Why are canadian sikh youth so messed up?

why is it that in school in canada you have to act like a black guy to be brown and if you dont try to act black then your whitewashed.

the sikh youth here are nothin but a bunch of wannabe thugs who try to act black by smokin weed, actin tuff for no reason, and walkin like they have to go take a shit

im sick of these poser fuduz, theyre just fake black wannabe shits livin in the suburbs thinkin they from the "hood" while drivin their crappy lil honda civics :roll:

why cant they just stop actin like tupac for once and act like a proper normal sikh.

your messed up man, you should try to look closely in the mirror next time and see what the colour of your skin because i know it aint black

and i got nothing against black people, only the sikh youth out there who try to copy their gang styles by smoking pung and "pimping" hoes

people like that are a complete disgrace to Sikhism and should be shot for calling themselves a "Sikh" after all that bullshiit they do

LOL - Wonder where their elders were when it was the time to set examples, set role models..teach and educate them about their faith...and so forth.

Perhaps, if they had a better up bringing ..we wouldn't be seeing so much of the "Blackness Wanna Be" ....now.

But too bad, the folks who were ahead of us..and those who lead Sikhi today do nothing to prevent such an incident.

Instead of complaining how bad they are doing..why don't you be the first one to pick up your 'bori-bistra' and start educating the youth so they can hopefully be loyal to Sikhi.

Its easy for all of us to ..point fingers at the other and point their weakenesses..when we as ourselves..are no better.

Perhaps, you should be careful with your comments ...because "gang-styling- marijuana - pimping hoes" is stereotypically connected with Blacks. All races have their goods and bads...and perhaps you should say " going out of Sikhi limits"...because what you stated was a common stereotype..- all blacks do not pimp hoes, smoke marijuana, and gang style.

BTW, curious to know as in to how you know I am not black.

no maybe they should just stop being spoiled brats by taking advantage of their parent's money while they are out working 2 shift jobs 7 days a week just so their children could have a good life.

these spoiled fuduz should all be sent to boot camp rather than having them sit on their asses at home all day or "chill" out with their "homies" smoking pung and getting drunk.

the parents should also get the blame for not knowing that india is not like canada/america/uk where it is full of 24/7 gaand

dont wanna be racist or anything but most of this gaand comes from the hip hop culture where kids/teenagers see it on tv and then go out and be like those rappers.

AND YOU DONT HAVE TO LEARN ABOUT SIKHI FOR YOU NOT TO ACT BLACK. i know some proper singhs who's parents didnt teach them jackshiit about their religion but they didnt end up tryin to act like poser black thugz.

khalistaniak47... sounds to me like you have some issues...

tsk tsk tsk...

the parents should also get the blame for not knowing that india is not like canada/america/uk where it is full of 24/7 gaand

what makes you think that india's so clean and pure anyways? ever seen what really goes on there these days?

these spoiled fuduz should all be sent to boot camp rather than having them sit on their asses at home all day or "chill" out with their "homies" smoking pung and getting drunk.

oh yeah... that's really gonna solve the problem. sounds like you've been watching a bit too much t.v. these days. what are you on about???

the way i see it, khalistaniak47, you've got culture and religion mixed up. you might have a problem with the fact that kids today like listening to hip hop rather than bhangra, but that's no reason to call them total losers.

yes, i agree. there's a problem with the fact that people are losing interest in Sikhi. but sending them to boot camp isn't gonna help. let them explore this area of life as well. when they see how superficial it is, they'll start looking for alternatives themselves. apart from that, if you're really so concerned, mebbe you should take Bambookat's suggestion and actually do something about it (in a non-violent way, of course).

Perhaps, you should be careful with your comments ...because "gang-styling- marijuana - pimping hoes" is stereotypically connected with Blacks. All races have their goods and bads...and perhaps you should say " going out of Sikhi limits"...because what you stated was a common stereotype..- all blacks do not pimp hoes, smoke marijuana, and gang style.

In short you're asking him to be 'Politically Correct'. It's amazing, one cannot even express themselves properly without some PC Nazis like you jumping on them. Who cares about stereotype OR not? What about freedom of speech? What about his right to express himself to the fullest?

