sexuality and sikhism

It seems to me that sex is vied as an obstacle on the path to God. Some very religious Sikhs don't even look at girls, eventhough for sure they have sexual desires. It seems to me that they are depraving themselves from our basic need since this desire comes to us so naturally at puberty. How come that one cannot be fully sexually active and still be one with God? Why having sex in a room of the house would create negative energy if we would meditate in the same room? If that's the case then sex is seen as not pure. Is sex pure if we have honest intentions towards the person we are having sex with?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lifley duties are to live a gud life and have kids especially. You have to make them Sants... thats the whole point about kids. You dont have them so they MASH UP.... u make a deal with God saying give me children and i will make them your sons.....

Nb: all the knowlege i have i can not take any of the gud wishe 4... only cus of the contact i have with a good sangat do i put my points across 2 u.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Javanmard

If sex is only for reproduction why then do women have a clitoris. That organ only exists for pleasure. If you have any doubts about the subject then check Charitropakhyan, Guru Gobind SIngh's composition on the matter. I also suggest that men start realising that women do have emotional and physical needs and that they are not just there for "producing Khalsa warriors" !!!!!!!!!!!

you got to master kaam krodh lob moh and hankar NOT abolish it, and to do it you need to understand it. to understand something you got to require knowlege about it.

When you get into a fight to need anger, but don't let it control you, you control it. same with kaam, you need it, but dont let it control you, you control it. become the master of these and let them be your slaves.

so shall i assume that you guys are talkin about sexual pleasures after marriage???

is anand karaj( two bodies but one soul) gives you authority to have sexual desires after marriage??? but not before marriage... whats the difference???

but i think sexual pleasures eithers its before marriage or after marriage is wrong. Hence verse from kirtan sohila (sggs) proves it...

By meeting up on the saint, my sexual desires and greed get smashed into pieces (SGGS)

lets see if anyone clears up my doubt and understandin on this matter..be very thankful :D

Guest Javanmard

As long as you're not trying to spoil other's people legitimate pleasure in enjoying what Akal Purakh has created out of love for his creatures, that's fine! That's your opinion about the subject and I am not going to prevent you from repressing yourself though I think that's not very healthy! :D

Would u mind writing that in punjabi for me....

Just so that I can read it and interpret it myself....

english translations can be very subtle in their accidental manipulations of what is meant... punjabi is punjabi after all....

Guest Javanmard

Actually I was not uqoting from somewhere, just myslef but if you want it in Panjabi...well

je tuu dusre lokan da shauk jehra Akal Putakh jivanaan vaste banaaiaa nasht na kare tan thik hai saddu ban ja!!!

Lalleshvari ji I meant Neo Singh's quote from the kirtan sohila...unfortuately I guess my reply came after urs....but thanks anways :)

"kaam krodh nagar baho bhairia mil sadhoo khandal khanda hay"

Guest Javanmard

yeah whatever! It's a uqestion of interpretation. Inall the puratan tike I never found evidence that Sikhi was for sexual repression! After all we're not Puritans or Wahabis

If we're not supposed to have sexual pleasures, how come most of the Guru Ji's had most of their children after Gur Gaddhi...

And don't say that it was for reproduction purposes only, because we all know that there is pleasure in it even if it is for making children...

Ok i want to know .. how come sggs and dggs contradicting each other...

guroo ji have said to control the kaam and eliminate it eventually at the bhramgyan stage in sggs and at the some token guroo ji said in dasam guroo durbar not to repress sexual desires????

did guroo ji refering about balancing things then????

if narsingha, mugermach singh or lalleshwari can answer and clear my doubts on this matter i be thanful :D

thanks in advance...

Guest Javanmard

It's about you mastering kaam instead of kaam being your master. And to master Kaam you need Kaamshaastar hence Charitropakhyan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj

ok now, before we go on any fuirther....those two scripts which you have mentioned, are those 2 of the suspicious portions of Dasam Granth?

what i mean is, that Dasam Granth is under heavy analyzation (i don't think that's a word...)

we are aware that most of it is legit... are those two portions legit portions, or are they portions which might have been added in by Hindus?

nowhere else is there any mention of the female genitalia, however in hinduism, is there not a goddess who has 100 of these? is there not an entire scripture, or a great portion of an entire scripture dedicated to sex and sexual organs in Hinduism?

This type of thing was never discusses until Guru Gobind Singh Ji supposedly wrote it....that isn't to undermine his authority, but as we reach discussion on Dasam Granth, we should be aware that maybe it isn't all legit....

bhul chuk maaf karni

gurfateh!

oh and more so..... the first link that narsingha provides

Literally translated, Charitropakhyan means 'wiles of women'. Roles of women (both good and bad) are highlighted in 404 chapters within this section.

umm....EXCUSE ME?? ROLES OF WOMEN?? i'm guessing that could be just about anything what males do.... if we accept that as fact, then doesn't that totally illegitamize guru nanak's teaching of equality.... ROLES of Women.... it's so...degrading! and i'm not even female, so i'm guessing i'm not feeling the brunt of the pain here.....

back to the topic.....

personally..kaam after marriage is fine.... to me, it's like.. once you're married you've gotta be pretty mature, so it's not like it's gonna be an everyday type of thing or whatever.... and kaam is also defined as "sexual relations with anyone other than your wife" which is also one of the bujjar kureihts.. outside of marriage, it's wrong..and no matter where you go ,it'll always say outside of wedlock , or outseide of marriage, except the AKJ maryada.

gurfateh!

sikhs beleive in equality, just not the same way as goreh. Our equality is also based on practicality, women are just better at some things and men are at others. But we are still equal, also if a women or man wants to swap duities/roles they can. But women are better in some cases and men are better in others.

Also, roles of a women, i dont think it means what a women can do or cant, or should and shouldn't but more to the fact of what they are capable of doing.