ANTI-SIKH SPECIAL BY REDIFF.COM (IMPORTANT)

Cunard

Here is the link to Rediffs Special for Operation Blue Star 20 years on. these articles were probably some of the most anti-sikh articles i have read in a long time, all the facts are distorted, I highly recommend that people send comments to REDIFF about these bias, corrupt articles that defame sikhs everywhere!!!!

http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/jun/03spec.htm

As someone who lost 19 members during the anti-sikh riots, i found this special highly offensive

Manbir

What do you think can be called as anti-Sikh remakrs in it? Every coin has two sides. It is real fact that rural community of Sikhs were in favor of Sant Jarnail Singh Jee's movement but most of the sikhs belonging to urban society have protested against him and never supported him. I don't think expressing your views can be called antisikh views? Yes, I could have taken it as anti-Sikh remarks if he had included all Sikhs into this box.

Everyone has right to express their thoughts and if we find them ignorant or incorrect then we have right to give them counter argument or correct them.

Just take the example of Hindus. M.K Gandhi was known as great person within mass population of Hindus but we cannot forget that he was murdered by Hindu as well. We should not forget that if M.K Gandhi was preaching non-violence as hindu then Netajit Subhash Chander bose was ready with his Azad Hind Army. Every society has two types of people and its up to us whom we choose to follow. There was Sant Harchand Singh longowal and there was Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Every society has two types of people and its up to us whom we choose to follow. There was Sant Harchand Singh longowal and there was Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale.

And your choice is...?

bhul chuk maaf

Normally i would agree with the Admin but in this case i think it is clear that rediff has strayed far beyond what can be considered professional journalism.

These articles are nothing but a hate-campaign against Sant Jarnail Singh and those Sikhs who voiced their grievances against the Indian government and what we now call the 'Sangh Parivar'.

Normally i would agree with the Admin but in this case i think it is clear that rediff has strayed far beyond what can be considered professional journalism.

These articles are nothing but a hate-campaign against Sant Jarnail Singh and those Sikhs who voiced their grievances against the Indian government and what we now call the 'Sangh Parivar'.

Go to any site and see the hate campaign against Hindus. Go to any Sikh camp and see the hate campaign. Are we as Sikhs doing any better? First we need to correct our own fault and then we should go and complain against anyone. I don't know about you but I don't even care about Sangh Parivar anymore. They are just laughing stock for me. Most of the whining Sikhs of online world need to sort out things. If they really want to do anything for Sikhs then provide funds to poor Sikhs and local population in India and show them that Sikhs are there for them. Most of the Sikhs are living under the poverty line. Just see the living style of poor farmers who cannot pay their debts. Do we think that online whining about certain things going to change anything for Sikhs?

Actions speak louder than words and I believe in this concept.

Mahtab Singh Wrote:

And your choice is...?

bhul chuk maaf

I don't follow human. No human can be perfect even he was on the level of sant. Only and only our Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib jee can be called perfect as they were prophets straight from God. I respect every Sikh who has done something for Sikhs and humanity. I don't really need to give more respect to sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale because he was Sikh of Sikh Gurus same as thousands of others and deserve the same respect for his spirituality but I don’t believe in establishing a “cult†on his name and then worship him. I respect him and others and that's about it.

the article is blatantly one sided and full of factual error, once again showing the indian media has no journalistic integrity. it talks about sikh extremists striking terror but totally ignores the terror campaighn of the indian state and its paramilitaries. It also classes Bhindrawale as a seperatist but to my knowledge he never asked for khalistan. It also says the Golden Temple was untouched when in fact it was riddled with bullet holes.

for an interesting view on how indian media is controlled by the state (through uses of advertising quotas etc) read 'Punjab: The Fatal Miscalculation' by Patwant Singh and Harji Malik.

• 4 weeks later...

This bastard is writing such big lies in his articles like: " I can vouch that when General K Sundarji said that the Indian Army entered the Golden Temple with a prayer on its lips, he echoed the sentiments of all of us."

the above statement taken from "Why Osama Resembles Bin Laden"

ye my ass. this guy was a part of operation blue star. he also says: "But less than 13 years later, I found myself again in Punjab, this time on the unpleasant duty of dealing with terrorists who thought that pulling out Hindus from buses and gunning them down mercilessly was their highest religious duty. "

He also says that The Golden Temple was untouched but when those Indian "Soldiers" if u wanna call u assholes that, pissed in the sarovar, pissed and burned biras of our great Guru Sri Guru Adi Granth SAhib Ji Maharaj, killed men, women and children 'non-militants' and raped our mothers and sisters on that Holy land. This bastard rediff is a bleeding hipocript piece of ass juices.

This jackass wrote this too: "We were to go in at 7 pm [on June 5]. Since afternoon, we used the public address system to keep asking those who were inside to surrender. We told them we don't want to come in, we pointed out that there were pilgrims inside, there were women and children inside, and we told the militants that if they want to fight it out, do so but for God's sake to at least send the pilgrims, the old, the young, out safely. But until 7 pm, nothing happened.

I asked the police if they could send emissaries inside to help get the innocent people out, but the police said that anyone sent inside would not come out again. They said the militants were no doubt keeping the pilgrims as a sort of trump card, believing their presence would stop the army from coming in. Eventually, about 100 sick and old people were let out, but not the rest. They told us the others were not being allowed to come out.

I feel sorry for the innocent people who died in the crossfire. "

Im pretty sure that u accidently fell ontop of the women and ur pants accidently came off and u accidently raped them.

I AM SORRY FOR THE EXPLICIT LANGUAGE IN THIS POST I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS AGAINST THE RULES BUT IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE I AM SORRY

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 3 months later...

this lady said, on this site

RE:Irresponsible statements

sikhs need to get over petty religious fanaticism, and take nation, that is INDIA, above their fanaticism. if they continue on this path of talibanised sikhism, they are also headed for hatred and lack of rationale, that has no place in civilized world.

I responded with

how dare u call us Sikhs uncivilized and talibanized ruchita. U simply love to put a spin, anything negative about the sikhs goes. Honestly the indian goverment is the biggest thug and gangster democratic organization that exist's, they're the biggest gang around . This fanaticism that u talk about maybe ur a little bit confused lady. When innocent ppl and your family are killed its either shut up and watch or put up. The Indian government is no freind of my ppl even though they like to say they are on good terms. Since you also love to pass judgment on my religion without concern or care. Ill just go ahead and say that Hinduism as a whole is a confused, outdated, ritualistic, a mockery of a religion. But thats okay thas just my opinion. But wait "how can i say things like that OH my God!, those things arent true no,no,no" thas right I cant lady, in fact my best freind happens to be hindu. Watch ur mouth, before u start to label us as terrorists. No matter what, thats what will continue to happen since the facts are always misinterpreted, or bended so some how ur point of view of the sikh's being terrorists is acheived. Maybe you should learn some elementary respect.