Was Guru Nanak God himself?

amardeep

1 hour ago, SunnySingh said:

Hello Veer Jee,

regarding your question above, found the following information on the net:

THE COMING OF NIKALANK AVATAR: A MESSIANIC THEME IN SOME SECTARIAN TRADITIONS OF NORTH-WESTERN INDIA

Journal of Indian Philosophy 25: 401-426, 1997.
(c) 1997 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed in the Netherlands.

Dominique-Sila Khan

In the literary tradition associated with a few "obscure" religious movements of Rajasthan and Gujarat[1] one finds a number of prophetic songs the central motifs of which are of an eschatological and messianic nature.

They describe the end of the world or rather, according to Hindu beliefs, the cataclysms and disasters preceding the dissolution (pralaya) of the universe at the end of the fourth cosmic Age (Kali yuga) before a new Era begins.[2]

The advent of a saviour and restorer of justice in the form of Vishnu's tenth incarnation is also predicted, although, unlike the Epic and Puranic Kalki, he is referred to as Nikalank Avatar.

Hope it satisfies your query somehow.

Anyhow, if you or anyone wants to read more about it, following is the link :

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/nikaintro.html.

Sorry Veer Ji. Mispelling on my part maybe. I meant this. 

The one without a mark. The original. 

Dan dan Guru Nanak Dev Ji. 

Nehkalank Avtaar' will be the savior. 'Nehkalank' is also known as 'Kalki

I'll find it in the BOS katha and share. I thought the reference would be recognized. Lemme school myself and reshare. 

11 hours ago, Guest Sher Singh said:

No, it is not incorrect at all.

Denying the truth and not wanting to accept it does not take one anywhere.

As you say, only through Nam japna, one washes away one´s haume and all karam, then only one gets purified and is ready to merge in Him, otherwise He is also here and we are also in the unending wheel of 84 (briths and deaths).

It is ok what you say, that through Nam, one realizes Him, but then, your own idea is your contradiction also, for it implies, unless you do Nam japna, you will never get that realization.

Mere theories take you nowhere.

For example, I know if I am thristy I need to drink water, but, unless I drink water, how can my thirst be quenched?

No matter how much I believe water will quench it, but if instead one drinks wine or any other drink than water, how can you say your thirst will be quenched?

The evidence is here and on many of apnay forums, see how many do Nam japna as per Gurbani? 

People prefer to repeat  hundreds of  other practices as seen, rather than do Nam japna, so then brother how will one ever get that purification and realization?

The bani says: Bahut janam vichuray teh Madhao, ehe janam Tumhare lekhay.

If we are one with Him, why would  the Bani say that we have been away from Him since countless births, and in this very human birth I will do the Nam japna to reunite my soul with You O Lord.

You accept that He is pure and perfect and changeless, and as per your theory we are Him, why  would the Bani say the following verses.

hum mailay tum oojal kartay ham nirgun too Daataa.
We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver.

ham moorakh tum chatur si-aanay too sarab kalaa kaa gi-aataa. ||1||
We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things.

maaDho ham aisay too aisaa.
O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are.

So you see Guru Jee is Himself telling us how we are when separated from Him, and how He is in His true state and nature.

Now, do not you or anybody tell me that you know more than Guru  Jee. For if you say anything as seen above, then we are true moorakhs by  trying too equate ourselves with Him without being so.

So sad, without reading or understanding the Bani, we prpoagate our own theories and dilute the teachings of Gurbani, then too we tell others you are incorrect.

I admit I can be incorrect sometimes in some aspects for no one is perfect, but when it comes to Gurbani, I will not tolerate any manipulations regarding the pure teachings of Guru Jee.

The Bani you quoted does not say we are separate. Nothing can exist that is not part of Waheguru. Our delusion of separation is an illusion not a fact.

man too(n) jot saroop hai aapanaa mool pachhaan ||

Please stop being childish and accusing people who don't agree with you of disrespecting Guru Sahib. If you can't engage in a discussion without throwing insults just be quiet.

6 minutes ago, ragnarok said:

The Bani you quoted does not say we are separate. Nothing can exist that is not part of Waheguru. Our delusion of separation is an illusion not a fact.

Please stop being childish and accusing people who don't agree with you of disrespecting Guru Sahib. If you can't engage in a discussion without throwing insults just be quiet.

Gurbani differentiates the state of Guru Nanak Dev Ji from yours. Like it or not. 

How'd you get to be so charming?

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Gurbani differentiates the state of Guru Nanak Dev Ji from yours. Like it or not. 

How'd you get to be so charming?

You haven't been able to demonstrate that.

Tohi mohi mohi tohi antar kaisa.

Our TRUE nature, the Satnaam, is that of Waheguru. Everything else is illusion. 

Guest Sher Singh
9 hours ago, ragnarok said:

Better you keep quiet, for so much ego and lies are not good.

Do not push or force your opinions, you will save problems for yourself.

How can you be so deluded?

What a wild imagination you have, you see things that are not real, that is called mental diarrhea.

There is no bigger blind than who refuses to see and accept reality.

Guest Sher Singh
13 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Thank you.

This is a correct answer in terms of Sikhee, not deluded fantasies.

Worth watching the whole list repeatedly. However, the third video about 53 min in covers Nehkahlank Avtar of Kaylug and describes what the difference is between Nehkalank and the entirety of the rest of us. 

I know Sargun Nirgun is confusing especially in a Dharam one could call Panentheistic, but Gurbani repeatedly indicates the status of the Guru Sahiban as being Akal Purakh themself having no blemish, no creation mark never seperated even in appearance. 

• 1 year later...

Whelp...full circle...

Wound up back here ...thought I found something new...and followed my own posts ...whelp 

So..this thread tackles some great concepts. The part about women mistaking air for a baby is garbage. ...

It does not reconcile any of the Nanak Rai, bedi sodi narrative. Even it does address other aspects of Dasam Granth, Bachittar Natak. 

• 1 month later...

Update. The status of Guru Sahiban is almost impossible to discern from Akal Purakh themself, but there was at one time a division that has been completed or perfected. 

If you compare Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Dasam Granth, and Vaaran it solidifies at Christ like beings. 

And Nehkalank doesn't mean what I thought. 

I blame my own ignorance combined with Enlgish Katha that isn't exactly accurate.