Shere Punjab to reform?....

Hmmm. I know people in teh Punjabi community are having problems (mostly self afflicted), but I have never known SP or any other "gang" to help solve the "inherent" problems. In most cases they simply add to them, ultimately inheriting the same mind-set and actions that they are "seen" to speak out against....

Sarabha Panjab News

http://www.sarabhapanjab.blogspot.com/

Calls to Re-establish Sher-e-Panjab Leadership!

Original Sher-e-Panjab Headhunters speak out against Inter-Sikh Fighting!

Sarabha Panjab News

http://www.sarabhapanjab.blogspot.com/

24th May 2007

UK Panjabi-Sikh youth led a meeting in Smethwick on Sunday evening to address the problems facing UK Sikh youth.

It was attended by prominent figures from the Panjabi-Sikh community including original Sher-e-Panjab hierarchy and Babbar Khalsa members.

Calls were made to re-establish vigilante group Sher-e-Panjab, which was officially disbanded in 1997. Since 1997 the name Sher-e-Panjab (SP) has been hijacked by hooligans who have damaged the work previously undertaken by SP.

This was one of the key factors that led to the recent Handsworth Vaiskahi Mela riot.

An original SP Headhunter spoke to Sarabha Panjab

“We started SP back in the 70’s to combat violence and intimidation facing the Panjabi-Sikh community. Many brave young men stood up to racist skinhead attacks and later on fanatic Muslims. We never bowed down to either one.â€

“Once SP gained the respect of the community and was feared by racists, we had everyone trying to jump on the bandwagon. Before we knew it, every tom, dick and harry claimed to be SPâ€

“The aim was to protect our community but it became connected with hooliganism, crime and the drug scene!â€

“That’s when we officially disbanded SP, and I think because of that the Panjabi-Sikh community suffered. With a steady increase in racist attacks and abuse of Sikh girls, I have been requested many times by the youth to re-establish SPâ€

“The violence and bloodshed at the recent Vaiksahi Mela demonstrated the lack of leadership and respect within the Panjabi-Sikh community. Inter-fighting is weakening our spirit, we need to unite.â€

The meeting addressed some key points:

Inter-fighting within Sikh community

Racist attacks

Sexual exploitation of Sikh girls at hands of Extremist Muslims

Hate-preaching against Sikhs

Beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Fake sects and Deras in UK

UK Sikh youth agreed all points need to be addressed for the protection of the Panjabi-Sikh communty and the Sikh Faith.

A follow-up meeting is expected next month.

Sarabha Panjab:

History shows the Sikh Panjabi Nation has never bowed down to tyranny and injustice. The glorious past of Khalsa army under the command of Shah-e-Shenshah Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji demonstrated unity between all those who opposed injustice. Irrelevant if you are Sehajdhari , Keshdari, Amritdari etc.

Panjabi-Sikh youth must unite under the banner of the Nishaan Sahib.

Soora so pahchaniye, je lade deen ke het,

Purja-purja kat mare, kabhu na chhade khet.

One who fights against the injustice and for the poor is the one who is brave, he may be cut into pieces but must not leave the field.

Guest Javanmard

Sher e Panjab and Hizbut Tahrir should get deported or even better forced to fight in a massive gladiator game. The survivor (rubbed in banana paste) has the right to live on a deserted island with 6 horny male gorillas and a gun with one shot in it.

They are both just pure tribalists but the worst thing is the UK government does nothing about those scumbags. People just don't realise how horrible there people are. Sher e Panjab are so infiltrated in Sikh youth organisations it's disgusting.

Kirpa Karo, that was my original point (maybe not to that extreme though).

Javanmard Ji, please don't detrude the image of Gorillas, the are very honourable, compassionate, brave and intelligent animals... and tribal for good reasons!

With regards to infilitrating Sikh organisations, you truely seem to have had bad experiences in the UK, I have never come across SP in Sikh circles (in my limited experience). You may be talking of the anti-mslm sentiment which does disease "parts" of the UK panth, but as with everythign in life, everything is not as clear cut as it seems. Many people in the Midlands and London are bullied and targeted by fanatical elements.

The key as always is education, even amongst sunni, these fanatical elements are th minority, I personally have educated Sunni firends who hate these people and this behaviour and twisted intrpetation of Islam.

If educated people like Javanamard veer ji could have daya, forgive and focus on promoting and increasing success in these issues through education for the uneducated Sikh masses, then all that hard work my veer ji has done throughout his life will be truelly blessed...

"2 - Ask persons to refrain"

Is that a new addition?

Also, I have heard that there are a lot presentations going on in Gurdwarai in the Midlands and London re the above mentioned troubles in the community, has anyone been to any of these, who is behind them and organising them? Are mslms or Islm stereo-typed or is it made clear that it is only a tiny minority who is guilty?

I remember in my School days (Looong time ago), SP used to recruite kids and give them an SP pen!!

There was also a special SP ring for the senior members .....

Backward forward, make sure you get hold hold of these items if you want to be teh "real deal".

• 3 weeks later...

Fair comments, but does any one else have any other ideas how to resolve many of the issues listed ?.

People are quick to judge the negitives to any situation.

Lets talk about what positives we can obtain from the recreation of SP.

(Talking about a new ere not the old)

Reuniting troubled mislead sikh youths ?

Educating youths about the TRUE meaning of Sikhi ?

Help develop a strong community ?

Help understand issues and problems within the community ?

I dont see SP as a gang more like youth club where sikhs can get together talk about everyday issues even gain a stronger understanding of sikhi.

"Reuniting troubled mislead sikh youths ?

Educating youths about the TRUE meaning of Sikhi ?

Help develop a strong community ?

Help understand issues and problems within the community ?"

I seriously do not think old SP, current SP or future SP are qualified or do any of the above, seriously.

All they will do is unite the idiotic fanatical and trouble making youth i.e. AK47 and further poison their minds with Islamophobia (in addition to the hate they already have for all non Neo-Sikhs).

They are better off learning about Islam and practicing Sikhi themselves, and THEN, helping the community in a productive way i.e. promoting kirtan, Sikh camps, inter-faith relations, targeting troublesome youth (namely their own namesakes) etcetera.

They should let go of their attachment to the SP name, it has a bad reputation and nothing to do with Sikhi in any case.