conspiracy of joking Sardarz in films,serials,newspapers

chhinderpalsingh

Respected Veerji/Bhainji (all viewers), As we may be well aware, A great conspiracy is acting upon continuously to make joke of Sikhi Sawroop/ Sardarz while showing in Bollywood films, serials, plays, magazines, newspapers & ebooks etc. It is being shown that Sardarji-s are always foolish, stupid & illiterate and are lagging behind many hundred years back. This is an important & sensitive issue, to be viewed seriously and each & every sikh or even a person of any other religion having balanced views, must oppose & do some positive to stop such acts. Our top most institutions are sleeping not only on this issue, but on other important matters, too. Hence, we cannot expect anything from them and have to initiate at our own. Kindly comment & suggest in this regard. I,ll be highly obliged. Waheguruji Ka Khalsa, Waheguruji Ki Fateh.

We need a better representation in the media. the only way to acheive that is for Sikhs themselves to be involved in the media.

Plus to be honest i think we ourselves have to take responsibility for alot of this. We have collectively given ourselves a bad reputation for drinking and acting foolishly, being easily manipulated and being generally stupid.

Fact: in the 1930s in India, a sardars testimony would stand up in a court of law almost without question since we had a reputation for being Honest, Hardworking and Upstanding people of faith. If Sardarji said it, it must be the truth, he wouldnt lie coz he's a Khalsa.

whereas today? well, it speaks for itself.

Actually, double edge, this is not the actual picture, as far as the manipulation of our acts like drinking or acting stupidly is concerned. In which country, caste or religion or section, such persons are not available (including ours)? But actual thing is that from the time of indian independence struggle, such degrading movement remained there to de-moralize & down the Sikh community. Everyone knows the part of Sikhs played in Freedom movement i.e. more than 90% Shaheedis, Jails etc. But we had a gain that the first Home Minister issued top confidential circular to all Collectors (equivalent to DCs) in whole of India that Sikhs may be treated as Jaraim Pesha qaum. Sirdar Kapoor Singh Ji (Late)'s Saachi Saakhi books clarifies each & every thing, as he happened to be Collector in one District at that time and probably the HM forgot while issuing & sending circular to him. He was punished with dismissal while he opposed this letter & told the truth to Sikh leaders. The book is well worth reading as it clarifies many other hidden truths. Hence, the conspiracy started from the very moment of India's Freedom. Are there not Sikhs having Wisdom ? Presently, the PM of India is a Sikh & previously one Sikh became President of India. There is a long queue of such examples of Sikhs containing top most posts. Then, showing Sikhs as only Jokers, stupids in Films serials or even newspapers (such as Santa Banta serials, Sardarz jokes etc) seems to be clearly an example of slow-poisioning of the community, so that it may die in a slow motion without any blame to others. It is very good to firstly see our own bad-doings, but here seems that 99.9% is being done with remote by hidden rivals.

N.B. gain = gain ? and books be read as book (wrongly written "books"). Saachi Saakhi book was also published by SGPC Amritsar, though previously banned.

Guest SAdmin

Bollywood is entertainment community. They want to make money and try to find ways to make money. They have attacked "South Indian" community and showed them as a coward and idiots. We all know who are in IT that how smart south Indian community is and if you never had a chance to see their culture, you might assume they are coward and idiots the way Indian movies are portraying them. They have attacked "Thakurs" and show them in most of the movies as that every "Thakur' in this world is there to exploit low castes and poor people of India. I know so many Thakur families and they’re very reasonable and hard worker.

Media has been used to send political message which is bitter truth. The time is not too far when people will see Sikhs walking on the road as clown if Sikhs do not come forward to bring lawsuits and bring these people into courts on a daily basis. The irony is that most of the bollywood industry is dominated by Khatri Hindu Punjabi those who know Sikhism and Sikh culture and still in their movies most of the time Sikh is being shown as clown.

did anyone watch the latest movie rang de basanti , it shows an amritdhari lady wearing a tabeez which she is wearing because she prayed at a mazaar.

anyone who does nitnem would know that an amritdhari sikh would never do such a thing.

the director and producer of the movie should be sued for this.

These all methods (hathkande word is much better) are just to destroy our most valued & scientifically okayed traditions because such people well want to rallgadd (mix badly) the Sikh hi-skied traditions with their gharhmass chaudveen rasmo-rivaaj. They use & misuse each & every formula as to how sikhs & sikhi (especially Gursikhi) be mis-interpreted in the multi-media & at the other platforms. "Together we will rise & divided we will fall" is only the best way to fight such bad moves with ill motives. May Dhan Guru Nanak and Dashmesh Pita (Das Guru Ek Jot, Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) bestow us power to join (Hoi Ikkattar) & fight this new multimedia terrorism.

OOh the artistic freedom VS freedom of Faith arguments..

Im gonna be devils advocate.

