Was Guru Nanak God himself?

amardeep

hazar unus in hadis habibi
it is mentioned in Hadis Habibi. Arrival of Guru Nanak was also prophesised in Bavikhat Purana .
Hazrat Naimat ullah Shah Wali , a fakir wrote
His name would be NANAK. Populace will give attention to him. This powerful Fakeer [seer] will become famous.
26 shaloks of agman of Guru nanak dev ji mentioned in bhavish puran . thousands of year before he was born

hazar unus in hadis habibi

it is mentioned in Hadis Habibi. Arrival of Guru Nanak was also prophesised in Bavikhat Purana .

Hazrat Naimat ullah Shah Wali , a fakir wrote

His name would be NANAK. Populace will give attention to him. This powerful Fakeer [seer] will become famous.

26 shaloks of agman of Guru nanak dev ji mentioned in bhavish puran . thousands of year before he was born

Just to add, read

Gurmat De Paandhi

By Sant Sewa Singh Ji

I think it's page 10, but it mentions all these things

• 2 weeks later...

ChzS1ngh Ji, WJKK WJKF,

You always amaze me. You and I think absolutely alike with regards to reality, our existence and our true identity!

SGGSJ Ang 60

ਸੋਹੰ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੀਐ ਸਬਦਿ ਭੇਦਿ ਪਤੀਆਇ ॥

Sohaʼn āp pacẖẖāṇī▫ai sabaḏ bẖeḏ paṯī▫ā▫e.
One who recognizes within himself that, "He is me", and who is pierced through by the Shabad, is satisfied.
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੀਐ ਅਵਰ ਕਿ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਇ ॥੯॥
Gurmukẖ āp pacẖẖāṇī▫ai avar kė kare karā▫e. ||9||
When one becomes Gurmukh and realizes his own self, what more is there left to do or have done? ||9||

maybe i am getting confused here...

but surely gurbani explains this clearly....

there is 'only' God...nothing else....

only god takes form, then leaves form...he comes as a tree, a person, an animal, an insect...as the fisherman...and the fish...as the air, as the fire...all is him...

he creates his creation and then enjoys it...

it is only our ego sense which makes us think He is something seperate...that I am Me, and God is He...two seperate entities...but it is all an illusion...in this age of kalyug the sense of Ego is HUGE...where these bubbles of God consciousness question walking through endless life cycles have completely forgotton their true selves (God) and now question the existence of God...through ignorance...so now we hate each other, fight each other, back stab each other...want more money than the other...etc etc etc

through Simran we can reduce the ego sense...and as that reduces...God Blossoms forth. It was 'and is' always God that was here all along, Simran(remembering) awakens us to our true reality...god consciousness...that all is Him...that we may see what the Guru Ji's saw....God and nothing but God...and then maybe we can return to loving one another (god), helping one another (God) not competing with one another (God)..etc etc

It is not just a saying when we say 'See god in all' ... one day we will literally 'See god in all'

what an amazing creation...we cannot even fathom it...our Ego will not allow us to...only hearing his Shabad can pull our attention from being ignorant, back to seeing Him.

• 4 years later...
On 7/2/2006 at 10:38 PM, amardeep said:

do you consider Guru Nanak the creator of the world?

Dear brother Amardeep,

it would be better if we say, that the Creator Himself, assumed a limited form as a Guru, for us limited beings, in order to teach us the Higher Truth in our own terms.

ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਪਾਲੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਭਗਵਾਨੁ ॥

Gur   Gopaal   Purakh Bhagavaan ||

The Guru is the Lord of the World, the Primal Being, the Lord God.

Raag Gond Guru Arjan Dev

He Waheguru Akal Purukh, is Alakh Purukh, is Nirala, is Agam Purukh, thus not perceived, not only by any our indriyas, but our spiritual sight is also taped by our karmas, vikars, sanskaras...... So you see, not only He is subtle, thus not perceived as said above, but neither we have any such instruments to reveal Him, for we are spiritually blind, thus all our actions are futile.

