Shaheedi Immortality II : The Second Rising | Press Release

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Shaheedi Immortality II : The Second Rising

"Sir Jave Ta Jave Mera Sikhi Sidhak Na Jave"

(if I die then so be it, but may my faith in Sikhi remain firm)

This year commemorates the 20th anniversary of the attack on the most holiest Sikh shrine Sri Darbar Sahib (The Golden Temple) Amritsar along with 40 historical Sikh Shrines and the November massacres, which left thousands dead, wounded, destroyed and homeless. As these events fade from public memory, it is the victims that continue to grieve with their hopes of securing justice from the Indian state, and loved ones returning, rapidly eroding.

A whole generation of Sikh youth have been wiped out in India during the last two decades of the anti-Sikh lynching through ‘police encounters’, which were in reality extra judicial executions, or commonly known to Human Rights Organizations as fake police encounters. Many others have been tortured to death, some missing never to return to their loved ones, thousands remain in prison and hundreds on death row.

As the sons and daughters of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, we must ask ourselves what we can do. Let us start by remembering the sacrifices of the four sahibzades and the countless other Sikhs who have given their all to protect the honour of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

This album is dedicated to those individuals who have given their all to uphold the tradition of martyrdom, we pay homage to the Shaheeds of the Sikh Nation from past to present, those who continue to tread the path and those who will play the game of love through shaheedi – they will be immortal and never forgotten.

Profits from the sale of this CD will go back into doing sewa, the contributors have not taken a penny in producing this project.

We hope you will enjoy the CD and hopefully we will all Awake (Jago) to the suffering off our brothers and sisters back home and take positive action in attaining justice!

The launch was at the Southall Nagar Kirtan on the 4th April 2004.

The CD will be available at Slough, Glasgow and Leicester on the 11th April 2004. Get your copies there or contact us at info@shaheedi.com for further release dates.

Visit http://www.shaheedi.com for further information.

IMMORTAL PRODUCTIONS

Guru Maneo Granth! Deg Teg Fateh!

Panth Kee Jeet! Raaj Karega Khalsa!

Khalistan! The reality with Guru Ji's blessing.

http://www.shaheedi.com

info@shaheedi.com

cover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard the album.. Album is full of bir raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lot of old memories got refeshed, Lot of Old Wounds got refreshed!!!!!!!

Curse on indian government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Long Live Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale

Long Live Shaheed Singha Di Fauzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Long Live Khalsa Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaj

sjs32.jpg

Gurbar AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Album is not really suitable for the sikhs who are already scholars but for the youths who are still inspiring in the path of sikhi....

This Album cd teaches them important history lesson through their words.

As there is a saying on undergroundsikhi.com

Modern Times, Modern Approach

Akaaaaaaaal hiiiiiiii akaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiiiiiiiii anand :D

Guest Javanmard

Truth does not bow down to society! It is society that should bow down to Truth!

You want to learn about Sikhi? Get yourself a Braj grammar and dictionary and start learning! Guru Gobind SIngh did not create preach Sikhi through gangsta rap and golden chains. Sikhi is far above ghetto pimp aesthetics. A Sikh should strive to elevate his artistic taste to the most refined forms of music instead of trying to bring Sikhi down to his level!

I agreee guroo gobind singh maharaj did not preach sikh through gangsta rap but when you look at it.. Dhaadi Vaars now days are becoming equilavent to inspiring songs about sikhi so i dont see anything wrong with remixing those dhadi-vaara with rap music. Actually some of the tracks in their are not even rap based songs but car racing nitro music.

Its amazing :)

Guest Javanmard

This type of music is limited to a specific macho dominated gangsta type of sub-culture. You cannot compare dhadi vars who are folk musicians with that type of music. This type of music only encourages young Sikh to remain in that sub-culture instead of educating themselves in classical vidya as ordained by our Gurus! This is nothing but cheap Khalistani propaganda to brainwash kids!!!

lallesh the classical days are gone :LOL: , welcome to da real world, just becoz you use different beats deosnt mean that it shows less respect for the truth

i dont pops and raj are into gold chains or the pimp thing ....they don't like it

its the youth now days, its a good way of making them realise wat sikhi is about

noones wants to listen to a track if the music is not good, lol...trust

if the sort of beats they produced today was in the period of the guru's ......i mean realistically, you think no one would use it?

