies? noone dies

Kaho naanak gur bharam chukaa-i-aa.

Satguru Nanak has dispelled my doubt.

naa ko-ee marai na aavai jaa-i-aa. ||4||10||

No one dies; no one comes or goes. ||4||10||

When the soul leaves the body, then it is judged only according to its deeds and actions that it did here,

one may do various paths after the person has left the body.

from that only the listener will be benefitted, but the soul will be judged only on its deeds.

Creation is perishable, it keeps changing,

the old one will go , the new one will come, everyone is coming and going.

Only the rare one understands this and doesnt attach ownself to anyone.

Only the rare one, doesnt lament when one soul leaves the body.

It is the gift of parmatma, who gives and takes.

Only the rare one understands this hukam of Parmatma, and abides carefree in the hukam.

We should not lament over the death of anyone, it is the gift of parmatma, who gives and takes.

Let us before contemplating the hukamnama shabad say with single mind

Satinaam Vaahiguroo

Wad-hans mehlaa 1 dakh-nee.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji is giving us the hukamnama in Wadhans Raag and

Dakhni boli, (words influence of the southern(dakhan) Indian part/direction)

Sirandaa - creator, who has created, fashioned all

Sachaa - true, Real

Parmatma is the only real Creator of all, causing all to be born, to be fashioned.

Only Parmatma is true. Rest everything that is seen is an illusion.

Rest all is not real, Know it as a dream that vanishes upon waking.

Three types of works are being done in the world.

It is of nourishing the beings that are already here, and of destroying and creating new ones.

If there was no destroying, if people didnt die, then there would be so many that it would not be possible to manage it

and if there was no creating then there would be noone left, these three are essential works being done in the world

Only one Parmatma is alone, who doesnt die. Rest all dies.

Only one Parmatma is feeding, nourishing all, Not any god vishnu

Only one Parmatma is creating and destroying, not any other gods and goddesses.

Parmatma is the only true one.

Parmatma created his own self.

Self existent Self created

Parmatma is the power in all

Unseen Parmatma Infinite

Satguru ji, has seen the one Parmatma in all and have told us.

Sabh may joth joth hai soi

In all is light that light is you

Parmatma brought the two grinding stones of the earth and the sky, and created the creation.

Without the Guru there is darkness ignorance, without the Guru this is not known understood.

The sun and moon are under the command of Parmatma

They move as per the command hukam of Parmtma,

When the earth comes closer to sun, we get summer, pulling moisture from the oceans, forming clouds, it rains.

when earth moves farther then winter,

All nature is under the control of Parmatma.

Even sun moves around in a orbit.

Scientists are saying that if the sun moves even one inch closer to Earth,

then the increased heating of the earth will cause havoc, making life impossible

Same if the Sun moves even one inch farther from the earth,

there would be so much cold, making havoc and life impossible for us.

All Powerful is the hukam of Parmatma

pervading in every detail, every particle

wondrous is the hukam of Parmatma

Parmatma you are true, you love us all.

People of the world love us for their own meanings and needs.

Parmatma, only you love us truly.

Parmatma, we are the one who are at fault, giving our love to the false.

Parmatma, you are all knowing, you are the giver of sukh dukh.

If Parmatma you only created pleasures, comforts then this world would not have progressed anywhere.

It would just become lazy, idle, no work, no achievements, why would anyone require to remember you Parmatma

If you just wanted create dukh, then this world would have just been destroyed.

Whenever you have created a disease,

you have also inspired, created the medicine for it soon after

Dukh daroo Sukh rog bhaia

Satguru ji has told us our medicine is dukh,

Knowing pleasure in Dukh, only the gurmukh pyara can know this.

In dukh we remember parmatma more, in sukh we become very careless in rememebering Parmatma.

When there is too much pleasures, too much maya, then what is the need of getting up early to praise you Parmatma,

Kabeer ji is saying,

what is the need for asking for sukh, if after sukh, it is dukh that comes.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji is saying,

Parmatma, Dukh and sukh are your gifts, because of these we remember you.

You are the giver of dukh and sukh.

Never think that it is because of someother person that you are suffering or enjoying in pleasure.

They directly come from Parmatma.

If we all ask for the gift of son, and noone wishes for the gift of daughter, then with whom will we marry the sons?

When there is son, then there is rejoicing, when Parmatma gives the gift of daughter, then no rejoicing.

This means we are not happy with the hukam of Parmatma.

friendship is with woman, marriage with woman.

From woman are kings, saints born; why call her bad?

Parmatma has created both woman and man,

and also created love for the illusion,

all these are plays of Parmatma

According to the hindu philosophy, there are four sources of creation,

Born of egg, and filth(like germs),

Born of womb, Born of Vegetation

Guru Nanak Sahib ji has said, in Japji

kaytee-aa khaanee

Meaning there are many more sources of creation other then four mentioned above.

kaytee-aa banee

Same way there are, Many types of banee/sounds.

Parmatma, you are the creator of all, and you are also their support.

Parmatma, within all you are sitting, and you are watching everyone's deeds,

No chitr or gupt, the recording angels are required for you,

you have no need to write or note this down, you know everything that is going on.

Birth and death, you have created this means, and but you never take birth or die.

You are eternal.

This person, takes births and dies because of his deeds, because of his karma.

This person, who is attached to maya, mansions, family, husband, wife, children.

As per these associations, this person takes birth again and again.

This person has forgotten and is deluded, only if he asks for your help, Satguru ji, can he be saved.

That person who themselves want to drown in this world ocean, what help can be given to them?

There are very less people who are merciful or are kind,

There are very less people who have love even for evil people.

Take a look at the life of Satguru Nanak Ji,

who even went to evil kauda rakhshash and uplifted him, who even uplifted people like sajjan thug.

Satguru Nanak ji, went to all the evil places, and uplifted all.

We should take example from Satguru ji and not feel shame to go to evil places and bring people out of these evils.

Those who leave this world, Satguru ji is saying, don't cry for them.

They come and go in the hukam of Parmatma.

When the husband dies, the wife is separated.

By being in this world and entangled in maya, we all are separated from Parmatma,

we all are the wives of our husband Parmatma.

The messenger of death created by Parmatma, does not take into account the beauty of a person,

That messenger does not care for such.

The messenger of death does not take into account young or old. Whether a small baby or old, its the same.

Death does not let a small baby live four more extra years.

Death does not take into account an old wise person who distributes knowledge,

Death feels no sympathy towards anyone.

Death considers nothing, when the time of death comes, it takes all along.

The nine doors close, when death comes.

two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, urinary aperture and one anus

and the soul swan flies away into akaash /gainaaray/ space

The defrauded widow-body is now separated from the soul swan who has left her, as the dead body is lying in the courtyard.

The widow then cries out at the door, "My husband has gone, O my mother".

