Bhram Gyaan

Is it essential for person to do simran for divine enlightenment. I was chatting with a Christan man who said he has lot of problems physically and mentally. So i told him to get up at amrit vela and focus his mind on god. He replied that we do not believe in these kinds of mediations. We just believe is Jesus. A long time ago on a Sikh forum i read that the Pope John was braham Gyanni. So my question is do we have to do simran. Or was Pope not a brahm gyanni.

Guru Ji explains how Bhramgyan can be obtained, and even beyond. Put simply ( in my limited understanding) you need Kamaii and Kirpa.

Many Christians do some form of meditation ( some use a mala - rosary) but some of the newer sects don't.

we have to do simran. bani stresses this repeatedly. the thing with christianity is that they have thrown away a lot of there religious teachings. there are many old old sects of christians who believe in keeping uncut kes, avoiding alcohol etc. the catholic church changed these things. i don't think the pope is a bhramgiani, if he was he would have gotten rid of alcohol use as that causes massive spiritual damage.

in my opinion. Simran is rememberance, remembering our essential nature. You may know that higher simran is devoid of discriminating thought a man is in his essential nature. Any brahm gyani is in higher simran. buddhist christian atheist muslim or sikh. But our lower simran is waheguru manter, for a christian it will be something else for a fakir it may be standing on one leg for 50 years this is lower simran.

so theoretically pope could be a brahmgyani, and have not practised our lower simran but in higher simran he would be the same as a sikh brahmgyani

gotten rid of alcohol use as that causes massive spiritual damage.

sorry to go off topic, but alcohol usage can be good for people of a certain constitution and bad or fatal for others. it all depends on social mental and other factors. An excessive fear of alcohol as causing spiritual degeneration is in my opinion as energy wasting as drinking. As my favourite artist aziz mian says "alcohol has no inherent properties good or bad, those whose hearts are corrupt it will bring the corruption to the surface" the world and its drugs are really like water that touches certain parts of our minds and makes things manifest in the world. If your mind is clear all drugs will be water, but if not then who knows whats lurking under the trap door

Is it essential for person to do simran for divine enlightenment. I was chatting with a Christan man who said he has lot of problems physically and mentally. So i told him to get up at amrit vela and focus his mind on god. He replied that we do not believe in these kinds of mediations. We just believe is Jesus. A long time ago on a Sikh forum i read that the Pope John was braham Gyanni. So my question is do we have to do simran. Or was Pope not a brahm gyanni.

I think by Simran you are refering to Japa. No it is not essential that one has to do Japa, there are many methods to have Simurn (rememberence) of the Divine. Japa is a method prescribed by our Gurus, yet there exist many other means to attain the same state as reached through Japa/Simran.

As for you friend thinking believing in Jesus is all he needs, to him i'd say you can only go as far as you allow yourself to. It is not believing that he should be concerned about it is his Surrender to the Divinity of Jesus...the Bhagti, devotional remembrance aspect of his Practice needs a boost.

But the scattered mind sometimes has to be collected through some means. There are many ways to meditate...his focus on God can be through reading the bible early in the morning or listening to Gospel music.

Believing is not enough in the sense that you go to church on Sunday to get a Stamp of attendance in Believing in Jesus. Such believing will only take you so far.

As far as the pope is concerned, i don't think you should concern yourself of what the status of others are. There are those who believe Pope to be the second in command next to God. There are those who only see him a CEO in the business of the Church to save people. Who truly knows what his status is.