sexuality and sikhism

:LOL::LOL:

Sidak wants to get closer of lalleshvari Let's keep this clean there are children on this board :oops:

Is there any sexual restrictions on what a sikh married couple can do ?

1)Up to the couple

2)For reproduction only

3)Just plain and straight and simple

Are we allowed to delve into Ancient Indian Techniques such as "karma Sutra" or do we have our own advice, or is it best left quiet?

"Trying to keep this as clean as possible" :oops:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[apologies in advance for not creating a separate discussion thread !]

lalleshvari (or bahadur singh), i'm not interested in 'you', but rather your academic work. Since you normally seem quick to point out the fallacies in others for not applying scholarly rigour, i'm sure you could provide samples of your work showing how it should really be done.

after all, if you regard yourself as a scholar, then surely there's no reason why you shouldn't make your work available for others to see, is there ?

If your work isn't available on the net, then perhaps you could refer us to some journals/periodicals you may have contributed to ?

GurFateh!

why do you insist on challenging him..how about having some patience once in a while. Maybe one of the biggest thigns he's doing isn't complete, or maybe he wants to collect all of his items before giving them to you..or maybe, as so many people say, he doesn't have enough time.!just relax

so lalleshvari - do you expect me to individually search journals covering south asian studies and attempt to find some articles you might have written ?

all i ask, since i'm not psychic, is if you actually have any published work at all, and if so, where can one find it. I'm sure that as a scholar, you actually want your work to be read in the public domain ?

If you're not a scholar, then that's fine too, but atleast give a straight answer to a pretty simple question.

jsb: if lalleshvari had said "i've published some work, but don't have the time to list it", that would have been fair enough - but a response such as "soon my friend in due time", quoted from the exorcist for some strange reason known to lalleshvari only isnt acceptable for me.

• 3 months later...

Fellows friends,

All U lalleshwari, Sidk 'n' all others dont U think we r going out of subject. I personally call U back to have think bout the subject in fact. Forget to arguring 'n' pointing to person rather hit the sack inspite i mean point views not persons.

Anyway, as per me

SEX IS AS PURE AS NATURE,

'N'

NATURE IS PURE AS GOD,

COZ

FEELING OF SEX IS NATURAL

COZ

U NEVER FEEL GOD EXCEPT VIA NATURE,

NATURE IS THE ONLY MEDIUM TO INTERACT WITH GOD

So anything come across these link chain is also pure. Now some of my friends will also eager to know how the sex is pure. Coz it is natural insinct. And there is nothing impure which is created by Great Mother nature.

Where only we go wrong is only our intentions. Do u ever C an animal with clothes. Do U ever C animals having sex in close rooms like human. Nature never provide us clothes. This is Human who made such ultra-bloody trend of having curtainism.

SEX IS ALSO A MEDIUM TO INTERACT WITH GOD

As per Acharya Rajneesh Osho creatures can have conversation with GOD while they have sex. He is the man who discover the theory n way to feel GOD while sex. He is the man who give us the concept of meditation while we have sex.

Just have a look on his writing

FROM SEX TO SUPERCONSIOUSNESS

Read 'n' Think about it and please have comment on the same.

Hope to hear UR valuable views.

Guest Javanmard

Vijnanabhairava Tantra states that sex can be a door to Divine Wisdom and that's why we put so much emphasis on grahisti unlike Buddhism or other Indic religions that put emphasis on renounciation. SIkhi is about embrassing life in all it's aspects and seeing how they really are: Divine, Pure and Perfect.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

lalleshvari (the name of a female poet right??)

The most amazing element of Sikhi is certainly the emphasis on Gristhi Jeevan, but Guru jee also said be like a lotus flower that is in muddy waters and doesn't get any mud on it.

Vijnanabhairava Tantra states that sex can be a door to Divine Wisdom, okay I'm sure it states that i'm not familiar with it so not very fair for me to comment sir. Just imagine what that alone entails..any type/form of sex leads to divine wisdom?? So sex out of marriage is also a door to divine wisdom??