I bet you would have not said anything if he had claimed Sikhs were trying to behave like English gentlemen.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Please keep these useless personal comments to yourself..everyone is free to expres their opinions but attacking someone else is not needed.

I don't think the topic question pertains just to Canadian Youth and we must remember that this is just one part of the demographic..

Please keep these useless personal comments to yourself..everyone is free to expres their opinions but attacking someone else is not needed.

Please don't tell me how to behave in this forum for it does not belong to you. I did not 'attack' anybody. I was merely sharing my thoughts with another member and the last time I checked, I'm allowed to do so. Don't get your 'kashera' in a twist just because you do not agree to my comments that you deem 'useless'. Meanwhile, get lost and leave me alone!

Anyway Bambookat here is an article I would like to share with you. What do you think about it? Any truth to it?

THE NEW SOCIAL CANON OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

by Dan Rowden, 1994

Of recent times the more strident protagonists of Political Correctness have sought to mount a literary defence of this new and increasingly insidious social theology. It is my expressed hope that the more rational members of our disturbingly apathetic society will view such utterings with the caution they deserve. It seems to me that Political Correctness is one of those sugar-coated principles that, in theory, presents itself as a philosophy of reasonable persuasion, but in practice manifests as a philosophy that seeks instead to - compel. The various defenders of the faith wish to argue that correct speech is simply about showing consideration, both for the feelings of the subject (wherein a person or persons are involved), and for the factual propriety of the substance of one's statements; they would have us believe that such linguistic rectitude is indicative of an enlightened society. This view is, to me, both highly debatable and problematic, not to mention pretentious . . .

If it were indeed the case that Political Correctness was a philosophy that merely sought to reasonably persuade the individual that studious attention to the nature of one's language was a desirable thing, it wouldn't be so bad. It is clearly the case, however, that PC has become something far other than this. What we now have is a social philosophy that has shifted its ground, and has moved from an ethic of persuasion to one of compulsion. The fact that individuals now face possible disciplinary action, if not outright dismissal, at their workplace, and in a more general social sense, have various swords of litigation hanging over their heads, makes palpable the truth of this evolutionary move. This applies most particulary to social commentators of various kinds and certainly to broadcasters in the media, who, I would think, are acutely aware of these facts. This simple reality aside, even the moral invective with which PC's defenders ply their trade and denounce the hapless fools who dare speak as their conscience demands, is evidence of this change in the ethic of PC.

Even the name of the principle itself is cause for concern: Political Correctness - precisely whose politics, and whose notions of correctness are we talking about here?

It is imperative also, that we differentiate clearly between people's "sensibilities" and their "liberties". It should be noted that the manner in which one expresses one's views impinges only on another's sensibilities, and does not, unless such views are acted upon, and with the intent of some form of imposition, diminish anyone's liberties. If an individual wishes to suggest that women are inferior to men (or vice versa), or that the Pope is the incarnation of the proverbial anti-christ, it is their inalienable right - not only to think such a thing, but if their conscience demands it be said, to say such a thing, and to do so by whatever means are available to them; and I might add, to do so with impunity.

The fact that it may strike a dull chord with a particular individual is ultimately a problem for that individual and their private insecurities. The old line about someone yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre simply doesn't apply in this context, because such an act is calculated to cause an affray and therefore impinge on people's liberties. It is true of course that certain invective, when expressed, may arouse the passions of the more irrational members of a society, and that such passions may lead to something more overt, but we cannot seek to limit an individual's right to free speech purely upon the basis of presumed or imagined consequences.

For instance, as an Atheist, and one who is utterly uncompromising in his view of metaphysical realities, I would support, without equivocation, the right of a Christian of the Fred Nile variety to publicly declare, by way of conscience, that atheists are intrinsically evil. Such a declaration would not cause me any real concern if it were not accompanied by any obvious intent to limit my personal freedoms; firstly, because I am not a hyper-sensitive, insecure milksop; and secondly, because I recognise the superiority of the importance of the principle of freedom of speech over the superficiality of individual egotisms.

