www.nuralimam.net

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

Nur al-Imam is the forum for a community of those who believe in the Twelfth Imam, Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdi (as), but also believe that he has not simply abandoned us to our own devices. Rather, he has created many paths unto him, in line with the famous hadith of the Prophet "The paths to Allah are as many as the breaths of human beings." This site is designed to build bridges and understanding between these different paths. It is a site dedicated to religious pluralism. It is our belief that three of the most important paths are Ismailism, Sikhism, and Sufism, all of which represent manifestations of the Twelfth Imam. We have provided some articles on proofs of the legitimacy of these paths. These are by no means the sole religions. Allah is beyond being encompassed by any single faith. We therefore welcome believers of any path who see themselves as followers of the Twelfth Imam. It is time for the sectarianism to end, and for those who love the Twelfth Imam to unite.

www.nuralimam.net

Just out of interest, what is the process for establishing a new tariqah? Do they work in the same manner as samprdais with regards needing a lineal authority?

I recall reading a lineage of one order which was printed bold and proud on the inner sleeve of a book going all the way back through to the Prophet via the Imam. Also, do the orders who are not openly shia downplay the lineal dimension?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree. Shaykh ji is a star.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the followers of this new tariqah (as well as existing ones) could communicate so gracefully, compassionately, diplomatically, open-mindedly and intelligently.

It would also be equally wonderful if more of us "Sikhs" could communicate in such a respectful and artful manner also, without having to resort to demeaning ourselves and inflating our ego's by being consistently patronising, rude and obnoxious (including me of course).

We seek to emulate our Guru in so many ways, but communication and interaction is one area that seems to elude us...

• 1 month later...
Guest Javanmard

Because like Hazrat 'Isa (as) said: Don't throw the pearls to the swine. We still live in the dawr ul ghayba (age of occultation) and to have esoteric truths displayed like this can be dangerous. I know far too many people who have gone mad, commited suicide or commited outright blasphemy because they were not ready to receive certain truths. Also to give free access to these truths to the army of ignorance is to allow these truths to be ridiculed by the ahl e aamm, the ignorant masses. I was Shaikh Carney's best friend but I do think that the nuralimam.net website was a mistake.