IN SEARCH OF THE TRUE GURU, by Bhai Rama Singh jee

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

By the Grace of Dhann Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, daas is going to post summary of In Search of the True Guru by Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh jee. I request all of u, to please NOT reply in this thread, as I wanna save it ONLY for posting summaries. If something is to be discussed, please start a new thread for it. :)

This thread is intended to be nothing but pure sewa on part of das, with the hope that it will enlighten all of us here.

Your co-operation is expected and will be appreciated

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

The book begins with the mention of all the Gursikhs who have helped in the English translation of the book. Further on, Bhai Rama Singh jee mentions certain quotes from SGGS which touched his heart.

Japji Sahib : In the Amrit Vela, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate on His Glorious Greatness.

Anand Sahib : The saintly beings and the silent sages search for the Ambrosial Nectar, this Amrit is obtained from the Guru.

O my eyes, the Lord has infused His Light into you; do not look upon any other than the Lord.

O my ears, you were created only to hear the Truth.

Sukhmani Sahib : Meditate, and by meditating continually, find contentment and happiness.

One, whose eyes do not gze upon the beauty of other women (other than spouse)

One whose heart is mercifully blessed with abiding humility, O Nanak, is liberated here, and obtains peace hereafter.

Bhai Rama Singh jee has also said that he experienced 4 unusual happenings. First : a divine message in the jungles of Hardwar. Second : a partakh darshan of Guru Gobind Singh. Third : gift of simran at amrit vela. Fouth : a dream of Khalsa Raj.

Bhai Sahib starts out by talking about his childhood. He was born in a so-called high caste Hindu family, and used to recite God’s name Hare Ram Hare Ram. He also mentions his realizing that human life is precious, and wasting it would mean another 8.4 million life forms before one could become a human again. He felt sad on seeing animals being treated with cruelty, and didn’t want that to be his fate. Therefore, simran became his aim. He talks about how selfish this world is, and gives an example story of an old man who wasn’t treated properly by his daughters-in-law until they were told that he would be leaving them with a lot of wealth. He also talks about sadhus practicing sever austereties to attain God, whereas Gurbani clearly states that only by simran can God be achieved. Not only this, Bhai Sahib also tells the story of 3 fake sadhus who tricked the entire village and fled with a lot of money after fooling people into believing their lies. Bhai Sahib then tells how the Jains initiate a person into sainthood : by removing the person’s hair after rubbing ashes on his scalp, making it really painful and unimaginable.

More to come

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhai Sahib talks about how some people believe that remaining celibate (One who abstains from sexual intercourse, especially by reason of religious vows. One who is unmarried) is a way to achieve salvation.

BASANT, NINTH MEHL: The heart of the sinner is filled with unfulfilled sexual desire. He cannot control his fickle mind. || 1 || Pause || The Yogis, wandering ascetics and renunciates - this net is cast over them all. || 1 || Those who contemplate the Name of the Lord cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 2 || Servant Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Lord. Please bestow the blessing of Your Name, that he may continue to sing Your Glorious Praises. || 3 || 2 || (SGGS pg 1186)

Some indian sects believe in worshipping the shiv ling, or the sufi saint saiyad. Quoting Guru Gobind Singh from Tva Prasad Sawaiyye, Bhaisahib rejects all such worshipping modes.

Some worship stones, borne on their heads; some hang lingams from their necks. Some claim that God dwells in the south, whilst other bow to the West.

Some worship idols, foolishly ignorant; others put trust in the tombs of the dead.

All are astray, seduced by false ritual; none knows the secret of God. (10) Tva Prasad Sawaiyye

Burning 5 fires around themselves in the burning heat of June is considered another way of removing the 5 evils (lust, anger, pride, greed, attachment ) by some saints. Bhaisahib thanks Gurbani for showing him the true path.

They beat the drums for the sake of bread. (SGGS pg 465)

Bhaisahib also talks about how the priests at Banaras trick people. Some pundits at Banaras actually brainwash people thereby making them jump into a well with a saw, thereby cut into 2 halves.

His mind's desires may lead him to go and dwell at sacred places of pilgrimage, and offer his head to be sawn off; but this will not cause the filth of his mind to depart, even though he may make thousands of efforts. (SGGS pg 642)

Donating cow to charity, bathing the statue of the Hindu god Mahadev, donation of a bed to charity (which is believed to be used by the dead person after death for his/her comforts :o ) are other blind rituals that Bhaisahib saw being followed.

All other efforts are punished by the Messenger of Death, which accepts nothing at all, except meditation on the Lord of the Universe. (SGGS pg 266)

Bhaisahib also criticizes some Sikhs who have allowed similar rituals from creeping into Sikhi. He gives the examples of people who send money for paath(s) to be done in their names.

After the death of a person, sraadh (offering food, clothes to brahmins for the benefit of the ancestors) involves feeding food to the crows. The belief is that crows have a very long life, and so the food fed to them would reach the dead ancestors ( :o ).

Why offer camphor to a crow? Why give the snake milk to drink? (SGGS pg 481)

He came and he went, and now, even his name has died. After he left, food was offered on leaves, and the birds were called to come and eat. O Nanak, the self-willed manmukhs love the darkness. Without the Guru, the world is drowning. (SGGS pg 138)

The worship of snake (naag panchmi) is another blind ritual condemned by Bhaisahib.

The mind of the self-willed manmukh is not softened; his consciousness is totally polluted and stone-hearted. Even if the venomous snake is fed on milk, it shall still be filled with poison. ||(SGGS pg 755)

The worship of Kaalee maaee, done by people committing astonishing torture to themselves is also pointed out as fruitless by Bhaisahib.

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL: The religious rites, rituals and hypocrisies which are seen, are plundered by the Messenger of Death, the ultimate tax collector. In the state of Nirvaanaa, sing the Kirtan of the Creator's Praises; contemplating Him in meditation, even for an instant, one is saved. || 1 || (SGGS pg 747)

The benefits of bowing before a person of a so-called higher caste is also deemed pointless by Bhaisahib. Gurbani has defined the best religion : Of all religions, the best religion is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct. (SGGS pg 266)

Bhaisahib saw the painful death of a person who had enjoyed all material pleasures during his lifetime. He left home and went to Haridwar before his parents could get him married, as Bhaisahib was now 22 years old.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

By Guru kirpa, daas has read a lot by now. i must make one thing clear here : i don't think i can come out totally with all that is said by bhaisahib, and this is something i just realized. He was a great chardi kala Singh and das is in no way anywhere close :( . But das shall still try to bring out what das read.