He also, in His original form is in a way to say, He is limited, for however He may much want, we can never ever  have His darshan, nor profit from His akhoot Jot.

So He comes at our level as a human being like us, which is considered the top of the creation.

He comes as a Guru, as Guru Sahiban, because He, our True Father and Mother, can not resist Himself, when He hears our  terrible wails of pain and despair due to our own karmas, for that is what in reality exists in the mayavee creation.

And His greatness is such, that in spite of being omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, He respects His Hukum, His bhaana, in terms of  His own created laws of nature.

He does not display any supernatural powers, that is not His character, unlike the avtars of gods, godesses, or other spiritual entities.

His purpose of coming here, is only to make us know about His true reality of Nam or Shabad, and to make us foolish agyanis understand, that Nam is the only  eternal and unchangeable Truth that exits, and is the only boat, the  only vessel, which by boarding on, we can cross from the false and perishable  creation of Brahm, to the other side of the shore, where only  eternity and True bliss exists, namely Sach Khand.

ਗੁਰੁ ਬੋਹਿਥੁ ਤਾਰੇ ਭਵ ਪਾਰਿ ॥

Gur Bohithh Thaarae Bhav Paar ||

The Guru is the boat to cross over the terrifying world-ocean.

So you see, if the Guru is the boat to cross the maha bhavsagar, it is just but natural, that He Waheguru, assumes the form of a Guru to take our souls across, isn´t it?

The glory or mahima of Guru and Gobind is apaar, words fail to describe Him, He is beyond any description....

Stay blessed.

SSA.

• 7 months later...

Well , regarding the title of this thread the Bani clearly says:

AAPAY SATGUR

AAPAY HAR

AAPAY MEL MILAWE

This means, He Himself is the Satguru, He Himself is the Lord, and He himself reunites us with Him.

Thus paying attention to the Bani in the verse above, we can confidendtly say: Guru Nanak was God Himself.

SSA.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/24/2014 at 12:47 PM, chzS1ngh said:

Well it seems there is discussion into whether Guru Nanak Dev ji was God himself....

if there is discussion about it then people are wondering if he was or wasn't :)

Only God exists...Gurbani is very clear about it...therefore Guru Nanak Dev ji was....

therefore We all are...therefore everything is...

only our Ego gives us a feeling of being seperate...Ego is amazing in that it allows the experience of the 'many' and allows us to have so many experiences as a seperate entity (illusion)...but problem is in this age Ego is stronger than the knowledge of 'God is the only entity' ... therefore majority of people question Gods existance...and run around aimlessly..

Ego has us fooled and Ego makes us forget of who we really are (God...all of us, and everything, and everything beyond...unlimited)

therefore the Question of 'Was Guru Nanak God himself' is mute...He Was...because Ego was at a complete minimum and connection from the Ego (individual state) to the supreme state was 100% formed. We all have that capability...and thats what Simran is For..Simran - remembering...

Just my thoughts about what Gurbani states...nothing more..

Ego is an illusion. We’re all One, there’s only One. We fools in ego just run around deluded. When we finally sit in our trueselves, we understand that there is no high or low or seperatedness. We are One, we’re in God he’s In Us. 

Guest Sher Singh

What nonsense is this.

Water in clouds is pure, but when that very water falls on mud or potty it gets impure.

So please stop your bakwaas, only soul atmas, reaching Sach Khand merge and become one with Him, not otherwise.

Or if He decides to come at our level as Guru Sahiban or Gurmukh Jan, then too, that Spirit in that body is the Jot of Waheguru.

And also stick to the topic of this thread of Guru Nanak as God, and not the rest of any of us.

Just stop your kalyugi  corrupted manmat.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:48 AM, Guest Sher Singh said:

What nonsense is this.

