Tilak ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Buddha

wjkk wjkf i was reading this link about baba budha ji and found that he had applied the tilak on the first 5 gurus.

what significance does the tilak have in sikhism ? i am aware of why its used in hinduism but have not seen this practse in sikhism in today's age. if anyone could shed some light

fateh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Buddha

wjkk wjkf i was reading this link about baba budha ji and found that he had applied the tilak on the first 5 gurus.

what significance does the tilak have in sikhism ? i am aware of why its used in hinduism but have not seen this practse in sikhism in today's age. if anyone could shed some light

fateh

Put it in context.

All tilak is/was a method of passing leadership from one person to another. Used by Kings and Warriors of that time. Probably pre-dates Hinduism. Just a ceremony, like for example a Knighthood.

Its all that Hindu Phobia mate

Personally I'm just waiting for some jatha to declare the use of the number zero by Sikhs (introduced by early Hindus to the rest of the world) as being bamanvaad.

K.

Its all that Hindu Phobia mate

So true.

I think the Singh Sabha movement was trying to stop Sikhi being absorbed into Hinduism, but some of the proponents may have gone a little far.

Compounded by what happened in 1984 Hindu phobia seems rife. One only has to go onto sikhsangat or Panthic weekly to see this.

i've come across sikhs who dont even believe in reincarnation lol

I think many mistake the different emphasis reincarnation in Sikhi with the belief there is no reincarnation. A very learned man I met in India explained to me that reincarnation in Sikhi is akin to "matter cannot be created or destroyed but only changes form".

"Our Guru Sahib's may have used it but I really don't see any relevence to it now, they randomly started some trend about tilaks at hazoor sahib only recently, but some how its 'pratan' cause its hazoor sahib."

Would you like to enlighten us on this randomly started trend i.e. what is it used for, also please tell us 'when' exactly is recently, you seemed to be clued up on this subject.

Man, Hazuri Singhs have so much free time on their hands....

"Our Guru Sahib's may have used it but I really don't see any relevence to it now, they randomly started some trend about tilaks at hazoor sahib only recently, but some how its 'pratan' cause its hazoor sahib."

Would you like to enlighten us on this randomly started trend i.e. what is it used for, also please tell us 'when' exactly is recently, you seemed to be clued up on this subject.

Man, Hazuri Singhs have so much free time on their hands....

Although I'm not against the use of Tilak since it was a part of our puraatan heritage, but a few years ago I went to Hazur Sahib and saw the Hazuri Sikhs with pink/Bhagmaa coloured tilaks/tikaas on their foreheads. When asking around I was told by older Yatris that these Hazuri Sikhs did not used to apply these tilaks/tikaas on their foreheads a few years ago, they just started doing this recently.

Randip, I think you gotta read more Gurbani, before you speak. You didn't need to ask for proof I had already disclosed it. You make me laugh Randip.

I hope you have proof Randip, so far all you have is hearsay.

So where is your proof?