It is simply a fact of life, that yes, even in these wondrously enlightened times, there are people out there who are foolish and naive enough to actually believe in something. There are yet those, who, despite the best attempts at re-education by academic relativists and sundry agnostics, still insist on clinging to notions of immutable principles and values. It is patently clear to such people that PC has become a tool for the suppression of free thought and speech, more specifically of the holders of such a philosophic perspective.

Though it may seem to some that the oft' analogised Spanish and Italian Inquisitions constitute a rather odious comparison, I feel that the principle is essentially the same and that to draw an homology is, therefore, quite reasonable. I concede of course that it is a matter of degree, but the reality is that we are seeing the suppression of certain individual freedoms at the impost of a particular social power; in the time of the Inquisition the tyrant was the Catholic Church; the new tyrant is society itself. Today we are seeing the tyranny of society over the individual, manifest in all its ignominy, through the advent of Political Correctness.

True and consistent virtue in a society cannot be artificially fabricated, be it moral and intellectual custom, or old fashioned oppression by which we attempt this. It is utterly pointless expecting people to say one thing, when in their hearts and minds they think entirely another. A truly tolerant society is one which is tolerant even of the intolerance of its particular members. Creating a facade of social cohesion and considered tolerance by painting over reality with a candied veneer such as PC is totally without merit, and dangerously myopic. We need look no further than what was once Yugoslavia for proof of this. Generations of rivalries, prejudices, antipathies and sundry hatreds, were simply whitewashed over with the veneer of "nationhood" called Yugoslavia. It was, of course, a ridiculous contrivance, and merely created an environment in which these various tribal animosities festered and became increasingly purulent, like an infected sore that is covered by so many bandages you cannot tell what is happening underneath, until of course it is too late, and it bursts forth in all its pus-ridden virulence.

It is imperative that each individual in any given society has available to them an accurate overview of the multiplicity of beliefs and principles, and yes, even the hatreds and bigotries of that society. Such a social comprehension can only come about in an atmosphere of the full and frank expression of all views - as they are truly held! - not merely as we might prefer them to be held. To imagine that people will, in time, begin to feel differently about a particular issue if they are exhorted to express their view in a particular manner, is simply inane. The truth is that people are likely to become more inflexible if they feel that the capacity to express their views as their conscience demands is being undermined.

Political Correctness is a nice idea - too nice by half, methinks. Its prophets and disciples have, it seems, become far too enamoured with its (and their own) supposed virtue. This rather insipid narcissism has evolved into a particularly disquieting sense of infallibility of which even the Papacy would be envious.

Let me stress, in conclusion, that it is precisely the relativism and moral agnosticism of modern academia that is the source of this foolishness. Such philosophies as those held by these modern Pyrrhonists deny any notion of an objective, absolute truth, either in a moral or a metaphysical sense; this basically means that one view is as true and valuable as another, hence no particular view should (or nowadays, can) be expressed in such a way as to imply superiority, or heaven forbid, that it constitutes a Truth!

You cannot force people to be more enlightened; and to think otherwise is fatuous in the extreme. At best we can encourage people to develop a greater sense of personal integrity, in both the moral, and I think more importantly, the intellectual sense. This takes time; it requires a paradigm shift in social consciousness. It seems to me that we are indeed experiencing a shift in social consciousness, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with enlightenment. What we are seeing is the consideration of personal sensibilities taking precedence over certain personal liberties (in this case, freedom of expression). In a society that prides itself on the claim of being, as we say, "free", evolutionary back-peddling such as that which Political Correctness has become, should be regarded as intolerable - if one may be momentarily . . . incorrect.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Please don't tell me how to behave in this forum for it does not belong to you. I did not 'attack' anybody. I was merely sharing my thoughts with another member and the last time I checked, I'm allowed to do so. Don't get your 'kashera' in a twist just because you do not agree to my comments that you deem 'useless'. Meanwhile, get lost and leave me alone!

