Beards

vinegar

Let's cut to the chase guys:

Keeping uncut hair as done by Singhs, will eventually result in a receding hairline (regardless of how 'long' the actual strands may or may not grow).

Leaving aside the cosmic 'it helps meditation' points, tying the beard has the exact same effect on the beard hairs as a top knot has on the Kesh of the head, it is only exaggerated by the use of hair fixers and the like, however these can be avoided depending on the method of tying employed.

I personally keep my beard open on most occasions (i.e. 99% of the time), however my beard is barely a fist long and I have little to be concerned about compared to others with consdirably longer facial hair - as Kavita pointed out, there are genuine reasons for others to tie theirs.

This whole argument of 'seena-baseena' is nothing but a convenient argument, the AKJ love using it for their sarablohi rehit and hyper ventilating simran sessions, others for something else, like all fundamentalists, their position is ultimately that today the mainstream are not aware of certain practices of the ancients, so we need to correct it, however the sources of their evidence for what the ancients supposedly did are invariably highly questionable.