E-Books quesiton

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Pyareo,

I visited Abacci Books and downloaded 'Montaigne Essays' but it came in .txt format which is very hard to read and navigate in..

What's the best option to convert? Microsoft Reader? PDF--but still you won't be able to click on Chapter 5 in the contents (there won't be any linking)..

Thanks..

You can convert to microsoft reader format from your word doc file using this plugin

Download it here

http://www.microsoft.com/reader/developers/downloads/rmr.asp

Create eBooks from Microsoft Word version 2002 or Microsoft Word version 2003 files at the click of a button. The Read in Microsoft Reader (RMR) add-in for Microsoft Word enables you to convert any Word document into a Microsoft Reader format eBook in just a few simple steps.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

I thought of that too..but table of contents linking..plus too many pages..I was under the impression that Microsoft Reader had some quick conversion method..

Queen of Adobe :roll: lol..not quite there yet!

Haye Bill Gate ji ( usually normall ppl say Rab ji ), All that time Summeet kaur is spending on bookmarking the chapters in this book, she could have read it from begining to the end.

Slow and Steady wins the race, unless u using are microsoft product, if thats the case "You sir are crashed" !

Modest programming geek singh :?

LoL !!!

How many chapters there are to bookmark... ? It should not be big problem... again as always --> I wonder...

Summeet Penji, koyee naa carry on the hard work... but after finishing the bookmarking, upload the same on a FTP server for the benefit of rest of the sangat... Its amazing how one person does the hard work and the millions take advantage... So what ?

Guest Maha_Pavitar

:LOL:

I'm just going to take it the easy road up and convert to a PDF, easier scrolling and at least I won't forget my place :roll:

e-books need a revival, this whole scene is getting outdated for moi lol!

Guest Maha_Pavitar

PDF is Portable Document Format, it's a universal file format created by ADOBE (!!!) allowing people to read, share, view electronic documents with any type of formatting (fonts, size, colour, images) regardless of the software or OS you created it in.

E-Books is a generic term for electronic books, used for desktop/laptops or even Pocket Pc's. E-Books require an E-reader, Microsoft Reader is quite popular, of course Adobe Acrobat Reader (for PDF files) or simply Microsoft Word or .txt files also work..