Cosmetics and Jewelry

tableji

Guest Javanmard

The times have not changed! The sun is till there! The moon is still there! Day and night are still the same as 300 years ago! Just because Western males are so insecure about their masculinity and impose their insecurity on other cultures does not mean we have to follow and become like that. The real issue isn't jewelry: th ereal problem is that many Singhs have adopted Western male standards and think that putting khol (eye liner), jewelry yes even wearing traditional clothes looks gay! How stupid!!!

We have to resist and celebrate what we are: a beautiful fellowship of princes at the service of our Shahn-Shahan-Shah Guru Gobind Singh!

veera lalleshvari, do u wear the bana, and do u think as sikhs, we should all wear them/be proud of wearing them?

i would love to start wearing bana, because i think it looks beautiful, but then im scared of what people in my family are gonna think ('o no,hes turned into a terrorist' and so forth.)

Guest Javanmard

First of all what do you define by bana? Are you familiar with the term khula bana in the Nihang tradition? There are different ways of wearing bana etc... Look at the ancient paintings and you'll see that there are differences with the one that modern Nihangs wear. But yes I think we should make an effort to wear not just bana but traditional cothing at least when going to darbar sahib as after all it is Maharaj's court, not just any place. There is nothing wrong in wearing elaborate shawls and beautiful dastars etc.. when visiting Maharaj. I get very upset when people just assume that because maharaj is all compassionate it is ok to visit him dressed like a gangsta! A bit of class please!!!

SORAT’H, 9th GURU:

The mind remains in the mind. He does not meditate on the Lord, nor does he perform service at sacred shrines, and so death seizes him by the hair. II 1 II Pause II Wife, friends, children, carriages, property, total wealth, the entire world — know that all of these things are false. The Lord’s meditation alone is true. II 1 II Wandering, wandering around for so many ages, he has grown weary, and finally, he obtained this human body. Says Nanak, this is the opportunity to meet the Lord; why don’t you remember Him in meditation? II 2 II 2 II

Sorry, i meant bana as in the dress (NOT the panj kakkar.)

And i agree with what ur saying. We should make an effort for ur satguru; at least if not all the time, then when we go gurudwara.

Well when i go india this year im gonna get loads made (banai.) Watch out uk gurudwarai here i come! wooooooooooooooooooooo