Bhaisahib talks about the great merits of reciting Sukhmani Sahib paath, giving examples from real life about people who saw miraculous changes in their lives : all by the power of Sukhmani Sahib (das begs everyone to start reciting it atleast once daily ).

He says how he got carried away by maya, but by Guru's grace he came back onn the track of Sikhi. 12-13 hours of simran on mool mantar blesses one with spiritual powers (das begs all to do as much as possible ).

How he had a vision of Guru Gobind Singh asking him to take amrit and to do amrit sanchaar in various countries. Bhaisahib also talks about other Sikhs who had Gurujee's darshan.

i m feeling a knock in my head :o reading such awesome and hard to describe details of Sikhi...will return with more if Guru wills so...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhaisahib went to Haridwar and then to delhi where he worked at his uncle's hotel for sometime. He learned how to cook also. Bhaisahib went to see an officer who needed a person able to handle party arrangements and was willing to travel abroad. Bhaisahib approached this officer who was readily impressed by Bhaisahib. He decided to take Bhaisahib with him to Indonesia. Once when Bhaisahib went to pay him a visit, he wasn't there, and since he trusted Bhaisahib, he had already given a set of spare keys to his room to Bhaisahib. On entering the room, Bhaisahib saw 2 copies of Sukhmani Sahib, one in Hindi and one in Gurmukhi. Bhaisahib started reading the Hindi version and experienced great peace and satisfaction. The officer had brought this for Bhaisahib to read it to him when he fell ill.

Soon after, Bhaisahib was able to read the Gurmukhi version as well. The officer's son had died, and they looked upon Bhaisahib as their son. Later on Bhaisahib got a job at the Indian Embassy in Indonesia. This was the result of reciting Sukhmani Sahib. Also, this job made Bhaisahib go to parties and night clubs, and engaging in immoral relations. Bhaisahib came across this shabad :

whose eyes do not gaze upon the beauty of others' wives, who serves the Holy and loves the Saints' Congregation (SGGS pg 274)

Bhaisahib realized his mistake. After 6 years in Indonesia, Bhaisahib was back in India. He also talks about the benefit of doing Sukhmani Sahib's paath, and gives examples of a Muslim and Christian family who had started reciting it. :o. Also, a maid servant in Ludhiana had her salary increased and was married, this also Bhaisahib attributes to Sukhmani Sahib paath.

Bhaisahib convinced his parents that he needed to find the True Guru and left for Bombay. He went to a church, a mandir, but didn't find a spiritual master. He then went to a Gurdwara, and says that when he bowed before SGGS for the 1st time, he couldn't lift his head up. Bhaisahib saw the way to hell that night in his dream (This is better NOT to be described, as das stated earlier, i do not match Bhaisahib's quality of describing something he saw himself).

O sexual desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wander in reincarnation through countless species. You cheat the consciousness, and pervade the three worlds. You destroy meditation, penance and virtue. But you give only shallow pleasure, while you make the mortals weak and unsteady; you pervade the high and the low. Your fear is dispelled in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, through the Protection and Support of the Lord. || 46 || (SGGS pg 1358)

The sinners act, and generate bad karma, and then they weep and wail. O Nanak, just as the churning stick churns the butter, so does the Righteous Judge of Dharma churn them. || 9 || (SGGS pg 1425)

FIFTH MEHL: Making all sorts of efforts, they wander around; but they do not make even one effort. O Nanak, how rare are those who understand the effort which saves the world. (SGGS pg 965)

Bhaisahib says he had experienced how a lustful person was tortured in hell. He then went to England in January 1964, and got his 1st nitnem gutka from Shepherds Bush Gurdwara. Bhaisahib had a reference letter from the President of India, and so easily got a job at the Indian Embassy in England. Bhaisahib started reciting Japji Sahib, and fell in love with moolmantar which he kept reciting (twelve to thirteen hours a day). After 10 months or so, he was blessed with ridhiaan sidhiaan. This happened when Bhaisahib was still clean shaven and hair cut! He points out that whoever recites the moolmantar 12-13 hours a day, no matter what religion he/she belongs to, shall receive spiritual powers!

What daas is going to say next is pretty astonishing!

Bhaisahib and some of his friends were touring Europe. They visited Paris, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and then Germany. Bhaisahib recited Japji Sahib and Choupei Sahib all the way. One of the people in their group was an Israeli girl named Dalia. The group reached a hotel in Germany late at night, and ended up receiving 2 rooms with double beds. The problem now was that Dalia would have to sleep with someone, and since she trusted Bhaisahib, she didn't have a problem. But Bhaisahib remembered the scenes of hell. He did Ardas to SatGuru Dhann Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj, and said "O True King, I have not become your true Sikh yet, I haven't kept my hair. This girl believes me to be your Sikh. Please save the honor of your Sikhi". Being exhausted, Bhaisahib fell into deep sleep, even forgetting that there was a girl in the room with him........

.............that same night..........

Time : 1 AM - 2 AM : Amritvela.....

The room was flooded by a very bright light. Bhaisahib says his body became weightless and he could hear a sweet melodious tune. It was at this instant that Guru Gobind Singh gave Bhaisahib pertakh darshan, and Bhaisahib felt he had seen Guru Jee earlier in His living body.

This is what Gurujee said to Bhaisahib :

"Take Amrit and be initiated as a Singh. Your mission will be to promote Amrit baptism in many countries."

"I have given the Khalsa 5 kakars - kachera, kara, kirpan, kanga and keski. The Sikh Panth and the Khalsa do not follow my directive. Some have modified the fifth kakar from kes-ki to kes. You are ordered not to give Amrit in the baptism ceremony unless keski in included as one of the 5 kakars."

"The coming of Khalsa Raj is inevitable. But, only when the Khalsa follows my guidance. Rehat, the code of conduct for the Sikhs, is more important to me than a Sikh. During the Khalsa Raj, spiritual guidance will be mine and the Panj Pyaare will give the lead. Punjab will become like heaven, a part of Sachkhand, the Plane of Truth, i.e God's country. The Khalsa institution of Panj Pyaare will head every local community."

