What Would You Do If Guru Ji Gave You Darshan?

What would you do if Guru Ji gave you partakh darshan? would you able to recognize him at the first place?

I heard stories of many gurmukhs getting darshan of Guru ji, they go full mastane(spiritual intoxicated) all their life, in some circumstances, it's soo intense some of them leave their body in love for Guru ji, and some of them even try to commit sucide after getting darshan of guru ji in urgue to see him again.

Guru,and Vahiguroo there is no difference. Vahiguroo's has two forms- nirgun(non existent) and sargun(existent). Sargun form of Vahiguroo is Guru Ji both in form of Shabad Guru and in his physical roop.

I know by looking at the sad state in panth and stupidiest thing we fight over ie- color of dastar, big/small kirpan, sarbloh kara or steel kara, meditation postures, certain way of doing patt or interpertating gurbani, certain way of doing kirtan etc, i don't think we be able to recognize him because we have "conditioned" our mind this is how Sri Guru Sahiban should look like, act like, think like, speak like etc etc.

We(Sikhs) have started judging our khasam Guru by own little mats(standards). We got people who start rejecting bachitar natak by questioning the act of Guru. Why did he felt a need to write a autiobiography of himself?

What if Guru Sahib give us darshan in livaaj(dress) of almast fakir(contary to most people mindset of how Guru dressed like ie- bibeki, 9 inch kirpan etc etc) to test us(sikhs).. is my sikh got to avastha of advait(non duality)/ bhagat namdev where he saw God in Dog and every where?

What if Guru Sahib comes to the house of Sikh in form of gareeb(poor person) to test his sikh,.. did my sikh reached the state "free" from dvaish(partiality) towards other human regardless of their dharam? would we able to recnognize him?

Guru Ji can take whichever form he wishes in sargun form to test his Sikh because Guru ji is a nirankari jot... what scares me or send shivers down to my spine that we sikhs may even reject our own Guru as "kafir" when we start judging Guru Sahiban with our standards(little mat and buddhi), narrow minded views.

sorry for my ranting.. just a thought in my mind..been thinkin about this for last couple of days now.

i totally agree with u.

i don't think that many people who call themselves gursikhs would be able to recognize him if guru ji gave them darshan including myself

i think the one of the main reasons for this is that we cannot see beyond our haumai (ego) and maya.

we think we are so perfect but we're not.

the only being that is perfect is akaal purakh

• 1 month later...

I got told by one Singh that if u meet Mahraj u should challenge him to a fight :shock:

I said "on ur own bruv, lol, i know who my money would be on to win that one!"

His point was to be slain by Mahrajs hand would be his path to salvation. Interesting theory.. although if i do ever get Mahrajs darshan i doubt i'll be trying that out!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

koee aan milaavei mera preetam pyaaraa, haon tis peh aap vechaaee!

but if you cant find the compassion within yourself to see the world through bhai khanaya ji's eyes, how are you going to see guru sahib?

i've failed once. i never recognised my guru.

our neighbour was moving. and he dropped over a box, telling us to leave it at the gurdwara since his dad wont be needing it anymore and doesnt know what to do with it. we left the box lying there on the floor. went to bed. woke up the next morning. opened it.

and found a real aged bir of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. and the agony was indescribable. fancy that, you walk into darbar sahib tall and proud thinking you're a real good sikh and all. and when sachay paatshaah comes to you, you dont even know He's there!

forget doing seva. the Lord stayed on the floor the whole night! and then i go around knocking on doors asking for darshan of my madho.

yuck.

• 2 months later...

i would say "wow... have you lost weight.. ! "

and then say... "wanna play hide and seek for another charasi lack joon... !!!"

and then cry that i just wasted my chance ..

infact thats usually what happens everytime i go gurdwara.. lol

walk in quickly matatek.. say howdy to maharaj sit for awhile chatting crap with mahraj.. and then when i leave.. thats when i remember i wanted to pour my heart out to maharaj.. then think.. naaah will do it next time.. and off i go...

• 5 months later...

What is your opinion of receiving Darshan in a dream ? I've had this dream of a Sikh leader twice the same person, and in a third dream another sikh leader. The last time was with one wearing white pehrawa and doing kirtan (without musical instruments) I was also singing beside him in a congregation.

Admin, what is the above post by Satguru Fateh Singh about if it isnt sarcasm??? A very goodthread has been started and its good to see many people respond to it, and Satguru Fateh Singh has true to his nature started talking about the panthic police, therefore diverting the nature of the post.

Satguru Fateh Singh, if youwant partakh darshan of Bhai Ram Singh, you can have a pic of me, as I am Bhai Ram Singh, and he is me. Let me know. :LOL:

Keeping to the topic, I dont honestly know what i would do, as ive always thought of my Guru as the Word/Shabad. And I always look forward to having darshan of the Shabad as often as I can, but in partakh form, I dont know.

Near to where I live, a woman told a story that she was visited by Guru Gobind Singh in a dream, who told her , her unborn child would be a great saint. She told this story to everyone, and loads of people started to turn up at her house and they gave money and bowed to the baby. Last I heard of her she moved to Canada.

On the topic of darhsan, all people of the world in every culture and faith have darshan of people they revere.

A good example is of Sufi's who, have darshan of their Murshids or Pirs of the past. Christians have darshan of the Christ, Naitve American Indians "seek" to have darshan of ancestors (as do many cultural groups around the world), Sikhs have darshan of Guru Sahiban and shaheeds etc...

What does sangat think of the idea that it is not in fact these "actual" personalities visiting people, but more simply, Vaheguru giving darshan/help in the roop that is most adored by him who desires to see it?

Obviously this does not negate the fact that if God so wills it, he can send the actual personality in dream/spirit/physical form.

It's just that in my limited understanding, these personalities have merged with the creator, and their darshan are of a spiritual nature, so in my mind, all the different people of the world when calling on/hoping for/happening upon darshan of unique personalities, are infact having darshan of the one supreme reality, but just veiled by the image adored by the experiencer?