Media is an art it is an expression of art, fiction is exactly that a story, how many humans complain about indian heros never die in fights where they are clearly outnumbered and suffering from severe blood loss, Why do we not flag the humanism card saying that this will lead to viewers believing they can easily continue fighting after such severe injuries.

Because we accept its a story, and as Sikhi becomes a bigger world relgion it will continue to be artisticly interpretated.

Gursj you mentioned the tabeez on the amritdhari woman, well Ive seen amritdhari women wearing trousers and shirt. obvious western clothing after all arnt amrit dhari women sikhs and arnt sikhs from the punjab?

Maybe its a question of misrepresentation of religious practice, every individual practices their own religion. The sikhs have taken care of mosques, Baba Nanak went on Hajj, Blue is a muslim colour, The turban was popularised by the Mogul rajas. etc etc you could go on about different influences, we all come from a very closed opinion of what a sikh is and should look like and should do.

Lets take chhinderpalsinghs avatar for a second, beautiful rendition of several warrior sikhs sitting together. But this too was drawn by the artists personal interpretation. They all appear to be shastardari singhs but ones in red the other in green maybe the one in white is a naamdhari, are naamdharis sikhs would they keep guns, reds a hindu colour amritdharis cant wear red. etc etc

If however the issue was with school text books or education documentaries presenting an inaccurate cross section or generalisation of sikhism then we should definatly step up the argument of misrepresentation

Thats my opinion as devils advocate.

Oh another intresting point came into my mind,

I went to Holland with a good friend of mine for a childrens camp a long time ago, and the family who kindly took us in. (wonderful family) showed us a calendar they throught was disgusting and totally unacceptable portrayal of a sikh.

It is important to note that in holland the community wasnt at that time as settled as it is here in UK, so immigrants usually stayed close by this included Hindus and Muslims, as the community was so tight they would regulary share events and visit one anothers places of worship on special occassions.

So this poster showed a bare chested pumped Singh weilding an axe hacking away at these goblin green moguls as a mountain of mogul corpses lay under his feet.

They felt it was racist totally barbaric depiction and they hated the fact it was in the gurdwara for a few hours.

When we saw the poster we were over the moon it was perfect the kind of hard hitting image we always imagined in our heads, so powerful so beautiful and man so much gore.

They gave it to us hoping we would inform the sangat in uk and it would make everyone else aware, we did give it to the sangat (at a time when scanners and email werent to widely used by us) and everyone we handed it out to loved it.

I believe one sikh soc even made it their t shirt logo.

just a point to remember before getting offended,.

but definatly the media shouldnt be allowed to have free reign to offend as they please like what occured with the ridiculous cartoons of the Prophet.

Dynamic_bandaji, the point brought into kind notice of the viewers is mis-interpretation of sikh & sikh swaroop not only by the bollywood, but also by the print-media, TV channels etc. as we are continuously seeing it being happened. Recently, after this topic started, ZeeTV has shown a very wrong picture of the Punjab.

OOh the artistic freedom VS freedom of Faith arguments..

Gursj you mentioned the tabeez on the amritdhari woman, well Ive seen amritdhari women wearing trousers and shirt. obvious western clothing after all arnt amrit dhari women sikhs and arnt sikhs from the punjab?

Maybe its a question of misrepresentation of religious practice, every individual practices their own religion. The sikhs have taken care of mosques, Baba Nanak went on Hajj, Blue is a muslim colour, The turban was popularised by the Mogul rajas. etc etc you could go on about different influences, we all come from a very closed opinion of what a sikh is and should look like and should do.

If however the issue was with school text books or education documentaries presenting an inaccurate cross section or generalisation of sikhism then we should definatly step up the argument of misrepresentation

Thats my opinion as devils advocate.

Well wearing a tabeez and praying at grave(mazaar is a grave) is not something a amritdhari sikh would do. As she is being shown as a practicing sikh , what example is being set for other people who dont even consider themselves to be proper sikhs.

On one hand she is reading mool mantar on the other hand she seeks blessings from dead man sleeping in grave.

Someone who is amritdhari would do Nitmem and guru gobind singh clearly tells to ask all the boons from only akaal purakh and not from some dead man sleeping in a grave. Now i dont understand how you compare this with amritdhari women wearing western dresses.

Please dont misunderstand me , I am not saying there is anything wrong in wearing a tabeez because muslims wear it , it is wrong because we as sikhs are not supposed to worship idols , it is wrong because we are not supposed to pray to dead people.

hope you understand

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I think the best way is to grab the bull by the horns... Get into the media so something can be done about it.. Like those Singhs who are making that Sarbloh Warriors game.. Big step in the right direction.

We need Gursikhs as writers, directors, producers, editors... people with real creative control. Thats the real way to fight this...

Damn i wish i'd studied media at uni! lol

d.e. u r totally right. today I was seeing TV news. The President SGPC gave memoradum to the PM while visit to ASR, in which one of the demand is to include Sikh members in the Films Censor Board, which seems to be a good initiative, if started with a good motive. However, it will also highlight the matter we want to point out.