Dasam Granth and taksal

amardeep

When i had the bhaag of visiting taksal at Chowk Mehta there was aprkash of aad Guru and Dasam Guru in the same palki. Same as when i have darshan of Gurdwara Tari Sahib by chamkaur sahib, there was Aad Guru and Dasam Guru parkash.

There are many vids of Taksal concerning Dasam Guru Granth on youtuve.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WsFU8ffwkow

on the above video, a taksali refers to Dasam Granth as Dasam Guru Granth Sahib (see the beginning and agan 1:40) but the website of damdamitaksal only says Dasam Granth Sahib..

What is the stance of Taksal then?

I get the feeling that Neo singh is a taksali, and he also considers Dasam Granth to be the Guru.

Guest Javanmard

It is classified as Guru along with Adi and Sarabloh. One needs to know that "Taksali" gurdwaras in the West are actually Sikh Federation and that these people though they employ Taksali granthis differ on the issue of guruship of Dasam.

Thank you Javanmard.

now sangat i have some questions on the Guruship of the three Granths.

Why did Guru Gobind Singh not compile the two Granths himself if he conferred the status of Guru to Bani for eternity.

It is said that the writing style of Sri Guru Sarbloh Granth sahib is not the same as that of Dasam Bani and that it makes refference to a book written some 12 years after the dissapearence of Mahraj. What makes you sure that Sarbloh bani is authentic bani?

akaal ustat, Gian ka praboodh and other banis in the Dasam Granth were left unfinished(or at least in the current official version they seem to be unfinished). What is the reason for Bani missing in the Granth conferred Guruship?

Is the guruship of all three grants mentioned in any puratan sources, or is it just oral tradition (which only the sampardayas have kept till this date)

just passing by...

Actually its not classified that explicitly at all in Nirmala writings and if it is quoted it isn't explicitly termed 'Sri Dasam Guru Granth'. Generally they haven't gone into Sri Dasam Granth or Sri Sarbloh Granth very much at all. Nirmala granths that i've seen which cite gurbani generally take Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Very very very rarely has there been any reference to Sri Sarbloh Granth (in fact I've yet to find one prior to the late 19th century). Obviously Pandit Tara Singh narotam refers to it, Gyani Badan Singh of Faridkot Tika fame also had a text called Sarbloh prakash, or something like that, of quotations.

Singhs who were at Taksal at the time of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji all agree that it's Bani. However i was told that certain Banis are 'not for everyone' and even that parts of Sarbloh Bani are generally meant to be kept gupt from 'the masses' as they require anubhavi gyaan to be fully understood.

Of the many Nirmala (of varying affiliation) Deras, Akharas, Ashrams, Gurdwaras, etc that I've been to, I can't recall one having prakash of Dasam Granth. In the many writings I've looked at (apart from Sant Gurbachan Singh with his Budha Dal link) I've not seen an explicit reference to 'Sri Dasam Guru Granth'. Sri Sarbloh Granth does not even get quoted.

Guest Javanmard

Fine tsingh but the discussion is about Taksal and as far as I recall Giani Gian Singh was a Nirmala and he does acknowledge the three granths as guru. Now yes I haven't seen prakash of the three granths in Nirmala institutions BUT my dear friend I have seen beers of dasam granth being kept in sach khand of the Nirmala akhara in Patiala which CLEARLY means that it was used for prakash! As we both know there is not one sampradaya that can claim that it has kept all the previous traditions intact.

btw, don't know about ddt gurdwaras outside of BC, but there are at least two in BC that have nothing to do with Federation. I think the lack of prakash of Dasam Bani is simply a manpower thing.

Having asked Baba Thakur Singh ji Bhindren about Dasam Bani, he has told me that Dasam Bani is supposed to be prakash at Amrit Sanchaars.