Satguru ji, is saying don't cry out for the dead, you yourself will die one day.

You are separated from your husband Lord, so cry out for that and dwell on the glorious praises of the True Husband lord.

When one is dead, the body is washed with water, and then the fine clothes are put on the dead body.

Then at that time of death, instruments are played, and True Bani is said.

Hindus say, "Ram Ram Sat Hai" walking along the dead body.

We, Sikhs are instructed to say Satinaam Vaahiguroo.

At the time of death, the loved ones of the dead person,

are convinced in thier minds, that they will never meet the person again.

Their Friends and relatives, think that "Now cursed is our life, cursed is our living without our loved one"

They say like that.

But Satguru is telling them,

You are separated from your husband Parmatma, think of this and then curse your living in separation from the True Parmatma.

Not for anyone else.

Only that death is approved, who is dead while still alive.

Renounce maya and become a slave of Satguru ji.

Become Jivan Mukat. Freed, liberated while living.

In this way, you will have love for Parmatma, when you are dead while still alive.

when you are free from hope in the midst of hope.

You have to come to cry in mourning, so cry out and mourn, as this whole world is a false mirage.

We have been defrauded, we are without our husband lord, attaching ourselves to worldy entanglements, our beloved Parmatma has left us.

Within your home is your beloved parmatma,

Within your own self, is your beloved parmamta,

enshrine love for the one Parmatma, who is within you.

That person, who praises the one True husband within, remains happy always.

and through the Naam, the Name of the Husband Lord, that person is blessed.

When Satguru ji is met,

Then the person is separated from the world and united with Parmatma.

Separated from maya and United with the Truth.

Uniting with Parmatma, this is our only true decoration.

Come all friends, Sat sangio, lets meet and remember our True Creator Parmatma.

ba-ee-ar - meaning soul-bride

the soul bride is called wedded only through the name of Parmatma.

Parmatma, himself does kirpa on us, and creates us and then reunites us back with his ownself.

Satguru Nanak ji is saying, do not sing the songs of separation, but contemplate the virtues of the One All pervading Parmatma.

Bhul chuk maaf karni

Hukamnama Katha of 19th March.

================

Below is Hukamnama Katha of 18th March.

You can listen the audio hukamnama here -> http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET140706.rm

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

सोरठि महला ५ ॥

sorath mehlaa 5.

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਨਾਲਿ ਨਰਾਇਣੁ ਮੇਰੈ ॥

नालि नराइणु मेरै ॥

naal naraa-in mayrai.

The Lord is always with me.

ਜਮਦੂਤੁ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨੇਰੈ ॥

जमदूतु न आवै नेरै ॥

jamdoot na aavai nayrai.

The Messenger of Death does not approach me.

ਕੰਠਿ ਲਾਇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰਾਖੈ ॥

कंठि लाइ प्रभ राखै ॥

kanth laa-ay parabh raakhai.

God holds me close in His embrace, and protects me.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਖੈ ॥੧॥

सतिगुर की सचु साखै ॥१॥

satgur kee sach saakhai. ||1||

True are the Teachings of the True Guru. ||1||

ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਪੂਰੀ ਕੀਤੀ ॥

गुरि पूरै पूरी कीती ॥

gur poorai pooree keetee.

The Perfect Guru has done it perfectly.

ਦੁਸਮਨ ਮਾਰਿ ਵਿਡਾਰੇ ਸਗਲੇ ਦਾਸ ਕਉ ਸੁਮਤਿ ਦੀਤੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

दुसमन मारि विडारे सगले दास कउ सुमति दीती ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

dusman maar vidaaray saglay daas ka-o sumat deetee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

He has beaten and driven off my enemies, and given me, His slave, the sublime understanding of the neutral mind. ||1||Pause||

ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਥਾਨ ਵਸਾਏ ॥

प्रभि सगले थान वसाए ॥

parabh saglay thaan vasaa-ay.

God has blessed all places with prosperity.

ਸੁਖਿ ਸਾਂਦਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਆਏ ॥

सुखि सांदि फिरि आए ॥

sukh saaNd fir aa-ay.

I have returned again safe and sound.

ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਰਣਾਏ ॥

नानक प्रभ सरणाए ॥

naanak parabh sarnaa-ay.

Nanak has entered God's Sanctuary.

ਜਿਨਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਰੋਗ ਮਿਟਾਏ ॥੨॥੨੪॥੮੮॥

जिनि सगले रोग मिटाए ॥२॥२४॥८८॥

jin saglay rog mitaa-ay. ||2||24||88||

It has eradicated all disease. ||2||24||88||

guroo roop sadhsangat ji, guroo roop khalsa jee, we are fortunate that we are giving our attendance in the pure holy feet of Satguru ji. Those souls which are fortunate by Guru ji's kirpa, Those upon Satguru ji has been merciful, they have recieved his sanctuary.

Within us is sitting our enemies which are not killed by building forts outside, or wearing shields.

gur poorai pooree keetee. dusman maar vidaaray saglay daas ka-o sumat deetee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Satguru ji has done apaar kirpa, by blessing his servant with highest wisdom, and dispelled all enemies.

Let us do veechar of this highest wisdom.

sorath mehlaa 5.

In Sorath Raagini, Satguru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj is blessing us with this hukamana.

naal naraa-in mayrai.

naraa-in/narayan has been defined in many ways,

nar meaning human, so meaning that among humans.

The other way it is defined is

na - not

rayan - meaning night of ignorance, illusion,

By taking the name of narayan, the night of ignorance, the illusion is dispelled.

narayan is with us always.

jamdoot na aavai nayrai.

By remembering Narayan, the messengers of death run away. The illusion is dispelled.

Satguru ji, is saying the soul swan, that flies off at the time of death, leaving the body, then at that last moment, the name of narayan also goes along with the soul.

Satguru ji, has instructed the messengers of death, that wherever is Gurbani, from that place, don't go near that place.

Messengers of death, asked, "The whole world is afraid of us, we are invisible, noone can see, Satguru ji, why should we not go towards that place"?

Satguru ji, has said, Akal Purakh, has spread this amrit sarovar of Gurbani, you are not eligible to go near that place.

You will not escape if you go near that place.

salok ||

jeh saadhhoo gobidh bhajan keerathan naanak neeth ||

Where the Holy people constantly vibrate the Kirtan of the Praises of the Lord of the Universe, O Nanak

naa ho naa thoo(n) neh shhuttehi nikatt n jaaeeahu dhooth ||1||

- The Righteous Judge of Dharma says, ""Do not approach that place, O Messenger of Death, or else neither you nor I shall escape!""||1||

If the messengers of death go near that place, even their king, Dharm raj, the righteous judge of dharma will not be able to escape.

kanth laa-ay parabh raakhai.

