Sant baba Mani Singh Ji

SAadmin

got it from : tapoban.org

Sant Baba Mani Singh jee was a sangi of Sant Baba Attar Singh jee - perhaps the greatest of all sikhs sants. Baba Mani Singh jee was notoriously known for his miracles. Baba Mani Singh jee visited Kenya, E. Africa once and there too showed many miracles.

Once he and his sangis were touring a National Park when the sangat expressed a need for food. It is said, Baba Mani Singh jee told one of the sangis to go up the tree and shake it a little bit. That was done and sweets fell from the tree!

On his way back to Nairobi, the capital city, Baba jee suddenly made the driver stop his car in the middle of the highway. He got off and stood at the side of the road. A female deer came to him. Baba jee hugged her and a few minutes later, she died in his arms. He later told his sangis that that was his mother in previous life and that was the sole reason he had come to Kenya - to give her mukti.

Anyways, when he was about to leave Kenya, the Kenyan sangat humbly requested Baba jee to start residing in Kenya because of a lack of sants in that country (daas had not yet come to Kenya yet ((). Baba jee laughed and said that there already is a puran sant within you. And that was Baba Puran Singh jee Kericho vaale (daas will illuminate Baba Puran Singh jee's life in a later post).

But the most related part to this theme happened at Baba Mani Singh jee's deathbed (in India). He told his sangis:

"Guru did kripa on me because of my sangat and seva of Sant Baba Attar Singh jee; however I spent that kripa on showing off miracles to the world. I now go empty handed to the other world. However, the guru is mercifull - I will take another life and in that life I will live a gupt gursikh life and earn naam dhan and become mukt."

And daas has absolutely no doubt that Baba Mani Singh jee is living amongst us right now. He might be that gursikh who we see sometimes with a broom in his hand at the gurudrawa. Or the gursikh who has long hair and wears shorts to gurudrawa and looks nothing like a gursikh but yet who shows up first for keertan and listens with complete attention and disappears mysteriously before langar (there is one such gursikh at our gurudrawa).

So pyareo, do not think that guru does kirpa only on the most high profile gursikhs - sants or Bhai Sahibs; but rather the guru does kirpa on any gursikh. Like us. We could and indeed will be blessed with naam; with Waheguru's darshan and place in sach khand.

waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru

• 11 years later...
Guest K kaur

I have been searching the web for any mention of Sant Mani Singh who visited Kenya three times when I was a little girl. I will try to find a photograph of Baba ji in my family's collection. He was the real Saint I have seen, the story of him stopping to give mukti to the female deer is well known. He was very close to my family. This was in the early 1950s. Please add more information cif you have. Thank you.

• 2 years later...
Guest Paramjit Singh USA

I was born on 1951 at Delhi. Sant Mani Singh ji frequently visited my Grand father. One week after I born Sant ji came to our house and told my grandmother, bring Kaka to me and don't forget my Pagg, kachera and chaddar which your keeping for me. He could not came in side the house he was sitting in the car because he had injury on his heal, he pick me up and gave his blessings and said if he does kirtan who is going to play Jori with him. He said guru will bless this family with Jori wala. My brother born 11 years after me who play great table when I do Kirtan. I am also looking for some one who can tell me more about him.

• 11 months later...
Guest thelightwithinus.1

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee ki fateh jee 

vaheguru sangat jee does anyone have a picture of baba jee or even anything written on their jevan anywhere jee if yes benti jee send it through here jee

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee ki fateh 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BornagainSikh

Waheguru jee ka khalsa 
Waheguru jee ki fateh

I have been reading the information about Sant Baba Mani Singh Ji Maharaj and would like to say that I have  some  further
information that I would like to share.

• 4 months later...
Guest Gurdeep K Chadha
On 8/12/2016 at 2:41 AM, Guest K kaur said:

I have been searching the web for any mention of Sant Mani Singh who visited Kenya three times when I was a little girl. I will try to find a photograph of Baba ji in my family's collection. He was the real Saint I have seen, the story of him stopping to give mukti to the female deer is well known. He was very close to my family. This was in the early 1950s. Please add more information cif you have. Thank you.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kaaljka
On 9/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, Guest Gurdeep K Chadha said:

I have some information on Dant Baba Mani Singh’s visit to Nairobi and have a photograph of Baba ji too 

vah can you send it please it would be great

• 3 months later...
Guest Narinkar
On 5/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, Guest BornagainSikh said:

Waheguru jee ka khalsa 
Waheguru jee ki fateh

I have been reading the information about Sant Baba Mani Singh Ji Maharaj and would like to say that I have  some  further
information that I would like to share.

Fateh ji, please share any new information you may have on Sant Baba Mani Singh Ji? Or kindly share contact details?