What is Manmat?

Guest Maha_Pavitar

jassa veere, im trying to see your point here. And i think i understand it too.

Its just, from what teachings my guru has blessed me with, i place character over external labels. And if iam not to be a hypocrite, i'll hold the sikh label to same standard. I feel this is in line with the teachings of my guru.

so again, what (if at all) are we disagreeing over?

you're absolutely right by putting character ahead. if someone has bana and the rest of the works but no real jeevan than he will be shown by dharamrai...

BUT we must remember what our guru has taught us...

to be in humility, and i guess what it boils down to is that a singh shouldnt be saying im sexy...that not the way of a singh....je me gulth hovah then accept my apologies...you are my veer and so i would only want to show you anything that you do thats not according to gurmat and if i do anything it is your duty as my veer to steer me on the correct path...

that the whole idea of sangat just that this sangat is online.

calling yourself sexy would imply kaam and ego...things we should strive to avoid.

just to show you what i mean dictionary.com has the following definition of sexy..

adj. sex·i·er, sex·i·est - Arousing or tending to arouse sexual desire

is this the type of thing that singhs should be saying to their sisters and in front of guru ji's sikhs and sangat

i see how callign myself sexy would imply kaam and ego to some. That wasnt my intention! ive explained my intentions earlier.. it was simply to express my delight at my singh appearance! and i used the term sexy in this manner.

can i ask you if you feel that sex is taboo in sikhi? isnt what the issue is here? iam getting that vibe for some reason.. and i wonder why. We should be discussing kaam as you say, so we can undertsand it better

• 14 years later...