Sign in to follow this  
tSingh

A list of Nirmala, Udasi and Sevapanthi granths in print

Forgot to say one other thing, Gurbani can be read in raag, I have been told by a reliable source (raagi) that during their childhood in India, they heard an old Baba reading Baraan Maaha in Maajh, it was the most beautiful paath he had ever heard, and the whole sangat was magnetised and many had tears in their eyes, sadly, alongside many other things, this seems to be a lost tradition. It is not so difficult, I can somewhat read my Anand Sahib Ji paath in Ramkali, it has drowning affect! When this person spoke to Baba after he finished, he said this was the way he was taught by his teacher…

You are correct shaheediyan veerji that Gurbani read in Raag have very deep effect (physically, emotionally, and spiritually)..........Neither I was comparing Raag vs Dharna nor was raising questions that why Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not read in raag.............my sole point was: There are some persons who say that reading dharna is manmukh/against Gurmat............they say that any person who is reading Kachi Bani/Dharna is against Gurmat and is not a Sikh. This is wrong.

That questions were aimed at them (whose who call dharna as manmukh) asking them if Kirtan without Raag or Dharna is manmat, then what about reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji without Raag and discussing the Sikh history.

So, the bottom line is anything which discusses HIM/GOD is good.......it could be in the shape of raag kirtan, dharna, gurbani reading, preaching of GOD, simply discussing in sangat, or just like we're discussing now etc. etc............ and naturally every way has its own points......just like saying Waheguru Waheguru at third eye has much more power as compared to saying by tongue.......here Waheguru is same, but only the place where HIS dhayan is done is different............here we can't say that saying Waheguru with tongue is of NO importance...........The real thing is remember HIM at all the times.

bhul chek de maffi

das

das - "reading" of a religious text is not the same thing as the "singing" of hymns and also we have the established tradition of "katha" for the explanation of shabds and sakhia.