Importance of Sri sukhmani Sahib

Just now, paapiman said:

Dhan Dhan Srimaan 108 Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Kaleranwale

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj.

Bhul chuk maaf

What's wrong with you ,

Name is Guru Nanak Ji Maharaj or Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj

Who the heck told you to put suffix "Rai Dev Bedi Jee". No one addressed Guru Nanak Maharaj with "RAI DEV BEDI JEE". Not even Bhai Gurdas & puratan Sikhs.

5 minutes ago, akalpurkh said:

What's wrong with you ,

Name is Guru Nanak Ji Maharaj or Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj

Who the heck told you to put suffix "Rai Dev Bedi Jee". No one addressed Guru Nanak Maharaj with "RAI DEV BEDI JEE". Not even Bhai Gurdas & puratan Sikhs.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Rai Singh Sodhi jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

1 minute ago, paapiman said:

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Rai Singh Sodhi jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru tuhade te kirpa kare. Babeyan ne tuhanu brainwash kar dita hai. I feel pity on you now. 

Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj ne Khande Di Pohol shakake sanu Jaat Paat ton bahar kad dita but tuhade warge insaan ne tan Maharaj nu hi jatan patan wich paa dita.

Jo 1699 wich Rai ton Singh ho gaye, ohnanu tusi hale vi Rai, Sodhi bana ke rakheya ae. 

Tuhanu Patshah Buddhi Bakshe. 

28 minutes ago, akalpurkh said:

Waheguru tuhade te kirpa kare. Babeyan ne tuhanu brainwash kar dita hai. I feel pity on you now. 

Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj ne Khande Di Pohol shakake sanu Jaat Paat ton bahar kad dita but tuhade warge insaan ne tan Maharaj nu hi jatan patan wich paa dita.

Jo 1699 wich Rai ton Singh ho gaye, ohnanu tusi hale vi Rai, Sodhi bana ke rakheya ae. 

Dhan Dhan Dhan Sodhi Sache Paatshah jeeo - Tera Khalsa Jape Akaal hee Akaal

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, akalpurkh said:

No offence here, tuhade Baba Nand Singh ji ne zindgi bhar Akal Takth Di Maryada nahi mani. Apni vidhian wali maryada bana ke sare Sikhan nu chakkar wich paya hoya hai.

I know its hard to accept this for you & your other mates in this forum. But Truth is Truth. Tusi mainu SIkh tan lagde ho but Guru Granth Sahib De Nahi, Baba Nand Singh de.

Zindgi bhar counting kar de rahoi, 24/7 automatic jaap vi shuru kar lo but je kise ne tuhanu puch leya ki Waheguru word te thale "Aunkar" kyun laya hai maharaj ne tusi kade das nahi paoge. I AM NOT AGAINST GURBANI ABHYAAS but just mugging-up Bani, counting & expecting some superficial results, is waste. 

Gurbani tan sikh ke apply karni si duniya te. Apni daily life style wich. Gurbani tan sandesh hai jisnu asi practice karna si apni day to day life wich.

But, tuhanu kaun samjhye? I know tuhanu eh sab cheejan hazam nahi hongiyan.

I am surprised by the type of content Sikhs are propogating on this forum. It is so sad & disappointing. 

Please don't assume that people who try to do jaap with aid are not practicing Gurbani in their life. Sikhi is in chakkar because people have closed their mind, rather than experiencing and then saying it does not work, we go around saying oh you fool stop doing this. Your whole argument is not even necessary, let people do what they want to do. All of us are explaining you the meaning of Mala but you are going towards calling Sikhs of Baba nand Singh ji Rather than Sikhs of Maharaj. 

I will explain you again with personal example. I have had my hands in all sort of religion, spirituality and yes even in occult knowledge. I recently got interested in Sikhi and still I have no problem playing with other Ideas as long as they are not making me go away from Love. I was driving myself insane with learning new weird crap all the time and was being drained out like crazy. So I found peace in Sikhi,  When I started dong Path, I read two type of people's opinion. One would say do this many Paaths In a month a and other will go noooo don't!! That's brahmanvad. remember Vaheguroo 24/7, but it's hard. Like whole day would go by and I would say oh no I did not remember Vaheguroo. So I started lostening to first group and started making a Goal. That way I started doing a lot of Path and my focus on bad stuff started decreasing. I still set a goal beaches because IF I DONT SET A GOAL, I waste time watching and reading useless stuff. So counting is my way to make sure I remember Vaheguroo at least few hours a day since I am not blessed yet to do it 24/7.

