Sava Lakh Jaap of Mool Mantar Sahib

15 minutes ago, Guest deepa said:

when I can start this jaap

As soon as u can.  Even if you can't finish it in required time keep urself motivated by reading other topics here or listening to different links/videos mentioned here. .  And if ur hunger keeps on increasing u r on the right track. Also pls 🙏 before u start and ask him to be with u as u do this n guide u 

15 minutes ago, Guest deepa said:

plz tell me procedure of registration

Click on the 3 lines on the top right corner and follow.... Tenth Guru Sahib's name is Guru Gobind Singh ji

• 1 year later...
Guest Rajat Arora
On 8/5/2005 at 7:42 AM, murakh sevadar said:

Sat Sri Akal Ji I am not a knowledgeable person but after reading all the posts I feel sava lakh japs, 40 days, chalia, white sheet, water and ghee jot are all ritualistic practices.

Rituals are not Gurmukh way of life and not what our Guru's taught us. Simran and Seva should be GuruSikhâ€2122.pngs goal. Unbreakable ji said it very wisely.

Make constant Waheguru Simran jap a habit, a second nature, just like breathing.

Bhul Chuk maff Karna Ji

[/font:9f268dac2a]

On 8/5/2005 at 7:42 AM, murakh sevadar said:

Sat Sri Akal Ji I am not a knowledgeable person but after reading all the posts I feel sava lakh japs, 40 days, chalia, white sheet, water and ghee jot are all ritualistic practices.

Rituals are not Gurmukh way of life and not what our Guru's taught us. Simran and Seva should be GuruSikhâ€2122.pngs goal. Unbreakable ji said it very wisely.

Make constant Waheguru Simran jap a habit, a second nature, just like breathing.

Bhul Chuk maff Karna Ji

[/font:9f268dac2a]

I Agree why u need rules & regulations for remembering GOD and Guru,  a friend of mine used to say that there is no rule , do it anytime & those who do it in their sleep are really enlightened. I Apologize if am wrong. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Harpreet Singh
On 6/23/2005 at 8:35 PM, karmjeet said:

I have heard a lot of gursikhs , sants doing the sava lakh jaap of mool mantar or asking their shardaloo to do it . i have heard people achieve great power after doing this . and there are also some maryada , or rules acc. to which you have to do the path , which i m unaware of .

usually people do it in 40 days , also known as "shila" in some marayada .

i have always been fascinated by this idea of doing sava lakh jaap and observe some mystical experiences . and i have heard kalyug , maya , also try to put obstcales in your path when u do the jaap .

now i want to know , is there anyone out there who knows anything about the maryada , or rules of doing this path , or even a liitle bit of info about this or about some mystical experiences , or if anybody in your family has done it ?

forgive me , if i said something wrong . please don't kill me :D

please do contribute your views .

What I know about this is that, you have to:-• To decide Particular location for sitting, particular start time( for example if you decided 1:00 am, then it will be 1:00 am for whole tenure) and particular shabad to practice for 40 days.

•No fluctuations on timing and location and shabad as well. You have to stick to same routine.

•Have kesi ishnaan everyday and make kraah prasaad on arambh and smapti as well.

•Some people say you should also do Jot of desi ghee(I'm not sure about that).

The most important thing is that you have to be extreme digestive of all the incidents if you experience during this with Guru Sahib's Kirpa. Do not have to tell anyone that you have started 'chalisa' and you have experienced any Rass. 

On 2/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, hsingh6 said:

So when you go to an MNC office do you wear your sleepwear ? or are you formally dressed? Is showering, dressing formally a ritual or a requirement? The statement that "why you need rules and regulations for remembering God and Guru"? is simplistic and inconsistent with Guru Sahibs hukams. Guru Ram Dass has specified in his hukam in Guru Granth Sahib....Gur Satgur Kaa Jo Sikh Akhaey...So Bhaal keeah Utth Haaar Naam Dhiavery...(ank 306) .Guru Sahibs hukams are get up early (is that a ritual? or a requirement?) Udham Kareah Bhalkeah Parbhati Ishnaam Kareah...(So having an early morning bath is a ritual or a requirement?)....this same hukam is in all rehatnamas, and in Guru Gobind Singhs 52 Hukams for the Sikhs before he became Aloop...Water  is known to absorb whatever is in the environment ..hence the water in the sarovar of Darabar Sahib on which Gurbani is sung virtually round the clock has curative powers. Hence the recommendation for having water when we do paath...I have personally followed all these requirements and benefitted from them...so would suggest that we do not spread our own understanding (manmaat) and instead refer to Guru Sahibs hukams (grumat) for guidance and implementation.

Very very well described. Excellent !!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Mandeep
On 1/26/2007 at 2:35 AM, rupsingh said:

I can confirm that with rara sahib maryada, but make sure your and your clothes are suchae that is you have had a keshi ishan and you havent been to the toile!

Please let me know which type of beads we all using while jaap,,  waheguru ji... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 12:53 AM, Guest Mandeep said:

Please let me know which type of beads we all using while jaap,,  waheguru ji... 

I have used malas of regular wood, plastic and sarbloh. I have read in Sikh literature about use of sarbloh mala and mala made of cotton/wool. I dont have the sensitivity to tell any difference between the above.

On 6/25/2005 at 7:35 PM, karmjeet said:

Sava lakh is 125000 . if u do approximately 30 malas of mool mantar upto hosi bhi sach for 40 days , then it is approximately 1 lakh 25 thousand jaap.

each mala takes about 7-10 minutes . 30 malas take about 5 hours daily .

so basically its 5 hours for 40 days .

if u do it for 20 hrs daily , u can complete it in approx. 10 days .

we can easily sleep , that's no big deal , but its difficult to take out that much time if u have a job or something . but still its no big deal with gurkirpa :D

I could never do one mala of mool mantar in 7-10 mins, would take me good over an hour for one 108 mala.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Guest Prabhjot said:

If other family members are non-veg . Can i start my path in my home (jaap ) (40 days)????????

How much Jaap are you planning to do? 

Are you planning to do the Jaap with full Maryada?

Do you have a separate room, where you can do the Jaap?

Halal meat or other meat in the house? What about Tobacco and Alcohol?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, Guest manpreet kaur said:

khalsa ji ki eh jroori hai k 40 din vich hi samporan krna hai asi 90 din da is ton wadh dina vich v kr skde ha 

Wjkk wjkf bhen ji yes you can do Jaap of sava lakh 125k in 90 days. As it's a long Jaap you need to adjust yourself to it as well.