Introducing ourselves...

SAadmin

WJKK WJKF

I just want to say hello. I was referred here by someone else, who suggested this was a very good place for discussion of spiritual / philosophical aspects of Gurbani etc.

Myself, I am a gori Canadian girl, who found Sikhi in my 20's after a lot of comparative religion and deep inner journey, which stemmed from some deeply spiritual experiences I had when I was younger. I eventually ended up on the path to Sikhi because when I read SGGSJ for the first time (in English) things just 'clicked' and I literally got shivers reading it.

That was over 5 years ago. I have been going to the gurdwara here locally for over 3 years now (99.9% Punjabi Sangat - I never came to Sikhi from 3HO... just want to make that clear since lots of people automatically think white = 3HO and I am not) Anyway I am heading to India for the second time - just 3 weeks from now and I am taking Amrit while I am there :)

Hope to get to know you all, recognize some names already...

WJKK WJKF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Welcome truthseeker. Nice to meet you as well.

I hope you enjoy your stay here..too bad this is cyber space. If its in real life, you would have the pleasure to eat free kitchen meal at our gurdwara(temple) while learning about theology or sikh religion :P

• 1 month later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I am Gagandeep Singh and My Age Is 18.I am Indian and Punjabi but don't Live In Punjab :D.Going to join A University this year For My Further Studies In Commerce.I got serious Into Sikhi from last november,One Baba Ji said me to not cut hairs..I don't know why I agreed and then discovered much things on Internet about Sikhi.Listening to Maskeen Ji's Kathas made me more serious about Life,God and Sikhi,Then I Got here and This forum helped me alot.My Intrestes are Collecting Info..Cricket.Chatting...Hanging Out..Computer Games..ReaDing Books.

Thanks, and I will be very happy if I would have some Sikh friends. :D Don't have much friends But i am looking for some of them.

Edited by GagandeepSingh

I am here because I am forced to be here... Hi everyone though:)

Welcome - Hakum Rajaie Chalna Singh/Singhani :P...hope hakum lets you stay longer here and help us with great gurbani divine insight :)
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I am Gagandeep Singh and My Age Is 18.I am Indian and Punjabi but don't Live In Punjab :D.Going to join A University this year For My Further Studies In Commerce.I got serious Into Sikhi from last november,One Baba Ji said me to not cut hairs..I don't know why I agreed and then discovered much things on Internet about Sikhi.Listening to Maskeen Ji's Kathas made me more serious about Life,God and Sikhi,Then I Got here and This forum helped me alot.My Intrestes are Collecting Info..Cricket.Chatting...Hanging Out..Computer Games..ReaDing Books.

Thanks, and I will be very happy if I would have some Sikh friends. :D Don't have much friends But i am looking for some of them.

Welcome bro. Maskeen ji katha is very good.

Guest mool mantra

hi everyone..well truth be told im putting a message on here to see if this works..reason being is there is a 'reply to this topic' at the bottom of discussions but at the top of the screen says 'sign in' but when i attempt to do so it does not recognise me...

Guest Kuttabanda2

Hi, I'm Manpreet Singh, I came into Sikhi about 4-5 years ago, have fallen in love with it since. I'm ethnically mixed but have strong Panjabi roots and was raised mostly Panjabi. I'm a Highschool student who's looking becoming a Lawyer or Neurologist. I enjoy traveling and uhhm that's it I guess.

Ohh And I have an unhealthy obsession with Dasam Granth.

hi i am Nikhil Singh kharey i came into sikhi about 2 years ago when i was in 9th stranded i live in dehradun famous for two things 1) basmati rice 2) ram rai ( son of shri guru hr rai) who set his dera here i love to meditate. i want to be a zoologist.

Waah ji ..Maharaj di kirpa hoyi ..Kharey are kayasth i believe

hi i am Nikhil Singh kharey i came into sikhi about 2 years ago when i was in 9th stranded i live in dehradun famous for two things 1) basmati rice 2) ram rai ( son of shri guru hr rai) who set his dera here i love to meditate. i want to be a zoologist.