When you are in difficulty, Parmatma, your mother, who is also your father, and all relations, will protect you from them, by embracing you in his protection.

Remember the one name of Parmatma.

satgur kee sach saakhai. ||1||

This is the true Teaching of Satguru ji.

gur poorai pooree keetee.

Satguru ji has done kirpa and has perfectly resolved my problems.

dusman maar vidaaray saglay daas ka-o sumat deetee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Giving the highest wisdom, Satguru ji has destroyed all my enemies.

parabh saglay thaan vasaa-ay.

With this understanding given by Satguru ji, all places are now abiding in harmony.

All enemies have been driven out, remembering one Narayan.

sukh saaNd fir aa-ay.

Following Satguru ji's updesh, remembering Narayan, I have obtained

peace and comfort

naanak parabh sarnaa-ay.

Obtaining peace and comfort, Satguru Nanak has done kirpa, and I have entered the protective Sanctuary of Parmatma.

jin saglay rog mitaa-ay. ||2||24||88||

All diseases and fevers are now dispelled with kirpa of Vaahiguroo.

Hukamnama Katha of 18th March, 2007

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Vaahiguroo jee ka khalsa, Vaahiguroo jee kee fateh.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to audio hukamnama here -> http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET141104.rm

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੩ ॥

सलोकु मः ३ ॥

salok mehlaa 3.

Shalok, Third Mehl:

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵੇ ਜਗਤੁ ਮੁਆ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇ ॥

बिनु सतिगुर सेवे जगतु मुआ बिरथा जनमु गवाइ ॥

bin satgur sayvay jagat mu-aa birthaa janam gavaa-ay.

Without serving the True Guru, the people of the world are dead; they waste their lives away in vain.

ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਅਤਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਲਗਾ ਮਰਿ ਜੰਮੈ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥

दूजै भाइ अति दुखु लगा मरि जमै आवै जाइ ॥

doojai bhaa-ay at dukh lagaa mar jammai aavai jaa-ay.

In love with duality, they suffer terrible pain; they die, and are reincarnated, and continue coming and going.

ਵਿਸਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਵਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਜੂਨੀ ਪਾਇ ॥

विसटा अंदरि वासु है फिरि फिरि जूनी पाइ ॥

vistaa andar vaas hai fir fir joonee paa-ay.

They live in manure, and are reincarnated again and again.

ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਜਮੁ ਮਾਰਸੀ ਅੰਤਿ ਗਇਆ ਪਛੁਤਾਇ ॥੧॥

नानक बिनु नावै जमु मारसी अंति गइआ पछुताइ ॥१॥

naanak bin naavai jam maarsee ant ga-i-aa pachhutaa-ay. ||1||

O Nanak, without the Name, the Messenger of Death punishes them; in the end, they depart regretting and repenting. ||1||

ਮਃ ੩ ॥

मः ३ ॥

mehlaa 3.

Third Mehl:

ਇਸੁ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਹੋਰ ਸਗਲੀ ਨਾਰਿ ਸਬਾਈ ॥

इसु जग महि पुरखु एकु है होर सगली नारि सबाई ॥

is jag meh purakh ayk hai hor saglee naar sabaa-ee.

In this world, there is one Husband Lord; all other beings are His brides.

ਸਭਿ ਘਟ ਭੋਗਵੈ ਅਲਿਪਤੁ ਰਹੈ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਲਖਣਾ ਜਾਈ ॥

सभि घट भोगवै अलिपतु रहै अलखु न लखणा जाई ॥

sabh ghat bhogvai alipat rahai alakh na lakh-naa jaa-ee.

He enjoys the hearts of all, and yet He remains detached; He is unseen; He cannot be described.

ਪੂਰੈ ਗੁਰਿ ਵੇਖਾਲਿਆ ਸਬਦੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਈ ॥

पूरै गुरि वेखालिआ सबदे सोझी पाई ॥

poorai gur vaykhaali-aa sabday sojhee paa-ee.

The Perfect Guru reveals Him, and through the Word of His Shabad, we come to understand Him.

ਪੁਰਖੈ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਸੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਜਿਨੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਜਲਾਈ ॥

पुरखै सेवहि से पुरख होवहि जिनी हउमै सबदि जलाई ॥

purkhai sayveh say purakh hoveh jinee ha-umai sabad jalaa-ee.

Those who serve their Husband Lord, become like Him; their egos are burnt away by His Shabad.

ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਰੀਕੁ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਕੰਟਕੁ ਵੈਰਾਈ ॥

तिस का सरीकु को नही ना को कंटकु वैराई ॥

tis kaa sareek ko nahee naa ko kantak vairaa-ee.

He has no rival, no attacker, no enemy.

ਨਿਹਚਲ ਰਾਜੁ ਹੈ ਸਦਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਕੇਰਾ ਨਾ ਆਵੈ ਨਾ ਜਾਈ ॥

निहचल राजु है सदा तिसु केरा ना आवै ना जाई ॥

nihchal raaj hai sadaa tis kayraa naa aavai naa jaa-ee.

His rule is unchanging and eternal; He does not come or go.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਸਚੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਈ ॥

अनदिनु सेवकु सेवा करे हरि सचे के गुण गाई ॥

an-din sayvak sayvaa karay har sachay kay gun gaa-ee.

Night and day, His servant serves Him, singing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਸਚੇ ਕੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੨॥

नानकु वेखि विगसिआ हरि सचे की वडिआई ॥२॥

naanak vaykh vigsi-aa har sachay kee vadi-aa-ee. ||2||

Beholding the Glorious Greatness of the True Lord, Nanak blossoms forth. ||2||

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

पउड़ी ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਸਦ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਤਿਨ ਕੰਉ ਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ ॥

जिन कै हरि नामु वसिआ सद हिरदै हरि नामो तिन कंउ रखणहारा ॥

jin kai har naam vasi-aa sad hirdai har naamo tin kaN-u rakhanhaaraa.

Those whose hearts are forever filled with the Name of the Lord, have the Name of the Lord as their Protector.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਮਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਖਾਈ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥

हरि नामु पिता हरि नामो माता हरि नामु सखाई मित्रु हमारा ॥

har naam pitaa har naamo maataa har naam sakhaa-ee mitar hamaaraa.

The Lord's Name is my father, the Lord's Name is my mother; the Lord's Name is my helper and friend.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਗਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਮਸਲਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਨਿਤ ਸਾਰਾ ॥

हरि नावै नालि गला हरि नावै नालि मसलति हरि नामु हमारी करदा नित सारा ॥

har naavai naal galaa har naavai naal maslat har naam hamaaree kardaa nit saaraa.

