valli singh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is their (Singh Sabha Canada) address in Canada?

They spread all over in Canada. In BC, they have a base, they own a small gathering place near ROSS street temple in Vancouver. i was invited there to talk about the website. I wasn't aware of them then but i got to listen to their views i was shocked- They beleive mitr pyare nuo shabad cannot be written by sri guru gobind singh ji because guru ji would never refer to vahiguroo as mitr, totally missing out the adhyatamic connotation's on the shabad. They also think guru ji was soo humble that he cannot write bachatir natak which talks about his own autobiography, they are fully influenced by Protestant thinking which puts rules and regulations on avtars. They have certain mindset of how guru's mat was when they were in physical body, they started comparing guru's by that mindset.

• 2 weeks later...

ultra extremist paranoia, good thing the singh sabha name is used with these people :D

here they are bashing nihangs:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d4pGbuznNpU&...re=channel_page

• 2 months later...

check out their video about how Taksal supposedly promoted homosexuality. This is 100% pure BULLSHIT!!!

at the surrey nagar kirtan, they were handing out dvd's that contained slander against dasam bani. gurdwara Canadian Singh Sabha in Surrey provides a base for anti-dasam bani propaganda in Surrey. Prof. Darshan Singh also slandered Dasam Bani while giving a talk at that gurdwara.

These people also have videos slandering puratan mahapurkhs such as baba attar singh ji, baba nand singh ji, baba gurbachan singh ji while playing a song in the background implying that they are dehdaari pakhandi gurus.

Rather than upsetting our own balance of mind by getting angry at this, I think it may be a good idea for people to distribute dvd's of the debates with missionaries that Baba Hari Singh ji held. Nagar kirtans are an excellent opportunity for this. That way people can actually see which philosophy is superior when they go head to head.

Also, when they hand out their materials at nagar kirtans etc, feel free to pick up several dozen copies ;) for yourself and ''your friends'' and then just break them, throw them in the trash.

They are also fond of saying that people who don't agree to them are "attached to BIPRAN KE REET"

But usually don't have an answer when asked where the 'bipran ki reet' tuk comes from.

I think it's all part of a divide & conquer tactic - create doubt and attract followers. The funding of such groups is hazy and as mentioned, may have a link to the RSS etc.

Baba Hari Singh Ji answered their questions well and Darshan ragi was made to look like an idiot in Germany last year.

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear all

The Singh Sabha organsisation has tried to undertake a coup d’état on the Sri Dasam Granth.

They have tried to infiltrate You tube with their take on the whole subject and even other sites like

www.scribd.com. However now and then their videos are pulled off from the site because people do log complaints

with the site as of today their videos are now longer there.

Valli Singh you make a good point that CD's and literature protecting the sanctity of the Granth needs to be more prevalent.

I have provided material for the recent Dasam Durbars in the UK and for other Gurudwaras across the world.

I also understand that CD's of the " International Seminar on the Sri Dasam Granth" at Sacramento 2008, were intended to be created for the Nagar Kirtan in Surrey, BC this year they were looking at creating 10,000 copies for the sangat....whether this took place i dont know.

There is some seminars due to take place in the UK later this year on the Sri Dasam Granth in the UK later this year. Look out for updates on www.sridasamgranth.com.

If anybody wants to help in the creation of CD's and other material then do get in touch with me, i can provide some original sources.

My book which is still be being finalised on the subject will still take some time to complete but will definitely be worth the wait.

Sinch the luanch of www.sridasamgranth.com i have been helpling many on the path to understanding the Granth however the help is

not reciprocated but that is how the world works.

Akal

Gurinder Singh Mann

www.sridasamgranth.com

What is the explanation for the devi and deva ustat in Dasam Granth? i've wondered about this for a long time now

Reading in Punjabi rather than English translations, and listening to Katha by Mahapursh, there isn't 'ustat' of devi/devte. Respect is certainly given and they are praised for whatever good qualities they possess (the same goes for all the jodhey/warriors mentioned in Dasam Bani), but ustat is always for Akaal. If we took single lines without placing them in context, then it could be argued that there is 'ustat' of Aurangzeb in Zafarnama.......

EDIT: LISTEN TO THE NEW Q&A with Sant Jagjit Singh Ji - they answer your question perfectly.

silence: What does Baba ji say about the line Ram katha jug jug athal? that it is'nt reffering to the ramayana or?

The translations certainly would have you believe that, so it really is no wonder that so many people are Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji nastiks (sadly, me included at one point). Anyway, I'll give you a link to the katha

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/0...khya.Part.8.mp3

I think its about 20 mins or so in, explanation of the Dasam Bani in Sri Rehraas Sahib Ji, basically in the first line 'Raam' refers to Vaheguru, it is only in the second line that King Rama is referred to. Very interesting katha by giani ji, and makes you realise how beautiful this bani is and how sad how badly the message is being twisted.

Another example also expalined in the above link:

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਤੁੰਗ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਤਰਿ ਸਤਦ੍ਰੱਵ ਤੀਰ ਤਰੰਗ ॥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਵਤ ਪੂਰਨ ਕੀਯੋ ਰਘੁਬਰ ਕਥਾ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਗ ॥੮੬੧॥

नेत्र तुंग के चरन तरि सतद्रव तीर तरंग ॥ स्री भगवत पूरन कीयो रघुबर कथा प्रसंग ॥८६१॥

The story of Raghuvir Ram was complete by the Grace of God on the bank of Sutlej in the valley of the mountain.861.

ਸਾਧ ਅਸਾਧ ਜਾਨੋ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਦ ਸੁਬਾਦ ਬਿਬਾਦਿ ॥ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਕਲ ਪੂਰਣ ਕੀਯੋ ਭਗਵਤਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥੮੬੨॥

साध असाध जानो नही बाद सुबाद बिबादि ॥ ग्रंथ सकल पूरण कीयो भगवति क्रिपा प्रसादि ॥८६२॥

The saint be not considered as unsaintly ever and the debate as controversial ever; this whole Granth (book) has been completed by the Grace of God.862.

This gives the idea that maharaj is saying that rama is a saadh and should not be known as unsaintly, however Giani Ji explains that the second line is nothing to do with ramchandar, but maharaj talking about himself, displaying to his own amazing, beant nimrata, saying with so much humility that I know not about sadh, asadh, baad, subaad, bibaad, then that the granth has been completed by the grace of Vaheguru, no praise of ram chandar at all!

bhull chukk maaf