When Do You Know Your Ready To Become Amrit Dari?

Lion King

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

veerjee, try to keep a strict amritvela to begin with. A Sikh doesn't exist without AmritVela. Guru RamDas Jee said "Gur SatGur Ka Jo Sikh Akhaawe, So Pal Ke Uthh HarNaam Dhyaawe". So its a mandatory rule for a Sikh to keep his/her AmritVela (if you wanna be a true Sikh from WITHIN). Also, in Japji Sahib's 4th pauri Gurujee tells us that the only thing we can offer Waheguru is simran at AmritVela, which makes it all the more compulsory.

Another thing you can do is live your life with as much humility as possible. Guru Nanak loves humility, and once you are humble, His kripa will rain on you like a flood.

thats my 1 cent...please forgive any errors...this is just my opinion...and by the way, you are doing just fine, so take it easy :D !!

bhul chukk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Thanks, i just dont want to let my Guru down or myself, i take a look around sometimes and see people who have taken amrit but then i see them same people going out and doing things an amrit dari shouldnt, i feel like sometimes there arent enough good examples out there for young Sikhs to look up to or grow up around, i have been inspired by reading books from Bhai Rama, Baba Harnam Singh, Bhai Randir Singh, i feel like singhs of this calliber are very rare, when i become amrit dari i want to clock it like these singhs did, i dont wanna take amrit and then still get beats from dharam raaj!! I guess i need to just take that 1 step towards Guru Ji & he'll take those 1,000 towards me.

Thanks, i just dont want to let my Guru down or myself, i take a look around sometimes and see people who have taken amrit but then i see them same people going out and doing things an amrit dari shouldnt, i feel like sometimes there arent enough good examples out there for young Sikhs to look up to or grow up around, i have been inspired by reading books from Bhai Rama, Baba Harnam Singh, Bhai Randir Singh, i feel like singhs of this calliber are very rare, when i become amrit dari i want to clock it like these singhs did, i dont wanna take amrit & and then still get beats from Dharam Raaj!! I wanna clock this lifetime so hardcore. I guess i need to just take that 1 step towards Guru Ji & he'll take those 1,000 towards me.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

veer, keep these hopes and motivations, and inspirations close to your heart. I have been amritdhari now for over 6 months, and I have done "EXACTLY" what you have mentioned.

saying that, I must say that these feelings of closeness to waheguru and yearning for it doesn't come all the time, so use it to guide you and go with it, immediately....my problem was that I waited too long.

guru sahib is completely dyal, you have nothing to worry about even if things go "slightly" off...just remember, in all situations, that your expectations and what you think is right, may not be the path laid out for you.....stick to the path that is meant for you and even a little means alot.

stay in chardeekallah, waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you are sure you will never take drugs, including sukha, sure never to cut hair, love the Panth anre ready for Jaa Tao Praim Khelan Kaa Chaa-oo Sir Dhur Tali Gali Mori Aaoo

Also when you have kaam under control and read Gurbani and sure you can live up ot the rehat

www.sgpc.net and click rehat maryada and choose the punjabi version if you know punjabi else use the english one