My conversation is with the Lord's Name, and my counseling is with the Lord's Name; the Lord's Name always takes care of me.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਅਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਵਾਰਾ ॥

हरि नामु हमारी संगति अति पिआरी हरि नामु कुलु हरि नामु परवारा ॥

har naam hamaaree sangat at pi-aaree har naam kul har naam parvaaraa.

The Lord's Name is my most beloved society, the Lord's Name is my ancestry, and the Lord's Name is my family.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੰਉ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ॥੧੫॥

जन नानक कंउ हरि नामु हरि गुरि दीआ हरि हलति पलति सदा करे निसतारा ॥१५॥

jan naanak kaN-u har naam har gur dee-aa har halat palat sadaa karay nistaaraa. ||15||

The Guru, the Lord Incarnate, has bestowed upon servant Nanak the Name of the Lord; in this world, and in the next, the Lord ever saves me. ||15||

Guroo roop khalsa jee, Guroo roop sadhsangat jee

Today's Hukamnama by Satguru Amardas Sahib ji is in various sections. Kathakaar is saying, the Pauree is said by next succeeding Guru, so in this case Guru Ramdas Sahib ji.

Let us absorb the message in Today's Hukamnama. Hukamnama Katha of Saturday 31st 2007

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੩ ॥

salok mehlaa 3.

Salok by Satguru Amardas ji

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵੇ ਜਗਤੁ ਮੁਆ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇ ॥

bin satgur sayvay jagat mu-aa birthaa janam gavaa-ay.

birthaa - useless, meaningless

gavaa-ay - waste, lose

Satguru ji is saying, we can do any type of work in this world, be it wood work, jewelry work, weaving etc but none is of any use

The world is engrossed in useless worldy affairs, and the purpose of this precious birth is lost.

none of it will be of any use to us in the world hereafter.

Seeking Satguru ji, do those actions that please Satguru ji, so may we get Satguru ji's nadar blessing.

Singing the glorious praises of Parmatma, our lives purpose is fulfilled.

ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਅਤਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਲਗਾ ਮਰਿ ਜੰਮੈ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥

doojai bhaa-ay at dukh lagaa mar jammai aavai jaa-ay.

Living life for the love of worldy fulfillments, People come and go in this world, the old leave, the new ones come.

Without Satguru ji, realization of Parmatma within is not got.

ਵਿਸਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਵਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਜੂਨੀ ਪਾਇ ॥

vistaa andar vaas hai fir fir joonee paa-ay.

vistaa - excrement, faeces, manure

andar - in, within

vaas - living, dwelling, abode, residence

fir fir - again again

joonee - birth

Those who are in love with the world and its fullfilments, those who hope for the fullfilment of thier desires.

They are like the insects living in excrement, fallen in love with manure, desiring more, taking birth again and again.

ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਜਮੁ ਮਾਰਸੀ ਅੰਤਿ ਗਇਆ ਪਛੁਤਾਇ ॥੧॥

naanak bin naavai jam maarsee ant ga-i-aa pachhutaa-ay. ||1||

Satguru ji says, without parmatma's naam as thier support, the messenger of death will beat them and give punishment.

At this last ending moment, they will regret thier wasted life and useless actions.

ਮਃ ੩ ॥

mehlaa 3.

Satguru Amardas ji is giving us updesh.

ਇਸੁ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਹੋਰ ਸਗਲੀ ਨਾਰਿ ਸਬਾਈ ॥

is jag meh purakh ayk hai hor saglee naar sabaa-ee.

In this creation, there is only 1 Purakh, our husband Parmatma, all the rest are His wives.

ਸਭਿ ਘਟ ਭੋਗਵੈ ਅਲਿਪਤੁ ਰਹੈ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਲਖਣਾ ਜਾਈ ॥

sabh ghat bhogvai alipat rahai alakh na lakh-naa jaa-ee.

Within All is Parmatma, enjoying all, completely detached from All

Parmatma, the unseen one cannot be described.

we are of small understanding, how can we understand Parmatma,

Those who know Parmatma, they are merged in him.

ਪੂਰੈ ਗੁਰਿ ਵੇਖਾਲਿਆ ਸਬਦੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਈ ॥

poorai gur vaykhaali-aa sabday sojhee paa-ee.

On those upon whom Satguru ji has done kirpa, they are bestowed with the vision of Parmatma.

Just as today, we have telescopes, through the medium of which we are able to see things far away.

Same way, through the medium of Satguru's shabad, we can know Parmatma.

ਪੁਰਖੈ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਸੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਜਿਨੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਜਲਾਈ ॥

purkhai sayveh say purakh hoveh jinee ha-umai sabad jalaa-ee.

We are soiled with filthy stains,

we are deficient in so many qualities,

We are affected with the disease of "I"

Parmatma is the Purkh, who is free from "I".

Parmatma is infinite, without any limit, treasure of virtues.

By doing actions abiding in the will of Parmamta, we also become like Parmatma.

The disease of "I" is so subtle, that even those who believe themselves to be free of it, are affected with it.

Satguru ji is saying, As long as "I" does not burn out, it does not go away.

As long as it is not burned, it does not go away.

The Shabad of Satguru ji, burns this "I", haumai.

ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਰੀਕੁ ਕੋ ਨਹੀ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਕੰਟਕੁ ਵੈਰਾਈ ॥

tis kaa sareek ko nahee naa ko kantak vairaa-ee.

Noone can attack or rival Parmatma,

All Powerful Parmatma has no enemy.

ਨਿਹਚਲ ਰਾਜੁ ਹੈ ਸਦਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਕੇਰਾ ਨਾ ਆਵੈ ਨਾ ਜਾਈ ॥

nihchal raaj hai sadaa tis kayraa naa aavai naa jaa-ee.

Parmatma's command over all creation is Forever eternal. Parmatma is the unchanging eternal king and doesn't come or go like worldly kings.

Parmatma, the only one true Purkh, is our eternal husband king.

Countless beings have come and gone

countless will come and go

Countless beings are coming and going this instant.

We are one of those beings.

How great our Parmatma is ?

All the estimators try to estimate, even then they cannot find an iota of Parmatma's Greatness.

As great Parmatma wishes to be, so great Parmatma becomes.

Under Parmatma's command, all do thier actions engrossed in haumai.

They serve thier haumai/ "I" and come and go, again and again.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਸਚੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਈ ॥

an-din sayvak sayvaa karay har sachay kay gun gaa-ee.

Parmatma's rule is eternal, who never comes and goes, who is forever present with us.

It is our duty to serve such an eternal king,

Night and day, Parmatma's sewadars do sewa, singing Parmatma's glorious praises.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਸਚੇ ਕੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੨॥

naanak vaykh vigsi-aa har sachay kee vadi-aa-ee. ||2||

Satguru Amardas ji is saying, beholding the Vision of Parmatma's glory, endless bliss blossoms, endless happiness comes.

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

pa-orhee.

