does educating yourself harm your bhagti?

i'm not talking about going to school kinda education, or even education on Sikhi.

i've been told by many people that when you start talking about your spiritual experiences, it may be detrimental to your bhagti.

well, is learning about what's happening to you similar in that sense? will you stop having certain experiences if you make the effort to learn about them?

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Sukhi, I suggest you read the following easily available books and then formulate your own understanding (of course with Maharaj as your guide):-

-Autobiography of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh: The theme here will support generally the not speaking/not speaking too much about such experiences and against excessive scholastic study.

-Bandginama: This is a personal account and here the author explains why he has chosen to openly discuss the matters of spirituality and simran and effectively 'broken' the silence ruling.

Hope these help.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Shaka Nyorai, yes "BHAI SAHIB BHAI" Randhir Singh -please explain what makes me a joker?

In his autobiography he clearly shows that it is his view that speaking 'too much' about such matters is not recommended (later repeated by Bhai Rama Singh) and also indicates through his growing neglect of work and studies as his mystic experiences begun his view of academic and/or professional work.

I do think talking about spiritual expereinces too much with people does harm your bhagti....depending who you talk to really.

Having said that, I think its absouletely alright to talk about the spiritual expereinces to your murshid/gurdev or any sadhu for guidance.