Okay, so now let's focus on Gristhi jeevan (householders). Does this also mean that anyone in Gristhi Jeevan that has sex will open the door to divine wisdom? To live in Gristhi Jeevan is to bring the wordly with the spiritual, to live in this life while being lovingly attached to the lotus-feet..is that not a door to divine wisdom?? Also, I'm not saying sex is wrong, in the husband/wife relationship it is there for love, happiness, celebration, for offspring of course, etc. But what does Guru jee saying about sex being a door to divine wisdom. I realise it is a part of Gristhi Jeevan, but still I haven't come across a panthkee that states sex is a door to divine wisdom. Just like merely reading Guru Jee's bani will not allow for wisdom to enter your heart, there is a long purifying process that leads to that. Understanding, contemplating, and of course applying to one's life...

Bhul chuk maaf..

Guest Javanmard

Not anyone who has sex within grahisti jivan attains wisdom, only the virya, the spiritual hero(ine) who is able to perceive Divinity beyond the veil of appearnces! Vijnana Bhairava Tantra is indeed a fantastic book. I would actually recommend Jaidev SIngh's translation of this kashmiri text that deals with all kinds of meditation techniques. The text simply says that any type of emotion or pleasure you experience see it as a manifestation of Sachidananda, meditate on it and attain anand!!!

Like in any other activity: it's how you do things that matters!!!

Anand hi Anand

Akal hi Akal

Guest Javanmard

If we look at the role of erotica in the SIkh tradition you can see that already in Adi Guru Granth Sahib the Gurus consider themselves to be the brides of the Divine. Guru Arjan as the soul-bride in one of the banis explicitly asks the Beloved One to join his bed. The description of the beauty of Akal Purakh are quite erotic as well. In dasam Guru Granth Sahib erotic references are clearly and explicitly mentioned in Krishna Avatar and Charitropakhyan where Maharaj clearly states that a man who does not satisfy his wife is a sinner! Also that the one who does not enjoy sexuality and other things (I don't want to shock people too much...) has not lived.

God gave us a body, enjoying sexuality is a gift of God.

The message is: Enjoy it, master it but don't become the slave of it!

The message is: Enjoy it, master it but don't become the slave of it!

Words of Wisdom :bow: :bow: ...

Yes the idea is to control kaam...how you goin to control kaam when you havent studied kaam :D:D ... sowwie thats your line lallesh...but gotta use it in this convo :D

Also note peenji we are talkin about kaam in gristhivi jeevan..just to let you know :D

Guest Javanmard

Don't call it 5 evils (sounds too Puritan really). They're rather instinctive drives that should be controled not repressed. In Bachitar Natak Guru Gobind Singh describes how he gets an arrow in his arm and gets full of krodh!

You can't survive without the 5 ones but you should not become their slave that's it! :wink:

sikhi is not christianity!

Guest Maha_Pavitar

About calling them 5 evils, not to be rude but Guru Jee refers to them as this along with 5 thieves, 5 evil passions, 5 demons, etc so I don't think there is anything Puritan really about it sir. Just curious, but I believe you said yourself you belong to the pre-colonial tradition. :|

They should be tried to be eliminated, it is only possible for a few I'm sure, but I agree they should be controlled with great care.

Please tell me the exact panthkee in Bachitar Natak. I can understand Gurdev Pita Maharaj feeling a sense of bir rass, strength, etc. But, how can we consider Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib Satguru when he's not free of 5 evils?

Bhul chuk maaf...

Guest Javanmard

The five are eveil if you become their slave but ultimately they never dissapear it is up to you to control them unless you adopt the Jain way of dying during this life... but then again in Akal Ustati Maharaj condemns that way!!!

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Guru jee says...

grihu vas aaeiaa ma(n)gal gaaeiaa pa(n)ch dhusatt oue bhaag gaeiaa ||

I have come to dwell in the home of my own self, and I sing the songs of joy; the five villains have fled.

and please answer my question about Gurdev Pita...

Guest Javanmard

Will answer you tomorrow. got to check the exact line... :wink:

I am not saying that you're wrong, I am just saying that there is another dimension to the whole 5 vikars issue that needs to be seen in the context of Dasam Guru Granth sahib.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Perhaps there is 'more' dimension, but I doubt it conflicts with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj...

By the way, I put that panthkee to show that YES ultimately they DO dissapear..'the five villians have fled'