Difference of Opinion?

Living

I want to ask the sadhsangat and the admn. group of this site who are doing a great job, ki sikhan ch ina vakhvaad kyon hai, why there is so much difference of opinion? Sikhi vakhre-vakhre dhareyaan nu condemn kardi hai te truthful living da message dendi hai, but aj di date ch ine sare dhare te castes sikhaan ch han. Koi jat, koi bhappa, koi ramgariah etc. etc. Why? Ki sanu ikjut ho ke, sir naal sir jor ke guru di gal nahi felani chahidi? Menu lagda hai asi apne-apne choti jee duniya ch fase hoye haan te doojiyaan nu nindede rehnde haan, I know this topic will pinch many of you, par zara sochiye te is gal nu samjhiye, ki manukhta da bhalla karna is true sikhi and not just criticizing the others.

Hope to get many positive responses from all of you kind people out there.

I am shocked to see that not even a single reply has been posted, thats the problem, no one is ready to support the truth, almost 24 people have viewed this topic, but no one has the courage to say that what I have written is a bitter truth which no one is ready to hear.

Sikhi has diversity.Nothing wrong in that.Aslong as there is tolerance and understanding, everything is fine.There is nothing wrong in having a difference in opinion.This is a discussion site, we are all here to learn.

By the way, what you typed in your original post is neither bitter nor the truth.You have expressed your opinion, according to your own beliefs.Beliefs aren't the be all and end all of Sikhi.In fact beliefs can hinder progress, especially in the next world (stop over station).

Oooh dear me....

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!

Living Ji.... the we as people are created unique and different from each other.... not two people are alike, even identical twins have their differences....

the problem is not the differences between the Sikhs but rather the intolerance of differences between people.... What has to happen is education of the masses first, enlighten them that differences are beautiful that they help us through this world.... if one has the ability to speak in front of people, and another can't but they can write really beautifully, than people should come together and help each other in their perspective strengths.... what happens mostly nowadays from my view is that the majority of the people that are indian in general (not just sikhs) are more obsessed about how to keep everyone else from being successful rather than trying to help one another.... so yeah, there needs to be a big time educational lesson to help overcome it...

Thanks to all of you, I agree with Hari ji's and Canadian Jatti ji's opinions, but mere kehan da bhav sirf difference of opinion naal nahi balki, es gal te hai ki gurunanak de sikhaan da jiwan kis direction ch jaa reha hai ji? Why today sikhs are known as drunkards, aggresive and using abusive language? Ki sikh isi gal vaaste reh gaye ne? Guru nanak ji di thought te koi kyon nahi chalda ji?

Please suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

Living, there aren't any easy answers for your questions. in fact, i don't think you can place the blame for the degradation of the Sikh image on any one thing. there are a lot of things that come into play for why some Sikhs are alcoholics, aggressive and use abusive language. but i'd like to remind you that we all make mistakes. that's what being human is all about. and sooner or later, these people will learn from theirs.

secondly, i'd like you to stop being so concerned about what other people are doing. are you doing the right thing? are you a perfect role model for Sikhi? if yes, then keep up the good work. if not, then work on it til you are a true Gursikh... there's nothing more inspiring or motivating than seeing someone strong enough to be true to their Guru...

i hope what i said made sense. if i offended anyone, i humbly apologize...

lol... just because we're easier to identify than the rest doesn't make it more important for us to not screw up. everyone should think before doing anything wrong. why should people who blend in more have a different criteria for being considered corrupt/negative/whatever than Sikhs?

My dear friend you are not getting my point, no doubt your opinion is right, but if we say that this site is for sikh awareness, then I am sharing this with all of you, else if you think I am wrong then I apologise, but eh mera dard hai te main aap sabh naal share kar reha haan ki sikhan da jeevan ucha te sucha huna chahida hai, no doubt eh sabh te lagoo hunda hai.

Sorry if mere words offending lage hon ji.