help i think im being paralysed by ghosts

Yes, there is power in mool mantar but what if it’s merely a medical problem?

sarb rog ka aukhad naam

It does not matter whether there is a medical , bilogical or spiritual problem , mool mantar has the power of doing anything . but you need to have 101% faith in it and lot of hard work practising it .

it can cure anything .

bhul chuk maaaf

Ok! Let me be clear here. How come, God can help us unless we start controlling "devil's favorite"? http://allaboutsikhs.com/mansukh/048.htm

As far as, we don't make ourselves capable of controlling Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, Pride there is no use to recite mool mantar merely as ritual.

http://www.bsingh.dsl.pipex.com/khalsa/news35.htm

And make sure you read it properly. I have told "controlling" not removing because that is impossible in human body.

Vaheguuru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh!!

satguru maharaj jes bani is pavitar

nothing can stand in its way

bani is guru

how can anything go against our guru je??

if ure ver in trouble, recite rakhia da shabad

chapai sahib

dont worry

rakha eak hamra swami

sagal ghata ka antarjami

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguuru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh!!

If it was sleep paralysis you'd have to be asleep to have it happen.

Of the many many times it has happened to me, only once had I been asleep when it happened. The rest of the time I had just gotten in bed and hadn't even closed my eyes yet.

When it first happened to me, I perservered in my simran, jap and spiritual growth. After a while it stopped. Now every few years it happens again, but only once at a time. When it happens now It doesn't provoke fear in me. It is a sort of spiritual battle that I must fight. If it's true that it happens to certain people that are undergowing spiritual growth, then I know I'm on the right path.

akalbir

the problem with science is that all experiences are chalked up to be physical or phsychosomatic. Although these are possibilities, science will not allow explanations of ghosts or spirits. From the article above, it looks as thoug science has yet again explained away a phenomenon as some physical problem. So how will we know if it is a physical problem or an actual paranormal event?

Do we listen to religious leaders descroptions of the same events in others, or do we listen to science? This is a whole discussion for another thread.

My advice is only what I've experienced to work. You must overcome your fear. Naam will protect you. You are a Singh! Continue simran and naam jaap. Continue your spiritual growth. Show the entity whos boss. It will leave you alone when you show it it has failed. This is what has worked for me. Wether it will work for you is yet to be seen.

akalbir

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=15026&t=15026

i read the above site and i get paralysed at night sometimes and cant move for some seconds :( its a terrible feeling this does not happen much any more but i was looking for a explanation as to what might be the paralysing thing i feel and i read the above site and it said its ghosts :(

this is very distressing i go into being paralysed and everything is functioning around me the radio is on but my body is paralysed and i have 2 concentrate really hard on waking me up if i dont i go into a bad dream :(

what shall i do`

Ik Oankar Satgur Parsad.

Jai Shri Mahakal.

Jai Chandika.

Jai Narsingh Saroop!!

This is sleep paralysis.But I suspect that other mischievous entitiies take advantage of this temporary state of a human being.Some scare you, some are scared of you :LOL: , and some want to have their wicked way with you :shock: .In this state you are vunerable and maybe open to percieve other dimensions of space and beings that inhabit those dimensions.They then notice you and you notice them, and the fun begins :LOL: .

What do I do when it happens to me?I get angry and call upon Narsingh Saroop and tear there dark bodies apart :twisted: .They haven't come to visit me in very very long time.I wonder why... :twisted:

I like to confront any kind of nightmare or night terror.You have to take the plunge is what I believe.No matter how sh*t scared you are.You will learn more about yourself if you fight these forces, I believe.I think they are "hungry ghosts", described in many ancient texts.The souls of people who have died having very high desires and material wants.

Show them who's boss!!

This is sleep paralysis.But I suspect that other mischievous entitiies take advantage of this temporary state of a human being.

I don't think anyone can say it is sleep paralysis. I have my doubts about the label that science has put on it anyway.

As I mentioned before, out of the many many times it has happened to me, I was only asleep one time.

I do agree with the rest of your post however.

What do I do when it happens to me?I get angry and call upon Narsingh Saroop and tear there dark bodies apart .They haven't come to visit me in very very long time.I wonder why...

I like to confront any kind of nightmare or night terror.You have to take the plunge is what I believe.No matter how sh*t scared you are.You will learn more about yourself if you fight these forces, I believe.I think they are "hungry ghosts", described in many ancient texts.The souls of people who have died having very high desires and material wants.

