Was Islam Spread by the Sword?

Mystical

I came across this video from this website, http://www.shiacode.com/shiacode12.html . Through it was really good and I thought I'd share it with you guys. In the video below Sayed Ammar Nakshawani talks about how Islam was not spread by the sword. And the idea of Jihad was to protect dharma (righteousness) even for does who wasn't Muslim but does who believed in One God.

The video also goes on about the idea of free thinking and the to why we should question and allow free thinking.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s48y8bZSEY

it is compulsory for all iranian men to do 2 years service, with some exclusions allowed. i knew an iranian doctor who had to do his 2 years service on the frontlne in the iran-iraq war in the 80s. He told me that was teating people for chemical weapons injuries, and it was hell on earth. He said he would never go back there.

Guest Javanmard

That war was pure hell. UK,US Russia and France financed and actively helped Iraq against Iran and closed a blind eye on Iraq's use of chemical weapons. Iran never replied with chemical weapons though. French pilots even bombarded Iran under the Iraqi flag. Respect for the shahids who died in that war. Real shahids.

• 1 month later...

in reply to the title of this topic, definately yes, and still continues to be spread through manipulation, violence, and threats. Although it is also spread through none coercive means to.