Introducing ourselves...

SAadmin

No thank you for letting me come here.

The www.sikh-history.com board had now changed to www.sikhphilosophy.net. It woulf be good to have links with you guys, because I understand you are a non-Jatha/sect aligned forum like us. Is that true?

Sikhawareness sevadars doesn't belong to any jatha or samparda. At our forum, we don't idolize any specific personality groups/samparda/jatha/icons. Our main focus is gurbani, history, gyan-vigyan in gurbani, sidhant of gurmat, comparative study of other school of thoughts with gurmat, sikh heritage, oral, spiritual traditions of khalsa panth via traditional orders, contributions of saints/scholars/warriors of the panth.

We truly believe sri guru nanak dev ji have a beautiful garden, where there are many types of flowers which are beautiful and unique in its own way not just four/five but many , all the flowers lead to one seed/sidhant- seed of gurbani which was presented/pargat by sri guru nanak dev nirankar in 10 joti sargun saroop.

At Sikhawareness, we try to follow two types of vichars below. Whilst, realistically speaking its almost impossible for all the members to follow this below but sevadars do try to encourage only two types of vichars on this forum to avoid any personal attacks or debates going around in circles.

Four types of Conversations.

1) Heth - Where you listen to someone because you know they have more kamai and more knowledge than you. You are humble when listening. This also applies to school.

2) Vaadha - Where you actually do your research and share to positively add to a conversation constructively. Even if there is disagreement, you should not hurt another's feelings or prove that you are better.

3) Jalapa - Where you say stuff to put the other down. Try to make yourself look good.

4) Vitaardha - Where you keep talking and don't listen to anyone else (the majority of us).

*** This is from a sakhi where some pundits asked Guru Hargobind Ji what type of conversations are allowed. Guru Hargobind Ji said a Gursikh only takes part in the first 2 types of conversations. ***

Gurmukho welcome one and all to SikhAwareness.com

as N30 paaji mentioned, none of the sewadars are affiliated to a specific group. we're all just walking with everybody else on this path imbued in the love of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

theres plenty here to be inspired by!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi am new on this forum and this is my second post. I am as my username says..seeking the truth. I am a sikh and i am at the point in my life where i want to stop drinking, going out and meeting girls. I want a more spiritual life and i think the way i can do this is to learn, learn and then learn some more.

I think that summarises who i am and what i am about.

Welcome bro, I hope you find sikh spirituality you looking for here. This forum has many spiritual topics and discussions. It's enrich with spiritual topics ie- meditation, topic of week forum, saints section. It's quite over-whelming and intriguing for newcomer as it clears common misconception that Sikhi is only militant faith.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I know Sikhi is a beautiful religion and i have not fully embraced or even acknowledged how much benefit leading a good life following the teachings of the Gurus would have on me. There are many people i could blame for my msidirected ways but fundamentally the blame lies on me as i am old enough to make the right decsions and thatis the reason i am reading up as much as i can about sikhi to better my lfe and have an impact on the people around me. Gosh i m getting deep...i suppose all i want is to stop doing things i do now and be a good example to not only younger sikhs but people of other religions aswell.

I look forward to learning, not by people telling me things, simply by doing my own research, make my own conclusions and then maybe asking people on this forum about things i may be unclear on.

Welcome Zulu.

Although I think you are getting your tribes mixed up. Zulus are predominantly from South Africa, with a few smaller populations around neighbouring countries.

You are more likely a Maasai. Jambo.

LOl!!! indeed I know im getting my tribes mixed up....maybe my pugh will give my tribe away B) get it....pointypugh....

I maybe a massai I maybe a a zulu or i maybe a san bushmen or maybe im nothing at all.....take a guess

• 2 months later...

My name is the Gogi Singh my english not very best because I do come the india not long time and when we do live pind I not do good school because i do the ride my horse his name swaraj and the look afters my dog. My dogs is the bully and the gaddi dogs the bully is the best the my district and lots peoples ask me to help them get he puppy dogs. They do live my aunty in the pathankot now.

I do the sikhsangat forum member but the inder do me ban because he run the forum this days. He is doing the off topic all the time then when tell him not spoil he tell the his friend admin to ban me. He do this lots the people on the sikh sangat and the forum is now his the inder board not the sikh sangat forum board. I do the private email the admins the sikh sangat but them not do the me reply. So I do the wait for them reply and get no reply so I join the this board. I do the hope the inder not do run this board or the best friend with the admin so he get the peoples the ban if them post the thing he cannot reply because him brain not think anything so ban the peoples. All the times he not do reply message because him brain not clever so he do the call people darsha afghan dilgeer agent but the admins let him doing this all the time. So I get bored with the sikhsangat policy to let the inder do write anything but not anyone else do the him highlight writing the bad things and do the beadbi.

My name is the Gogi Singh my english not very best because I do come the india not long time and when we do live pind I not do good school because i do the ride my horse his name swaraj and the look afters my dog. My dogs is the bully and the gaddi dogs the bully is the best the my district and lots peoples ask me to help them get he puppy dogs. They do live my aunty in the pathankot now.

I do the sikhsangat forum member but the inder do me ban because he run the forum this days. He is doing the off topic all the time then when tell him not spoil he tell the his friend admin to ban me. He do this lots the people on the sikh sangat and the forum is now his the inder board not the sikh sangat forum board. I do the private email the admins the sikh sangat but them not do the me reply. So I do the wait for them reply and get no reply so I join the this board. I do the hope the inder not do run this board or the best friend with the admin so he get the peoples the ban if them post the thing he cannot reply because him brain not think anything so ban the peoples. All the times he not do reply message because him brain not clever so he do the call people darsha afghan dilgeer agent but the admins let him doing this all the time. So I get bored with the sikhsangat policy to let the inder do write anything but not anyone else do the him highlight writing the bad things and do the beadbi.

does anybody else love this guy?

does anybody else love this guy?

You keeping the good goat in you farm. You the england or the punjab live. The good goat sell him 1lakh rupee this year in the malerkotla because the muslim mans say it got the writing allah on him goat. I like the goat but he not nice if them do him jhatka because he stand still then whoosh the kirpan do him cut head.

This years the Fatehgarh Sahib livestock shows some peoples bring the expensive goats but thems look same as the normal goats so I do the asking them what the special you goat. They do the tell me they have the special hairs to make the expensive clothes for the people. Then I see the expensive 1 lakh donkey which is looks like normal donkey but him owner keep saying me he is special so i say the ok and look the show horses.

• 2 months later...
Guest SuperGal

Hi everyone, Im new

I live in UK, Ilford/Barking

I am 21 and studying my most hated course @ uni (computing) super boring. My class is full of guys, probably 5 girls in total, girl-talk is restricted (you can imagine).

This might sound very lame, but truth is I want to have Sikh friends. I don't have any of those.

Oh yeh, and I hate computers.

I know some martial arts, and am broke (no money), no worries i will get a job one day, some day, if ever.

I think i want to be a teacher in the future (who knows, im always changing my mind)

Is this too much information??

You have to know my fav colour, its PINK, yeh thats right im crazy about it.

I like nature too, you know flowers: tulips, roses (red), and forget-me-nots (coz im forgetful)

I cant think of anything else to write, oh i know, i like romantic movies and thillers/ action. The latest movie i saw was 'Valentines day'- funny funny, like the part when Jennifer Garner hits pinata with bat + gay scene.

Too much information, my brain is on overdrive.