ORIGIN OF NANAKSAR SAMPARDA

karmjeet

• 1 month later...

The best of things I find in Bihangams is their humility, and eagerness to help, and really impressive daily schedule.

The philosophy of being brahmchari for an entry criteria to sachkhand sahib during regular days is somewhat not ok. Also, I was reading a book on these sants, and mostly they contain the chamatkaars instead of actual biography sort of things. Well then I know little abt great people, and Perhaps, I dont have much information about sikhism itself.

Sangat really helps in understanding.

Regards.

Nope, Nanaksar isnt a sect. Just like Rara Sahib isnt a sect. Nanaksar ardas is just longer than the 'normal' ardas. Lets remember only the first part of the ardas is composed by Guru Ji's. This is the reason the ardas is slightly modified by a lot of people. Obviously you cant change the ardas at the beginning cos that is Guru Gobind Singh Jis writings. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks Pheena ji.

When Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the direction to singhs, I wonder what shud be motivation of having lineage of saints (in this case Bhai Daya Singh ji and the complete list of Guru Bhagats), after Guru ji. And then coming up with up-sampardaya too! I dont know why I feel the sampardaya/sect things as going off-way from the actual teachings of Guru ji.

With respect to all.

Regards.

Alas this has been discussed many times before on this forum, but again

- a samprday is an 'order' created by the Guru, not a sect created by someone else. Samprdayas in principle are not mutually competitive as some think. They generally share the same goal and work for the betterment of the entire panth.

This is not the case with other groups who feel they are 'right' and others 'wrong', which unfortunately is the case with a number of post-reform groups.

for more information check ou this link:

http://www.sewapanthi.org/htmls/sewapanthi_how.html

and

http://www.sewapanthi.org/htmls/sewapanthi.html

I was looking at the picture on the sevapanthi site and I came across the picture on the following link

it is a picture of Bhai Ram Krishan. I am just curious, did he wear a Kasheraa? Because in that picture it looks like he is either not wearing it, or is wearing a very small one.

Sorry, I just curious to know, and it is not meant to cause anyone offence.

i don't know if this helps clear up confusion...

first off...i'm not sure if guru ji really made all these different orders...but at the same time i wouldnt' be surprised if he did...either way...the reality is that they DO exist..

and instead of complaining about them and saying how we should all be one....i think we should welcome all of them and take what we can from them...

the analogy i like to think about is...a doctor giving medicine to patients...he's not going to give the same medicine to all patients that have a headache...he has to look at the individual cases and act accordingly...likewise...all these different sampradas and jathas do things slightly differently but with the same goal in mind...and i guess you just follow what works for you...but in the end..it's the same thing...

the other analogy i think of is...that we all live in a huge house of Guru Nanak...BUT...in this house there is more than one room... and all these jathas and sampradas are like the rooms of the house....have some autonomy but ultimately responsible and answer to the owner of the house...

i don't know if this helps you...i might be waaaaaaaaaay off base...but this is just what works for me to keep it all straight...

• 12 years later...

I am against samprada or any jathebandiya s,  also I feel Guru Gobind ji NE kabi b samprada ye jathebandiya chalu karne ke liye bola hoga, unone kewal khalsa Panth  banaya,  ye jarur hai unone kuch sikho ko sanskrit padne ke liye banaras bheja ta, wo b banaras ki terms ke according. Jo ki baad me nirmale kahlaye. Sikho kI unity na hone ki vijay ye jathebandiya/samprada hai, what I feel. 

Just now, Ramanjeet Singh said:

I am against samprada or any jathebandiya s,  also I feel Guru Gobind ji NE kabi b samprada ye jathebandiya chalu karne ke liye bola hoga, unone kewal khalsa Panth  banaya,  ye jarur hai unone kuch sikho ko sanskrit padne ke liye banaras bheja ta, wo b banaras ki terms ke according. Jo ki baad me nirmale kahlaye. Sikho kI unity na hone ki vijay ye jathebandiya/samprada hai, what I feel. 

http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/history/leaders

On 2004-09-17 at 1:03 PM, tSingh said:

Alas this has been discussed many times before on this forum, but again

- a samprday is an 'order' created by the Guru, not a sect created by someone else. Samprdayas in principle are not mutually competitive as some think. They generally share the same goal and work for the betterment of the entire panth.

This is not the case with other groups who feel they are 'right' and others 'wrong', which unfortunately is the case with a number of post-reform groups.

for more information check ou this link:

and

http://www.sewapanthi.org/htmls/sewapanthi.html

Why would these so called samprada consider women lower than men and give them less rights in Sikhi? Especially when Gurbani says nothing about limiting women. The so called puratan rehetnamas all put women down basically telling them to shut up, consider husbands as God and do what their told. Also they are told they can't do most seva, are seen as dirty because of periods. Our Gurus taught none of that so if these groups were started BY our Guru why would they deviate so much from Guru teachings and treat women as so low? This I am against. And this makes me realize they could not be started from our Guru. 

44 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Singh saab, there is historical evidence available to suggest that Sri Satguru jee did bless sampradas and give Gaddis to Gurmukhs (spiritually elevated humans).

Sampradas are part of the Khalsa Panth. Their aim is the same - union with the Shabad Guru.

Bhul chuk maaf

Absolutely ! and this is a evolving process, it will never stop everyone has a right to think in their own way and define and redefine Gurbani, as long as one does not harm any human being or play with emotions .