The purpose of creating the Khalsa

How can i cut my head off? I assume you do not mean physically. So what is the method for cutting of my head? Must I imagine every day my physical head being cut off? How would cutting my head off for god be good because god gave me this body and now i am imagining that its head is being chopped off. Is this like suicide, for what ideal am i cutting my head off. Would you cut your hair off? No because god gave you hair, so your head must be as important as hair, so why are you saying chop off your head and don't ask why, are you part of some imaginary suicide club.

What are the feet of god where my decapitated head must rest. how can i meet god when i have chopped off my head how can i speak, you are a bit mad i think.

You are a parrot, what you say is just mimicry, have you got a brain, god gave you a brain to do shabad vichaar not just repeat nice sayings you are not helping anyone

I think it means to give up your own 'mat' and do what Maharaj Ji asks us to do. Guru Ji themselves say:

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

What do you reckon?

no no the analogy would be better saying we are blind men being taught how to swim, a blind man does not know what water is let alone swimming.

you have to ask why you have to ask why to everything in gurbani you have to khoj and khoj and question everything, This laziness, in just saying oh yeah i just leave everything to my guru he does everything you know, is bakwaas guru ji is the font of knowledge why not ask deep questions to remove doubts. if you trust your guru and have faith you will have no barriers between him and you.

w-bol, actually the stance you are taking is common amongst many Sikh today - being lazy, because Guru Maharaj will sort it all out.

This type of thinking then extends to situations such as the rise of diabetics in the Sikh community, the response to which is usually, "well, its hukam, but Guru Maharaj will sort it out, I'll keep knocking back the sugar-filled teas and jalebis".

I have met many "Gyanis" in person and on-line who subscribe to this type of attitude and frankly it's pathetic.

Leaving everything to Guru Maharaaj doesnt mean becoming lazy and drinking tea and getting diabetics.

leaving everything to Guru Maharaaj means... loosing yourself in Guru's naam simran and continuous rememberance and surrender to God ..that is what is called leaving everything to Guru ji.

If you drank all the tea and got yourself diabetes, that means you surrendered yourself to the desire of Tea, you didnt leave everything to Guru Maharaaj.

you make surrender sound easy. First before you surrender you have to know yourself, Nanak je ko aape jane aaga gaya na soee

To know yourself requires an immense effort of will, and desire for muktee, a heroic will you have to become a soorma. You cannot lose yourself if you do not know what your own self is. You are being tricked, stop trying to blind others. Your submission to the guru is a slap in the face of guruji, it is a blind submergence in an anal fantasy, it makes a mockery of the wisdom the gurus fought so hard to gain.

You use names like naam simran and waheguru but these just disguise your childish ideas. A tradition needs to be continuely re newed otherwise duped fools like you masquerade in the form of a sikh use the language of the guru's to promote a somnulescence of the sikh populace. I despise people like you. leave this forum, you don't deserve to post, your ears are closed just go away and leave sikhi to people who want to learn about themselves.

Niranjana: how do you interpret 'giving your head'?

Reading all these posts, i don't think anyone's actually disagreeing with anyone else, they just have different ideas of surrender.

Makhane'ch Jannat: why the personal attack? When you do realise who you are, you'll realise that you don't despise W-bol, just his ideas, because there is no difference between your real-self and his. I speak from experience.

Makhane'ch Jannat: why the personal attack? When you do realise who you are, you'll realise that you don't despise W-bol, just his ideas, because there is no difference between your real-self and his. I speak from experience

I love you for saying this its right, but in each situation an self-educated insaan must use the best techniques for mutual self education he believes necessessary, these means may not always be pleseant, we do not live in a perfect world. If i am wrong i'll take what will come to me, live and learn!

w-bol wrote:

Leaving everything to Guru Maharaaj doesnt mean becoming lazy and drinking tea and getting diabetics.

leaving everything to Guru Maharaaj means... loosing yourself in Guru's naam simran and continuous rememberance and surrender to God ..that is what is called leaving everything to Guru ji.

If you drank all the tea and got yourself diabetes, that means you surrendered yourself to the desire of Tea, you didnt leave everything to Guru Maharaaj.

--------------------------------

Yes, thanks for spelling out the obvious from my earlier post. The point that I was trying to highlight is the danger in making such a wide statement as "leave it all to Guru Maharaj" and the example I have is a realistic one, one that I've encountered time and time again using a twisted and flawed understanding of this phrase.

Yes, thanks for spelling out the obvious from my earlier post. The point that I was trying to highlight is the danger in making such a wide statement as "leave it all to Guru Maharaj" and the example I have is a realistic one, one that I've encountered time and time again using a twisted and flawed understanding of this phrase.

This reminds me of some people, if something good happens to them..they say "oh it was the will of God, God is with us." if something bad , really bad happens to them, they ask "Why me God."

On the otherhand there are some santa babas also, if something bad happens to them which affects their popularity they say "it was the will of God".. if something good happens to them which increases their popularity they say "ah.. see how great SANT I am, God is on ma side."

This reminds me of some people, if something good happens to them..they say "oh it was the will of God, God is with us." if something bad , really bad happens to them, they ask "Why me God."

On the otherhand there are some santa babas also, if something bad happens to them which affects their popularity they say "it was the will of God".. if something good happens to them which increases their popularity they say "ah.. see how great SANT I am, God is on ma side."