Show them who's boss!!

Yes, that groaning and brething is indeed scary, I got so scared. I have a question, if a ghost is making noises or bothering you, and it won't go away should you pray out loud so the spirit will hear it or just pray in your head. I'm sorry if you think this question is retarted. I was just wondering

I have something else to say, I have a simmilar thing to say. When ever I'm doing something or I'm busy I see some one standing beside me from the corner of my eye. But, when I turn there to look there is nothing there. I don't think this is just a trick my mind is plaing on me. I happens very often. Alot of times when I am downstairs I can hear footsteps coming from the top floor. And nobody is ever there because my mom and dad are at work and my grandmother is on the same floor as me.

This has also happened to me.

I used to work in a home for youth in detention. There was quite a bit of ghost activity there and all my coworkers also had experienced many things. I chanted mool mantra and guru mantra over and over one night when I was there. After that noone experienced any more ghost activities.

As far as praying out loud or in your mind, I would personally pray outloud. In my mind it shows the entity you are taking control.

akalbir

Akalbir, you're so right!

To "heydudeswassup", I agree that sometimes it probably is just sleep paralysis. However, I know of Gursikhs that have actually SEEN spirits and ghosts pressing them down. When you do a lot of simran, your "third eye" opens, and you are able to see things that normal people can not see (like ghosts, spirits, shaheed singhs, etc.) And I was told by an high avastha Gurmukh that this is the first step to getting Guru Ji's darshan :)

My opinion is that it probably can be sleep paralysis sometimes, but there are times when you can FEEL that it is something else. You can feel the power of a spirit or ghost in the room, you just know it. I know of a Sant who has a very high avastha and she is able to see these spirits. SHe has seen them at her bed and they have tried to paralyse her and press her down when she sleeps, but she's a very powerful gursikh, so the more paat she does, the more these spirits get scared of her. Now they are starting to leave her alone, because she has started to read a lot of bani.

The strength and bravery of Guru Ji's Khalsas is amazinggg.

Chaugird Hamaray Raam Kaar, Dukh Lagay Na Bhaaee :D

everyone goes through paralysis during sleep, but most of us aren't aware of it because we're deep in REM sleep. most psychologists believe that our bodies are paralysed when we sleep so that we don't hurt ourselves while we dream. but the key to this normal sleep paralysis is that you aren't aware of it and it usually doesn't stick around when you're awake. if you're awake and still paralysed, something's wrong. it could be something physical. it could be a dream. or it could be you being paralysed by ghosts.

If you wake up and are paralyzed there are 2 explanations I can think of. 1: There`s something physically wrong with you and you need to go see a doctor.

2: It`s a ghost or other, for lack of a better word, thing.

Look at it like a test. It doesn`t like to hear simran. It`s trying to get you to stop. But it can`t hurt you. SO........do lots and lots of naamjap and bani. Do it in sangat to maximise benefits. It may be trying to scare you from reaching a higher spiritual stage.

Importent points: It IS a test. Don`t leave the Guru`s rehat. Wear a Sarbloh kara and kirpan at all times. ALL TIMES.

They make all sorts of weird noises to try to scare me and also touch me and stuff to distract me from simran. keep your mind focused on simran and they can`t hurt you. Eventually they will start to be scared of you (if they are not already. they may just be pretending to not be afraid).

A person with kamai is a powerful thing.

They back away from my kara and kirpan. When I pull my kirpan out I can feel them draw back :) It`s makes me grin.

Keep up. Ifyou want you can do ardass for them to get a human life.

I like to keep bani playing in my room nonstop and have upped the paat to defeat them. Sorry for the rambling. I`m interested in hearing how your situation turns out.

From http://www.akj.org/forum/read.php?f=3&i=19068&t=19068:

From my own experience , one very important fact to remember is that

you are a Sikh of Guruji. Guru never leaves His Sikh in the lurch or alone.Gurbani says ' Guru mere sang sedha heh nale' , i.e, Guru is always present with us. Guru protects and watches over you. When this problem happens, don't focus on the ghost,and don't talk to it. Instead focus completely on the presence of God and guruji .They are with you. Focussing on God will help you to feel protected,calm and peaceful, and you will be able to ignore anything else and these things then dissappear in an instant never to return.

There are posts on this issue on gursikhijeevan.com and tapoban.org. read them all.

• 3 weeks later...