Pauree by Satguru Ramdas ji

Sat Updesh for us by Satguru Ramdas ji

ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਸਦ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਤਿਨ ਕੰਉ ਰਖਣਹਾਰਾ ॥

jin kai har naam vasi-aa sad hirdai har naamo tin kaN-u rakhanhaaraa.

Those eternally merged in Parmatma's naam, rememberance of Vaahiguroo,

No harm pain suffering can come near.

Always dwelling in bliss, protected by Parmatma.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਮਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਖਾਈ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥

har naam pitaa har naamo maataa har naam sakhaa-ee mitar hamaaraa.

Those who are protected by Parmatma,

Parmatma's naam is their Father and Mother

Parmatma's naam is their true friend

O people of the World, Vaahiguroo is our father, Vaahiguroo is our mother, Vaahiguroo our true friend

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਗਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਮਸਲਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਨਿਤ ਸਾਰਾ ॥

har naavai naal galaa har naavai naal maslat har naam hamaaree kardaa nit saaraa.

Those who have abandoned the false worldly attachments. They seek all their fulfillments in Parmatma's name.

With Vaahiguroo our true conversations, Vaahiguroo our true advisor, Vaahiguroo our Protector our care taker.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਅਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੁਲੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਵਾਰਾ ॥

har naam hamaaree sangat at pi-aaree har naam kul har naam parvaaraa.

We may spend time playing cards, and waste away,

may spend time in useless conversations, wasted

That time spend absorbing singing listening to gurbani is fruitful, truly rewarded

The most precious congregration is with our beloved Vaahiguroo.

all our family is Vaahiguroo, all around, at all times we are protected by beloved Vaahiguroo.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੰਉ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ॥੧੫॥

jan naanak kaN-u har naam har gur dee-aa har halat palat sadaa karay nistaaraa. ||15||

Satguru Ramdas ji, is saying Satguru Amardas ji did kirpa and gave the gift of Parmatma's naam. Parmatma's naam is the eternal saviour in this world and the next.

This was the translated hukamnama katha of Saturday 31st March, May Satguru ji do kirpa on us and bestow on us the gift of Parmatma's name.

Forgive my mistakes.

===================

Below is Hukamnama Katha of 1st April 2007

===================

Listen to audio Hukamnama here -> http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET091005.rm

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

सोरठि महला ५ ॥

sorath mehlaa 5.

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਤਾਪੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੇ ॥

तापु गवाइआ गुरि पूरे ॥

taap gavaa-i-aa gur pooray.

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever.

ਵਾਜੇ ਅਨਹਦ ਤੂਰੇ ॥

वाजे अनहद तूरे ॥

vaajay anhad tooray.

The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds.

ਸਰਬ ਕਲਿਆਣ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਕੀਨੇ ॥

सरब कलिआण प्रभि कीने ॥

sarab kali-aan parabh keenay.

God has bestowed all comforts.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਆਪਿ ਦੀਨੇ ॥੧॥

करि किरपा आपि दीने ॥१॥

kar kirpaa aap deenay. ||1||

In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. ||1||

ਬੇਦਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਗਵਾਈ ॥

बेदन सतिगुरि आपि गवाई ॥

baydan satgur aap gavaa-ee.

The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease.

ਸਿਖ ਸੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਸਰਸੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

सिख संत सभि सरसे होए हरि हरि नामु धिआई ॥ रहाउ ॥

sikh sant sabh sarsay ho-ay har har naam Dhi-aa-ee. rahaa-o.

All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. ||Pause||

ਜੋ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਸੋ ਲੇਵਹਿ ॥

जो मंगहि सो लेवहि ॥

jo mangeh so layveh.

They obtain that which they ask for.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਪਣਿਆ ਸੰਤਾ ਦੇਵਹਿ ॥

प्रभ अपणिआ संता देवहि ॥

parabh apni-aa santaa dayveh.

God gives to His Saints.

ਹਰਿ ਗੋਵਿਦੁ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥

हरि गोविदु प्रभि राखिआ ॥

har govid parabh raakhi-aa.

God saved Hargobind.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥੨॥੬॥੭੦॥

जन नानक साचु सुभाखिआ ॥२॥६॥७०॥

jan naanak saach subhaakhi-aa. ||2||6||70||

Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. ||2||6||70||

King of Kings, Ocean of Mercy, Peace giving Lord, sweet your words, Satguru ji, you cure us of all fevers.

On Whom Satguru ji becomes merciful, that sikh receives Satguru ji's hukam.

Today's hukamnama is in Sorath raag by Guru Arjan Dev Maharaj ji. The first line of the hukamnama is relating to a fever, and the last two lines refer to Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, the son of Guru Arjan Dev ji, saved from the fever. In this hukamnama, Satguru ji is praising the Lord, for the fever of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji has been dispelled.

In the olden days, mostly sikhs came from the low castes. Satguru ji gave love to all. The higher castes of those time, committed many cruelties on the lower castes, Shudras, Untouchables. If any word of Veda, was heard by them, they would undergo torture, or if they said any word of dharma or religion, their tongues would be cut.

As the people of those times had so much fear of gods and goddesses and worshipped them for boons or cure, so whenever someone caught a disease, they would say, "mata has taken over this person", meaning the goddesses has taken over this person, there is no cure, but to pray to mata/goddesses and get the cure of this. This phrase is also in the book, "mera pind"

In history texts, Guru Hargovind Sahib ji was about 3 yrs old, when he got the fever, the ppl said, he has got sheetala. meaning Goddess Sheetala has possessed the child.

If we look in the history texts, like Sooraj Granth, we will find our history has been distorted, by brahmans. For example, in Sooraj Granth, it is written for this particular incident, that Satguru Arjan Dev ji, performed durga pooja for the cure of Guru Hargovind Sahib ji.

But a sikh will know this as false as this does not concur with the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, They are two opposite directions. Our Satguru ji has given us hukam to worship the one Lord of billions of durga goddesses. So why will Satguru ji worship any goddess, Those stories relating to worship to goddesses in our history text of Suraj Granth is baseless.

Just like in Islam, the believers they think that there is nothing superior to Quran

in bible, it is written to kick a guest out, who doesnt have the bible teachings in their heart.

Just like in Hinduism, it is written to give superiorty to Vedas, when doubts arise, over texts in simritees, puraanas etc

Same way, in Sikhism, when the question, we have to give superiorty to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Guru Arjan Sahib ji's son, Guru Hargovind Sahib ji was cured, by blessings of Akaal Purakh. Let us learn and absorb what Guru ji is going to tell us in Today's Hukamnama. But before, Let us all together say, Satinaam Vaahiguroo.

sorath mehlaa 5.

taap gavaa-i-aa gur pooray.