Chant the Naam yourself, and inspire others to chant it as well. Hearing, speaking and living it, emancipation is obtained. The essential reality is the True Name of the Lord. With intuitive ease, O Nanak, sing His Glorious Praises. (SGGS pg 289)

When the seed of the karma of past actions sprouted, I met the Lord; He is both the Enjoyer and the Renunciate. My darkness was dispelled when I met the Lord. O Nanak, after being asleep for countless incarnations, I have awakened. (SGGS pg 204)

Bhaisahib's eyes were filled with tears the next morning. Even Dalia saw a dream where she was asleep in a beautiful land with sweet smelling flowers. She also had been blessed!

From that day onwards, Bhaisahib stopped cutting his hair and shaving his beard, and starting yearning for Amrit as soon as he would reach England.

Bhaisahib further stresses the importance of keski (I shall not get into the details).

Bhaisahib then goes on to talk about others who have had similar divine experiences, like Sant Baba Nidhan Singh ji, Sant Baba Sewa Singh ji, Bhagat Puran Singh ji and Bibi Balwant Kaur ji.

Makindu, East Africa has a Gurdwara sahib taken care of by an African sewadar. Since he was lazy, he didn't take proper care of the Gurdwara. Guru Gobind Singh appeared to him in a dream and told him "You are not doing your duty properly". But he didn't bother paying any heed. Soon after, he also received partakh darshan of Guru Gobind Singh. When the visiting sangat came, he told them everything and pointed out towards a painting of Guru Gobind Singh and said "He is the One I saw".

Bhaisahib then tells the sakhis of kauda rakshas, sajjan thug, vali kandhari, the village of thugs once visited by Guru nanak jee, and the sakhi where Guru nanak's one look changed the bitter reethay into sweet.

The first raensabhaaee in England was held in Southall in 1968, followed by Bhaisahib's Amrit sanchaar.

more coming soon, if Gurujee wills so... :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhaisahib Bhai Rama Singh jee received Khandey Baatey da Pahul on Vasakhi day, April 13th in 1969 at Beaconsfield Road Gurdwara. The Hukamama for the Amrit Sanchaar ceremony was as follows :

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind's desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him.

In the Lord's Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. (SGGS pg 623)

Bhaisahib says that during Amrit Sanchaar, a Gursikh's mind (depending on past deeds) illuminates immediately when the Panj Pyaare place their hands on his/her head and teach them how to recite Naam. He says he has seen for himself that in case of some people, the enlightenment remains there for an hour and then fades away, while for some it lasts upto one week. It is difficult to instill the spirit of naam in the hearts of other people with unclean minds and they have to work very hard for the gift of Naam.

Bhaisahib in his own words :

When I received Amrit, I went through the most unusual experience. While the Panj Piaray were teaching me the recitation of Naam, my eyes were closed but I could "see" everything going on around me. Even afterwards, when I had gone home, simran continued with my every breath. I was not able to sleep that night. All night simran continued subconsciously. I felt as if a very bright lamp was glowing inside me. The brightness was like that of a flash of lightning. Only the the lightning vanishes after a few seconds, but this light inside me continued to shine on. It is very difficult to describe this experience.

Bhaisahib then tells us the story of Chhaju who was blessed by Guru Harkishan jee and was able to translate the Gita to a proud Pandit disrespecting Gurujee and doubting His powers. Bhaisahib travelled to Nankana Sahib in Pakistan on the occassion of Guru nanak Dev Jee's 500th prakash utsav in 1969. He appreciates Bhai Jiwan Singh who was the founder of Khalsa schools.

Once there was an Amrit Sanchaar in Toronto. One Singh by the name of Bhai Amrik Singh was reciting Jaap Sahib, and Bhaisahib saw two hands on the sword (the sword preparing Amrit). One was that of Bhai Amrik Singh and the other of Guru Gobind Singh. A bibi who took Amrit lost consciousness and it took her some time to recover. Meanwhile, her naam simran continued and could be heard. Sixteen people took Amrit

that day.

Bhaisahib then undertook the task of helping in the sewa of langar at Anandpur Sahib. He even had the chance of meeting Yogi Bhajan during this period. Bhaisahib stresses on learning Gurmukhi in order to completely grasping Gurbani. He even received a letter of appreciation from Gurcharan Singh Tohra who was then the President of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee.

Bhaisahib then went on to visit Siri Hemkunt Sahib. They reached upto Gobind Ghaat after which it was necessary to walk for the rest of the way. The Gurdwara at Gobind Ghaat was one kilometer from the road, and here the sewa of Nishan Sahib was undertaken. After the ceremony was complete, two falcons were seen flying. They circled around the Nishan Sahib and then flew towards Hemkunt Sahib. The hill tops resounded the jaikaras of Bole So Nihaal! Sat Sri Akaal!

The distance between Gobind Ghaat and Gobind Dhaam is 13 kilometres. The sangat reached Gobind Dhaam after 11 hours of trekking. One Singh by the name Bhai Didar Singh was left behind and lost the way. After it started getting dark, he reached a junction of footpaths and didn’t know which path to follow. He prayed for SatGurujee’s help and two golden falcons came and started walking in front of him. He followed the path they showed after which they disappeared.

At the Gurdwara while Bhaisahib was doing sewa, a lady came upto him and asked him to wake her up in the morning when he was going to do his simran. Bhaisahib was very surprised as to how this lady knew that Bhaisahib did simran at Amritvela! He wook her up the next morning “Bibi, it is Amrit vela, get upâ€. At this point, Bhaisahib heard an inner voice “Good soul, Guru Gobind Singh Ji has come, get up quickly, take your bath and come to Maharaj Ji’s roomâ€. While doing his simran, Bhaisahib noticed that the Bibi was bowing before SGGS. His eyes closed and a thought passed through his mind that the Bibi was none other than Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He became immersed in a divine hum within himself. On opening his eyes, he didn’t find the Bibi there.

Chalda Vaheer was a moving jatha formed to go country to country carrying out Amrit Sanchaars. This jatha went first to Australia and then to New Zealand. A Singhnee by the name of Ranjeet Kaur, who was a bibeki and had taken Amrit from Sri Hazoor Sahib had been praying for Panj Pyaare in her Ardas to come and give Amrit to the sangat. Her prayers had been answered. Another lady who was believed to be under the spell of an evil spirit also came. When the Panj Pyaare sprinkled Amrit on her dasam dwaar, the spirit left her body and she was cured instantly.

