Sign in to follow this  
Noor

Question for the Sistas

no sikhism isnt islam but its still nearly universally accepted by all jathebandies and sampardas that the head should be covered. its not fanaticism...its sikhi...noone says anyone HAS to do anything...at the end of the day it doesnt make you not a sikh if you dont, but why would you want to go against what your guru says.

also veerji...with all due respect...calling yourself sexy singh is not in line with gurmat...

it is fanaticism if there is a situation set up where someone is considered more acceptable than not, if they conform to a particular practice. and i feel that this is being done here.

it doesnt concern me either way. i find it akin to concetrating on minor details than the big picture.

Sikhi aint islam, we cover the head in reverence of Guru, not to keep men from lusting, also men have the same duty to cover the head,- anyways, I hope to take Amrit within 2 years.

Anyways

To the person who made this post, where are you now sis? Do you still need any encouragement/guidance/support/advice? I'm sure we can help you out and advise you or give you tips on how to stay a strong singhnee :D