17 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone. do you think love exists? how about love at first sight? do you believe in it? why or why not?

Its a mystical/mysterious world... I can't neglect/deny the possibility of this. Yes, Love at first do exist. and i am not talking about the GOD. its between 2 persons..(preferbly of opposite sex/gender). I agree with some of friends here, it may be infatuation or attraction..yes.. but these are subest of Love.. attraction/infactuation are, generally, elementry steps/process..which may later mature to love. ( ne0 said this in one sentence and i took more sapace but yes i agree with his first sentence)

wait a sec... if u define love at first sight as infatuation and the first step to true love, then infatuation should be classified as love as well. then love would have to mean infatuation and lust and everything that most of us don't consider to be true love... i'm confused...

wait a sec... if u define love at first sight as infatuation and the first step to true love, then infatuation should be classified as love as well. then love would have to mean infatuation and lust and everything that most of us don't consider to be true love... i'm confused...

reading too much between lines.. but not in the right/intended direction.:)

i didn't mean infatuation should be classified as love. i didn't mean anything too phillosphical as well. infatuation or attraction may be a subset or first step towards love.. Love is bigger/greater phenomenon. infatuation /attraction (or this first step) can later grow to mature as love or it can be turned out to be lust.. or it may decay/die shortly. So, all i meant was, infatuation/attraction to somebody can be mere attraction ( and no more.. like many girls in my school/college time).. or it can grow to the extent of becoming lust ( like villan characters in hindi films) or it can really mature into love. Hence, Love at first sight can't be neglected.. it may happen... :)

Sardu ji, according to ur definition, u've basically said that attraction at first sight may eventually grow into love... so it's not really love at first sight then, is it? :P

yeah it is. if you agree that there exist the possibility of growing the first sight attraction into love it, which in turn means that it wasn't just attraction only..it was actually (begining of )love... So, you may choose to agree that love at first sight should be a possibility... Afterall its about love.. kuch bhee ho sekta hai.. kaise bhee ho sekta hai!! kisi ko bhee ho sekta hai.. ;). Hope it will help u :D

Sardu! just because u coinkidinkily end up bein in love with the object of ur infatuation doesn't mean that love at first sight exists! we're talkin bout real love here! not the beginning steps or nething! puh lease!

just like a seed cannot be called a tree, similarly the potential for love cannot be called love... so there...

Mehtab wrote

It exists very much. I have experienced it. I saw a picture when I was a Hindu and got bombed in my head.

That picture is merely an artist depiction of how Guru Gobind Singh Ji might have looked. We have no real idea how they really looked. What if historians and archeologists come across new findings that proves that our Guru were physically ugly? Will you then leave Sikhism?

Sukhi wrote

Jamuka, finally u an i agree on something...

Hmmmm, it appears that we do! This is a cause for a celebration!

Mehtab wrote

Why do I get the feeling that someone has either been hurt in love, or is denying the probability of having fallen in love ?

Yes Mehtab, I've 'been' there. I too was once extremely infatuated by one lass and I too thought this was 'love at first sight' for me. Two years of pure hell have made me a wiser person now. Please note, I don't believe that there is absolutely no cases of 'love' at first sight but in general I truly do not believe it exists. It is just a fantasy of ours, it's more romantic to meet a partner this way so we entertain our ego to this nonsense.

Adminji wrote

Bhai Gurdas Var 27, verse 1

Lelai Majnu askee chau chakki jaati

Sorath Beeja gaveyai jus sughrha vaati

Sassi Panu dosti huey jaas ajaati

Mehiwal no Sohni nai tardi raati

Ranjha Heer vakhaneyai ohu pirm praati

Peer mureedan pirharhi gavan parbhati

Dear administrator, do you by any chance have the English translation of the abover mentioned verse?

Jogi wrote

There is no such thing as "love at first sight".....all there is, is "attraction, lust and infatuation at first SIGHT"....

Yes, very true. As mentioned earlier, I've been there. It's nothing but what you say of it.

All of you who believe that after watching movies like 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'Titanic' and believe that you will have the same kind of experience just because you have a crush on another person. My advice to you is that, be ready for a shock of your life! In the real world, there is no such thing. Maybe it does happen randomly but in the majority of love affairs out there, it does not.

I too was under this same delusion for a long time. I thought arranged marriages was totally 'uncool'. I am now proud to say I am 'sober' from my own delusions and believe that arranged marriages ain't such a bad idea although it may not be the best option.

Sardu! just because u coinkidinkily end up bein in love with the object of ur infatuation doesn't mean that love at first sight exists! we're talkin bout real love here! not the beginning steps or nething! puh lease!

just like a seed cannot be called a tree, similarly the potential for love cannot be called love... so there...

Yeah. so Without seed, there is no tree.. so, i think you mean here that witout attraction there is no love ( though i didn't completely convience but i can agree ;)).

Anyway, this is turining to be an argument ... so lets wrap it up with the conclusion that though its rare, but love at first sight is a possiblity....:D :D

On a sidenote... its all cool, in my views/experience its possible and others may not convience with this idea... both are right accoding to their prespective,approach and experience. if, tommorow, somebody post a question asking do love exist?, i am sure we will have all sort of views with solid arguments. Human Nature.