The jatha then went to Singapore, which during those years had the biggest Gurdwara outside India. Although initially scheduled for only 3-4 days of stay, the sangat’s love compelled the jatha to stay there for two full weeks. 26 people received Amrit. The jatha then went to Malaysia. Once again, the scheduled plan was to stay for a month but actually they ended up staying for 2 months due to the sangat’s love. When the jatha was in Fiji, they came across a Fijian lady who had been doing Ardas to Guruji for 12 years to send Panj Pyaare so that she could receive Amrit. She experienced ecstasy on receiving Amrit. 86 people received Amrit in Fiji.

From there the jatha traveled to Philippines. A Filipino lady who was married to a Singh received Amrit along with his family. She lost consciousness when Amrit was put in her mouth. The good deeds of her past life were rewarded and she started doing swas swas simran.

In Florida, USA, Dr Jaspal Singh and his family received Amrit. He had an 8-9 month old son, after whose birth the family was inspired towards Sikhi. After Amrit Sanchaar, when the fifth jaikara was called out, this child enthusiastically shouted the jaikara so loudly that the sangat was pleasantly surprised. This child had an unusual habit. He would go happily to any Singh, but if anyone with cut hair would come near him, he would start crying. He spontaneously started doing swas swas simran after a few drops of Amrit were given to him. After this the jatha went to California where 16 people took Amrit.

Later on they went to a Gurdwara in Hollywood where a kathakaar from India was doing katha. He saw some white American Singhnees wearing dastar and commented that nowadays even women have started wearing turbans like men. The Giani thought that the western Singhnis didn’t understand Punjabi and made more comments against ladies wearing dastar.

Bhai Jagdish Singh, although of Indian origin, is married to Bibi Jagjeet Kaur, an American Singhnee. He has taught her Punjabi and she does kirtan very well. She was hurt by the Gianiji’s comments, and went upto him after diwan.

Bibiji : Gianiji, can you please tell me, what is most precious to Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

Gianiji (surprised that a white lady spoke Punjabi) : Guru Gobind Singh loves the rehat of a Sikh the most.

Bibiji : Could you tell me, which is the Rehat that Guruji loves the most?

Gianiji : The one that you are keeping. That is the one Guru Gobind Singh Ji loves the most.

Bibiji (coming to her point) : Then why did you doubt your Guru and speak against the keski? Would you rather please people, than make Guru happy?

Gianiji (remorsefully) : Please forgive me. I was mistaken. From now on, I shall preach the complete Rehat Maryada of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Bhaisahib says that we should not be lax in doing simran. Every New Year one must resolve to do atleast one Sehaj Paath of SGGS. One should try to recite Moolmantar 125,000 times an year. Bhaisahib and Bhai Prithipal Singh ji would start path and simran at 1 am. Bhai Prithipal Singh ji would do the path with great devotion and every line would be understood and enjoyed. Each year, they completed the paath during Easter holidays.

more to come if Gurujee wills.... :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhaisahib now talks about the benefits of sewa and humility. He says that whenever one goes to the Gurdwara, one must start by doing the sewa of cleaning the Sangat's shoes.This sewa requires total humility and for that reason it is the most difficult. Few people come forward to do it because of having a sense of false pride.

Those who do such sewa must always pray to WAHEGURU whenever someone praises them for it. Bhaisahib tells a way to know that one has been saved from haumai (pride).

If your eyes become tearful (with humility), you will realise that you have been saved from haumai.

Bhaisahib requests that anyone doing sewa should do it very humbly without showing arrogance as Gurujee is all knowing. Doing sewa in humility by giving up pride would only be fruitful.

He tells the story of a Sikh (Please note : das is calling the person as Sikh only because Bhaisahib has done the same :) ) who became greedy and wanted to steal the gold plates from Sri Harimandir Sahib. When the Sangat was taking SGGS to Sri Akal Takht, he hid on the upper floor of Sri Harimandir Sahib. As he started stealing, Gurujee appeared in the form of a GurSikh and asked him to stop. He refused and said he would even give him (Gurujee in the disguise of a Sikh) a share of what he stole. By Gurujee's will, he fell down and broke his leg. He started crying out to Gurujee to forgive him. When the Sangat came, he confessed as to what his intentions were and realised that Guru Ram Das Jee was ever present at every place.

Bhaisahib tells us to regard SGGS as the Living Light, as a living Guru in front of us. The sacred spirits of GurSikh martyrs (Shaheeds) guard the place where there is parkash of SGGS. If sewa is not done properly, the family suffers pain and hardship. Some devotees keep SGGS at home but do not do the sewa properly. The children should also be encouraged to acquire the habit of reciting Gurbani.

During his stay in Indonesia, Bhaisahib was very keen on meeting the President of India who was visiting. He soon realised that the President was just an ordinary person. Those who didn't know him had great desire of meeting him, yet Bhaisahib who was close to him had lost all such desires. We place less value of what is available to us. Some people do not understand the status of SGGS. When one bows before SGGS in all sincerity, their sins of many previous lives are washed away. Bhaisahib says that we must learn from the white Singhs and Singhnees who are destined to make a great contribution towards the etablishment of Khalsa Raj.

Next Bhaisahib talks about Simran, and says that by doing WAHEGURU simran a human being is freed from all the cycle of birth and death and achieves contentment.

GAUREE, FIFTH MEHL: Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one's life is like that of a snake. This is how the faithless cynic lives, forgetting the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || One who lives in meditative remembrance, even for an instant, lives for hundreds of thousands and millions of days, and becomes stable forever. || 1 || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one's actions and works are cursed. Like the crow's beak, he dwells in manure. || 2 || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one acts like a dog. The faithless cynic is nameless, like the prostitute's son. || 3 || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one is like a horned ram. The faithless cynic barks out his lies, and his face is blackened. || 4 || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one is like a donkey. The faithless cynic wanders around in polluted places. || 5 || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, one is like a mad dog. The greedy, faithless cynic falls into entanglements. || 6 || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, he murders his own soul. The faithless cynic is wretched, without family or social standing. || 7 || (SGGS pg 239)

WAHEGURU is the Guru's mantar, and it may be recited by a Hindu or Muslim or Christian or Sikh or anyone : all happiness is achieved by its recitation.