Not telling you how to behave..never said it was my forum either, also never said that sharing thoughts is wrong. So what purpose did your last two sentences serve?? Kashera in a twist? I love the mature discussion :roll:

I have to say there is a very strong tendency for asian (not just sikh) youth to follow black culture and try and emulate it here in the UK to. but it is way worse in canada from what i have seen in my time spent over there. I think it is just moronic teenagers trying to act big while they have hormonal problems and are trying to impress girls.

Perhaps its a desire to escape mundane lives and feel closer to the percieved 'violence and danger' of the hip hop and black community. If they really want an adrenaline rush and danger perhaps they should join some active khalistani group.

Its about youth trying to be powerful and live the life... getting a degree and a good job or starting their own business is harder than just smoking, drinking, doing drugs... they have not been exposed fully to religion i think.

they need something to be apart of, and hip hop music is everywhere and ur sangat influences ur person. Human instincts drive us towards survival, thats why we work hard to make money to eat and survive. chasing girls is for the mating part to reproduce and carry on the race. but the way youth have it nowadays is stupid. they wish to be both panjabi... with the gold, earings and putt ******* de attitude and also black with language, clothes and music interests.

Too many people live in a dream world which is like one big movie... not actually realising their actions and the following consequences are REAL. Being intune with ur religious history and cultural history gives one a feeling of belonging... and a resilience to change otherwise...

we have all had the feeing im sure of wanting to be part of the crowd... wether thats being white, black, japanese, italian etc...

over the last few years ive learnt a bit bout my Sikh Martial Heritage and wudnt give up damalla, kesh, dhara, kakaar and shaster for nothing. Never mind bout wanting to be part of a crowd. we are the crowd: Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa 960, 000, 000 Chalda Veer! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't even think its a "Black" thing any more. Yes they (as in a small group of Afro-Caribbeans) started it, but it has spread to people of all different backgrounds (Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, Black, White, Mexican, etc).

It is a problem everywhere.

man.. i've had friends who act exactly the way that the thread started talks about.. it's true whtehr peopel wanna believe it or not... and yes, i tried exposing them to sikhi.. what i got was backstabbing, insults and essentially the "Defamation of character" type of feeling at school.... these people are almost what they are by choice bambookat.. it's not always about elders... it really rarely is.. however, the people i'm talking about having met personally do have parents who work two jobs nearly every day just in order to make things happen.... yet the whole black culture is so prevalent.. don't get me wrong.. they listen to bhangra.... so they're "brown"... but the definition of what khalistaniak47 said was right... it's sad that everyone just wants to be black....

khalistaniak47... sounds to me like you have some issues...

tsk tsk tsk...

what makes you think that india's so clean and pure anyways? ever seen what really goes on there these days?

oh yeah... that's really gonna solve the problem. sounds like you've been watching a bit too much t.v. these days. what are you on about???

the way i see it, khalistaniak47, you've got culture and religion mixed up. you might have a problem with the fact that kids today like listening to hip hop rather than bhangra, but that's no reason to call them total losers.

yes, i agree. there's a problem with the fact that people are losing interest in Sikhi. but sending them to boot camp isn't gonna help. let them explore this area of life as well. when they see how superficial it is, they'll start looking for alternatives themselves. apart from that, if you're really so concerned, mebbe you should take Bambookat's suggestion and actually do something about it (in a non-violent way, of course).

the only way these spoiled disgraceful pathetic bastardz are gonna learn is by slappin a juthi accross their boothaz 50 times a day (no wonder why indian kids are more smarter and civilized)

its ppl like u and bamboomkat that need to get sorted out as well, we cannot have kuthiz like these two sayin shiit that the only way these fuduz are gonna learn is by teachin them sikhi, u deserve to spitted on the face for sayin that

sayin shiit like "its all about tupac" WHAT DA FOKKIN HELL IS UR PROBLEM! DONT YOU KNOW THESE FUDUZ ARE GETTIN JUST GETTIN WORSER LISSENIN TO THAT GARBAGE CALLED RAP

WE CANNOT LET THESE ASSHOLEZ RUIN SIKHI!!!!!

dont mind my language but i think its kuthiz like you who are being too leniot with their children givin them everything they want, your bro/cousins/children must be black wannabes

oi rap aint garbage, for u that no n e thing how can listening Tupac turn u into a "bad" sikh, ya make no sense. indian kids aint civilised, unless u've done some sort of ten year extensive research in to them.

religion is very personal.

in my eyes, it assholes like u hu are ruining sikhi for others.