And I don't need to know why there is an ankar underneath the shabad Vaheguroo, intelligence and mat is not needed, Love and feelings are. I don't know why we are making everything so complicated. 

Also, Kabeer ji started with Mala too and eventually he crossed that stage and graduated from stage. Other people on this forum have graduated from that stage too and some of us are on this Grade. 

I am actually grateful about the contents Sikhs are discussing on this Forum, I am happy that we have a lot of open minded Sikhs on this forum who are not so strict with Sikhi that they are against everything else.  Don't throw everything away saying its brahmanvad, have an open mind, experience and if that does not work for yI find alternative. 

My pahpa ji always say deg deg key vaddey hoyida, nothing is futile on this planet. Everything is there to teach you something. I believe in learning from my Failures since that's how universe taught me :(.. Oh well lol.

Do you do Naam simran 24/7? Like you don't need any aid? No Gutka sahib ji? No timing for simran? Genuine questions, I wanna know how it works for you. I will learn something. 

10 hours ago, akalpurkh said:

Bro. Stop over exaggerating everything. What's coming next now? We gonna start writing Guru Nanak Singh ji, Guru Ramdas Singh ji, 4th Master was called Sodhi patshah. Jaat Paat is only bad when people get crazy about it, here a person is just genuinely saying praises and you are going all on him about being Racist. Have love for people's feelings rather than making an assumptions that we are all fool here and are brainwashed Sikhs. We are nice people, trust me. :)

Actually, thanks to Akalpurkh, since you wrote against counting Malas and counting Sukhmani Paths. It motivated me more to do mala or do Sukhmani Sahib Path.

When a person speaks against something, it actually motivates me to do more & increase my faith in Sants even more. Its weird but it works for me lol.

5 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

Actually, thanks to Akalpurkh, since you wrote against counting Malas and counting Sukhmani Paths. It motivated me more to do mala or do Sukhmani Sahib Path.

When a person speaks against something, it actually motivates me to do more & increase my faith in Sants even more. Its weird but it works for me lol.

Lol.. Good for you. I just vent out little bit since I was so frustrated in the beginning about it lol. This thinking stops people from doing little bit they wanna do. :(. 

3 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Lol.. Good for you. I just vent out little bit since I was so frustrated in the beginning about it lol. This thinking stops people from doing little bit they wanna do. :(. 

I hear ya...but transform that anger into productive energy if you can...

These people make me angry but then I show resistance by doing the opposite of what they so...

its like aap na de chullu bhar paani teh ninde jo ganga aani lol

They themselves dont do anything but break the shardha of beginners or newcomers and confuse the hell out of them.

Guest Anmol Kaur
On 3/2/2016 at 1:53 PM, akalpurkh said:

Where in Guru Granth Sahib Ji can I find this written, that 2 Sukhmani Path Every day equals a Sehaj Path? Who started these equations? These Countings?

Gurbani was to learn, Understand & to Implement its Principles in life. The so called "Mahapurakhs" never want Sikhs to learn, Understand & Practice the principles, instead they have mislead Sikhs in to Mugging-Up of Shabads in a Parrot-Fashion way, instead of understanding what actually is written.

It is all about 'mann' Mann jeete jag jeet. Whatever the man believes and whatever he thinks is true, the same gets manifested in life. Aap apni buddh hai jeti barnat bhinn bhinn tohe teti... If we feel that doing 2 paaths can bring peace to us.. Or it gives us contentment, we should definately do it.. If we feel that 4 ashtipadis are enough.. Do them.. Ultimately its the love, that will make guruji happy ... Its that love that makes us sit and do paath.

On 16/03/2016 at 7:13 PM, Guest Anmol Kaur said:

It is all about 'mann' Mann jeete jag jeet. Whatever the man believes and whatever he thinks is true, the same gets manifested in life. Aap apni buddh hai jeti barnat bhinn bhinn tohe teti... If we feel that doing 2 paaths can bring peace to us.. Or it gives us contentment, we should definately do it.. If we feel that 4 ashtipadis are enough.. Do them.. Ultimately its the love, that will make guruji happy ... Its that love that makes us sit and do paath.

I agree with you partially,

With this argument, people will start every manmatti activities which makes them contentment & satisfied.