With each and every breath, meditate in remembrance on the Lord of the Universe, and the anxiety within your mind shall depart. (SGGS pg 295)

O my True Guru, implant within me the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The Lord is my mother, father, child and relative; I have none other than the Lord, O my mother. (SGGS pg 996)

Bhaisahib says that those who do not recite the 5 banis should not volunteer for the sewa of being appointed as Panj Pyaare. Those who do such sewa have to give away a portion of from their own spiritual earnings. One who doesnt do simran in the morning can't give anything and so suffers a loss. After the Amrit ceremony, the Panj Pyaare direct that Naam should be recited after taking a bath at Amritvela which starts as 1 AM.

Then Bhaisahib explains the 2 ways of doing WAHEGURU Simran. The first is the recitation of WAHEGURU WAHEGURU and the second is WAHEGURU Simran with every swas. The first one gifts many mental powers but it takes a long time to reach the goal. If Akal Purakh showers His Grace, or the person has done meditation in previous life, then WAHEGURU Simran flows in rhythm with every swas.

The second method method is taught by the Panj Pyaare during the Amrit ceremony. They direct that WAHEGURU Simran with every breath is very important at Amrit Vela.

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace. Worry and anguish shall be dispelled from your body. Remember in praise the One who pervades the whole Universe. His Name is chanted by countless people, in so many ways. The Vedas, the Puraanas and the Simritees, the purest of utterances, were created from the One Word of the Name of the Lord. That one, in whose soul the One Lord dwells - the praises of his glory cannot be recounted. Those who yearn only for the blessing of Your Darshan - Nanak: save me along with them! (SGGS Sukhmani Sahib 1.1 pg 262)

Naam Simran in Saadh Sangat is much more fruitful than if done alone. If a person sits home and does Naam Simran, the fruit is like small droplets of rain, and if done in the presence of SGGS in Saadh Sangat is like standing in heavy rain, thereby washing away the sins of previous lives.

Bhaisahib then tells the stories of Bhagat Kabir jee, Balmiki jee and Ganaka. He says that it is Guru Gobind Singh's greatness that during Amrit Sanchaar He instructed the GurSikhs doing sewa to repeat WAHEGURU's name 30 times, and it was a sign of misfortune if even after that the Name does not find abode in one's heart.

Five times Amrit is sipped and WAHEGURU is repeated : the tongue is purified. Drops of Amrit are put on the head 5 times. Everyone's swas is let out through the tenth door, and putting drops of Amrit there makes the soul's departure easier. Amrit is sprinkled into the eyes 5 times : eyes are purified, and should not desire anyone else but one's spouse and be able to experience Gurujee's darshan.

Evil doers have a very painful end. Messengers of Dharamraj beat the dying sinner from top of the head to toes in order to force out the breath of life ( :o ). Hindus believe that the pain of death is equal to a 100 scorpion stings. Anyone taking the teachings of Guru Nanak to heart will find salvation. It is very important to do Naam Simran with every breath.

Many individuals do not enjoy Naam Simran. One should not get frustrated : Gurujee will help. Bhaisahib says he spent 26 years doing sewa and simran, and for about 15 years there was no joy. He continued hoping that WAHEGURU would shower His Grace.

Bhaisahib tells us how we must conceal/hide how much Naam Simran we do. Giani Amolak Singh once told Bhai Amrik Singh that he did 6 or 7 paaths of Sukhmani Sahib daily, and after that day he was never able to do that many number of paaths. Bhaisahib let it be known that he used to recite Moolmantar daily for 12-13 hours and was never able to do it for that many hours after that. After that Bhaisahib also never told anyone about his Naam Simran.

One has to wait for the sweet fruit of Naam Simran as it takes time. Pleasure is readily felt from worldly enjoyments, but the deep spiritual pleasure of Naam is enjoyed only with the Grace of the Guru.

One day, Bhaisahib's condition was as follows :

You barbaric brute, with your primitive intellect - reverse your breath and turn it inward. Let your mind be intoxicated with the stream of Ambrosial Nectar which trickles down from the furnace of the Tenth Gate. || 1 || O Siblings of Destiny, call on the Lord. O Saints, drink in this wine forever; it is so difficult to obtain, and it quenches your thirst so easily. || 1 || Pause || In the Fear of God, is the Love of God. Only those few who understand His Love obtain the sublime essence of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny. As many hearts as there are - in all of them, is His Ambrosial Nectar; as He pleases, He causes them to drink it in. || 2 || There are nine gates to the one city of the body; restrain your mind from escaping through them. When the knot of the three qualities is untied, then the Tenth Gate opens up, and the mind is intoxicated, O Siblings of Destiny. || 3 || When the mortal fully realizes the state of fearless dignity, then his sufferings vanish; so says Kabeer after careful deliberation. Turning away from the world, I have obtained this wine, and I am intoxicated with it. || 4 || 3 || (SGGS pg 1123)

(Please note : a few words as written in the book may vary, as das is pasting these tuks from another website, and has been doing so from the beginning of this thread. However, this difference is due to the different english translations and therefore does not change the meaning of the Shabad)

Bhaisahib says that suddenly his breath started to rise to the dasam dwaar. He had a slight irritating sensation on his forehead and kept stroking his forehead above his nose again and again. When the swas reaches there, all distracting thoughts stop. The mind is in a state of equilibrium and one feels like continuing Simran. The body goes numb starting from the feet. There is no sensation and one does not know if the body is still there. Bhaisahib says he had to do many hours of sewa and simran daily to reach at this stage.

After this Bhaisahib tells us how the institutions of Langar and Pangat were maintained at Gurdwaras in Australia and England by NOT having tables and chairs. Giving priority to an individual over the Sangat is a great insult to the Guru's Sangat.

More to come...if Gurujee wills...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

In the continuing chapter, Bhaisahib talks about the signs of a restless mind and goes on to tell us some stories from Sikh history.

Guru Hargobind once instructed a Sikh to climb on a tree and kill a crow chick who was in need of salvation. The Sikh didn’t know which one to kill as there were many, and so Gurujee told him that it would cry out to him. Other Sikhs wondered what crime had the creature committed! Gurujee told them that the chick was a devout Sikh in its previous life and visited Gurdwara daily. However, one day he started talking to his friend in the middle of katha, and one GurSikh who got distracted said “Why do you go on with your kan kan like a crow?†And thus he was reborn as a crow. The lesson Bhaisahib wants us to learn is that when path, kirtan, or katha is in progress, one must not talk, and should sit quietly and listen to Guru’s Word.

