~ Jaap Sahib Katha by Srimati Anandmurti Guruma ~

great thanks pheena but for server space issue- you could actually delete sants debate folder from gurmarag/SikhAwareness/Video section. I uploaded those videos because this premi was looking for downloading them, he has done that..so you could delete it and besides those videos are available on google and other websites for download.

Thanks in advance.

I been listening to this katha, its really deep and brillant. However, there is audio file number 2 is little contoversial. Basically according to sri guruma, mool mantar is Ikongkar not until gurparsad or until nanak hosi bhi sach. Her argument was, mool mantar has to be one akhar which describes akaal purkh before upadhi eg- mahavaks in vedas. However, all the sikh bhramgyanis agreed to the fact- ik ongkar is bij mantar (seed of all mantars)- part of mool mantar but not mool mantar itself. I think she is looking at gurughar mantars from vedas/vedant perspective eg- rules/regulations of mahavaks etc.

will appreciate input by tsingh and other members. :D

Out of interest, if "mool" refers to basic, then why have a "bij" (seed) mantra?

What scholars or saints may have to say about the subject is one thing, although the very fact that there remains an element of disagreement within the Panth at large.

Does Gurbani advocate a mool mantra (I am aware of references to Bij mantras) or is this whole discussion inspired by discussions with other sects who have elaborate strings of mantras to which Sikhs have adopted some form of response?

bij means seed, mool means root.

Are seed and root same? i would guess soo but again who knows about subtle(antriv) differences between them? only bhramgyanis or guru themselves can solve this riddle.