In Sorath Raag, Guru Arjan Sahib ji is telling us the fever of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji has been dispelled through worship of Akaal Purakh. Not through any worship of gods/devtaas goddesses/devis.

Poojaa Akaal ki, Parchaa Shabad ka, Deedar Khalsay da

The three types of fever are of mind, body, social. This body of five elements, one of the five elements is fire, when the temperature of this element goes high or too low, we get fever.

When there are quarrels in home, then there is anxiety in the mind. there is hatred, there is unrest. It is best to do simran.

When there were so many wars going on and cruelty of the mughal rulers. In the midst of this unrest, Satguru ji had given us the gift of Sukhmani Sahib ji, reciting it, all anxieties, pains, troubles, fevers are dispelled. There is no fire of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahaankar, When there is simran of Parmatma, there is peace, contentment, love in the heart.

vaajay anhad tooray.

Through the grace of Akaal Purakh, the fever has been dispelled, Through Satguru ji's updesh, the one unstruck sweet melody of the soul is heard.

sarab kali-aan parabh keenay.

True peace, happiness can only be obtained in the presence of Satguru ji.

If we think, we can obtain peace and hapiness from outside?

Satguru ji is saying,

Gurmukh pyaray, It's your mistake. Peace can be obtained from simran, The destroyer of sorrow is the amrit naam of Parmatma.

Dukh Bhanjan Tayraa naam ji.

Sometimes we think if we change our place of living, if we move to a new house, or to a new city, or goto to a foreign country, we will find happiness there. Because We didnt find any happiness in this house, this place, this country.

Satguru ji is saying,

days chhod pardayseh Dhaa-i-aa. panch chandaal naalay lai aa-i-aa. ||4||

leaving own country, you wander in foreign lands, bringing along the five thieves with you.

days disantar bhav thakay tuDh andar aap lukaa-i-aa.

growing weary they wander through foreign lands and countries, but parmatma, you have hid yourself within.

Gurmukh pyaray, In whose heart, Parmatma resides even for a moment, is rid of all sorrow.

days disantar mai saglay jhaagay. khin rahan na paava-o bin pag paagay.

this country, foreign lands, All I have travelled, I cannot survive, even for an instant without the feet of my beloved.

Those who have accumulated loads of wealth are not happy.

Kathakaar is now giving an example about Jahangir, a mughal ruler. Jahangir once came to the famous court of the saint mian mir, to make a request for an ardaas to Allah, so that he can win the war in the south.

After saying this request, he gave a 1 ruppe coin to mian mir, but mian mir said, give this to some beggar, around, we have no need of this.

Jahangir went about to the saints gathered around mian mir, and offered it to everyone of them, but none of them took it, and all of them said, we have no need of this, give this to some beggar who needs this maya.

Then, Jahangir again came back to mian mir, and said "I couldnt find anyone who was willing to take this."

Mian Mir told him, "you have not understood it, who the beggar is? "

Jahangir became very ashamed, as he realized he was the one who was the beggar, begging for more maya, begging to make an ardaas, so that he wins the war in the south. But all the saints here are satisfied in the name of God.

Another example, when Guru Hargobind Sahib ji had camped near a place , and there was also jahangir camped nearby. One person mistakenly went to Jahangir, and offered his honest earning infront, and said, to bless him with the peace, happiness of "parlok"/world hereafter. But Jahangir, told him, I can give you wealth maya, kingdom in this world. But I cannot give you the happiness, peace of heavens. Then he said, You must be looking for Sachay Paatshaah Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, they are camped over there.

Quickly, the sikh got up, without fear, took his honest offering back and went to Satguru ji.

Satguru ji is saying,

Gurmukh pyaray, Those in whose house, there is less attachments, those who have less belongings in this world, they are more happier.

When Kabeer ji's house was burnt, and all his belongings were also burnt along with it. Kabeer ji when he reached and saw that his house is burning. He noticed few things, that were still not burnt. Kabeer ji, said, take this also, take this also, this is yours, you forgot this Parmatma, and threw it in the fire. Kabeer ji, was unattached to anything.

Sukh is obtained in the presence of Satguru ji, In the simran of Parmatma.

kar kirpaa aap deenay. ||1||

Parmamta gives directly, not through any medium. Satguru ji has made our direct contact with Parmatma. Satguru ji has said. Iam the servant of the all pervading Lord, I have come to see this world drama.

these days, we goto religious people, and ask them to do ardaas for us. This is not right.

baydan satgur aap gavaa-ee.

This pain, anxiety, sorrow is dispelled through the grace of Satguru ji.

When we see things that others get, but not us, we should still be thankful to God for what we already have.

When a muslim priest who didnt have even shoes to wear, and used to pray five times a day, obey the rasool. But when he saw, another person who didnt do anything, but had more then him. He became filled with hatred. Later, when we went to masjid, and saw that a person, who had no legs, but was doing namaz and Thanking Allah. He became ashamed and realized his mistake.

Thank Satguru ji for everything we have.

Some Old ppl have said, "Looking at the red happy face of others, do not slap yourself, in order to make your cheek red happy too. Slapping referring to jealousy/hatred.

sikh sant sabh sarsay ho-ay har har naam Dhi-aa-ee. rahaa-o.

sikh, sants, all are imbued with bliss listening to the updesh to Satguru ji. They do not worship water, sun, fire, or moon, they only worship Akaal Purkh.

It is the duty of sikh to daily do simran of Satguru ji. Be in the presence of Satguru ji, Absorb the teachings of Satguru ji.

jo mangeh so layveh.

Our father Satguru ji has everything we need, all creation belongs to, and is under the command of Satguru ji.

What we need, we should ask from Satguru ji, absorb yourself in the presence of Satguru ji. Your needs/wants will be fulfilled by Satguru ji. No worldy person can fullfil your wants. Be in the presence of our complete Satguru ji, all others are incomplete, imperfect, they cannot fulfil your needs. Ask and recieve from Satguru ji your needs. Satguru ji is your mother, Satguru ji is your father, Satguru ji is your Divine Lord, Satguru ji is your Divine Beloved.

Satguru ji, is saying, if you ask for your needs from your one and only true support,

Then Parmatma will do mercy, and your wishes will be fullfilled.

parabh apni-aa santaa dayveh.

Parmatma has fulfilled all the needs of his devotees,

Parmatma is their care taker, their one and all powerful support.

Parmatma gives his devotess, what they ask for.

har govid parabh raakhi-aa.

The fever of Hargovind Sahib ji has been dispelled through the mercy of Akaal Purakh.

Do not ask or worship the many gods/goddesses, Kathakaar is giving example, that the moon that shivji has adorned is impure itself, even when the moon tries to wash itself in the ganga. It is not washed of its sin. If that moon adorned by shivji is unable to get rid of its impurity, then this impurity that we suffer from cannot be removed by any devi/devtay. They cannot give us anything.

jan naanak saach subhaakhi-aa. ||2||6||70||

subhaakhi-aa - saying, ucharan

Satguru Nanak is saying this true words, through worship, through simran of one All pervading Lord, all your sorrows and pains will be removed.