Sorry but thats a dum question. And I am not in a position to leave now

Well for starters the analogy of comparing your experience in falling in love with Guru Gobind Singh ji's painting with the topic at hand (love at first sight) was plain stupid. It is like comparing apples to oranges. BTW how does one embrace a religion based on a picture? I mean seriously, if you came across a beautiful picture of Jesus Christ, would you convert to Christianity?

In order for me to prove how stupid this analogy was, I had to go to your 'level'. Glad to be of service. :D:D:D

i see you have quickly stooped to a new level in order to make your points with insults.. was this a free throw-in as part of the above service, or will we be receving a bill?

who are you to evaluate on how one feels truly inspired? is there a WRONG way to be inspired? is there a WRONG way to establish love and peace of mind? shall we all do it the way you do it? is that the only right way? if not, who the BLOODY HELL are you to tell mehtab veerji that the feeling he felt at the sight of Guruji's picture was "stupid" or "wrong"

according to Jamuka:

Mehtab, your whole faith in your religion is stupid... actually, it was "plain stupid",,... not one of those jelly filled (or bull$#!T filled, as we've seen with jamuka, here) comparing the love you felt for Guruji at the sight of his p icture was ALSO "plain stupid" (again.. not bull@#!t filled, see above)..

i uhh... hope you learnt your lesson

i see you have quickly stooped to a new level in order to make your points with insults.. was this a free throw-in as part of the above service, or will we be receving a bill?

who are you to evaluate on how one feels truly inspired? is there a WRONG way to be inspired? is there a WRONG way to establish love and peace of mind? shall we all do it the way you do it? is that the only right way? if not, who the BLOODY HELL are you to tell mehtab veerji that the feeling he felt at the sight of Guruji's picture was "stupid" or "wrong"

according to Jamuka:

Mehtab, your whole faith in your religion is stupid... actually, it was "plain stupid",,... not one of those jelly filled (or bull$#!T filled, as we've seen with jamuka, here) comparing the love you felt for Guruji at the sight of his p icture was ALSO "plain stupid" (again.. not bull@#!t filled, see above)..

hahaha...awww...thand rakh veerey...i lub ju too :D

aw Sardu! i wasn't tryin to argue or fight... i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, cool? :)

i thought that it may be otherway round i.e. you may be feeling that i m uneccessary arguing..so i thought lets wrap it up. As such, there is no need to agree to disagree , atleast as far as you are comfertable to discuss.

back to the main issue, Love @ first sight is very much possible. it happenes! :D

Consider it 'SEWA'! :D:D:D

who are you to evaluate on how one feels truly inspired?

I am nobody but that does not stop one from pointing out an odd behaviour. After all, this IS a discussion forum. No? The last time I checked in a discussion forum, one should be able to express oneself to the fullest? Am I right?

is there a WRONG way to be inspired? is there a WRONG way to establish love and peace of mind? shall we all do it the way you do it? is that the only right way?

Did you even read what I said or do you usually lose your head at the slightest criticism brough forth toward a member of the Sikh faith or Sikhism? I woudn't be the leat bit surprised if I were in front of you right now, you would not hesitate to resort to violence. Keep it up bafoon! It is no wonder that Sikhs are exchanging blows over the petty issues; ie making the langar halls with or without chairs! Keep up your idiocity! This is the precise attitude that has kept us backward and this is why we have no homeland to call ours simply because of stupid bickering over petty issues! You obviously have not gained from Guruji's teachings!

You can go to a devout Christian and tell him on his face that Jesus is a liar and he will still behave in an examplary manner, will still call you a brother and debate with you with civility. You will almost never find that attitude or humility among todays Sikhs for we are too busy judging others and losing or heads over trivial and petty issues. It's no wonder that Christian nations are the most powerful on this planet today.

if not, who the BLOODY HELL are you to tell mehtab veerji that the feeling he felt at the sight of Guruji's picture was "stupid" or "wrong"

More anger resulting from insecurity. Yes, never critisize lest you want to go home in a body bag. Am I right? No freedom of speech for we are surrounded by insecure idiots like you with short tempers.

according to Jamuka:

Aaaaah, the age old Punjabi custom of putting words into someones else's mouth. Thank you!

Yes, I have. I have learnt that despite great teachings from our Gurus, we still have donkeys like you in our midst. We need to conduct studies and find out why is that. Maybe you can help.

Read carefully what I said before simply losing your head. The topic at hand has nothing to do with religion per say but Mehtab HAD to bring it in and use his experience with falling in love with Guruji's picture and passing off that as fact. This is a discussion and if somebody wants to contribute, he or she has to be prepared to be critisized as well even if one were to use Guruji's name. I did precisely that but idiots like you cannot take any criticism when it touches Sikhism. You obviously do not understand the rules of engagement in a discussion. You're an idiot 'par excellence'!

Secondly, claiming that one was inspired to embrace a religion based on a picture or drawing IS stupid. What if archeological findings prove that Guru Gobind Singh ji was physically defect in some way. Will that diminish your faith in Sikhism? How superficial AND stupid! Is this what Guru Nanak Ji brought to the world? It's quite sad you do not see this point for you are too busy judging me. I am not a learned Sikh scholar but I think I understand the gist of Sikhism better then you.