Good Dhoof?:Help ASAP

What scent of dhoof do you guys use in your Babajee Rooms etc, etc.

What are the suggested scents to be used?

There are so many scents available it is hard to decide what to use, your help will be appreciated. I have been using Rose, but I can't find good ones, they smell nice at the Indian Shop and at home when you light it, it stinks like crap. Maybe they are stale or old?

Those that are going to say 1)it is not needed 2) try many different ones and see what you like 3) this is Bahmanvaad 4) Use air freshner etc, etc Thanks for your suggestions, pls don't reply.

I need actual scent names or if you can scan in the wrapper or get the company name and scent and post it, that would be great.

Pls respond ASAP.

My Family usues Sandelwood. ...my mum gets a whole bunch in apaste form from india....but its not cheap.

you could try visiting a mandir, some actually sell fresh toof for a certain price ( its usually used for prays at a particular idol in the mandir by a follower). I'm sure the pandit wont mind if you asked for some.

Also i personally use lemon scented ones...as i have been told its good for the mind.

plus if you really wanna a connection, u can always use scented bhang toof. :)

the nag champa brand are usually nice - smell good and dont irritate

some of these dhoof could be used as crowd dispersant a la tear gas. But imo nag champa is the way to go. ive evne seen it on ebay if you cant find it your local dhoof shop.

As for bhang dhoof ...not too sure babaji would be too happy bout that.

Personally I highly recommend "Chandan" de dhoof. It is sold under the trade mark of "Mother India". Chandan is a very cool and light fragrance, it relaxes the mind and helps in meditation ! It is a product of India and is available in most "Indian/Punjabi" retail stores.

• 13 years later...