Cold Baths

if you are feeling horny then a cold shower will help.

otherwise i dont see the point of doing it.. warm showes are nicer. altho on that thought, i ten dto have really long showers. sometimes 10 minutes! so maybe there is design to the madness of having cold shjowers

ur name implies something :roll:

just kiddin

welcome 2 the board

Guest Maha_Pavitar

We can't be picky about other's choices in usernames as long as it doesn't cross the lines as stated in the forum guidelines. Every time bani refers to baths it just states it as waking up and taking ishnaan, but I agree that cold baths do wake you up when you're sleepy.

Sexy_Singh...your comments about taking baths to stop being horny are really not necessary..

Best thing is to have a good hot shower and then turn to ice cold water straight away vwithout transition. Very good for your health apaprently!

hanji, i've heard this too.. a couple doctors have told me that the best way to get rid of asthma is to use that practise for a couple months everytime you take a shower.. and it's supposedly supposed to do crazy things to help relieve asthma...

Best thing is to have a good hot shower and then turn to ice cold water straight away vwithout transition. Very good for your health apaprently!

it's an age old way of boosting your immune system. in finland, people go straight from a sauna into the snow. in siberia, they throw ice cold water over themselves even when the ground's covered in snow! there was a study done in germany where a control group had hot showers every day & a test group would have a hot shower followed by a two minute "cold blast". during the course of the 6 months, the test group had half as many minor colds/infections as the control group.

cold showers boost levels of growth hormones in the body (as does sleep & anaerobic exercise.) the term growth hormones is actually misleading as they are not actually hormones. amongst other things, growth hormones are believed to boost the immune system, help increase muscle size, mobilise fat.

thanks orchids.. i feel welcomed :) Not to go off topic wrt to my name .. i chose it because well i think iam sexy .. and a singh! a sexy singh! yes, it can happen! hahah. My intention wasnt to ruffle feathers but to express my own confidence in my singh appearance that is nowadays seen as backward and unattractive by many.

no it doesnt mean iam a player or anything like that. nor does it mean iam obsessed with my appearance. iam happily living my life looking like a sikh man and holding that iam sexy!

that is all..

how is me having this name against gurmat..

i think if a gursikh calls themselves sexy then that is their choice and i'd be curious to know why they'd be doing so!

about looking good. well, if iam meant to be advertising sikhi then i suppose it would matter how i was presenting myself.. but i dont think iam in the business of PR. is it necessary to be a good salemans when calling oneself a sikh?

i believe they do the sauna snow thing in sweden as well

thanks jsb... i suspected it was the same for all scandanavian countries, but wasn't sure.

----

on a side note, i like the name sexy singh.... & i think singhs should be sexy... better than being fussars!

& before people start having a go at me, what i mean by that is that singhs should take pride (not ego) & effort in their appearance... after all they are representing guru's roop.