Once a sangat was going to have a darshan of Guru Arjan Dev Ji. They were traveling on foot, a snake repeatedly kept on coming in their way. They thought probably the snake also wanted to have Gurujee’s darshan, and so they told the snake to enter an earthen pot that they had. The snake did so. On reaching the Gurdwara, Gurujee asked “Where is my one other Sikh? You have not brought him with you.†The sangat then told Gurujee about the snake, who was let out of the pot, and who bowed its hood in front of Gurujee. Gurujee sprinkled holy water on the snake and gave it salvation. Furthermore, Gurujee said that he was a Sikh in his previously life who would, while matha tek, offer one rupee, and pick up more, thinking no one was looking. Due to this sin, he had to be reborn as a snake, but since he had been attending sangat, he was aware that he had done wrong, and so he came to have Gurujee’s darshan.

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. || 1 || (SGGS pg 526)

Once an animal trainer brought his bear with him and made it dance in the court of Guru Gobind Singh. One Sikh, Bhai Keertia laughed the most. Gurujee told him that the bear was Bhai Keertia’s father Bhai Sobha Ram in his previous life. Bhai Keertia and the entire sangat was shocked, as Bhai Sobha Ram was a great sewadar, and also served Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee. Guru Gobind Singh then told everyone the story, of how once a Sikh passing with his bullock cart wanted to partake langar, and Bhai Sobha Ram didn’t treat him with respect. Seeing the dust on this poor Sikh’s face and beard, Bhai Sobha Ram paid no attention to his repeated requests to give him langar parshad as his cart was moving further and further. Bhai Sobha Ram got irritated and remarked “Why do you keep jumping up and down like a bear! Go and sit down at the back. You will receive your Prasaad in turn.†A small bit of Prasaad had fallen on the floor. This Sikh picked it up, put it in his mouth, said WAHEGURU and remarked “You may be the bear!†Thus, as a result Bhai Sobha Ram was re born as a bear. Bhai Keertia then prayed to Gurujee to forgive his father. Gurujee sprinkled holy water on the bear and freed it, and the animal trainer was given a generous compensation.

(please note : although Bhaisahib does not mention the name of Bhai Sobha Ram, das mentioned it as das remembered it from an audio cassette where das heard the same sakhi.)

Doing sewa in the Gurdwara aids in achieving the main purpose of life. An Amritdhari GurSikh who does simran and reads Gurbani and does not achieve salvation in the given life, will do so in the next. However, sewa and simran have to be done in humility by giving up haumai.

Bhaisahib goes on to talk about how the lifestyle of the Sikhs has changed. People go to the goddess when the child has small pox. Once even Bhaisahib mistook a boy for a girl, as the boy had long hair and was wearing ear rings.

Bhaisahib then tells us how important it is to do the 5 banis (Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Ten Sawayas, Chaupai and full Anand Sahib) in the morning. He tells us a story he read, the story of Sri Maan Baba Harnam Singh Ji of Rampur, Khera. Babaji was reciting moolmantar in a room. The door opened and a GurSikh with a radiant face walked in. They exchanged the Gur Fateh greeting. Guru Gobind Singh had come to bless Babaji with His darshan. He saw in the western direction SatGurujee riding a horse along with 4 other Singhs. Gurujee came close and paused. Babaji bowed in homage at Gurujee’s feet in the stirrup. Gurujee smiled a bit and moved away, and at a little distance He disappeared. The GurSikh asked Babaji why he was not happy. Babaji replied that SatGurujee never said a word. The GurSikh replied that Babaji ddin’t do the path of Jaap Sahib. Although Babaji recited Sukhmani Sahib and Asa Di Vaar daily, the GurSikh said that no matter how many other banis a Sikh recites, if the prescribed banis are not recited, Gurujee will not be entirely pleased. From that day forth, Bhaisahib made sure to recite Jaap Sahib daily.

Bhaisahib tells the story of Bibi Jagjeet Kaur, who was once involved in a road accident. Many people were prepared to testify against her. She did Ardas to Gurujee as she didn’t know whose fault it was, and surprisingly no one showed up, thereby Bibijee won the case.

Giani Pritam Singh once mentioned that even during the time of Guru Gobind Singh, the question of Khalsa Raj came up. Gurujee carried out a test. Sweet rice, with many other expensive and delicious ingredients was prepared and was spread on a white sheet. About a dozen dogs were then brought in. The dogs barked and snarled at each other but none ate the rice. They just spread the rice around in dirt with their feet and kept snarling at each other. Similarly, Bhaisahib says, the Singhs are not understanding the value of Gurbani. They quarrel for leadership, but until the Khalsa begins to observe the Rehit, recite Gurbani and do Naam Simran, Khalsa will not get its own raj.

Once in London, a family arranged for Akhand Paath, and in order to record it, they had a camera set up to record the paath. When the Giani ji was left on his own, he got up and picked the money offered by the devotees. The family on seeing this asked the Giani ji to leave. Giani ji said that Akhand Paath cannot be interrupted, and they said that he had already done so. When he did not confess, they showed him the video. He was very embarrassed and went away.

Once a news came in an Indian newspaper. A group of 5 pathis were doing Akhand paath at the home of a GurSikh family. One of them was an 18 year old boy. At night, the daughter of the family, who was pretty, was listening to paath on her own. The young man started reading nonsense : “Mahala panjwan, O girl bring me some warm tea.†The girl was surprised and asked her mother if there was any such words in the hymns. The father told the Singh to stop doing paath and leave immediately.

Bhaisahib himself saw a Granthi in Moga (India) wave his Kara up and down in front of an ill child’s face, and recite magical words in order to cure him.

