something controversial

Kam1825

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Your distinctions don't derive from gurbani but from a Vaishnava influence in the Nirmala sampradaya. And anyways the Bachitar Natak needs to be read in a different way because of its style."

Rather than leaving it at saying my distinctionsss come from a vaishnava influence on nirmalay, and that Bachitar Natak needs to be read differently, how about we go more in depth? i'm interested in seeing how you think it should be read, and why. And please further explain how the influence makes my point wrong.

-Many of the various Avtars referred to in Bachitter Natak are avtars of Vishnu. The first time Waheguru himself came as GURavtar was when Guru Nanak Dev ji came

Of course, Waheguru came as Narsingh etc, but I'm referring to Guravtar.-

Guest Javanmard

u know knowing punjabi will be better

correct version: You know, knowing Panjabi would be better.

For your information I have actually taught Panjabi at the University of London for three years. And I have edited a Panjabi grammar in Shahmukhi script. I guess that makes me more or less qualified wouldn't you say?

In any case this isn't Panjab. This is an English speaking forum. If you don't like it then I guess you know what to do...

Just because of your stupid post here is something I tell my naughty students:

Children should be seen and not heard...

In my opinion, before issuing this fatwa to legalise/encourage abortions where a child has been diagnosed as malformed, they should issue a fatwa to ban cultural practices which cause these diseases and conditions to increase i.e. ban in-breeding - marriage between uncles and neices and cousins etc.

I have devout Muslim friends who totally disagree with marriage between close relations for this very reason i.e. increase risk in genetic diseases.

Javanmard i apologise as i cant find the correc thread but two questions that i never had answered from you to this day still are required.

1) You spoke about the persian influence in the design of the Sri Harmandir Sahib. I asked you what Bhagat Singh writes in the Gurbilas Patshahi 6 about the sturcture of the Sri Harmandir Sahib. Can you please tell me what Bhagat Singh wrote as from my knowledge it is not that the structure was based on persian influence.

2) you spoke of a janamsakhi of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji where they had a second wife who was muslim and through this marriage had two daughters. All you seemed to remember was that it wasn't written by a muslim. Can you remember anything else such as the author or name? You know many scholars i am sure one of them must know it if you dont. The reason i ask is that i have asked the Bedi family to go through all of their Janamsakhi of which they have many and according to them it does not exist. My ismaili friends can access the library you mention but i still not have had enough information from you to locate this source. Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi are currently in Canada and are coming to london for two days, i am hoping to find this source by the time they get here as they want to see it as well. For this reason can i have more information on this source.

I am aware you are bsy but would appreciate if you answered these questions like a scholar rather then dodging them like a politician. Thanks

Yes, no one here or any Sikh/Punjabi I have ever met (there have been many) agrees with female foeticide and femicide.

To correct my above statement, it's not just a cultural practice, but a religious permission given and exemplified by the Holy Prophet, which needs to be changed re the now proven dangers of inbreeding.

With all due respect.

Javanmard, please answer kam questions posted above, as you can see he is also khoji just like you, he has genuine concerns like to get an source for the claims that was posted by you, we should help each other out.

Guest Javanmard

Any person having studied Indian architecture knows that the Harmimandir Sahib is Mughal architecture. I clear:

THERE IS NO INDEPENDENT AMAZING "SIKH" ARCHITECTURAL STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!