PS Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa 960, 000, 000 Chalda Veer! GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN,(how was da class bludfire)

the only way these spoiled disgraceful pathetic bastardz are gonna learn is by slappin a juthi accross their boothaz 50 times a day (no wonder why indian kids are more smarter and civilized)

kids in india aren't as innocent as you think they are. many kids in india drink heavily, smoke and do as much crap as kids elsewhere. india isn't the land of purity. stop living in your lil dream world. take a real look at the conditions in india, and you won't be so proud of your mahan bharat.

its ppl like u and bamboomkat that need to get sorted out as well, we cannot have kuthiz like these two sayin shiit that the only way these fuduz are gonna learn is by teachin them sikhi, u deserve to spitted on the face for sayin that

like it or not, khalistaniak47, not everyone is religious or understands Sikhi. forcing these people would simply push them away from religion even further than bringing them closer into it. you obviously don't know what you're talking about when dealing with getting people interested in something.

and just to update you on the conditions of the world, most people live in democracies, not dictatorships. so regardless of what you might think, not everything you say goes...

sayin shiit like "its all about tupac" WHAT DA FOKKIN HELL IS UR PROBLEM! DONT YOU KNOW THESE FUDUZ ARE GETTIN JUST GETTIN WORSER LISSENIN TO THAT GARBAGE CALLED RAP

i'm not a fan of tupac, but even i know that some of his stuff has some real substance to it. mebbe you should take a look at ALL of his lyrics before commenting on the single song you heard on the radio by accident.

WE CANNOT LET THESE ASSHOLEZ RUIN SIKHI!!!!!

gee, that's exactly what i think everytime i see comments from people like you on public forums insulting their Sikh brothers and sisters.

dont mind my language but i think its kuthiz like you who are being too leniot with their children givin them everything they want, your bro/cousins/children must be black wannabes

you don't know me, or my family, so don't bother making stupid comments like that. and believe it or not, leniency isn't what makes people corrupt... but then again, you'd know nothing of this since you don't really live in the real world like the rest of us.

TUPAC TALKS ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE BY BLOWING THEIR BRAINS OUT, RAPING WOMEN AND YOU SITTIN THERE SAYIN IT DOESNT FILTH THE MIND

please refer to my previous comment on tupac's lyrics.

GET IT THRU UR HALLOW SKULL THAT THERE IS NOTHING WORSER IN THIS WORLD THEN A SIKH TRYING TO ACT LIKE A BLACK THUG

actually, there is. but then again, you don't live in the real world, do you?

THE SHAHEED SIKHS OF 1984 SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES FOR OUR RELIGION AND NOW WE HAVE FUDUZ LIKE THIS CALLIN THEMSELVES SIKH WHILE WEARIN THIER PANTS LOW, "PIMPING HOES", AND SMOKIN "WEED", WEARING GEL DRIVING UR LIL CRAPPY ASS HONDA CIVICS ARE A NOTHIN BUT A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO SIKHISM.

the real disgrace to Sikhi are the people who insult their own brothers and sisters by calling them assholes and kuthiya. forget about those people who don't practice Sikhi. look at yourself. you're not exactly someone the shaheeds would be proud of if they could see the kinda stuff you've written bout people... (take a look at your comment below)

I WISH YOU ALL YOU LOW LIFES WERE SHOT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD FOR CALLIN YOURSELVES SIKHS.

KILLING THE HARAMZADI WHORE NAMED INDHIRA GANDHI IS NO LESS THEN KILLING A HARAAMI BLACK WANNABE CALLING HIMSELF A SIKH.

i can see that you really know how to control your anger... it's people like you who give Sikhi a bad name everywhere... before you try to go and fix the problem of black wannabe Siks, mebbe you should try taking care of yourself. it would be greatly appreciated.