“The medicine for all types of illness is Naam†(SGGS pg 274)

Bhaisahib tells the story of 2 Granthis who were born as oxen. Baba Nand Singh saw these 2 oxen and told other Singhs about their previous lives. One Granthi used to shut Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee in a closet and himself slept in a comfortable bed. The other was a Granthi who never completed Akhand Paath and used to do the Bhog ceremony. The people concerned also didn’t do sewa. To mislead people, he would get up early in the morning, and without taking a bath, he would do paath in the light of paraffin lamp. He would touch the pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib with his hands smelling pf paraffin. This Granthi was possessed by a Shaheed Singh one day at Hazoor Sahib, who beat him up and put paraffin oil in his mouth. After their death, these 2 Granthis were re born as oxen. The number of people visiting Hazur Sahib came down, and so Ardas was done to Guru Gobind Singh to stop punishing people in public, and do so in a hidden way. Hidden punishment continues although not in public. The farmer who owned them couldn’t do without making these oxen work hard all day. And so Baba Nand Singh Jee told him to build a ridge around his hut. As high as the ridge would be, that high the water level in his fields would be. A s soon as the farmer finished, it rained to the level of the ridge, and his crops were no longer dry.

Bhaisahib then talks about the Shaheeds of Vasakhi 1978, 13 of them : Bhai Fauja Singh jee, Bhai Avtar Singh jee, Bhai Harbhajan Singh jee, Bhai Piara Singh jee, Bhai Raghbir Singh jee, Bhai Gurcharan Singh jee, Bhai Gurdial Singh jee, Bhai Amrik Singh jee, Bhai Dharamvir Singh jee, Bhai Kewal Singh jee, Bhai Hari Singh jee, Bhai Ranbir Singh jee and Bhai Darshan Singh jee.

Operation Bluestar

On June 6th, 1984, Indira Gandhi ordered an attack on Sri Harimandir Sahib Jee. Gurdwara Mukatsar Sahib, Sri Dukh Niwaran Sahib (Patiala), Gurdwara Bhattha Sahib Jee (Ropar), and many other Gurdwaras were invaded. Over 10,000 Singhs were accused of being extremists and arrested. Bhaisahib then goes on to describe his feelings and experiences after Operation Bluestar.

(Note : das feels that at this point, it will be best if the sangat is enabled to read for themselves the conversation between Bhaisahib and a Shaheed Singh who appeared before him after Operation Bluestar. For this purpose, 10 pages from the book have been scanned and are being posted)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Das is posting 3 scanned pages on the description of the after life as seen by Bhaisahib himself. This incident is from Bhaisahib's life when he was haircut cleanshaven and had just started visiting Gurdwara.

hell1.jpg

hell2.jpg

hell3.jpg

More to come...Guru Willing :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Following operation bluestar, Bhaisahib describes the weakness of the Panthic leaders of that period. Harchand Singh Longowal and Gurcharan Singh Tohra who promised to never leave Sri Harmandar Sahib in the event of an attack by the Indian army, did so, thereby breaking their promise.

He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of religion. He may be cut apart, piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle. (SGGS pg 1105)

Many who tried to destroy the Sikh nation (like Mir Mannu, Lakhpat Rai, Indra Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi) perished in their attempts.

The Will of God hath ordained the Order of the Khalsa Panth

This is the final Commandment to all the Sikhs, accept the Granth as the Guru.

(Sikh Ardas and Rehetnama)

The whole country will have to pay for what happened in Amritsar. Those who were martyred by the Punjab government will take birth again and punish the perpetrators of these crimes.

Ahmad Shah Abdali also suffered a resounding defeat at the hands of the Singhs and retreated to Lahore. No one can destroy Sri Harmandar Sahib!

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You. The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has established You; thus You are adorned and embellished. Ramdaspur is prosperous and thickly populated, and incomparably beautiful. O Lord! Bathing in the Sacred Pool of Raam Daas, the residues of sins are washed away, O Nanak. (SGGS pg 1362)

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru's Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. (SGGS pg 625)

Bhaisahib says that all have tried to expand their religions. The Sikh religion is the path of love and will be spread through truthful conduct and the spiritual power of Naam.

There is no peace without devotional worship of the Lord. Be victorious, and win the priceless jewel of this human life, by meditating on Him in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, even for an instant. || 1 || Pause || Many have renounced and left their children, wealth, spouses, joyful games and pleasures. || 1 || Horses, elephants and the pleasures of power - leaving these behind, the fool must depart naked. || 2 || The body, scented with musk and sandalwood - that body shall come to roll in the dust. || 3 || Infatuated with emotional attachment, they think that God is far away. Says Nanak, he is Ever-present! || 4 || (SGGS pg 210)

Guru Nanak's injunction is to do Naam Simran, honest work and share your earnings with others. Bhaisahib then talks about Yogi Bhajan who has brought over hundred thousand Americans and Europeans into the fold of Sikhi. If parchaar is done, then 960 million we shall be! Vegetarian hotels have been opened in large cities of America, Asia and Europe where Sikh literature is also distributed.

Bhaisahib then tells some stories about the people he came across.

He met a young man who was feeling "bairaag" after falling in love with a girl, and who broke off their engagement. Bhaisahib told him that he wouldn't pray for worldly desires for the person.

I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved. My eyes are welling up with tears. (SGGS pg 94)

I have seized the Unseen and Unfathomable Lord, through the Word of the Guru's Shabad. I am a sacrifice to the True Guru. I place my head in offering before the True Guru, if it truly pleases the True Guru. Take pity on me, O God, Great Giver, that Nanak may merge in Your Being. || 4 || (SGGS pg 1114)

The practice of black magic is too common today. Bhaisahib suggested the recitation of Mool Mantar to 3 ladies who came to him and 1 of them was suffering from ill-health. She feared she was under a black magic spell.

Another person used to fear some kind of evil influence in his mind that would repeatedly tell him to cut his hair or it would kill him. Further on, when he started wearing a dastaar and going to Gurdwara, his affliction reduced. Once again he was told that he would die by December 1996. But after 1996 started and he didn;t, he was filled with more encouragement.

To be continued........Guru willing :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhaisahib now talks about Gurmantar (WAHEGURU) and says that there are 2 ways to do simran. One is repeating WAHEGURU and other is taught by Panj Pyaare at the time of Amrit Sanchaar.

Listen to the Teachings of the Perfect Guru; see the Supreme Lord God near you. With each and every breath, meditate in remembrance on the Lord of the Universe, and the anxiety within your mind shall depart. (SGGS pg 295)

As one does swas swas imran, one moves ahead by the grace of WAHEGURU and a stage comes when Gurujee reveals the secret of the tenth gate in the mind.