Hukamnama Katha of Sunday 1st April 2007

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to hukamnama here http://sgpc.net/audio/SGPCNET271005.rm

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

सूही महला ५ ॥

soohee mehlaa 5.

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

ਉਮਕਿਓ ਹੀਉ ਮਿਲਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਾਈ ॥

उमकिओ हीउ मिलन प्रभ ताई ॥

umki-o hee-o milan parabh taa-ee.

An intense yearning to meet God has welled up in my heart.

ਖੋਜਤ ਚਰਿਓ ਦੇਖਉ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਜਾਈ ॥

खोजत चरिओ देखउ प्रिअ जाई ॥

khojat chari-o daykh-a-u pari-a jaa-ee.

I have gone out searching to find my Beloved Husband Lord.

ਸੁਨਤ ਸਦੇਸਰੋ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛਾਈ ॥

सुनत सदेसरो प्रिअ ग्रिहि सेज विछाई ॥

sunat sadaysro pari-a garihi sayj vichhaa-ee.

Hearing news of my Beloved, I have laid out my bed in my home.

ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਆਇਓ ਤਉ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥

भ्रमि भ्रमि आइओ तउ नदरि न पाई ॥१॥

bharam bharam aa-i-o ta-o nadar na paa-ee. ||1||

Wandering, wandering all around, I came, but I did not even see Him. ||1||

ਕਿਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਹੀਅਰੋ ਧੀਰੈ ਨਿਮਾਨੋ ॥

किन बिधि हीअरो धीरै निमानो ॥

kin biDh hee-aro Dheerai nimaano.

How can this poor heart be comforted?

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਜਨ ਹਉ ਤੁਝੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

मिलु साजन हउ तुझु कुरबानो ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

mil saajan ha-o tujh kurbaano. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Come and meet me, O Friend; I am a sacrifice to You. ||1||Pause||

ਏਕਾ ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛੀ ਧਨ ਕੰਤਾ ॥

एका सेज विछी धन कंता ॥

aykaa sayj vichhee Dhan kantaa.

One bed is spread out for the bride and her Husband Lord.

ਧਨ ਸੂਤੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਦ ਜਾਗੰਤਾ ॥

धन सूती पिरु सद जागंता ॥

Dhan sootee pir sad jaagantaa.

The bride is asleep, while her Husband Lord is always awake.

ਪੀਓ ਮਦਰੋ ਧਨ ਮਤਵੰਤਾ ॥

पीओ मदरो धन मतवंता ॥

pee-o madro Dhan matvantaa.

The bride is intoxicated, as if she has drunk wine.

ਧਨ ਜਾਗੈ ਜੇ ਪਿਰੁ ਬੋਲੰਤਾ ॥੨॥

धन जागै जे पिरु बोलंता ॥२॥

Dhan jaagai jay pir bolantaa. ||2||

The soul-bride only awakens when her Husband Lord calls to her. ||2||

ਭਈ ਨਿਰਾਸੀ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦਿਨ ਲਾਗੇ ॥

भई निरासी बहुतु दिन लागे ॥

bha-ee niraasee bahut din laagay.

She has lost hope - so many days have passed.

ਦੇਸ ਦਿਸੰਤਰ ਮੈ ਸਗਲੇ ਝਾਗੇ ॥

देस दिसंतर मै सगले झागे ॥

days disantar mai saglay jhaagay.

I have travelled through all the lands and the countries.

ਖਿਨੁ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਵਉ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਗ ਪਾਗੇ ॥

खिनु रहनु न पावउ बिनु पग पागे ॥

khin rahan na paava-o bin pag paagay.

I cannot survive, even for an instant, without the feet of my Beloved.

ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਿਲਹ ਸਭਾਗੇ ॥੩॥

होइ क्रिपालु प्रभ मिलह सभागे ॥३॥

ho-ay kirpaal parabh milah sabhaagay. ||3||

When God becomes Merciful, I become fortunate, and then I meet Him. ||3||

ਭਇਓ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥

भइओ क्रिपालु सतसंगि मिलाइआ ॥

bha-i-o kirpaal satsang milaa-i-aa.

Becoming Merciful, He has united me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation.

ਬੂਝੀ ਤਪਤਿ ਘਰਹਿ ਪਿਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

बूझी तपति घरहि पिरु पाइआ ॥

boojhee tapat ghareh pir paa-i-aa.

The fire has been quenched, and I have found my Husband Lord within my own home.

ਸਗਲ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਹੁਣਿ ਮੁਝਹਿ ਸੁਹਾਇਆ ॥

सगल सीगार हुणि मुझहि सुहाइआ ॥

sagal seegaar hun mujheh suhaa-i-aa.

I am now adorned with all sorts of decorations.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਭਰਮੁ ਚੁਕਾਇਆ ॥੪॥

कहु नानक गुरि भरमु चुकाइआ ॥४॥

kaho naanak gur bharam chukaa-i-aa. ||4||

Says Nanak, the Guru has dispelled my doubt. ||4||

ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਪਿਰੁ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ॥

जह देखा तह पिरु है भाई ॥

jah daykhaa tah pir hai bhaa-ee.

Wherever I look, I see my Husband Lord there, O Siblings of Destiny.

ਖੋਲ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਓ ਕਪਾਟੁ ਤਾ ਮਨੁ ਠਹਰਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੫॥

खोल्हिओ कपाटु ता मनु ठहराई ॥१॥ रहाउ दूजा ॥५॥

kholHi-o kapaat taa man thahraa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o doojaa. ||5||

When the door is opened, then the mind is restrained. ||1||Second Pause||5||

Worshipped by all, King of Kings, All powerful, Sweet Spoken Satguru Arjan Sahib ji has blessed us with updesh from Sachkhand Amritsar, in the ambrosial hours of the morning. Today is the day when khalsa was formed, Lakh Lakh Vadiya Gur pyari sangat nu.

Satguru ji has not given much importance to the presence of the body as much as is given to the presence of the mind in Satguru ji's presence. Let us say with single minded focus before starting vichaar of hukamnama.

Satinaam Sri Vaahiguroo

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

soohee mehlaa 5.

ਉਮਕਿਓ ਹੀਉ ਮਿਲਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਾਈ ॥

umki-o hee-o milan parabh taa-ee.

During the early times, the literature was mostly in poetic form, and was based on the love of husband and wife

Various poems were written, about the separation of the wife from the beloved husband.

the poems of their pain of separation and joy of meeting, appealed them all.

Satguru ji, also used this theme, the souls are the brides, and parmatma is the husband.