Guest Javanmard

1. The classical days may be gone for you but they are still there. Classical languagea are still taught but it pains me to see that not a single Singh or Sikhni around me tries to learn. yet they brag brag about how much SIkhi is fantastic without even being able to read gurbani.

2. You want to listen to rap or car music? Fine! But don't mix Sikhi with a type of music that is vulgar and encourages kids to remain in a sub-culture of ghetto pimps. What next? Snoop Doggy Dog remixing Jaap Sahib?

God forbid!

This is nothing but cheap Khalistani propaganda to brainwash kids!!!

For me its sikh ithaas said in tracks which youths of today like. I think its effective to atleast make youths aware of about sikh history, no one is expecting youths after listening to this album and take khanda batta da amrit.

It's more of an educational cd then a cheap khalistani propaganda.. because not even once there is mention of khalistan but sikh sovergein state...:)

Guest Javanmard

What is the need of a drum kit to dhadivar then? Are they not good enough as they are already? Why do we have to make everything palatable to modern taste when dhadivar can be so nice without the whole bum ch bum bum ch

Lalleshvari dhadi gives bir raas to people who listen to it..just like chandi di var,etc..al may not be to the taste of the guru personally, but nevertheless they were employed in order to influence and inspire people.

This music may not be good enough for ur ears, but it hits the urban cultured youth in the west, who are drawn to hiphop,etc. Is this such a bad thing? It seems like sikhs have lost tolerance in their blood. If its not akjs, then its nihangs..and now sadly, its someone of ur intelligence and broad mindedness.

And the music is not khalistani propaganda, most of the artists invlolved (whom i know) arent khalistanis. And the message in that cd is to revive/get the attention of sikh youth, through courageous stories (which happnd not so long ago); and to create a sentiment for the people who lost their lives at the hands of oppression. So no, it isnt based on khalistan. Its based on truth; something which sikhs shouldnt be scared to project, just because we're scared of what our hindu brethrins are gonna think.

P.S i do agree with ur point regarding social connotations of using hiphop music with dharmic geet. Neverless, i still think its a brilliant step for sikhs to realise that theres nothing wrong with western music and sikhi integrating. Snatan kaur is a prime example!

There IS a shortage of ragis, however this doesnt then mean we should slag off these artists who are using what they know best, to talk about what they love most.

Guest Javanmard

The problem is not dhadi: it's the way it is presented with these beats! SIkh culture does not need these ghetto vibes! We can stand on our feet! I agree with you the artists may not be khalistanis but the way their music is used is questionable. The singers on their own are quite good to be honest. What messes it up is those ghetto beats!!! I am just so fed up of seeing our people trying to be 50cent and saying that SIkhi is so gangsta!!!

Guest Javanmard

I agree with you brother. I don't mind all these rappers (50 cent, Busta Rhymes, Chingy etc...) but let's just be careful when we remix old stuff and not let kids have the wrong idea that SIkhi is so gangsta!

I mean what would these videos look like? Some chardi kala SIngh with golden chains and rings and bikini girls?

Definitely not (to the Singh... the bikini girls... we can still discuss that lol)

Thank you very much for the info. I dont want to turn this thread into another topic but I want to express the fact that Sant Ji woke the Sikh population up and revived us all. Reading about him brought me back into Sikhi and I respect him for that. He was the only man who could stand up to inequalities and practices against Human Rights. We shouldn't judge him, its all up to god to judge him.

'1 man's terrorist is another man's Hero', thats all I have to say.

And the CD is great! Atleast efforts are being made for the Sikh youth