You brawling ignorant person of uncultured intellect, reverse your breath and turn it inward. Let your mind be intoxicated with the stream of Ambrosial Nectar which trickles down from the furnace of the Tenth Gate. (SGGS pg 1123)

Guru Nanak asked GurSikhs to rise early in the morning and do swas swas simran. Bhai Gurdas Jee has also said that in the Kalyug, the Gurmantar WAHEGURU is the highest and includes the initials of Naam simran words of the 4 yugas (V = vaasdev from satyug, H = harikishan from duapar, R = Ram jee from treta, G = gobind from Kalyug).

Bhaisahib then talks about how people treat God like a toy, giving example as to how some people want their name to be said in the ardas after they offer a few coins as bheta in Gurdwara. And if there name is not said, how much fuss they create later on. When the name is said, they say that we wanted such and such thing also to be asked for but Giani jee said only the name. Bhaisahib says that such people think God can be bought off with money.

The mortal is entangled in Maya; he has forgotten the Name of the Lord of the Universe. Says Nanak, without meditating on the Lord, what is the use of this human life? || 30 || (SGGS pg 1428)

Bhaisahib talks about how people attach so much value to their pets (he does not say anything against this :) ). He also says how young kids today do not how to speak in Punjabi.

You have been blessed with this human body. This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe. Other efforts are of no use to you. Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, vibrate and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || (SGGS pg 378)

Bhaisahib advised one young girl to recite paath of MoolMantar daily for 5 minutes. The whole family did prakash of SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB at home and their business which was going bad started to flourish once again.

He then tells us how some people have kirtan in memory of their pets who had died (Bhaisahib, although does not say anything against this clearly, does however express surprise)

Bhaisahib Randhir Singh Ji wrote about his previous life where he was a prince, and Bhaisahib Rama Singh Ji was in the army of Guru Gobind Singh in his past life. He says that he did not receive salvation inspite of repeated births in GurSikh families because he did not do Naam simran. He was a ragi in his life before he was Bhai Rama Singh. He became greedy and gave less money to his partner who was blind. This person knew a lot of Bani and did a lot of Naam simran, and so he what was going on. He said to the ragi (i.e Bhai Rama Singh in his earlier life) "Why do you behave like Pandits in your greed?" and said that he would be born in a family of Pandits. However, after the ragi apologized, the blind GurSikh did ardas that he would be granted Sikhi.

Chant the Name of the Lord, O mind, and you shall be emancipated. The Lord shall destroy all the sins of millions upon millions of incarnations, and carry you across the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Pause || In the body-village, the Lord Master abides; the Lord is without fear, without vengeance, and without form. The Lord is dwelling near at hand, but He cannot be seen. By the Guru's Teachings, the Lord is obtained. || 1 || The Lord Himself is the banker, the jeweller, the jewel, the gem; the Lord Himself created the entire expanse of the creation. O Nanak, one who is blessed by the Lord's Kind Mercy, trades in the Lord's Name; He alone is the true banker, the true trader. || 2 || (SGGS pg 720)

Bhaisahib now talks about bribery. He tells the story of a couple who had accumulated a lot of wealth this way, but all of it was lost when they fell ill and had to spend all of it on expensive medication.

All the wealth, land and property which you consider your own - when you leave your body, none of it shall go along with you. Why do you cling to them? || 1 || (SGGS pg 1231)

Another person met a similar fate. He moved to England with his family with the help of the money he earned from bribery. His son went astray and used to beat his father if he was not given money to buy alcoholic drinks.

Like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar. His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. ||2|| (SGGS pg 657)

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. || 1 || O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. (SGGS pg 526)

Nothing shall go along with you, except your devotion. All corruption is like ashes. Practice the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. O Nanak, this is the most excellent wealth. (SGGS pg 288)

Gather such a wealth of the Lord, O Brother. It cannot be burned by fire, and water cannot drown it; it does not desert a person. (SGGS pg 375)

Bhaisahib then tells us about maya.

(Note : all the stories narrated by Bhaisahib may or may not be mentioned. However, the Gurbani quotes shown summarize everything. After all, we as Sikhs have to learn everything from Bani. :) )

Maya is a serpent, clinging to the world. Whoever serves her, she ultimately devours. (SGGS pg 510)

Childhood, youth and old age - know these as the three stages of life. Says Nanak, without meditating on the Lord, everything is useless; you must appreciate this. (SGGS pg 1428)

No one is more powerful than the she-serpent Maya, who deceived even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. (SGGS pg 480)

Such is Maya, the woman, which the One Lord has created. She is devouring the whole world, but the Guru has saved me, O my Siblings of Destiny. || Pause || Administering her poisons, she has overcome the whole world. She has bewitched Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. (SGGS pg 394)

(Note : woman denotes only and only the attractive quality of maya. Let us never forget that Gurbani is 100% free of gender bias and firmly asserts gender equality)

Next Bhaisahib talks about the lives of great GurSikhs (and das considers himself unfit to write anything about them :( )

More will follow soon :)

• 2 months later...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sangat jee, I am going to post the chapter on Khalsa Raj, the vision as seen by Bhai Rama Singh Jee. There are 12 pages in total, and sorry I couldn't fix the huge size of each page. Please enjoy reading as this completes the summary, and once again, please DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES as this intended to be a READ ONLY thread.

khalsa-raj-1.jpg

khalsa-raj-2.jpg

khalsa-raj-3.jpg

khalsa-raj-4.jpg

khalsa-raj-5.jpg

khalsa-raj-6.jpg

khalsa-raj-7.jpg

khalsa-raj-8.jpg

khalsa-raj-9.jpg

khalsa-raj-10.jpg

khalsa-raj-11.jpg

khalsa-raj-12.jpg

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sangat jee, this completes this thread of the summary of Bhai Rama Singh Jee's IN SEARCH OF THE TRUE GURU. Once again, I request you all to please NOT POST any replies, and read all that has been posted. If the links don't work, try later, hopefully they should. It was immense pleasure reading this book. After I read half this book, I stopped shaving.

I also request the moderators to please lock this thread, and let it remain a Sticky for good. It was my earnest desire to complete this thread before I die (you never know). I wish all readers chardi kala and may Gurujee bless you all with GurSikhi, Naam and Amritvela Nitnem.

Gurughar da kookar

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!