Guru Nanak Dev ji

Infernal Monk

oh no..its started again....lol

good posts guys...I understand about understaing and realizing...we have to do both...but this is my attempt at understanding...doesn't make any sense by pushing it away by saying we have to realize it...following your logic atleast...thanks.

note in my post the face that "realization" comes from both programming the computer AND reading the manual.

:roll:

bejeebers... repetition... :P

yes I get that...but what I'm trying to do right now is read the manual...but you are telling me to reach realization (which includes manual and actually doing the work).

I can't read the manual, so i come here for help, and I get you must experience it...but you see i'm still at my original porb of not being able to read the manual...sorry but this answer sounds like a cop out.

what do you think of the notion that it isn't as important understanding why something is said as just doing it as a means to "realization"?

i'm generally aversive to doing that, merely cuz i can't stop questioning things (and i know it'll be the death of me someday soon), but some people have pointed out that faith should be enough.

see there's two sides to this issue.

if we just close our eyes and do whatever, we're just blindly following the trail Guru Sahib left for us. and one of the things that we're not supposed to do is to follow rituals blindly.

but on the other hand, when you ask too many questions or you think about things too much, you tend to get lost in unimportant details.

sometimes i get the feeling though that it's not necessarily the answers for the questions that we need, but rather the questions themselves (awareness).

i'm guessing the solution to this lies in finding a balance between the two.

so... who wants to show us the balanced way of doin things? :LOL:

Intellect is a hinderence, unless this intellect is used with discipline. To understand something with the knowledge that you know nothing at all will keep your intellect from overpowering your heart.

Intellect is not necessary to attain this enlightenment. Like Iron-Singh said, all you need is simran, he is very correct, all you need is simran, you need not know or understand the complicated spiritual phenomena of Chakras, Kundalini, Astral..ets except Simran, hence the simplicity of Baba Nanaks Path. You only need innocence. As i stated above your intellect will overpower your innocence unless you are attainthing this knowledge with discipline of Simran. Tehre needs to be a balance of meditation and knowledge read/heard. Both are necessary. meditation provides this Discpline for you are able to grasp only that which you are rightfull owner of. Not more. Wisdom attained thru Simran is your deserving wisdom becuase yuo only attain that wisdom which you are capable of accepting and understanding.

It is not to say that reading books of other or attain knowledge from the outside is bad both have their purposes. But Discipline thru meditation is a must along with understanding knowledge from the outside.

That is why people read wisdom of others thru books etc...when they don't have the proper discipline for it, so they become intoxicated with intellect alone wihtout proper guidence of its strenght....hence EGO becomes their problem. They feel they have known yet they know nothing at all.

I doubt what i said has nething to do with what you peple are talking about, but few thoughts arose so i wrote them

Good day my fellow Gods and Godesses. :)