Waah ji ..Maharaj di kirpa hoyi ..Kharey are kayasth i believe

no kharey belongs to tarkhan (carpenters) community also called ramgharia community.

• 4 months later...

Salam to All

I am from Punjab, Pakistan ... I am here to learn about the history of the Sikh religion, and its basic teachings. I, like many others here in Pakistan, grew up listening to terrible stories about Sikhs (and Hindus) .. But when I actually started reading about Sikhism, I was surprised to learn that the Guru Granth Sahib contained (some) verses of  Muslim Origin, and that the Sikh Gurus didn't preach (or practice) hatred towards any religion (including Islam) .. I would like to learn more about the Sikh Gurus and their wars against Mughals ... Can anyone suggest some good (and neutral) sources please ?

Salam to All

I am from Punjab, Pakistan ... I am here to learn about the history of the Sikh religion, and its basic teachings. I, like many others here in Pakistan, grew up listening to terrible stories about Sikhs (and Hindus) .. But when I actually started reading about Sikhism, I was surprised to learn that the Guru Granth Sahib contained (some) verses of  Muslim Origin, and that the Sikh Gurus didn't preach (or practice) hatred towards any religion (including Islam) .. I would like to learn more about the Sikh Gurus and their wars against Mughals ... Can anyone suggest some good (and neutral) sources please ?

Welcome Sarmad to our forum, hope you enjoy your stay here. For starters , you may research into gurmat (theology of sikh religion given in gurbani compositions- Mool mantar/Japji sahib/rehraas /Asa di var Sukhmani sahib /Akaal ustat) from there you will know Guru sahib perception or vision not just for muslims but all of humanity equally. History is interpretation of historian we should definitely read it too but one gets true picture what's Sikh Guru's vision-dristhi / perception really is from their own writings, baba farid ji writing in sri guru granth sahib ji which were included in sri guru granth sahib ji

Salam to All

Salaam Paaji,

Sikhism does not preach hatred against any religion. Sikhs are suppose to respect all saints and prophets, including Prophet Muhammad and Prophet Ali. 

Some interesting facts:

-  First master (Satguru Nanak Dev jee Maharaaj) had a Muslim companion, by the name of Baba Mardana jee, who stayed with him for many many years.

-  One of the first male devotees of first master was a Muslim landlord, by the name of Baba Rai Bulaar Bhatti.

-  The foundation stone of Golden temple (most sacred shrine for Sikhs) was laid by a Muslim saint by the name of Hazrat Main Mir Saab.

-  In addition to Sheikh Baba Farid jee Maharaaj, verses of another Muslim saint, by the name of Baba Sain jee Maharaaj are also included in SSGGSJ (Guru Granth Sahib jee).

-  Baba Kabir jee Maharaaj, even though a Hindu by birth, was raised by Muslim parents. His verses are also included in SSGGSJ (Guru Granth Sahib jee).

-  Sayed Khan saab and Sayed Baig saab (two Mughal commanders) defected from the Mughal army, to join forces with Sikhs against the Mughal government.

-  Sixth master (Satguru Hargobind saab jee) gave Sardari of an area to a Muslim by the name of Hasan Khan.

-  Tenth master (Satguru Gobind Singh saab jee) did not fight battles, only against Mughals. Battles were fought against hill chiefs (who were so-called Hindus) too. In addition to that, Satguru jee gave strict punishments to corrupt Sikh (so-called) priests. In short, Satguru jee's battles were against evil men, irrespective of their religion.

-  Tenth master told Nabi Khan saab and Ghani Khan saab, two Muslim Pathan brothers that they were more dear to him, than his own sons.

-  There was another Muslim Pathan who had great love for tenth master, who wanted to join the Sikh army, but it was too late by that time.

Please note: It is possible that some people on this forum might use offensive language against or insult Islam. Please do not pay attention to those people.

Bhul chuk maaf