Water in clouds is pure, but when that very water falls on mud or potty it gets impure.

So please stop your bakwaas, only soul atmas, reaching Sach Khand merge and become one with Him, not otherwise.

Or if He decides to come at our level as Guru Sahiban or Gurmukh Jan, then too, that Spirit in that body is the Jot of Waheguru.

And also stick to the topic of this thread of Guru Nanak as God, and not the rest of any of us.

Just stop your kalyugi  corrupted manmat.

Incorrect. We are all one with him. We have to realise this through naam.

Guest Sher Singh
8 hours ago, ragnarok said:

Incorrect.

We are all one with him. We have to realise this through naam.

No, it is not incorrect at all.

Denying the truth and not wanting to accept it does not take one anywhere.

As you say, only through Nam japna, one washes away one´s haume and all karam, then only one gets purified and is ready to merge in Him, otherwise He is also here and we are also in the unending wheel of 84 (briths and deaths).

It is ok what you say, that through Nam, one realizes Him, but then, your own idea is your contradiction also, for it implies, unless you do Nam japna, you will never get that realization.

Mere theories take you nowhere.

For example, I know if I am thristy I need to drink water, but, unless I drink water, how can my thirst be quenched?

No matter how much I believe water will quench it, but if instead one drinks wine or any other drink than water, how can you say your thirst will be quenched?

The evidence is here and on many of apnay forums, see how many do Nam japna as per Gurbani? 

People prefer to repeat  hundreds of  other practices as seen, rather than do Nam japna, so then brother how will one ever get that purification and realization?

The bani says: Bahut janam vichuray teh Madhao, ehe janam Tumhare lekhay.

If we are one with Him, why would  the Bani say that we have been away from Him since countless births, and in this very human birth I will do the Nam japna to reunite my soul with You O Lord.

You accept that He is pure and perfect and changeless, and as per your theory we are Him, why  would the Bani say the following verses.

hum mailay tum oojal kartay ham nirgun too Daataa.
We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver.

ham moorakh tum chatur si-aanay too sarab kalaa kaa gi-aataa. ||1||
We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things.

maaDho ham aisay too aisaa.
O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are.

So you see Guru Jee is Himself telling us how we are when separated from Him, and how He is in His true state and nature.

Now, do not you or anybody tell me that you know more than Guru  Jee. For if you say anything as seen above, then we are true moorakhs by  trying too equate ourselves with Him without being so.

So sad, without reading or understanding the Bani, we prpoagate our own theories and dilute the teachings of Gurbani, then too we tell others you are incorrect.

I admit I can be incorrect sometimes in some aspects for no one is perfect, but when it comes to Gurbani, I will not tolerate any manipulations regarding the pure teachings of Guru Jee.

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What does Nikalank Avtar mean?

Who is Nikalank Avtar in Kalyug?

Hello Veer Jee,

regarding your question above, found the following information on the net:

THE COMING OF NIKALANK AVATAR: A MESSIANIC THEME IN SOME SECTARIAN TRADITIONS OF NORTH-WESTERN INDIA

Journal of Indian Philosophy 25: 401-426, 1997.
(c) 1997 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed in the Netherlands.

Dominique-Sila Khan

In the literary tradition associated with a few "obscure" religious movements of Rajasthan and Gujarat[1] one finds a number of prophetic songs the central motifs of which are of an eschatological and messianic nature.

They describe the end of the world or rather, according to Hindu beliefs, the cataclysms and disasters preceding the dissolution (pralaya) of the universe at the end of the fourth cosmic Age (Kali yuga) before a new Era begins.[2]

The advent of a saviour and restorer of justice in the form of Vishnu's tenth incarnation is also predicted, although, unlike the Epic and Puranic Kalki, he is referred to as Nikalank Avatar.

Hope it satisfies your query somehow.

Anyhow, if you or anyone wants to read more about it, following is the link :

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/nikaintro.html.