Pran Sangali Granth by Siri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

I just heard a divan few days ago- jathedar mahinder singh ji rara sahib was talking about pran sangali granth created by siri guru nanak dev ji for yogis. I ll post more information about this granth. But in the meantime, i wanted to ask if anyone can provide any information regarding this??

This is interesting veer ji, can you whenever you have time tell us how many pages this granth contains and what are chapters discussed in this granth just in breif just type the index?

I know it talks lot about pranayam.

It will take much time to write about Pran Sangli, because the text published by the University is a long one. I once saw an old copy of Pran Sangli, which was just a small book.

Presently, I am busy with my other projects for my website, so it is not possible for me to write on this topic in near.

Personally, I think there is nothing serious in Pran Sangli. I have studied original Sanskrit texts, like 'Yoga Sutra' written by Maharishi Patanjali Ji and 'Ashtavakra Geeta'. Bhagvat Geeta is another valuable Sanskrit text. I do not understand, why Pran Sangli was written. It has nothing to do with real 'Yog'.

• 2 years later...

I stumbled across Pran Sangli today and had a quick look at it. One thing i noticed was that the shabads were written in Raags. So would this mean that Guru Arjan Dev wrote the raags to this granth?

And if it were not to be used for any purpose for the Sikhs, why would Guru written the raags for it?

Shabds were composed and written and recorded in raag format from Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time - see Guru Harsahai and Goindval Pothis information. This does not however give evidence that Guru Nanak Dev ji wrote the aforementioned granth, many religious compositions in the medieval age in India were written in raag.

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Since no-one bothered to ask to the question i posted almost a year ago, I have something new to offer you.

I have got myself a scanner, and can scan some pages of Pran Sangli Granth, if the sangatso wishes.

I was looking through it, and have noticed that the "Ratan-Mala" forms a part of this Granth. Ratan-Mala is is some saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, although it was completely removed in the Granth that we have today.

Would anyone like to see it?

In one of the deewans of Sri Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji (Rara Sahib Wale) [Deewan name: Dhru BHGT JI on gurmatveechar]: At around 58 minutes, there is a story in which Guru Nanak Dev Ji gives exact instructions on Pranayam to a person (I think Raja Shivnab) on his insistance, but Guru Ji also instructs him not to use it and HE will take this away in His 5th birth. So, Guru Arjan Dev Ji did the Jal-Parva of this book (Pran-Sangli??) when Guru Granth Sahib Ji was written. Is this the story of Pran-Sangli??

Chatanga, could you please comment on the source and details of Pran Sangli (that you have)?

Note: Pranayam is not bad, it is just that proper and exact techniques of advanced pranayam for the spiritual advancements are not meant for general people because of our bad diet, bad environment, and bad life-style.

• 10 months later...

I just heard a divan few days ago- jathedar mahinder singh ji rara sahib was talking about pran sangali granth created by siri guru nanak dev ji for yogis. I ll post more information about this granth. But in the meantime, i wanted to ask if anyone can provide any information regarding this??

good granth.

• 9 months later...

Amazing bro, there are soo many sikhi literature including this one online soo much great seva is been done putting stuff online not entierely sure if sikh youths are even attempting to read some of the stuff to raise the bar.