Predictions made in Islam!!!!!

SAadmin

Hello muslim brothas and sisters and rest of the sangat ji :D

I would like to know what islamic scriptures says about prophecies made about this world .. how this goin to end???

I know there is similiarity between islamic prophecies and eastern relegion prophecies.. i heard that while back from my muslim freind at work...

Please enlighten us!!! :D

According to the Koran, the world will end in a very vioent, terrifying way. Everyone will be filled with dread, and will be very well aware of what's going on. The bodies of the dead will be re-formed again (literally) out of the particles they were made of in their lives, and everyone will be judged according to their deeds, which are recorded in a Book that is presently not revealed.

The Koran is very detailed about the end of the world, and the Day of Judgement. I don't see a strong similarity to Eastern beliefs about the end of the world. How would you draw an analogy between the day of judgement and Shivji's Tandav dance, for instance? The ending of the world from the Koranic perspective has much more in common with the Jewish and Christian (i.e. Semitic) beliefs than with Indian religious traditions.

You mean: the Imam Mehdi?

"Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left before Doomsday (Day of judgment), Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person out of my Ahlul-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will then fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny before then."

(Sahih Tirmidhi, V2, P86, V9, P74-75)

http://www.shia.org/mehdi.html

According to the Koran, the world will end in a very vioent, terrifying way. Everyone will be filled with dread, and will be very well aware of what's going on. The bodies of the dead will be re-formed again (literally) out of the particles they were made of in their lives, and everyone will be judged according to their deeds, which are recorded in a Book that is presently not revealed.

The Koran is very detailed about the end of the world, and the Day of Judgement. I don't see a strong similarity to Eastern beliefs about the end of the world. How would you draw an analogy between the day of judgement and Shivji's Tandav dance, for instance? The ending of the world from the Koranic perspective has much more in common with the Jewish and Christian (i.e. Semitic) beliefs than with Indian religious traditions.

This "Day of Judgement" sounds like a mythical way of describing any given persons day of death.

When you die, the world dies too.And if you take a look at Near Death Experiences, you find the following example of post-mortem life review and judgement a common theme in NDE's:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research24.html

It's a long article so I won't paste it here.I have heard that there are many levels of understanding to the Quran, and that most Muslims are stuck at the first level, that of literal understanding...

This "Day of Judgement" sounds like a mythical way of describing any given persons day of death.

There are parallels with reports of the death/near-death experience, especially those described in the Bardo Thoedol. However, the differences are such that it's not possible to equate the reference to the Day to Indian mystical traditions. This is because the Koran states that everyone will be called together on the same day (whether alive or dead) and judged. Also, the Koran is explicit that one will not be spared from going to Hell, unless one accepts the Day of Judgement.

Also, the Bardo Thoedol (without a doubt the most refined and masterful technical treatise on the vidiya of dying) is absolutely clear that the judgements and visions and feelings of fear come from the well-spring of one's consciousness only, and that even the judges and denizens of hell a recently-deceased might see are hallucinations caused by the subsconscious. Therefore, the near-death experiences are not compatible with what is being described in the Koran.

In response to Hari's question regarding Qur'anic interpretation;

Traditionally there are held to be four levels of interpretation, according to Sufis. From the visible (or literal) 'zahir' station through to the station of Haqiqat (when the self has been annhilated into al-Haqq). Therefore, interpretation is dependent upon your spiritual station.

What must be understood however, is that this isn't simply a 'literal vs. symbolic' form of interpretation, but a noetic understanding of 'hidden truths' within the Qur'an itself.

Perhaps the most important Muslim philosopher and Sufi, Ibn al-'Arabi, was very careful translating the Qur'an. He emphasised the importance of understanding the literal/visible interpretation, and would then provide numerous alternative interpretations on top of this.

Thanks jtSingh.I have this for you:

Islamic Gnostics (gyaani) live according to something called ta'wil.I think ta'wil is understandind the Quran on many different levels, of which I believe there are many not just four.

"The Quran has an outer and inner meaning and the inner meaning has in turn an inner meaning, and so on up to seven inner meanings"

Too bad most "Muslims" don't practice ta'wil. :roll:

I have heard that there are many levels of understanding to the Quran, and that most Muslims are stuck at the first level, that of literal understanding...

Der r also many different levels of understanding in Guru Granth Shaib.

• 2 weeks later...