Let me explain u with a simple example.
By just reading 1st chapter of Chemistry multiple times won't give you understanding on the complete book. Its not the counting, but the mindless manmatti equations here that matters. Person may learn as many time he wants to understand a chapter, but people here are propagating idea of understanding complete book by just reciting 1 chapter multiple times. 

I am sure, my chemistry teacher won't be happy with me until I read and understand complete book.  

I know, few nice people on this forum don't like me because whenever I raise questions in the complete light of Gurbani, the only thing these gangs do is to attack me personally or divert the topic, instead of giving logical answers.   

Now I am seriously tired of all this and stop replying to them. Its not good on my part but can't help.

For them ever person who questions there manmat rituals are Missionaries.

They are propagating Mammat in the name of Sikh Awareness.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 7:59 AM, Guest waheguru ji said:

can anyone surely tell me if there are any rules one should follow before or during reciting paath..??

hope i get a reply soon..

Guest jee - Most likely, you already know this. Take a shower and brush your teeth before reciting Paath. Try to recite this Gurbani during Amrit vela.

Are you aware of the Sampat Paath of Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 4/18/2016 at 7:59 AM, Guest waheguru ji said:

can anyone surely tell me if there are any rules one should follow before or during reciting paath..??

hope i get a reply soon..

There is a book by Bhai Guriqbal Singh jee, on Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee. You can go through it, if you get time. Maybe, you might find something interesting in it.

Bhul chuk maaf

18 hours ago, paapiman said:

There is a book by Bhai Guriqbal Singh jee, on Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee. You can go through it, if you get time. Maybe, you might find something interesting in it.

Bhul chuk maaf

http://www.5abigurbani.com/2011/08/sri-sukhmani-sahib-ji-diyan-visheshtaian-bhai-guriqbal-singh-ji-gurdwara-mata-kaulan.html

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Importance of Sri sukhmani Sahib

Sukhmani Sahib, is the key to attain supreme bliss.

Just as hunger can not be satiated, just by reading, talking about food, or looking at pictures of delicious food.

All this is only good only to the extent of making us go in that direction, where we can get the real food and eat it, in order to satisfy our hunger.

In a similar way, to derive the true happiness and true bliss to which Sukhmani refers to, can be well summarized, just with the very first starting verse where it clearly tells us what to do:

ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵਉ

Simaro Simar Simar Sukh Paavo ||

सिमरउ सिमरि सिमरि सुखु पावउ

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace.

It clearly states and repeats 3 times the word Simar, which means:  meditate, meditate, meditate  on His Name, and you shall achieve eternal peace/happiness.

And eternal peace can only be achieved when one merges in Him.

Thanks to the Bani, we know that the real food is Nam, which satisfies our hunger of True happines and peace, this Nam is also the True Amrit, by which we become immortal, means, we get freed from the unendable cycle of births and deaths, not otherwise.

So, in this sacred Bani of Sukhmani Sahib, Guru Jee is talking to us about True eternal happiness, and also about  how to achieve that ultimate peace,  by the simple, effortless, and the all fruitful  practice of His Simran.

SSA

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, Pawan said:

Hello,

i have a problem of sweaty hands and feet and there is no cure in science except surgery which is very risky, can you please tell me which path should i do everyday to get rid of this problem. 

Thanks 

Bhen ji thats really terrible to hear that you are going through these problems. 

Have faith in Waheguru and keep doing ardas for your health.

Here is a few shabads banis in kathe i have found that i hope you will find helpful with your health condition.

As daas suffers from migraines and headaces i totally understand how hard it is what you are going through.

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2007 at 7:38 PM, Mehtab Singh said:

Ok after 3 years I am still without an answer :D

yes you can do it in few days ,still you will get the benefits as written above. i too do in few days and i would say i am much happier than before , i feel i get Gods support in my activities . 

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 8:31 AM, akalpurkh said:

Where were these Shaheed Singhs when the Sikh Women were getting raped in the streets of New Delhi in 1984?

Stop misleading. Read Gurbani selflessly to understand & Implement its principles in you Life. 

That's a very weird statement to make. What happened in 1984 was hukam. Thinking it was anything else was manmat. Got nothing to do with Shaheed Singhs.

There has been a Sakhi where a Singhni protected Saroop of Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj alone where this mob of Hindus came, Nihang Singhs gave darshan and created a wall to protect her so...

• 2 months later...