The aatma, the soul is separated from her beloved parmatma, supreme soul.

In this line,

umki-o - desire, yearning has sprung

hee-o - heart

milan - meet

Parabh - God

In my soul, a desire to meet Parabh has risen

ਖੋਜਤ ਚਰਿਓ ਦੇਖਉ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਜਾਈ ॥

khojat chari-o daykh-a-u pari-a jaa-ee.

Reading scriptures

Wandering forests

in the sky, in the waters

in all directions

so very near, so very far

Trying to find you, Vahiguroo

my mind has become anxious

This desire to meet parabh, has arisen and the soul has started searching for you.

ਸੁਨਤ ਸਦੇਸਰੋ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛਾਈ ॥

sunat sadaysro pari-a garihi sayj vichhaa-ee.

In the western countries, the houses are so very cleaner then compared to the eastern

But not much is done for the cleaniness of the mind, which has accumulated corruption

Through love of your gurbani, through the hearing of your naam, this mind is purified

Vaahiguroo, the soul has laid out it's bed with care

Vaahiguroo, with great care and purity, the bed has been spread for you,

Hearing your news of coming, the mind is purified with your words.

ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਆਇਓ ਤਉ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥

bharam bharam aa-i-o ta-o nadar na paa-ee. ||1||

Many do not know about you, and are wandering in doubt.

Vaahiguroo, it is your pleasure, to whom you show your path.

they do not wander in ignorance anymore.

Through all places, wandered this soul, not finding you

Wandering, Wandering, the separated soul has come.

ਕਿਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਹੀਅਰੋ ਧੀਰੈ ਨਿਮਾਨੋ ॥

kin biDh hee-aro Dheerai nimaano.

How can the separated heart be given patience?

The bride is separated from her husband Lord

long painful days, unending nights, without you Vaahiguroo

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਜਨ ਹਉ ਤੁਝੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

mil saajan ha-o tujh kurbaano. ||1|| rahaa-o.

O beloved Vaahiguroo, come and meet me, I am a sacrifice to you||1||

In the wind, the waters, the fires, the skies

all pervading, yet detached unattached

ever near, ever far, unseen, form of all

gobinday mukanday udaaray apaaraay haarian kaarian nirnamaay akaamaay

Vaahiguroo jee is doing kirpa, by giving visraam. rahaa-o pause rest

ਏਕਾ ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛੀ ਧਨ ਕੰਤਾ ॥

aykaa sayj vichhee Dhan kantaa.

Dhan - wife woman

Kantaa - husband

sanskrit words

One bed has been laid out, for both the Parmatma and the wife to sit sleep together

This bed is the heart.

ਧਨ ਸੂਤੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਦ ਜਾਗੰਤਾ ॥

Dhan sootee pir sad jaagantaa.

sootee - sleeping

Unfortunate is this, that the aatma/wife is asleep while her Parmatma/husband is forever awake.

ਪੀਓ ਮਦਰੋ ਧਨ ਮਤਵੰਤਾ ॥

pee-o madro Dhan matvantaa.

madro - sharab/wine

Seems like the bride has drunk the wine of corruption as it looks intoxicated and has fallen asleep.

The soul bride is engrossed in worldy pleasures, and is asleep to her husband Lord, Vaahiguroo.

ਧਨ ਜਾਗੈ ਜੇ ਪਿਰੁ ਬੋਲੰਤਾ ॥੨॥

Dhan jaagai jay pir bolantaa. ||2||

Now only then it will awaken, when Parmatma Vaahiguroo, awakes her.

When Parmatma Vaahiguroo, calls the bride, then she will wake up. ||2||

ਭਈ ਨਿਰਾਸੀ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦਿਨ ਲਾਗੇ ॥

bha-ee niraasee bahut din laagay.

After wandering and wandering, looking for parmatma, and not finding, it has become sad.

So many days have passed by, The soul bride has lost hope.

Asking Astrologers, Asking Wise people, Asking Brahmans, Asking Saints

Looking in scriptures, Not seeking Satguru ji's Sanctuary,

Relating with them who themselves have not found Vaahiguroo,

Not finding Parmatma, the aatma losing hope has become sad.

ਦੇਸ ਦਿਸੰਤਰ ਮੈ ਸਗਲੇ ਝਾਗੇ ॥

days disantar mai saglay jhaagay.

The soul bride says, "I searched all the lands and foreign lands for my husband Parmatma, but I have not found him"

In forests, In mountains, In so very many forms of Maya,

The soul bride is searching for Parmatma.

The soul bride doesnt know that Parmatma is with her already.

ਖਿਨੁ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਵਉ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਗ ਪਾਗੇ ॥

khin rahan na paava-o bin pag paagay.

The soul bride says, "I cannot remain without my beloved Parmatma even for a moment".

ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਿਲਹ ਸਭਾਗੇ ॥੩॥

ho-ay kirpaal parabh milah sabhaagay. ||3||

Vaahiguroo has become merciful on the soul bride and met the blessed soul bride.

Through great good fortune the soul bride has obtained this union.||3||

ਭਇਓ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥

bha-i-o kirpaal satsang milaa-i-aa.

Vaahiguroo, becoming merciful, has united the soul bride with the Sat Sangat, true company.

ਬੂਝੀ ਤਪਤਿ ਘਰਹਿ ਪਿਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

boojhee tapat ghareh pir paa-i-aa.

The soul bride says

the fire of desire has been quenched,

Deep within my own self, my own home,

Vaahiguroo is found.

ਸਗਲ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਹੁਣਿ ਮੁਝਹਿ ਸੁਹਾਇਆ ॥

sagal seegaar hun mujheh suhaa-i-aa.

Decorated with virtues of humility, contenment, truth, sweetness, the soul bride looks beautiful

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਭਰਮੁ ਚੁਕਾਇਆ ॥੪॥

kaho naanak gur bharam chukaa-i-aa. ||4||

Satguru Nanak, has dispelled the doubts,

The soul bride is united with Vaahiguroo,

Parmatma is found within one's own inner being.||4||

ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਪਿਰੁ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ॥

jah daykhaa tah pir hai bhaa-ee.

Whereever I see, there I see Parmatma

In the forests, the mountains,

in the waters, and the skies,

in all beings, all directions,

Everywhere is Parmatma present.

ਖੋਲ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਓ ਕਪਾਟੁ ਤਾ ਮਨੁ ਠਹਰਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੫॥

kholHi-o kapaat taa man thahraa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o doojaa. ||5||

With this Knowledge, The door is wide opened, and the mind has stopped wandering.||1||

rahaa-o doojaa - second pause rest ||5||

This was Today's Hukamnama Katha Translation, April 14th 2007 / Saturday, 1 Vaisaakh (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi). Please forgive errors.