Mira Bhai writings in old Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji saroop?

I was going through old topics, stumbled across topic of female saints, i saw a post regarding mira bhai composition in old sri guru granth sahib ji bir by tsingh veer ji.

source: http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...ira&start=0

Mira Bhai was a female sant and a rajput princess who wrote sloks mainly dedicated to Krishna. She is recognised as one of the key figures in the bhakti movement. Her writings were included to one early bir of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

I was wondering if sangat can help out with following questions-

- Where is this maharaj saroop located that has mira bhai writings?

- What's a history behind this saroop? eg- date, who has it- family lineage or in the gurdwara?

- What is it called?

- How authentic this saroop is?

- Does this saroop has ragmalla as well? is it fully complete? where is mira bhai writing right at the end after ragmalla?

i belive the saroop with the writing of Mira Bhai is in the Bhai Bhanno Bir which was made at the same time as the Kartarpur Bir. Extra writings were placed in the Granth by Bhai bhanno such as the rattan mala and extra shabads of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and other sadhus of the Bhagti movement

extract from sikhs.org

An unauthorized edition of the Guru Granth Sahib know as the Banno Bir also exists. Guru Arjan Dev gave this copy of the Granth Sahib to Bhai Banno one of his disciples to take to Lahore for binding. Bhai Banno kept this volume and wrote in some verses of Sudras and Mirabai which it is believed had been rejected by the Guru as well as a few hymns allegedly to be by Guru Nanak at the end of his Granth. Guru Arjan Dev did not approve the Banno Bir. This copy is still in the possession of the descendants of Bhai Banno.

extract from sikh-heritage.com

Bhai Banno was the son of Bishan Chand Bhatia of village Mangat of district Gujarat in Pakistan. He became a faithful follower of Guru Arjan who involved him in the preparation of the Adi Granth. It was written on loose sheets and it was decided to get it bound in a beautiful hard cover at Lahore. Bhai Banno was entrusted with the task of taking the manuscript to Lahore for the purpose. He took Guru Arjan's permission to pass through his native village Mangat. It is said that on the way he prepared another copy with slight variations from the original. He extended the composition of Bhagat Surdas and included a stanza by Mira Bai. Guru Arjan crossed out these additions and declared that version as un-authentic. It is believed that this version is still in possession of the heirs to Bhai Banno. This un-authorized version of the Adi Granth is referred to in Sikh literature as Khari Bir (as it was written in village Khaira) or Bhai Banno ki Bir.

Gurfateh

There is city near capital of Uttar Pradesh(lcknow) called Kanpur.

In Kanpur we have Gurudwara Bhai Bannu Ji,where that oldest beerh is till kept.so we have second copy of of Darbar Sahib ie Beerh of Bhai Bannu still with us at Kanpur(First version is Kartarpur Beerh).

some other version of same are kept at Patna sahib also but Prakash is done of Damdami Beerh only.

As per Suraj Prakash,Fifth Master did not reject his copy totaly das feels but can be wrong.More can be understood from rarasahib.com.

• 6 months later...

tvareekhgurukhalsabhaibzx4.th.jpg

page scanned from giani gian singh's tvareekh guru khalsa.

rough translation:

"in 1661 bikram: guru arjan sahib ji sent bhai bano to lahore to have sri guru granth sahib ji bound. on the way bhai bano made another copy to which he added some shabads of guru nanak dev ji & other bhagats. he got both copies bound & presented both to guru arjan dev ji. guru ji named the second bir "kharri bir", but both were accepted & respected equally. guru ji also said that if bhai bano had not followed his own wishes, there would only have been one sri guru granth sahib ji. instead, now there will be granth sahibs in many houses, & people will gain mukhti by doing darshan."

Here is a picture - N30 Singh Ji I think you posted it - quite a while ago - along with pictures of a Saroop of Sri Dasm Granth from Nander and a saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib from Aurangabad

(I always copy and keep good pictures !)

However I can't remember where this 'beer' Sahib with the Mira Bai writings is from.

Perhaps you can remember N30 ?

Here it is -- Raag Maru Mira Bai

of50590442kg6.jpg

Freed veer its been long time brother, i m not too sure, where is this bir located? i ll look into my previous emails see if there was location mentioned.

tvareekhgurukhalsabhaibzx4.th.jpg

page scanned from giani gian singh's tvareekh guru khalsa.

rough translation:

"in 1661 bikram: guru arjan sahib ji sent bhai bano to lahore to have sri guru granth sahib ji bound. on the way bhai bano made another copy to which he added some shabads of guru nanak dev ji & other bhagats. he got both copies bound & presented both to guru arjan dev ji. guru ji named the second bir "kharri bir", but both were accepted & respected equally. guru ji also said that if bhai bano had not followed his own wishes, there would only have been one sri guru granth sahib ji. instead, now there will be granth sahibs in many houses, & people will gain mukhti by doing darshan."

two versions of what guru sahiban thought:

from sikhs.org

An unauthorized edition of the Guru Granth Sahib know as the Banno Bir also exists. Guru Arjan Dev gave this copy of the Granth Sahib to Bhai Banno one of his disciples to take to Lahore for binding. Bhai Banno kept this volume and wrote in some verses of Sudras and Mirabai which it is believed had been rejected by the Guru as well as a few hymns allegedly to be by Guru Nanak at the end of his Granth. Guru Arjan Dev did not approve the Banno Bir. This copy is still in the possession of the descendants of Bhai Banno.