The Role of Celibacy in the Spiritual Life

karmjeet

But let me also add that if you can conserve your semen for a while it will greatly help with posture when sitting down, you will have less brain fog when studying, your eyes will tire less easily when concentrating on an image, your laziness will decrease, you can relatively get up at amritvela easier, and you will be more aggressive which will help with your career, and gaining respect from people in general. These are the things that I personally noticed. Others can add too. 

Also , you should add workouts/ lifts/ squats to your regime which will reduce the chances of nightfalls and it may also decrease your libido. 

Maybe other advanced practitioners can add how it affects their meditation experience ? 

But let me also add that if you can conserve your semen for a while it will greatly help with posture when sitting down, you will have less brain fog when studying, your eyes will tire less easily when concentrating on an image, your laziness will decrease, you can relatively get up at amritvela easier, and you will be more aggressive which will help with your career, and gaining respect from people in general. These are the things that I personally noticed. Others can add too. 

Also , you should add workouts/ lifts/ squats to your regime which will reduce the chances of nightfalls and it may also decrease your libido. 

Maybe other advanced practitioners can add how it affects their meditation experience ? 

​spot on !

Conserving or abstaining, channels the "ojas" (as i explained in other thread) towards other energies such as mental, physical and spiritual.

We know how athletes, competitive sportsmen and even chess players are told to abstain before major events.

First of all i just wanted to be quite frank..i am not there yet at this stage where i can see or experience bhog as divine..i have tried but failed many many times as one have to fully abided in  source-absolute of all things first, recognized and realized it then one operates from there then only one can be engaged yet totally de-attached in sex- engaged being in expression of divine yet de-attached not confined in the expression but stay as their real self- source .. 

When it comes to pristine gurmat view on this sex, we have to bring non dual frank references on bhog (all wordly things related to body five senses including sex) in gurbani and explore deep layers of gurmat. I don't think bhog bilas after marriage is discouraged in gurbani as whole, like you would see in other indic spiritual orders-self loathing traditions like- adi sankara initial view on maya, vedant view on maya. Most conceptual vedantis- acknowledge and totally beleive- The world is illusion, bhraman alone is real but totally ignore sankara last word- world is bhraman but off course they cannot relate to last word as it has to be felt and realized. 

In absolute reality, there is no sin being sex after marriage as PURE LIVE, ETERNAL, ALIVE IKOANKAR IS ONLY AND ONLY ONE expressing itself, enjoying itself via its creation. You, me and everyone is part of it. Whole ocean is in drop, drop is in the ocean.

Only it becomes sin, when act binds us or we identify ourselves with the act thats all as we get attached with it with sense of doership (I-ego) and our five senses, with separation there is karma, reincarnation, endless samsara-suffering-hell, reincarnation.

Make no mistakes its very slippery slope, its like walking on thin ICE until full realization.

In marriage, sexual intercourse for enlightened pure god- its not matter of act but rather matter of pure cognitive enlightened perception pure realization of Ikoankar.

Here sri guru gobind singh ji is talking about things which may even seem to some very controversial just by hearing the name, declaring there is no duality as such at all- its all god, all in god, god in all:

In gurbani, at deeper stages, there is no duality left as such, vaheguroo is taking both roles and himself playing in his play:

Namo Jog Jogi || Namo Bhog Bhogi ||

Jogi Andar Jogia Tu Bhogi Andar Bhogia ||

Tap Mein Tapasvi Grihast Mein Bhogi ||

ਅਖਿਲ ਜੋਗੇ ॥ ਅਚਲ ਭੋਗੇ ॥੭੪॥
अखिल जोगे ॥ अचल भोगे ॥७४॥
Thou art united with all, Thou art their permanent Enjoyer.74.

ਕਹੂੰ ਗੀਤ ਕੇ ਗਵੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਤ ਕੇ ਨਚੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਰ ਕੋ ਅਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं गीत के गव्या कहूं बेन के बज्या कहूं न्रित के नच्या कहूं नर को अकार हो ॥
O Lord! Somewhere Thou art singer of song somewhere Thou art player of flute, somewhere Thou art a dancer and somewhere in the form of a man.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕੀ ਕਹਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं बेद बानी कहूं कोक की कहानी कहूं राजा कहूं रानी कहूं नार के प्रकार हो ॥
Somewhere Thou art the vedic hymns and somewhere the story of the elucidator of the mystery of love; somewhere Thou art Thyself the king, the queen and also various types of woman.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਧੇਨ ਕੇ ਚਰਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਲਾਖਨ ਲਵਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁਮਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं बेन के बजया कहूं धेन के चरया कहूं लाखन लवया कहूं सुंदर कुमार हो ॥
Somewhere Thou art the player of flute, somewhere the grazier of cows and somewhere Thou art the beautiful youth, enticer of lakhs (of lovely maids.)

ਸੁਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਦਾਤਾ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਨ੍ਰਿਦੋਖੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥੮॥੧੮॥
सुधता की सान हो कि संतन के प्रान हो कि दाता महा दान हो कि न्रिदोखी निरंकार हो ॥८॥१८॥
Somewhere Thou art the splendour of Purity, the life of the saints, the Donor of great charities and the immaculate Formless Lord. 8.18

ਕਹੂੰ ਗੀਤ ਕੇ ਗਵੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਤ ਕੇ ਨਚੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਰ ਕੋ ਅਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं गीत के गव्या कहूं बेन के बज्या कहूं न्रित के नच्या कहूं नर को अकार हो ॥
O Lord! Somewhere Thou art singer of song somewhere Thou art player of flute, somewhere Thou art a dancer and somewhere in the form of a man.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕੀ ਕਹਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं बेद बानी कहूं कोक की कहानी कहूं राजा कहूं रानी कहूं नार के प्रकार हो ॥
Somewhere Thou art the vedic hymns and somewhere the story of the elucidator of the mystery of love; somewhere Thou art Thyself the king, the queen and also various types of woman.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਧੇਨ ਕੇ ਚਰਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਲਾਖਨ ਲਵਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁਮਾਰ ਹੋ ॥
कहूं बेन के बजया कहूं धेन के चरया कहूं लाखन लवया कहूं सुंदर कुमार हो ॥
Somewhere Thou art the player of flute, somewhere the grazier of cows and somewhere Thou art the beautiful youth, enticer of lakhs (of lovely maids.)

ਸੁਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਦਾਤਾ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਨ੍ਰਿਦੋਖੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥੮॥੧੮॥
सुधता की सान हो कि संतन के प्रान हो कि दाता महा दान हो कि न्रिदोखी निरंकार हो ॥८॥१८॥
Somewhere Thou art the splendour of Purity, the life of the saints, the Donor of great charities and the immaculate Formless Lord. 8.18

So according to my understanding, sex is discouraged after marriage for seekers like us as it has higher tendency to attach everyone to it. However, Gurmukh life or state of mind is not really of running away from these things rather being truly in -gurmukh maya vich udasi - engaged yet de-attached, just like one is engaged when one is driving / or eating food yet its detached from it. Western idea of sex is not compatible with sikh view on sex. Here is interesting article on sex and sikhism by sardar kapur singh :

No I'm not saying it's sinful at all. It's just necessary to move beyond a certain point.